IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Xena Airs In USA

Rate this topic

Guest guest

As Xena aired tonight on nationwide TV the first viewer reactions came into VNN:

"Only if someone thought that Krishna and Hanuman are dead could he or she deny that Krishna can still fulfill the plaintive cry of his devotee. Even though I am known to have a cold heart, I had tears in my eyes hearing Xena pray to Krishna to save her friends, as I was thinking how Srila Prabhupada must be so pleased to see that even "karmis" are producing quality Television shows in which Krishna is glorified as "The Supreme Personality of Godhood" [sic] and as "not like the other gods for He is in everyone's heart." It would be good to send letters of thanks to Renaissance Pictures and Universal Studios, for this one show did more positive "preaching" in one hour than I think preachers have done in the past few years. - Mrigendra das, Los Angeles, California"

The story:

An avatar named Eli is on earth to teach nonviolence. Because Eli is an avatar Indrajit must kill him. Xena meets Eli, and wants to protect him. Eli & Gabrielle are kidnapped by Indrajit. Hanuman teaches Xena how to pray to Krishna. Krishna appears to Xena and teaches Xena 'the way'. He tells Xena to fight since she is a warrior. Krishna disappears after He teaches Xena 'the way'. Indrajit starts torturing Gabrielle & Eli. He is about to kill Gabrielle. Xena confronts Indrajit for a fight. She throws a blade which cuts off Indrajit's hand. Then Indrajit grows 4 more arms out of his body. Takes a bunch of weapons and after fighting with Xena, chops off her arms. She looks like she is dead, then she prays "Krishnaaaa...". And receives the power to kill Indrajit.

Following is a key sequence in which Krishna instructs Xena about "The Way":

(Xena has doubts about being a warrior)

Xena: Well, it does not rank up there with the saints...

Krishna: Xena, you have seen what you are destined to be. In your next life you will walk the way of the saint. However you will never achieve that life if you don't follow the way you are on now.

Xena: The way of the warrior?

Krishna: Yes, you must not be hesitant to fight in a just cause. It is better to die following your own way than to live following someone else's. When you ride into combat, act without attachment and carry with you the confidence that you are fulfilling your calling in this life. Then you will know the way."