IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
ArvindakshDas

Bhagvad Gita

Rate this topic

Shri Shri Guru Gaurangau Jayatah !!!

Chatuh Shloka Gita: The Four Key Verses Of Srimad Bhagvad Gita, as highlighted by Srila Bhaktivinode Thakur

Chapter 10: Verses 8, 9, 10 & 11

Verse 8:

I am the source of all spiritual and material worlds. Everything emanates from Me. The wise who know this perfectly engage in My devotional service and worship Me with all their hearts

Verse 9:

The thoughts of My pure devotees dwell in Me, their lives are surrendered to Me, and they derive great satisfaction and bliss enlightening one another and conversing about Me.

Verse 10:

To those who are constantly devoted and worship Me with love, I give the understanding by which they can come to Me.

Verse 11:

Out of compassion for them, I, dwelling in their hearts, destroy with the shinning lamp of devotional knowledge the darkness born of ignorance.

Shri Shri Guru Gaurangau Jayatah !!!

How does one get entangled in the material world?

Verse 62 / Chapter 2

While contemplating the objects of the senses, a person develops attachment for them, and from such attachment lust develops, and from lust anger arises.

Verse 63 / Chapter 2

From anger, delusion arises, and from delusion bewilderment of memory. When memory is bewildered, intelligence is lost, and when intelligence is lost, one falls down again into the material world

Verse 37 / Chapter 3

The Blessed Lord said: it is lust only, Arjun, which is born of contact with the material modes of passion and later transformed into wrath, and which is the all-devouring, sinful enemy of this world.

Verse 38 / Chapter 3

As fire is covered with smoke, as a mirror is covered by dust, or as the embryo is covered by the womb, similarly, the living entity is covered by different degrees of this lust.

Verse 39 / Chapter 3

Thus, a man’s pure consciousness is covered by his eternal enemy in the form of lust, which is never satisfied and which burns like fire.

Verse 40 / Chapter 3

The senses, the mind and the intelligence are the sitting places of this lust, which veils the real knowledge of the living entity and bewilders him.

Guest guest

Sins committed by the mind are also sins .....

Verse 6 / Chapter 3

One who restrains the sense organs of action, but whose mind dwells on sense objects, certainly deludes himself and is called a pretender.

Verse 6 / Chapter 6

For him who has conquered the mind, the mind is the best of friends; but for one who has failed to do so, his very mind will be the greatest enemy.

Guest guest

Verse 18 from Chapter 5

One who is thoroughly gentle and full of real knowledge by virtue of which he sees with equal vision a brahman (learned devotee), a cow, an elephant, a dog and a dog-eater is a Pandita.

Guest guest

Faith

With Faith dumb start speaking and lame cross mountains ……

Shrimad Bhagvad Gita 6.47

And of all yogis, he who always abides in Me with great faith, worshipping Me in transcendental loving service, is most intimately united with Me in yoga and is the highest of all.

All of us have Faith, in one thing or the other …..

Shrimad Bhagvad Gita 17.3

According to one’s existence under the various modes of nature, one evolves a particular kind of faith. The living being is said to be of a particular faith according to the modes he has acquired.

Guest guest

A very happy Janamashtami to everyone. And with the grace of Shri shri Radha Govinda, may our desire for devotional service increase every moment.

Guest guest

Bhagavad Gita - The message is crystal clear …..

The Supreme Lord concludes the Shrimad Bhagvad Gita by advising Shri Arjuna:

Shrimad Bhagavad Gita 18.65

manmanA bhava mad-bhakto, mad-yaji mAm namaskuru

mAm evaisyasi satyam te, pratijAne priyoasi me

Always think of Me and become My devotee. Worship Me and offer your homage unto Me. Thus you will come to Me without fail. I promise you this because you are My very dear friend

Shrimad Bhagavad Gita 18.66

sarva-dharman parityajya, mAm ekam sharnam vraja

aham tvAm sarva-pApebhyo, mokshayishami mA shucha

Abandon all varieties of religion and just surrender unto Me. I shall deliver you from all sinful reaction. Do not fear.

Guest guest

Faith ...

Lord Shri Krishna’s pure devotional service can not be attained without Faith. Our intelligence and existence is infinitesimal and He is infinite in all aspects.

Shrimad Bhagavad Gita 9.3

Those who are faithless on the path of devotional service cannot attain Me, O conqueror of foes, but return to birth and death in this material world.

Shrimad Bhagavad Gita should be read with full faith and devoid of envy for Lord Shri Krishna or anyone for that matter.

Shrimad Bhagavad Gita 18.71

And one who listens with faith and without envy becomes free from sinful reaction and attains to the planets where the pious dwell.

Guest guest

Being "non-envious" is a very essential quality if one wants to proceed on the path of devotion.

Shrimad Bhagavad Gita 12.13&14

One who is "not envious" but who is a kind friend to all living entities, who does not think of himself a proprietor, who is free from false ego and equal both in happiness and distress, who is always satisfied and engaged in devotional service with determination and whose mind and intelligence are in agreement with Me - he is very dear to Me.

Shrimad Bhagavad Gita 16.1,2 &3

The Blessed Lord said: fearlessness, purification of one’s existence, cultivation of spiritual knowledge, charity, self-control, performance of sacrifice, study of scriptures, austerity and simplicity; non-violence, truthfulness, freedom from anger; renunciation, tranquility, aversion to fault finding, compassion and freedom from covetousness; gentleness, modesty and steady determination; vigour, forgiveness, fortitude, cleanliness, "freedom from envy and the passion for honour" - these transcendental qualities, O son of Bharata, belong to godly men endowed with divine nature.

Guest guest

One should not envy ....

Shrimad Bhagavad Gita 3.32

But those who, "out of envy", disregard these teachings and do not practice them regularly, are to be considered bereft of all knowledge, befooled, and doomed to ignorance and bondage.

Shrimad Bhagavad Gita 4.22

He who is satisfied with gain which comes of its own accord, who is free from duality and "does not envy", who is steady both in success and failure, is never entangled, although performing actions.

Guest guest

Pure devotion enters ones heart only when one is "non-envious"

Shrimad Bhagvad Gita 9.1

The Supreme Lord said: My dear Arjuna, because you are "never envious" of Me, I shall impart to you this most secret wisdom, knowing which you shall be relieved of the miseries of material existence (or that which is not auspicious).

Guest guest

Lord Shri Krishna does not envy anyone.

Shri Krishna Says:

Shrimad Bhagavad Gita 9.29

"I envy no one", nor am I partial to anyone. I am equal to all. But whoever renders service unto Me in devotion is my friend, and I am also a friend to him.

All the living beings on the planet earth including the practising and perfected devotees are in the constant and uninterrupted association of two great Vaishnavas / Siksha Gurus, the God of Air and Wind (Vayu deva) and the Sun God (Surya or VivasvAn deva). These two Vaishnavas or Mahabhagvats (exalted devotees) always remind us of a very important teaching or instruction (siksha). Both of them provide all living beings equally with air and sun light without discriminating between the good, not so good and evil living beings. Therefore their benediction is for everyone without any discrimination. No wonder they are exalted devotees of Shri Krishna.

Guest guest

Being envious hurls one into material existence……

Shrimad Bhagavad Gita 16.19

Those who are envious and mischievous, who are the lowest among men, are cast by Me into the ocean of material existence, into various demoniac species of life.

Guest guest

Slow and steady, gradual steps to attain pure devotion ……

Shrimad Bhagavad Gita 12.9

" (Know O Arjun, that pure devotion is the eternal function of a jiva soul, entirely devoted to Me. It requires constant practice to realise this)

However, if O Dhananjya, you can not concentrate on Me with a firm and steady mind, then seek to realise Me with abhyaasa yoga (practising devotion, which consists in the constant retraction of the mind from worldly affairs and its concentration on Me)."

Shrimad Bhagavad Gita 12.10

"Even if you can not apply thyself to abhyaasa yoga, then dedicate all your actions to Me. Do all actions (i.e. hear, chant, worship, greet, cleanse the temple, offer flowers, fruits and food) for My satisfaction. Then you shall surely gain perfection (i.e instead of being attached to the phenomenal and temporary but real world, your pure and steady mind will always be in the constant pure devotional service of Shri Hari, Gurudeva and Vaishnavas).

Guest guest

Shrimad Bhagavatam 1.2.17 ... like in Shrimad Bhagavad Gita Chapter 10 verse 10&11 (part of Chatuh Shaloki Gita or the Gita in four verses)

Shri Krishna, who is also the Parmatma [supersoul] in everyone's heart and the benefactor of the truthful devotee, cleanses desire for material enjoyment from the heart of the devotee who has developed the urge to hear His messages, which are in themselves virtuous when properly heard and chanted.