IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Are women aloud to wear tilak on the forehead and to mark the body with tilak?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Haribol,

I'm pretty new to Krishna Consciousness and i wonder why i did never seen women wearing tilak.

Guest guest

Haribol,

See, I'm pretty new to Krishna Consciousness and i never have visited a temple because its to far from where i live.

I tried to figure out via the internet because i wanted to know an answer on this questions, but i didnt find any articles wherin especialy was stated that women may wear tilak.

Thank you for you reply.

Guest guest

" i didnt find any articles wherin especialy was stated that women may wear tilak."

thats because there is no problem for women to wear tilak. Most vaisnava practices are the same for men & women.

ys,

Nanda Sunu das

Guest guest

Yes, women are allowed to wear Tilak on the forehead. I've seen many of them do that. As regards marking the body with Tilak, not sure if that's a practice that women follow.

Haribol,

I'm pretty new to Krishna Consciousness and i wonder why i did never seen women wearing tilak.

Yes, women are allowed to wear Tilak on the forehead. I've seen many of them do that. As regards marking the body with Tilak, not sure if that's a practice that women follow.

Yes, I have seen many women including my wife wear tilak on 12 parts of the body. Since this shows devotion towards lord, everybody who perform pooja should do this! Here no question of not wearing tilaka properly.