IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

O.J. Simpson gets Gita

Rate this topic

Guest guest

by Brghupati Dasa

This past Sunday Lord Caitanya used me as His instrument to deliver a very (in)famous person . . . former American Football star O.J. Simpson. I met him at the airport (LAX) [Los Angeles International Airport] with his son and daughter. The first time I tried to stop him he had already seen the books. After 20 minutes, he came by again with only his son and I decided to try again. I showed him a Bhagavad-gita and said "you haven't seen this one."

He stopped, looked at the book and, realizing that he hadn't seen it before starting looking at it with great curiousity. I told him that Mahatma Gandhi used to carry this book with him wherever he went throughout his entire life. I then directed him to look at the quote from Gandhi on the back cover.

He read the quote, then looked up and said, "So what is it, a donation?" I said yes. Then he said, "Just look at me. I don't have any money and I'm buying books."

After giving a donation he continued to walk down the concourse all the while looking at the Gita.

Your servant,

Brghupati Dasa (ACBSP)