IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

can i change my diksa guru

Rate this topic

Guest guest

once i get initiated and find out that i made a mistake can i change my guru? what if i find out that another guru is the ideal one for me because of his nature etc. is it possible to get initiated again with another guru?

Guest guest

once i get initiated and find out that i made a mistake can i change my guru?

••are you sure that your guru is not a real guru? if you are sure that he's a cheater you have to reject him

what if i find out that another guru is the ideal one for me because of his nature etc. is it possible to get initiated again with another guru?

••there's no question of nature and taste.. if your guru is a real guru you have to follow him otherwise you go to hell. if you think that he's not a real guru and if you find a guru who agrees with you about your previous one, he will give the initiation

or

you can be initiated only if you are not already initiated

Guest guest

the burden is on the 2nd initiating guru. the one who initiates (2nd time) should know otherwise, so mostly in this scenario, the guru who initiates the 2nd time is the one who is not real.

"unless otherwise, once initiated, your guru is not just for this life time but next. you don't go in a store shopping for a spiritual teacher & guide, it should have been the paramatma that had showed a the disciple when he/she got initiated the 1st time"

this is the very basics of spiritual rules...

Guest guest

this basic spiritual rule shows the tenet that just like divorce or abortion if tolerated always gets abused.

look at the people in America, they get into something knowing that they could always get out. Try this if not sent it back. Have sex and if results in pregnancy, then no problema, just get it aborted.

Choosing a guru is a very special lifetime comittment, its not like shopping where you can returned back the item.

Guru is never discarted, replace, appointed, elected, endorsed since one's guru is the connection, one's silver tread to the Supreme Person.

If one listen carefully to the teacher, consulted scriptures and pprayed to the Lord in the Heart and was initiated by one's guru, then it would be a mad elephant offense to discard and seek another spiritual guide.

Guest guest

but if one realizes that his guru is not bonafide, then he can reject him and seek for a realized guru, at least that is my opinion.

Guest guest

of course... having a not bonafide guru is the same of not having a guru

so one has to find a real guru

there's not rejection, simply we recognize that he's not a guru

Guest guest

So no fear of going to hell then... there are so many unqualified gurus around. And also some unqualified devotees that claim some bogus gurus are qualified, when you can see that like the nose in the middle of the face (french expression, don't know if it's the same in english /images/graemlins/wink.gif )

Peace

Guest guest

he chants hare krsna and go on with his service

(if we are in this material world we are all fallen.. so these are not big news)

Guest guest

There are sastric guidelines for when it is appropriate to take a new guru and reject the old one. But it is very strict. For the most part it is in bad taste.

However, there are NO guidelines to how many siksa gurus one can have. For many Gaudiya Practitioners the siksa guru has been just as prominent if not more prominent an expression of divinity then the diksa guru. So the diksa guru is one, the siksa guru can be many. We see this in the opening stanza of Chaitanya Caritamrta; "Vande gurun...". Krsnadas Kaviraja is trying to inform us of a plurality of gurus. Take shelter of a siksa guru with all your heart and soul. If the diksa guru cannot accept this then maybe there is a problem with him/her. Their desire should be that you are inspired. If you are not then they should be pleased to see you get inspiration elsewhere.

on reinitiation issues you can do a search in my guru's SANGA Q&A website. He mentions this many times. please go to www.swami.org and search for this topic.

Guest guest

Haribol:

You must be really sure that He is ur Guru, the relationship is eternal He is our master this life and the next one. So having a GURU is not something like fashion, is a serious responsability. Once his disciples said to Prabhupada: "When you left this boby what would happen, do we have to have another GURU? and Prabhupada started to CRY and says: "For me my GURUDEVA WAS AND IS EVERTHING" he was really BLue...... SO with this he says that our RELATIONSHIP IS ETERNAL BIRTH AFTER BIRTH,please think about it.That will be a great offense onto the lotus feet of your GURUMAHARAJ

HAribol,

Candramukhi dd

Guest guest

No man is higher than other man.

NOTHING and NOBODY in man's body is higher or lower than another man/woman.

If you are able to think and to take responsibilites, you can't be fooled and allow anyone or anything to claim that he is higher than you.

You are the part of EVERYTHING and nothing is more or less important than you.

If you are afraid to think than go on - sell your soul.

Guest guest

No man is higher than other man.

so why you speak? if you are giving advices and opinion you are admitting that you know something more than others and you want to teach it

so you feel yourself higher

Guest guest

>if you are giving advices and opinion you are admitting >that you know something more than others and you want to >teach it

>

>so you feel yourself higher

No. I feel myself different. As you are.

We are all unique, all special in some way. Someone can jump higher, someone can heal, someone knows more, but we are all of equal importance for the existence of everything. We are all part of ONE. Not only the people and not only the living beings.

Have respect toward everything, you are part of that too.

Guest guest

Someone can jump higher, someone can heal, someone knows more

--so who knows more teachs

but we are all of equal importance for the existence of everything

--yes masters are important, disciples are important

We are all part of ONE

--and the ONE contains also variety.. who can teach, who can learn

Not only the people and not only the living beings.

--the one is living, so all the parts of the ONE are lifes

Have respect toward everything

--also to the real masters... or be coherent and abstain to teach others

simple [:)]

Guest guest

just ask this question for the new guru on view and he will say yes...if you are not happy with the actual guru, like a spouse with the other, why stay attached against your will???it's like a divorce, but be sure to make the good last choice for the second time.

Guest guest

So the Supersoul guides you into association, why can't He also guide you away from it? This world is screwed up in Kali and I was always told that the only way to salvation was by chanting, not initiation, not braman threads nor veganism, nor being averse to sin. Those things help but my point is that I was initiated by a man I hardly spoke to beforehand and have hardly spoken to since and I can't so well even to try because of our different lifestyles and environmental conditioning etc. I can't open myself no him in one way because he's jewish and I have grown to fear that in anyone based on what they did to Germany before during and after the 1st and 2nd world wars and what was done to Russia under Bolshevism.

It only seems likely that, yes the Supersoul led us together, but as far as being initiated by him, even if he is bona fide, I won't know what purpose it had for me until I find a "better" guru and although I'm unconsciously searching intensely, all I have found so far are group fellowship and spiritual friends.

I'm going alone right now as it is, so why was I initiated if I hadn't already developed a relationship with the man? Initiation isn't just a ceremony. It's a bond-building experience, something my faults prevented me from acheiving and something that should have been seen and understood, in my mind, by a spiritual teacher.

Guest guest

We can say diksa is like marriage. Fine. But what if a child gets married who does not even understand what the commitment was, or who that person being committed to is? Nowadays, there are too many initiations with almost no knowledge of who the guru is and what diksa really means.

Guest guest

no one is really conscious of initiation when he receives it.

Initiation means "to start", a neophite has mostly material reasons to accept the practice of krsna consciousness or simply he receives the unconditionated mercy of krsna and vaishnavas

so only a completely realized soul can really understand the meaning of surrendering to krsna and to the spiritual master

to give or not initiation is a guru's business.. he is a completely realized soul, he has the complete vision of the truth, so he knows better than us and the disciple when he has to give initiation and when he has to refuse it

to criticize one saying that he does not deserve the initiation it is also critcizing the decision of the uttama vaishnava who has offered his shelter to the initiated.. who has initiation, he has it because krsna gave it to him