IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Jayadwaita Maharaja Has Spoken Wisely

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I was disheartened to read Vipramukhya Swami's recent comments "FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE," as if there was some apparent urgency or special importance to his message. Rather, I found his comments unbecoming a devotee of his stature and position. Given the history of this unfortunate debacle over BBT copyrights, the last thing we need is more inflammatory rhetoric and continuing innuendo.

In sharp contrast, in his public statement on behalf of the BBTI, Jayadwaita Maharaja has offered deep apologies and called for unified efforts for spreading Krsna consciousness. Such a mood of compromise, reconciliation and understanding is what factually characterizes a genuine Vaisnava and such behavior is to be appreciated, praised and followed.

>From its very inception, this unfortunate case against Hansadutta was an anomaly and a travesty. Were not such court battles which pitted one devotee against another utterly an anathema to Srila Prabhupada? And especially when it would come at the cost of precious BBT funds? Can anyone doubt for a moment that Prabhupada would be extremely displeased by this manner of infighting? Furthermore, since this purported case was hopeless to begin with, what is the point in extending a war that is already lost? It makes no sense whatsoever.

Jayadwaita Maharaja has acted on behalf of the international BBT and in consultation with other senior ISKCON members, not unilaterally -- as Vipramukhya Swami seems to be speaking. Jayadwaita Maharaja has done the only honorable thing he could do. His conclusive remarks reflect a wise and judicious decision. We long to hear more such broad-minded statements: they are precisely the nectar we need to heal the wounds that presently cripple and divide us.

On the other hand, what can Vipramukhya Swami's hot words provide us with except with more fuel to polarize our differences and create further misunderstandings?

Shame, shame, Maharaja. Shame, shame.

"Now all my disciples must work combinedly and with cooperation to spread this Sankirtan Movement. If you cannot work together then my work is stopped up. Our Society is like one big family and our relationships should be based on love and trust. We must give up the fighting spirit and use our intelligence to push ahead." (Letter from Srila Prabhupada to Upendra Prabhu, dated 6 August 1970)

Respectfully, Srila dasa