IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Is the mantra useless?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Everyone wants the easy way. Just chant the mantra and all will be taken care of. Wrong,wrong,wrong!People want to hear that it is easy. Just do this one thing and all else will follow. Nope. It will never happen. It would be nice.

No disciplines mean no disciple. Follow the principles along with the chanting and you will have your cake and be able to eat it too.

Nothing is free and easy. Never has been and never will be. Trust me, if you eat meat,have lots of illicit sex, gamble and get drunk and stoned,even if you chant, you will make no progress.

Cheaters like to make it seem easy because there are diciplines they don't want to or will not do. Follow the recipe. It's a good one and the baker was excellent. Hare Krishna

Guest guest

I'm not saying not to chant the mantra. By all means that is the most important. But just as when you plant a seed, you need to try to give it the best enviornment in which to grow. You can take the purest seed in the world and put it terrible soil with, no water and no sun and it will not grow. Now read this very carefully. This is a very simple concept. However, if you give it great soil, much pure water, and plenty of sun, you will get a beautiful flower.

All the principles and guidelines for behavior are the proper enviornment for the mantra seed to grow. We must offer Krishna the best soil. We are always to try to give Krishna the best.

You don't seem to understand what the questioner was saying. He stated that he was chanting very faithfully and was not satisfied with his progress. All I'm saying is give the seed the proper conditions, according to our master gardener, and watch the flower bloom.

Don't listen to the cheaters. Give it your best effort and take care of your garden. Give it the Miraclegrow treatment.

Hare Krishna

Guest guest

Remember the questioner is having trouble attaining Krishna without deviation.

Bhagavad Gita-Chapter 12 verse 9:My dear Arjuna, O winner of wealth, if you cannot fix your mind upon Me with out deviation, then follow the regulative principles of Bhakti-yoga. In this way develop a desire to attain Me.

His Divine Grace in his purport stated that this verse speaks of two different processes. The first for the one who actually developed an attachment for Krishna,by transcendental love. And the other is for one who has not developed an attachment for Krishna by transcendental love.

His Divine Grace states," For this second class there are different prescribed rules and regulations one can follow to be ultimately elevated to the stage of attachment to Krishna." There are many more things stated in the purport. In the end of the purport swamji states, "This practice(of the regulative principles) can help anyone rise to the level of love of God, and then he is sure of his progress into the spiritual kingdom of God. This practice of Bhakti-Yoga, under the rules and regulations, with the direction of a spiritual master, will surely bring one to the stage of love of God." Hari Bol

Guest guest

Everyone wants the easy way.

•••it is easy: "chant hare krishna and be happy"... we do not go in harinama samkirtana in the street proposing regulations, we go chanting the mahamantra. Everyone can hear and chant, where's the difficulty? Why mahamantra, krsna has to be only for some kind of people? Also who wants the easy way is part and parcel of sri krsna bhagavan

Just chant the mantra and all will be taken care of.

••of course, mahamantra is the religion of this era.. he does everything, all comes from him. If i chant sincerely mahamantra, who is krishna, will manifest himself as the visible manifestation of the chatya guru that is the uttama vaishnava spiritual master. And everything will come harmoniously.. acceptation of the spiritual world and renunciation to the material world.. no separated effort is required

People want to hear that it is easy

••some people like you want to hear it difficult, but it is not.. everything simply start from mahamantra and goes on with mahamantra. Prabhupada went on Tompkins Square Park N.Y., started chanting, and everything followed

Just do this one thing and all else will follow. Nope. It will never happen. It would be nice.

•••have'nt you any faith in mahamantra?

No disciplines mean no disciple

•••the discipline is "man-mana bhava mad-bhakto, mad-yaji mam namaskuru, mam evaisyasi yuktvaivam, atmanam mat-parayanah : "Engage your mind always in thinking of Me, offer obeisances and worship Me. Being completely absorbed in Me, surely you will come to Me.... and chanting hare krishna is thinking of krishna, nothing else is required

Follow the principles along with the chanting and you will have your cake and be able to eat it too.

•••there's not two parallele religions, the one of the principles and the one of the mahamantra. The religion is mahamantra, chanting sincerely is asking service so krsna will come to be served in the person of spiritual master, and practising mahamantra we will have the mercy to be liberated by material contamination, You can follow principles only if krsna take control of your mind instead of maya. If you are able only to repress, the problems will come back making a bigger damage.. see all the fallen "sannyasis"... repression... and the problems come out even after many years of practice.

Nothing is free and easy

•••no one has charged me anything for mahamantra if not that i have to chant it as more as i can

Trust me, if you eat meat,have lots of illicit sex, gamble and get drunk and stoned,even if you chant, you will make no progress

••the opposite.. if you chant the mahamantra sincerely very soon krsna gives to you the freedom from material problems and bad behaviours. if you do not chant, or if you do not chant sincerely and you repress only, the problems will come back.... multiplied

Cheaters like to make it seem easy because there are diciplines they don't want to or will not do

•••and repressed people want to make it difficult because they suffer and they're envious of the ones who are happy

Follow the recipe

••yes: "Chant Hare krishna and be happy!!"

I'm not saying not to chant the mantra. By all means that is the most important.

••it is not the most important, mahamantra is the religion of this age, there's nothing else

However, if you give it great soil, much pure water, and plenty of sun, you will get a beautiful flower.

•••all these things are the mahamantra, it is mahamantra who sustain himself, not we that sustain mahamantra

All the principles and guidelines for behavior are the proper enviornment for the mantra seed to grow

•••the principles are essential, but they are a consequence of the mahamantra, of the god's mercy, not the opposite.

You don't seem to understand what the questioner was saying. He stated that he was chanting very faithfully and was not satisfied with his progress.

•••and the solution is to chant more and being more attentive, not that there's a rule to follow some yogic postures.. everyone will find his own way to do it.

again.. mahamantra is for everyone, mahamantra gives the liberation from bad behaviours.. not the opposite.

Guest guest

just chant...but try and create the best conditions for attentive chanting...how can anybody argue against that? It's the least effort we can make when Krsna provides us with everything else...

yes, i see your point that yogic postures didn't work for you...does that mean you discourage everybody from even trying it? That is dangerous if by putting them off even trying it their potential for chanting more attentively is interrupted...

Guest guest

again... yogic posture can work for me or cannot work, it is not the problem.. i am not in favor and i am not against..

simply it was shown as a necessary rule for chanting better mahamantra

and it is not true

i am very happy to discourage who put unnecessary rules on mahamantra chanting

Guest guest

yeah, i agree it isn't a rule, its a suggestion...

...(finally some common ground!!!)

Guest guest

advice or suggestion... better to be clear that mahamantra is not subjected to any rule

Guest guest

trhe maha-mantra is no controled by rule and regulation,also no depend of inisiation,also no depent of our undertending the maha-mantra is self efulgend and self independent,to know the realy glory of the maha-mantra only we need to chant all the time in any place ,mentaly or in harinam,i recomend to evryone read the boock for sr prabhupada sr namambrita here you can have a idea of the power of the maha-mantra bye chant more is no other way no other way chant chant chant the problem is we dont chant so much..bye

Funny thread, I was going to post a reply but before this I've just noticed that Nate posted this article and then Nate disappeared because there are no more replies under Nate's name. Maybe Nate is taking vacation somewhere having a very good time while some guests are posting replies in this topic, including myself, huh.

Funny thread, isn't it?

So for the guests in here and for Nate if returns to read the replies:

My opinion is NO, THE MANTRA IS NOT USELESS, ACTUALLY IS VERY VERY HELPFUL.

And that's all. Hare Krishna.

Guest guest

most initiated devotees will tell u to just concentrate on the sound vibration...

do not even think or visualise krsna - our perverted material image is not going to work...

it makes sense actually, the sound of the mantra is non-different from krsna and perfect, so that is all that is needed...

my personal experience:

i find it easier to chant when i try and visualise krsna, but i realised that that won't help me in long term so i stopped doing that...

yes, its harder to concentrate on just a sound vibration, but if mind strays then when u realise your mind strayed, just bring it back to the sound...

Guest guest

"as it is " just chant as best you can, why all his debate,

Lord Caitanya has delivered this chanting as divine method of being God conscious.... if you are chanting sincerely you will see benifit of change of consciousness....try it you may like it....the sublime path to perfection....

Hare Krsna Hare Krsna Krsna Krsna Hare Hare

Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare

Hare nama hare nama hare nama eva kevalam.....

Guest guest

what a bunch of idiotic replies

what is this forum, lunatic central?

Just listen to the song My Sweet Lord (George Harrison, Beatle) and chant with that.

It's easy, it works, don't read anymore stupid replies here.

Get off your computer and go chant and be happy.

Guest guest

Chanting the maha mantra is just like stirring a big pot of vegetables.

When you start out the pot looks kinda empty - then you start to stir - and UP come the vegetables from the bottom - the more you stir the more HEAVY vegetables start to rise.

This is exactly like chanting Maha Mantra

you start to chant soon the desires of your heart start to come up to the top.

You may suddenly find yourself thinking about things you never even thought conciously about before.. soon even bigger things start to come up!

Many people are fooled by this and believe that they are actually going BACKWARDS!.. but you can never going backwards in Krsna Conciousness - you just have to keep on stirring the pot - otherwise you'll burn the bottom!! :o

Srila PRabhupada says Krsna Conciousness is "simple for the simple"

keep it simple!!! Chant and be happy!

Guest guest

HARE KRISHNA HARE KRISHNA KRISHNA KRISHNA HARE HARE HARE RAMA HARE RAMA RAMA RAMA HARE HARE mantra means mind contol(TARA)Krishna appears via this transendental sound vibration Srila Rupa Gosvami never had formal iniation is his chanting not heard by Krishna?off course follow Srila Prabhupadas instructions & chant Krishna is the greatest GURU HARIBOLO!