IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

mother earth

Rate this topic

Guest guest

haribol,is there anybody who can help me....I am student social Cultural Envirement. Now we are working and discussing about the nature and hehaviour of the people on earth, poising, massaconsuption. What did Krishna said about treating the earth, I understand ofcourse to live with a little material things and so on, but how I can convince my students that eating meat, driving car, and there uniniterest in earth is poissen for nature.

we have a debate next week, I want to be huble but also explain them why it is important ..to care about nature..

is there anybody who can help me

Guest guest

Hare Krishna,

I can describe the benefits of not eating meat:

1) economically, a vegetarian diet in the world would be able to feed 20bn people - hence ending world hunger.

2) healthwise, according to USA diet studies - 95% of heart disease can be avoided by a vegetarian diet. We get sufficient protein from a vege diet - in fact we receive 10 times as much protein as we need from a vege diet. A meat-eating diet provides 100 times as much protein that we need - and this extra protein weighs us down and makes us overweight.

3) spiritually, you suffer bad karma for every hair of an animal that dies - whilst eating vegetables is a fraction of that bad karma...

4) scientifically, humans have acid in their stomachs, and an intestinal length that is identical to herbivorous mammals...plus, we evolved from apes - herbivorous - hence we are actually naturally inclined to be vegetarians, not meat eaters

5) ethically, the adrenalin released by an animal when it is slaughtered is purposely kept in the meat because it creates a better taste - hence when u eat meat u are literally enjoying the fear of the animal just as it is slaughtered...

Haribol,

Nimesh

Haribol,

With reference to your point in the post above

4) scientifically, humans have acid in their stomachs, and an intestinal length that is identical to herbivorous mammals...plus, we evolved from apes - herbivorous - hence we are actually naturally inclined to be vegetarians, not meat eaters

Factually, according to the Vedic knowledge there is no evolution of species. All creatures and their forms etc. exist eternally but are manifested as required (by the Brahma of that universe). So all forms of species are manifest simultaneously. Or rather there is no evolution from one species to the other.

Hare Krishna

Dear friends,

The answer on what Krishna says about how to thread the earth is facilitated by mentioning that Mother Earth, Bhumi-devi or Gaia-devi, is one of the eternal wives of Lord Krishna Caitanya Mahaprabhu, known from the Caitanya lila, as Vishnupriya-devi.

All living beings should be threatened as everyone wants to be threatened by others, in love, in frienship, in sincerity, in honesty, in servitude, in gratitude.

In love,

Frodo