IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Who were Hindus praying to before Krsna arrived??

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Who were Hindus praying to Before the Arrival of Krishna?? How do they know how Vishnu look like? Who told them? what makes them say that this is Vishnu and this is how he looks?

Guest guest

how can we be sure of this? and the mayas ant the aztecs? and the jews...1000 years before Krishna appearance? and the aboriginal people in Australia 40.000 years already? I'm afraid that you do not know many things 5300 years ago...teh word MYTH, you know?

Guest guest

"how can we be sure of this? and the mayas ant the aztecs? and the jews...1000 years before Krishna appearance? and the aboriginal people in Australia 40.000 years already? I'm afraid that you do not know many things 5300 years ago...teh word MYTH, you know? "

it sounds like you need to read Srimad Bhagavatam - the history of the univerise is there way back trillions of years, yet alone 5300. It describes who people prayed to, what they lived like etc. try and see the facts, it is not based on "myths" as you seem to like to say.

ys, NSD

Guest guest

ur just thinking of some 40,000 years ago,but all these manifestations are done some crores of years back and cycle went so many times of cosmic manifestation,just 5000 years back krishna appeared to preach eternal dharma.just leave all the nonsenses and just concentrate on how to get self realisation of ur soul my dear friend chant always hare krishna maha mantra,one day u will able to know all from inner self of ur soul.it takes some time try hard leave all external activities and concentrate on ur innerself on sri krishna.by the mercy of krishna u will be alright...hare krishna...........................visu

Guest guest

"it takes some time try hard leave all external activities and concentrate on ur innerself"

why are you preaching against bhagavad gita?

I am amazed in kali yoga how so much people have forgotton krishna. In the age going back in the first age the hindus would do special mantras and krishna would reveal himself because the world was much diffferent then now but Krishna will come again as kalki. Krishna is the supreme.

Guest guest

One can refer to the salagram.net website, wherein it is beautifully explained as to the relation maoris (natives of New Zealand) and Aboriginals have with our ancient vedic indians.

I think so if one has the enough gel to learn and excavate and surrenders krishna, he will defently give the knowledge of everything past,present and future. So one should stop thinking as to who the people worshiped before Krishna came to earth etc.,

Guest guest

Also be aware of the fact that Lord Krishna and Lord Balaram along with Lord Kali were referred as two young men and God on a white horse, In the old testament, trying to save a jewish priest against the orders of the King.

Guest guest

Govindam adi-pursham tam aham bhajami

venum kvanantam aravinda dalayataksam

barhavatamsam asitambuda sundarangam

kandarpa koti kamaniya visesa sobham

govindam adi purusam tam aham bhajami

angani yasya sakalendriya vrtti manti

pasyanti panti kalayanti ciram jaganti

ananda cinmaya sad ujjvala vigrahasya

govindam adi purusam tam aham bhajami

TRANSLATION

I worship Govinda,the primeval Lord,who is adept in playing on his flute,with blooming eyes like lotus petals,His head decked with peacock feathers,the figure of beauty tinged with hue of blue clouds,His unique loveliness charming millons of cupids.

I worship Govinda,the primeval Lord,whose transcendental form is full of bliss,truth,substantiality and is thus full of the most dazzling splendor.Each of the limbs of that transcendental figure possesses in himself,the full fledged functions of all the organs,eternally sees,maintains and manifests the infinite universes,both spiritual and mundane.

Guest guest

According to Srimad Bhagavatam, there is always worship of Lord Visnu and also various other incarnations of Visnu. Only until 2000 years before, there was so much inter-planetary travel going on. So the devatas as well as Lord Visnu were travelling back and forth in their respective animal/bird carriers. There was no speculations and moreover everything is recorded in Puranas as well as Vedas.

Guest guest

Chapter 4. Transcendental Knowledge

TEXT 1

sri-bhagavan uvaca

imam vivasvate yogam

proktavan aham avyayam

vivasvan manave praha

manur iksvakave 'bravit

SYNONYMS

sri-bhagavan uvaca--the Supreme Personality of Godhead said; imam--this; vivasvate--unto the sun-god; yogam--the science of one's relationship to the Supreme; proktavan--instructed; aham--I; avyayam--imperishable; vivasvan--Vivasvan (the sun-god's name); manave--unto the father of mankind (of the name Vaivasvata); praha--told; manuh--the father of mankind; iksvakave--unto King Iksvaku; abravit--said.

TRANSLATION

The Blessed Lord said: I instructed this imperishable science of yoga to the sun-god, Vivasvan, and Vivasvan instructed it to Manu, the father of mankind, and Manu in turn instructed it to Iksvaku.

from the purport:

"In the Mahabharata (Santi-parva 348.51-52) we can trace out the history of the Gita as follows:

treta-yugadau ca tato vivasvan manave dadau

manus ca loka-bhrty-artham sutayeksvakave dadau

iksvakuna ca kathito vyapya lokan avasthitah

"In the beginning of the Treta-yuga [millennium] this science of the relationship with the Supreme was delivered by Vivasvan to Manu. Manu, being the father of mankind, gave it to his son Maharaja Iksvaku, the king of this earth planet and forefather of the Raghu dynasty in which Lord Ramacandra appeared." Therefore, Bhagavad-gita existed in the human society from the time of Maharaja Iksvaku.

At the present moment we have just passed through five thousand years of the Kali-yuga, which lasts 432,000 years. Before this there was the Dvapara-yuga (800,000 years), and before that there was Treta-yuga (1,200,000 years). Thus, some 2,005,000 years ago, Manu spoke the Bhagavad-gita to his disciple and son Maharaja Iksvaku, the king of this planet earth. The age of the current Manu is calculated to last some 305,300,000 years, of which 120,400,000 have passed. Accepting that before the birth of Manu, the Gita was spoken by the Lord to His disciple, the sun-god Vivasvan, a rough estimate is that the Gita was spoken at least 120,400,000 years ago; and in human society it has been extant for two million years........"

------

so krsna is eternally giving the bhagavad gita to the mankind, so krsna is eternally worshiped

----

Chapter 4. Transcendental Knowledge

TEXT 7

yada yada hi dharmasya

glanir bhavati bharata

abhyutthanam adharmasya

tadatmanam srjamy aham

SYNONYMS

yada--whenever; yada--wherever; hi--certainly; dharmasya--of religion; glanih--discrepancies; bhavati--manifested, becomes; bharata--O descendant of Bharata; abhyutthanam--predominance; adharmasya--of irreligion; tada--at that time; atmanam--self; srjami--manifest; aham--I.

TRANSLATION

Whenever and wherever there is a decline in religious practice, O descendant of Bharata, and a predominant rise of irreligion--at that time I descend Myself.

----

krsna says : "i descend myself"

Guest guest

if you want to find out about Vishnu just ask Him directly, meditate on Him and ask Him for understanding, the entire world descends from Vedic culture, but todays Vedic culture is practically dead and certainly not what is was originally, remember that Bharat was once the entire world not just India, but that is why Kalki in here, i know everyone thinks He isn't, but He is, i'm not going to name names and make controversy because it doesn't really matter if you follow Kalki, Krishna, Jesus etc. but if you call to Kalki you will see that He is here, if you have faith in the response you get...........

Guest guest

"i know everyone thinks He isn't"

people is more serious than you are, if someone comes 425000 years before claiming to be kalki, intelligent people has some suspect

remember faith is inportant, but also intelligence is