IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

hiranyakasipu

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I heard something very interesting - apparently Hiranyakasipu was a devotee of Krishna just playing out a role of a demon, so that he could enjoy fighting with Krishna.

This is what I heard from Prabhupada quote himself.

Can someone explain any further?

And can someone also tell me if there are any other demons who were actually just devotees of the Lord helping Krishna or his incarnations to show the world His opulence?

Guest guest

if we have the tendence to fight, krsna has it in a supreme way

all the relationships are possible with krsna (otherwise they should not exist in the material worl) so there's devotees who like to express their love fighting with god... like brothers or friends who play wrestling togeter

the fact that is is a lila, and not real and deep hate, is demonstrated because who fights with krsna an obviously dies, he obtain spiritual realization, not hell or punishments

Guest guest

I am not sure about it but according to one story i heard years ago Hiranya kashipu,Ravana and Kansa were the same person who was devotee and servant of Vishnu....and because of some mistake he did he was suppose to take 3 births on earth and fight with avataras of Vishnu...and after that even he got MOKsa...means he was accepted again in Vishnuloka....If some one knows this story properly... please reply

Guest guest

Find a copy of Sister Nivedita's Cradle tales of Hinduism. She tells Prahlada's story as a classical children's story and then adds a commentary. The jist of it is that Hiranyakasipu angered Brahma, his punishment being to take incarnation. In deference to his high level of spiritual attainment he was given the choice of 3 incarnations as the embodiment of evil or 7 as the embodiment of good.

I believe his mistake was to wake a sleeping Brahma and that it was Vishnu who gave him the options.

Nivedita's book can be located ( among other places ) through any Ramakrishna-Vivekananda Center

I shared your post with a devotee brother of mine and he made this clarification...

Kamsa was not one of the three.

Jaya and Vijaya became Hiranyaksa and Hiranyakashipu, then

Kumbhakarna and Ravana, then Dantavakra and Sisupala. In Lord Caitanya's pastimes they were Jagai and Madhai.

Kamsa's previous birth was as the demon Kalanemi. After Mohini-murti cheated the demons out of their share of nectar, a great war broke out between the demons and the demigods. During this war Lord Vishnu appeared and killed Kalanemi, but Sukracarya brought him back to life. Vishnu killed Kalanemi again and sent him to the lower planetary system. Burning with hatred and envy of Vishnu and the

demigods, Kalanemi conspired with all his demoniac friends to take birth on earth as demons in order to challenge the demigods from there. Kalanemi took birth as Kamsa, and his friends took birth as Trnavarta, Kesi, Putana, Baka, etc.

Hare Krsna.

-Gopalapriya das