IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Reiki healing

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Jaya Srila Prabhupada!

Is it ok for devotees to do Reiki healing please ? Reiki healing is a spiritual healing, and so could only work due to the mercy of the Lord Krishna ? I am very ignorant of vedic knowledge and wonder if anything is mentioned about healing by laying on of hands. Lord Jesus and Lord Buddha both performed healing, but were obviously incomparibly powerful healers compared to ordinary mortals. Would chanting the mahamantra and praying be equally effective at healing ? I have found when doing Reiki healing that the healing feels stronger when I quietly chant the mahamanta.

Please forgive my ignorance and any offence.

Although Reiki is generally associated with Japan, to follow its roots back to its source, you will find that it is from the Vedic culture.

click here for a site of wonderfull things/links to Pure Knowledge by Stephen Knapp

Use a search and read what "stepen knapp" has dug up on the subject, Stephen Knapp is a devotee who is also like an archeoligist of Vedic culture. He is the one who gave me the knowledge of how Reiki is ultimately from the Vedic Lands=India

Guest guest

Hare Krishna !

My humble thanks for all your responses - you have set my mind at rest. Thank you for the website link - it is a great site !

My humble obeisances to all devotees !

Guest guest

WOW I have been thru much of this, and I think I've come out the other end. /images/graemlins/smile.gif Read my conclusions and if you like, join my "Krishna's Distance Healing" egroup. Yes, I created one for a variety of reasons, but lets face it, lots of devotees have gotten into reiki. So lets dovetail it and use it to serve the devotees who send in healng requests. Than they can serve better. Anyway, here are my links on the topic:

This site gives info on it:

http://www.geocities.com/priitaa/distant_healing.htm

This is my egroup:

Krishnas_Distance_Healers

Jai Prabhupada! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

YS,

PRtha dd

Guest guest

i have read many of your sites before and i have tried to thank you before, but i was reading one of the pages you made called krishna and christ and after being a pure christian for a long time this showed me the way of krishna through jesus. i thank you for this and offer my humble gratitudes unto you.

hare krishna

Guest guest

Hare Krishna!

Dear Priitaa, Many thanks for your response, your websites are really great.

I am only a Reiki 1 at the moment (and not even an initiated devotee), and so not able to do distance healing yet. I would like to do Reiki 2 at some point, and would love to be able to help then.

One thing that has always bothered me about Reiki is the way Reiki teachers always stress the importance of being paid for any healing you do. I would rather heal for free to help relieve someones suffering, than let them keep suffering.

What do you feel about this ?

My humble obeisances Priitaa - you are are a wonderful devotee! Jaya Srila Prabhupada!

Guest guest

i have read many of your sites before and i have tried to thank you before, but i was reading one of the pages you made called krishna and christ and after being a pure christian for a long time this showed me the way of krishna through jesus. i thank you for this and offer my humble gratitudes unto you.

hare krishna

Thank you and I am glad to be of service.

Actually my comp broke so I had no idea there were posts here to me. Sorry for the delayed reply.

In any case, yes Christ and Krishna, Muhammad and Krishna, all saints and pure devotees that are genuine, were sent by Krishna. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

YS,

Prtha dd

Guest guest

Hare Krishna!

Dear Priitaa, Many thanks for your response, your websites are really great.

I am only a Reiki 1 at the moment (and not even an initiated devotee), and so not able to do distance healing yet. I would like to do Reiki 2 at some point, and would love to be able to help then.

One thing that has always bothered me about Reiki is the way Reiki teachers always stress the importance of being paid for any healing you do. I would rather heal for free to help relieve someones suffering, than let them keep suffering.

What do you feel about this ?

My humble obeisances Priitaa - you are are a wonderful devotee! Jaya Srila Prabhupada!

Haribol!

As I just touched on above, due to a comp crash, etc., I only just now saw these replies.

I have similar feelings about reiki and payment. I did not like that at all. But Reiki tries to claim a market on energy healing or that its superior to others, which simply is not the case. Sure, I went to masters level, but really do not feel a lot of the stuff they make one learn is necessary. With research I found out even the symbols were not part of 'original' reiki. They were later incorporated by Usui and only for the soldiers or those who were dense and had a hard time with the concept of 'energy.'

Matter of fact, in the west much of what goes on in the name of reiki is more of a business. Don't buy into the hype that reiki is special or others are inferior. Really, energy healing is very easy to learn and most all cultures have. My personal believe is that its roots are India where prana was used by yogis to do all sorts of things from walk on water to touching the moon or healing. Hey, I have a "free" course in the files section of my group, link in an above post. /images/graemlins/smile.gif (Couldn't help myself.)

Must run. Wishing you well.

YS,

Prtha dd

Haribol Priitaa,

Thank you again. In the intervening time since my last msg on this subject I took a Reiki 2 initiation, but as you say I think I have become a victim of a money making business..

I shall take a look at your websites when I get chance and am interested in your healing group, as I have not really used my Reiki since my 2nd level initiation, partially due to lack of confidence, not liking the demanding payment business, and generally not having much time, as most of my spare time has been spent reading KC scriptures and chanting over the last year.

I am still quite new to KC, only having being into it for about 18 months now, but from what I have read and understood I think the most important thing anyone can do fot the suffering of the living entities is trying to spread Krishna Conciousness around.

Reiki/Energy healing may help remove some discomfort and perhaps kick-start the patients interest in spiritual matters, but the real solution to suffering is to take to God Conciousness, and if we are fortunate enough, take to devotional service, and concern ourselves with serving Krishna in some way, and be less concerned about the 'self' and the aches and pains of the temporary material body.

Perhaps one could offer Reiki healing, but as a technique for getting ones 'foot in the door' and as well as doing healing then give the patient some KC literature and advice, unless that seems a little dishonest..?

Hare Krishna and AGSTP!

Mark