IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Max_

Hollywood and Krishna

Rate this topic

I don't know if there are any Hare Krishnas in Hollywood off hand, but I was just thinking about this the other day. You know how Mel Gibson made the Passion Of The Christ movie. Do you think there would ever be a movie about Krishna's life on such a big level as The Passion was? and do you think it would do good or bad for our movement?

Guest guest

Dear Prabhu!

Hare Krishna! All glories to Srila Prabhupada! I offer my humble obeisances unto him!

Anything related to Krishna is good. I dont know if it will be good for our movement in a material sense. But, however, our movement was existing from time immemorial and so if somehow by hook or crook, people mention the names of Krishna, then it is only good for the movement, because the movement's main aim is to spread the name of Krishna to every town and village and iam sure if a movie is released, it can have that effect.

As once Srila Prabhupada was shown a news paper article where it talked about how Hare Krishnas were not good and so forth(some place i dont remember), this was to discourage people at large from following Krishna Consciousness. Srila Prabhupada answered that it was a good thing that the news came out in the paper and the reason he said that was because when everyone gets up in the morning and reads the paper, they will see Krishna's name on it and they will read it and he said it is the mercy of the Lord for everyone to mention His name. So he saw the newspaper as the medium of spreading Krishna's name and did not give much importance to the article per se.

Eventhough that particular incident was to show a bad image of Hare Krishnas, Srila Prabhupada saw it like this and we should also see it like this.

So, i guess what iam saying is however it is, if people can see and know of Krishna it can only be good for that particular soul and ultimately isnt that the goal of ISKCON to spread the name of KRISHNA?

Haribol!

anand