IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

krishna names?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

i have seen many names like ganesh govinda kanea and things like that. are they all the many differnt names of krishna or are they some of the resurectionsor are they differnt gods? thanks for the help hare krishna

Guest guest

all sanscrit names you read are not names of krsna, the supreme personality of godhead, sometimes are names of gods and goddesses

for example ganesh is not krsna

so if you are curious of the meaning of a particular name, ask in this forum and someone will easily explain to you

Guest guest

in bhagvad gita as it is it says kanea instead of krishna. and someone said something about govinda. are they names of krishna?

Guest guest

There could be two things: One is word is kannaihyaa or kaanhaa which were His names used by closest friends and His parents for young Krishna. The other more likely one is that in roman Krishna is written as Krsna with dots below, which renders as kanea in some fonts i have seen.

Guest guest

1]i want the differnet names of krishna which the letter starts with "k".

2]whats the meaning of name"karthikeya"?and whether this is also one of the names of krishna????

waiting for your replies............thanks in advance...

Guest guest

1]i want the differnet names of krishna which the letter starts with "k".

2]whats the meaning of name"karthikeya"?and whether this is also one of the names of krishna????

waiting for your replies............thanks in advance...

note:my mail id is:dasnalla@hotmail.com

I think Karttikeya is the name of a specific demigod ( not of Krishna ) .

This Karttikeya seems to be related to military activity and Shiva , if my memory is not failing me ...

If you look for another name of Krishna starting with K , maybe you will find something including " Kishor " .( not sure though ...)

Guest guest

Kishore is name of Krishna yes, that is my husbands devotional name also /images/graemlins/smile.gif

other names fopr Krishna with K:

Kadamba Kanana

Kanaiya

Karunesh

Keshava (roughly translates "has curly hair")

Kishan

Krishna Keshava

Krsna has unlimited names so there must be more!!!

Guest guest

PAMHO.

Krishna has 5 other names starting with the letter K: Kamalnath - The Lord Of Goddess Lakshmi, Kamalnayan - The Lord With Lotus Shaped Eyes, Kamsantak - Slayer Of Kamsa, Kanjalochana - The Lotus-Eyed God, Keshava - One Who Has Long, Black Matted Locks

For the a list of the 108 names and their meanings you can visit http://astrology.aryabhatt.com/108_Names_Krishna.asp

As for the meanig of Kartikeya, He is the second son of Lord Shiva, and Goddess Parvati is also known as Subramaniam, Skanda, Guha, Shadannana or Sanmukha (because he has six faces.

I hope this was of help.

Radhe! Radhe!