IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Max

The study of Krishna Consciousness

Rate this topic

Hi, I'm new and I was hoping that I could talk about some things with some people here. I guess I'll give some background to start with. I didn't know anything about any Indian religions until a couple years ago when I had a world religions class in school. Of all the religions covered I found that Hinduism was by far the most interesting. It seems rather exotic to me at the time, and the thoughts of reincarnation was scary/exciting to a lot of people in the room. I've never been comfortable with saying "I'm this religion" or "I'm that religion" because I feel it takes away some personal part of everyones individual connection with the spiritual world. Also if I were forced to call myself something at this point in my life, it would be an Odinist. But I'm a pretty open minded person and while wearing Mjollnir around my neck I've found myself really interested in the Krishna religion. I read things online and stuff, but eventually I actually went to the library and took out the Bhagavad-Gita. What I was really wondering here is, how are peoples attitudes about "freelance" people who just study the religion and don't necessarily practice it?

Since i too am a "forest dweller" i thought to reply....

I think your approach is very good, to study Krishna Consciousness. The practice is very easy, just Chant the Hare Krishna Maha Mantra, Krishna Dances on your tongue!

I was a forest dweller and also got the Bhagavad-gita, mine was the "As It Is" version from before 1980. It changed my life and gave me understanding of the world and how it works. Ofcourse these things are very hard to understand but the study of Krishna Consciousness is the Practice too.

Cool.. As it is" .Krishna dances in within every jiva i say too. ..In within every planet, every posibility in the cosmos in planets when, I do rich the Krsna knowledge When Prabhu`. swami teaches the rippened fruits -as it is- of knowledge translating though i realize that, there maight be in this even planets in where the cows are sustaning while there its brests droping may see as too taken as a bay-product of chewingrass like so in the cosmos, near the Kalpa trees forests again, the tree of desires. and there in the VEDAS with the injunctions then, is all said about all thing in this very planets is i think in this same planet earth. Imagine though krisna conscious Atmas can do this Kind of real trip. and is not Joking nor despresiating the light though about so the Veda, i do remember the greatest thing about the VEDA is without dwality, and that is teached to Arjun - this is the non dwality sphere. and there the veda is like so all the keys to the Cosmos manifestation order. That i think makes us aware of the unmafifested reality being us on the material sphere.

Ohh.. is because al other religions and Dharmas , Dharma.. Dharma comes from Bharat - India. and then Dwality and other religions get spreden in this earth, merged within the dwal-"material" form as to free poeples - is the main teaching of the Dharma.

Is great to see further when is somebody/one Krsna conciouss the sphere in where anyone and me also am aware of the importance to know further about and also taking acount the teaching so taken from prabhupada as preach in those other levels of conciouss and in the cosmos in within now the Bhagavatam, shrimat Bhagavataam. That is such a key and to krisna conciouss people the same.

and where there is the practice there is also the Joy.Ç

In a personal sense. I know Prajapati is even greater !

* JO PANA THAT WHO PA LIYA

Have Funn.. and ad never Fall !

in Baaghavaad Guiitaa, as it is, in said purport by his own grace Goswami Prabhupada has been said so much in so simple way.. and by the way - what is that - you said something

" Mjollnir around my neck " about studing also.

Chapter 3. Karma-yoga

TEXT 10

saha-yajnah prajah srstva

purovaca prajapatih

anena prasavisyadhvam

esa vo 'stv ista-kama-dhuk

SYNONYMS

saha--along with; yajnah--sacrifices; prajah--generations; srstva--creating; pura--anciently; uvaca--said; praja-patih--the Lord of creatures; anena--by this; prasavisyadhvam--be more and more prosperous; esah--certainly; vah--your; astu--let it be; ista--all desirable; kama-dhuk--bestower.

TRANSLATION

In the beginning of creation, the Lord of all creatures sent forth generations of men and demigods, along with sacrifices for Visnu, and blessed them by saying, "Be thou happy by this yajna [sacrifice] because its performance will bestow upon you all desirable things."

PURPORT

The material creation by the Lord of creatures (Visnu) is a chance offered to the conditioned souls to come back home--back to Godhead. All living entities within the material creation are conditioned by material nature because of their forgetfulness of their relationship to Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead. The Vedic principles are to help us understand this eternal relation, as it is stated in the Bhagavad-gita: vedais ca sarvair aham eva vedyah. The Lord says that the purpose of the Vedas is to understand Him. In the Vedic hymns it is said: patim visvasyatmesvaram. Therefore, the Lord of the living entities is the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Visnu. In the Srimad-Bhagavatam also Srila Sukadeva Gosvami describes the Lord as pati in so many ways:

sriyah patir yajna-patih praja-patir

dhiyam patir loka-patir dhara-patih

patir gatis candhaka-vrsni-satvatam

prasidatam me bhagavan satam patih

(Bhag. 2.4.20)

The praja-pati is Lord Visnu, and He is the Lord of all living creatures, all worlds, and all beauties, and the protector of everyone. The Lord created this material world for the conditioned souls to learn how to perform yajnas (sacrifice) for the satisfaction of Visnu, so that while in the material world they can live very comfortably without anxiety. Then after finishing the present material body, they can enter into the kingdom of God. That is the whole program for the conditioned soul. By performance of yajna, the conditioned souls gradually become Krsna conscious and become godly in all respects. In the Age of Kali, the sankirtana-yajna (the chanting of the names of God) is recommended by the Vedic scriptures, and this transcendental system was introduced by Lord Caitanya for the deliverance of all men in this age. Sankirtana-yajna and Krsna consciousness go well together. Lord Krsna in His devotional form (as Lord Caitanya) is mentioned in the Srimad-Bhagavatam as follows, with special reference to the sankirtana-yajna:

krsna-varnam tvisakrsnam sangopangastra-parsadam

yajnaih sankirtana-prayair yajanti hi su-medhasah

"In this Age of Kali, people who are endowed with sufficient intelligence will worship the Lord, who is accompanied by His associates, by performance of sankirtana-yajna." (Bhag. 11.5.32) Other yajnas prescribed in the Vedic literatures are not easy to perform in this Age of Kali, but the sankirtana-yajna is easy and sublime for all purposes.

Easy and sublime... !