IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Mystic Perfections Vindicated, Easy Journey Revisited

Rate this topic

Guest guest

In the Puranas of India many marvelous and fantastic narrations appear describing wonderful but distant worlds, demigods, and even acts of sheer wizardry which generally go under the catch-all term of " mysticism." Often such descriptions seem to evoke some sort of denial in those who are followers of Vedic Dharma, and the same can be seen in those who practice Buddhism. The attachment of such followers can be seen in their adherence to the philosophical system or whichever religious practice which they choose to pull out of the Hindu hodge-podge, but they seem to draw the line at some point and deny the validity of the descriptions which they cannot fathom, ascribing them to analogy, myth or exagerration.

Of course, our lack of understanding does not determine the validity of the Puranic descriptions, just as the truths which men such as Columbus and Gallileo propounded did not depend on the understandings current at that time. As another example, it was pointed out in our article " Pyramids: Indicative of Vedic Civilization on Other Planets? " that many of the initial descriptions which the British deciphered when they first entered India, such as vimanas, guided weapons, voice-activated weapons, have now come to pass. So we shouldn't be very quick to dismiss descriptions just because they seem too utterly fantastic to be true. On the opposite side of the coin, we can ask ourselves that, if the mechanics of such acts of mysticism and wizardry can be explained, should not our denial then be confronted and our faith in the Vedic literature strengthened?

It is with these reflections in mind that we shall examine the mystic " siddhis " or perfections typically described in the Vedic literature, in the light of the soft particle physics propounded by Mr. Joseph H. Cater.

One perfection which we shall focus on is called prapti siddhi. This particular perfection refers to teletransportation- the invisible and immediate transference of one's body from one location to another, as well as the ability to extend one's hand and be able to reach anything from anywhere, even through solid matter. In modern times, a mystic from South India named Satya Sai Babba has exhibited this power very openly. Third-kind encounter witnesses attest to the phenomenon of passing through solid matter, such as walls. The Philadelphia Experiment, in which a U.S. Navy destroyer supposedly became invisible in Philadelphia and ended up a short time later in Newport News, Virginia, would also be an example of this mystic siddhi, even though brought about in a mechanical way.

Mr. Cater, in Chapter 25 of his book The Awesome Life Force, explains that the realisation that " different realms of matter may simultaneously occupy the same three-dimensional space " is a key to understanding this perfection called prapti. This occurs when the atoms and fundamental particles experience dematerialization, which is a prerequisite for teletransportation. He goes on to explain that dematerialized matter undergoes three significant changes in order to teleport:

" From the concepts and principles discussed so far, it is known that the following things happen to matter which has been dematerialized. First, its inertial properties have either vanished or all but vanished, since it can be transferred practically any distance in an infinitesimal length of time. Second, the atoms of the material or the fundamental particles thereof, can no longer generate a magnetic field when given velocity. Third, the electrostatic effects of the fundamental particles have vanished since, as mentioned before, it is the electrostatic field effects of the hard electrons and protons which make matter tangible. All this means the particles must have been rendered motionless, since it is through electrostatic forces that the particles of the atom move.

From the above considerations and the following analysis, it becomes apparent why collisions of particles of dematerialized matter never occur with those of normal materialized matter. Actual collisions of stable particles are actually difficult to promote.... This has been demonstrated by cloud chamber experiments. The powerful fields existing between them produce deflections before actual collisions occur. This even occurs with unlike charges. These considerations, combined with the tremendous separation of fundamental particles in proportion to their diameter, pushes the probability of direct collisions to near the vanishing point. This is even the case with experiments designed to produce collisions. This probability becomes even less when dematerialized matter interpenetrates solid matter.

A moving charge produces a magnetic vortex ahead of it, which is part of the magnetic field generated by the kinetic energy of the particle. The particles of dematerialized matter have no inertia and are automatically pushed out of the path of charges. Therefore, there is no chance for collisions.

If the conditions mentioned above were the only factors involved in teleportation, the correct spatial relationships of the atoms of the teleported object would be difficult, if not impossible, to maintain. This would usually result in a badly distorted aport. The logos who created matter no doubt foresaw this difficulty, hence every atom and molecule, and consequently every physical object, has what is known as an " ethereal double." This etheric double consists of higher frequency matter associated with ethers above those associated with hard electrons and protons. They are permanently attached to their physical counterparts by a process which will be referred to as the step-down principle.

The step down process involves the interlocking of high frequency matter with matter associated with ethers slightly lower than the higher frequency matter. The difference is not great enough to prevent a bond from existing between the two levels. This lower frequency matter is, in turn, bonded with still lower frequency matter. This process continues until a bond is made with physical matter. The higher frequency matter is connected with matter in the physical realm by this process. This same principle is involved in spirit communication with higher realms, discussed in more detail later.

The etheric double is attached to physical matter by this method and cannot generate a magnetic field during the teleportation process. The elimination of the inertial properties of physical matter automatically nullifies the inertia of its etheric double. Since the normal motion of the particles of the ethereal double and bonding matter has been, in effect, " frozen," this matter has also been dematerialized. It can therefore pass through matter of its own realm without interference. The particles of the matter of these various realms bonded together have a much better chance of maintaining their proper relationships than would particles of matter in only one realm being dematerialized. Even this does not insure the atoms of a teleported object will hold together under all conditions of teleportation. The improper or insufficient use of energies during the teleportation proess can result in a badly distorted aport. A case of this kind was described in Max Freedom Long's book entitled The Secret Sci-ence Behind Miracles. (79)

Although the conditions necessary for teleportation have been analyzed and explained, the process by which dematerialization occurs has yet to be fully explained.

The dematerializing energies consist of soft and harder electrons comprised of photons from the ultraviolet to the near gamma range.

A material body can be rendered invisible and intangible, visible but intangible, and invisible but tangible. The first state has already been discussed. The matter in the second case has been dematerialized, but soft electrons comprised of photons encompassing the visible range of light still permeate the material and thus reflect visible Iight. This was mentioned in Part III. The third case means that the soft electrons which make matter visible have been driven out. Ultraviolet light of the right frequencies will accomplish this. The energies which make matter invisible must be applied continuously, otherwise the matter will become visible again since the fundamental particles of matter continuously generate soft electrons." [ These different states call to mind the concept of the invisible man ]

Thus Mr. Cater explains how it is that, due to the influence of certain radiations which effect the electrostatic forces of the fundamental particles of matter, such fundamental forces can lose: their electrostatic charge, inertia, and magnetism, and interpenetrate the space occupied by other matter. This occurs from the level of gross matter on up to the ethereal plane.

Another well-known mystic siddhi is that of levitation. There is an illustrative narration from the tenth canto of the Bhagavat Purana about how Chitralekha, through her mysticism, was able to help her friend Usa to find the love of her heart. Chitralekha's mysticism invokes the idea of a magic carpet ride. I quote from the Krsna Book, by A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami, Prabhupada:

" Banasura had a very beautiful daughter, whose name was Usa. When she had attained the age of marriage and was sleeping amongst her many girl friends, she dreamt one night that Aniruddha was by her side and that she was enjoying a conjugal relationship with him, although she had never actually seen him nor heard of him before. She awoke from her dream exclaiming very loudly, ΠMy dear beloved, where are you? ΠBeing exposed to her other friends in this way, she became a little bit ashamed. One of Usa's girl friends was Citralekha, who was the daughter of Banasura's prime minister. Citralekha and Usa were intimate friends, and out of great curiosity Citralekha asked, ΠMy dear beautiful princess, as of yet you are not married to any young boy, nor have you seen any boys until now; so I am surprised that you are exclaiming like this. Who are you searching after? Who is your suitable match?'

On hearing Citralekha's inquiries, Usa replied, ΠMy dear friend, in my dream I saw a nice young man who is very, very beautiful. His complexion is swarthy, his eyes are just like lotus petals, and he is dressed in yellow garments. His arms are very long, and his general bodily features are so pleasing that any young girl would be attracted. I feel much pride in saying that this beautiful young man was kissing me, and I was very much enjoying the nectar of his kissing. I am sorry to inform you that just after this he disappeared, and I have been thrown into the whirlpool of disappointment. My dear friend, I am very anxious to find this wonderful young man, the desired lord of my heart.'

After hearing Usa's words, Citralekha immediately replied, ΠI can understand your bereavement, and I assure you that if this boy is within these three worlds--the upper, middle and lower planetary systems--I must find him for your satisfaction. If you can identify him from your dream, I shall bring you peace of mind. Now, let me draw some pictures for you to inspect, and as soon as you find the picture of your desired husband, let me know. It doesn't matter where he is; I know the art of bringing him here. So, as soon as you identify him, I shall immediately arrange for it.'

Citralekha, while talking, began to draw many pictures of the demigods inhabiting the higher planetary systems, then pictures of the Gandharvas, Siddhas, Caranas, Pannagas, Daityas, Vidyadharas and Yaksas, as well as many human beings. (The statements of Srimad-Bhagavatam and other Vedic literature prove definitely that on each and every planet there are living entities of different varieties. Therefore, it is foolish to assert that there are no living entities but those on this earth.) Citralekha painted many pictures. Among those of the human beings was the Vrsni dynasty, including Vasudeva, the father of Krsna, Surasena, the grandfather of Krsna, Sri Balaramaji, Lord Krsna and many others. When Usa saw the picture of Pradyumna, she became a little bashful, but when she saw the picture of Aniruddha, she became so bashful that she immediately lowered her head and smiled, having found the man she was seeking. She identified the picture to Citralekha as that of the man who had stolen her heart.

Citralekha was a great mystic yogini, and as soon as Usa identified the picture, although neither of them had ever seen him nor knew his name, Citralekha could immediately understand that the picture was of Aniruddha, a grandson of Krsna. That very night, she traveled in outer space and within a very short time reached the city of Dvaraka, which was well-protected by Krsna. She entered the palace and found Aniruddha sleeping in his bedroom on a very opulent bed. Citralekha, by her mystic power, immediately brought Aniruddha, in that sleeping condition, to the city of Sonitapura so that Usa might see her desired husband. Usa immediately bloomed in happiness and began to enjoy the company of Aniruddha with great satisfaction.

The palace in which Usa and Citralekha lived was so well fortified that it was impossible for any male to either enter or see inside. Usa and Aniruddha lived together in the palace, and day after day the love of Usa for Aniruddha grew four times upon four times. Usa pleased Aniruddha with her valuable dresses, flowers, garlands, scents and incense. By his bedside sitting place were other paraphernalia for residential purposes--nice drinks such as milk and sherbet and nice eatables which could be chewed or swallowed. Above all, she pleased him with sweet words and very obliging service. Aniruddha was worshiped by Usa as if he were the Supreme Personality of Godhead. By her excellent service, Usa made Aniruddha forget all other things and was able to draw his attention and love upon her without deviation. In such an atmosphere of love and service, Aniruddha practically forgot himself and could not recall how many days he had been away from his real home."

The complete story is under chapter 62. http://www.krsnabook.com/contents/

One thing that we can immediately conclude, which is more a matter of being just plain obvious more than anything else, is that every young lady- and I'm sure that the readers will agree with me when I say that EVERY young lady- needs a friend like Chitralekha!

An understanding of gravity is a context for understanding the phenomenon of levitation. Mr. Cater has expounded on the cause and nature of gravity as an electrostatic force which exhibits repulsion throughout his book The Ultimate Reality. Specifically, gravity is a negative charge, and levitation involves imbuing an object with another negative charge such that repulsion occurs. Mr Cater has explained the electrostatic " how and why " behind the phenomenon of levitation, in other words, antigravity, in his book The Awesome Life Force, on page 150:

" The Phenomenon Of Levitation

It is now apparent that gravity is an electrostatic effect, not some space warp or mysterious force with imponderable properties depicted by orthodox physicists. It follows that if matter is impregnated with sufficient quantities of negative charges, especially soft electrons, it will become weightless and even levitate. Some " adepts " [ like Chitralekha! ] in the occult arts have demonstrated this ability on occasion. In spite of this, and the experimental evidence showing that negative charges are repelled by a gravitational field, conventional theorists continue to ignore it, and assume that gravity acts indiscriminately on all things alike. Once again, this is to be expected. If orthodox scientists recognized the reality of such things, they would automatically have to abandon nearly all the concepts they hold dear.

Some individuals seem to have the ability to do the reverse of levitation and impregnate their bodies with an abnormal positive charge by perhaps expelling large quantities of negative charges from their bodies. They make themselves inordinately heavy by this means. A certain dwarf who had a normal weight of 123 pounds could increase his weight to 900 pounds. He demonstrated his ability on television under rigouous fraud-control conditions. In fact, one famous strong man who lifted him up was unable to hold him when he decided to increase his weight to 900 pounds. During this perilous turn of events, our scientists once again showed admirable exposure and resourcefulness. They remained silent.

Missile Loss in Space Explained

The physics of levitation was demonstrated in part when missles were found to have lost most of their original weight after traveling through the Van Allen Radiation Belt and returning to Earth. The mystery deepened when this weight loss continued for some time, and containers in which pieces of the missile were placed also lost weight. This event was hushed up in keeping with standard policy concerning things which are damaging to orthodox concepts. The radiation belts contain high concentrations of negative charges of all kinds, from hard electrons to the very soft ones.

The missile became impregnated with negative charges as it passed through this region. [ Since the charges ] are of varying types, it was able to absorb an abnormal quantity. The more penetrating softer particles opened the door for the harder particles to enter. A similar principle is involved in the operation of a transformer .... Because the missile continued to lose weight, and was evidently losing particles which originally caused it to lose weight, a paradox arises. The loss of weight of the container in which pieces of the missile were placed, means that the pieces were discharging some of the negative charges they had picked up in the radiation belt, and were then absorbed by the container."

Apparently, Chitralekha was able to modulate the type and frequency of electrostatic charge which permeated her body and levitate.

Yet another mystic technique is found in the Bhagavat Purana, Canto 4, Chapter 4, where the narration of Sati's spontaneous combustion is found. Sati was the wife of the god Shiva, who is a member of the most highly regarded Vedic trio of gods, Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva. Sati went to the house of her father, Daksha, to attend a ceremony, but found that her father's attitude was arrogant because of her choice of husband. The translation of the story by A. C. Bhaktivedanta reads thusly:

" Disregarding her husband Shiva's warning, Sati went to her father's house to attend the great sacrifice. Thousands of Lord Shiva's disciples- ghosts, gouls and demons- accompanied her. [ Now the reader might understand why her father was unhappy about her choice of husband! ] When Sati reached the sacraficial arena, her mother and sisters received her well, but her father, Daksha, snubbed her. Then, seeing that the brahmins were offering no oblations to her husband, Sati became extremely angry and said to Daksha,' Lord Shiva is the most beloved of all living entities. He has no rival, and he behaves equally towards everyone. No one but you could be envious of such a universal being, who is free from all enmity. My dear father, you are committing a great offense by envying Lord Shiva, whose very name purifies one of all sin. Because you have blasphemed him, I shall no longer bear this unworthy body, which I have received from you.' Having said this, Sati sat down on the floor and absorbed herself in mystic yoga. Then, meditating on fiery elements and Lord Shiva's lotus feet, Sati caused her body to ignite and burn to ashes."

Again we shall comprehend mystic phenomena through the writings of Joseph H. Cater, from page 434 of The Awesome Life Force. " Such a phenomenon could only occur if a highly concentrated beam of unstable, soft electrons [ soft = low frequency ones, not in the visible band, and not recognized by science ] entered and concentrated in the body. The cells of the body, comprised of a high percentage of water, would have a great affinity for such a beam. [ Electrons have a negative charge by definition, water a positive charge ].

The soft electrons ... would quickly disintegrate after the concentration exceeded a certain critical level. The high concentrations of hard electrons released would disintegrate cells. [ hard electrons, i.e., electricity, is harboured within the innocuous soft particle, the low-frequency electron aggragate ]

The source of such a beam of soft particles remains to be accounted for. In most cases, the person was undoubtedly the target of a practitioner of so-called black magic. "

Telekinesis, or the movement of objects by mind over matter, involves the same type of manipulation of energies as levitation. Again, Mr. Cater has the key to understanding telekinesis, so we might as well let him explain directly:

" Telekinesis is moving distant objects without direct physical contact. It requires force to move an object. In the final analysis, it has been shown that only two kinds of force exist in the physical universe, electrostatic and magnetic. For example, gravitation is produced by electrostatic forces only. It is not a force distinct from electromagnetism, as is the consensus of modern science. This means that the phenomenon of telekinesis is caused by the generation of either a magnetic or electrostatic field in the vicinity of the object which is moved. Magnetism is ruled out, since bodies composed entirely of nonferromagnetic materials can be moved with considerable force. It follows that telekinesis is the result of electrostatic forces projected into a body. Experiments have shown that a strong electromagnetic field will attract an uncharged body. If the field is positive, the free electrons in the body are attracted to the field, and tend to carry the mass with them. When the field is negative, the body also tends to be attracted because the so-called uncharged matter possesses a net positive charge for reasons already presented.

An Πadept Πwho is proficient in the art of telekinesis is able to project a shaft of soft and hard electrons toward the object and produce a strong field in the vicinity. ... The same effect can be produced by a sharp beam of gravity-inducing radiations directed only on the body to be moved. A similar process is involved in bending spoons or distorting metal objects ...."

The question is, how does the practitioner project the shaft of electrons in order to produce such a electrostatic, antigravitic force?

In the book Etidorhpa, the " guide " instructs his charge, " The-Man-Who-Did-It," in this regard. He does so from the Sphere of Rest, a globular level found 700 miles beneath the surface of the Earth. At this point, the effects of gravity from both the surface of the Earth, as well as from the inner surface, have come to inward equilibrium. In other words, this instruction was imparted from a zone of zero gravity. The guide explained that " On the surface of the Earth, gravity is always ready to start an object into motion. Here, in the zone of zero gravity, objects have no weight, and neither attract nor repel each other. The [ electrostatic ] force of cohesion holds together substances that are in contact, but gravitation cannot now affect matter out of molecular contact with other forms of matter, because of the equilibrium of all objects ..." The first point which the Guide makes is that in an environment of zero gravity, matter is at equilibrium, and displays no tendency towards movement.

The guide went on to explain that, in an environment of gravity, the ethereal mind and its effects are confined by polarities surrounding the brain, and that the mental functions of thinking, feeling and willing only act within and upon the body. For example, we will the movement of our bodily members, such as our fingers. In an environment of zero gravity, the ethereal mind is able to project its energies outside of the body through the ethereal platform without any interference from gravitational charges. For this reason, within the Sphere of Rest, The Man was able to engage in telekinesis under the tutelage of his guide.

A person who projects such mental mysticism in a normal environment must be able to impact the ethers and transmit along them with a mind unshackled by the extreme polarities which bind the rest of us. Either such a person might be born with unusual polarities operating in his or her body, or else by elevating and opening up the chakras, such a person can modulate the different energies, polarities, electrostatic forces, etc., within his or her body. All types of clairvoyance, hypnotism, ESP and mental healing functions along these lines.

It may be asked that if a zero gravity environment liberates the ethereal mind to act upon matter, then what about the astronauts? Supposedly, they act in a weightless environment, or better yet, in a near weightless environment, as objects do exhibit a tendency to fall from orbital heights. In outer space, the cosmic rays are omnipresent; they consist largely of low-frequency electrons and photon aggragates which can conduct a gravitational charge. In the Sphere of Rest, absolute weightlessness was described, with such a neutrality of charge that the body of The Man was described by the Guide as not weighing even " the fraction of a millionth part of a grain."

We have to ask ourselves whether or not we can actually trust NASA pictures in the first place; of weightlessness or of anything else. It has been pointed out that the space suits which the astronauts use contain 5 pounds per square inch of pressure, and that at such weight, the astronauts would hardly be able to bend at the elbows or knees, what to speak of work normally. It has also been pointed out that the zippers of their suits cannot contain pressure for more than a few moments, so how can we trust that they are even in outer space in the first place, or that conditions there are as we have been informed? We simply have to accept any film clips of astronauts, in a weightless condition, with a grain of salt.

The reader of Puranic lore also comes across various comments relating to alchemy. It is generally outlined that a yogi can ingest mercury and excrete gold. We won't go into the question of exactly how the yogi does this without poisoning himself, but the reader should not be taken aback by the idea of biotransmutation of elements. It happens everyday. On page 417, Mr. Cater cites the research of Louis Kervran, who established that, in controlled experiments, chickens produce many times the calcium provided in food and water.

We will quote Sanatan Goswami of the Gaudiya Vishnu worshippers who says that " As one can transform bell metal into gold by treating it with mercury, one can also turn a lowborn man into a brahmin by initiating him properly into the activities of [ Vishnu worship ]." The comments on spiritual development by Sanatan Goswami are well taken, but what is interesting to our analysis is the fact that bell metal is mentioned along with mercury.

The transmutation of elements, biological or otherwise, is explained by Mr. Cater as follows: " This is accomplished by soft particles ( low frequency photons and electrons ) which carry hard protons and electrons into an atom and deposit them there. " ( page 417 ) On page 420, he tells us to " ... consider mercury. Concentrations of soft electrons can deposit electrons in the nucleus of a significant portion of the atoms. A proton can be transformed into a hydrogen atom, or a neutron can be ejected from the atom. During the process, some of the other neutrons can also be ejected and the mercury atom is transformed into a gold atom. If one of the neutrons loses its electrons by the subsequent interactions, and the electrons stripped off are recaptured by soft electrons, then the gold atoms change back into a mercury atom.

Suppose small particles of gold are present in the mercury when this occurs. As soon as a nearby mercury atom is transformed, it will be captured by the gold aggragate. Gold is more stable than mercury and the cohesive fields around a gold atom are far more extensive and powerful than those around a mercury atom. Therefore, the captured gold atom becomes a permanent part of the gold aggragate. By this process, all the mercury can eventually be transformed into gold. Hydrogen will also be produced during the transformation. "

Lastly, there is a mystic siddhi, a perfection, called laghima, by which a mystic may enter " into the sun planet simply by using the rays of the sunshine," Nectar of Devotion, page 11. Cater's soft particle physics allows us to speculate on how the yogis accomplish this task of entering the sun planet by traveling up the rays. They wouldn't do so in their physical bodies- they would have to leave their bodies aside, and travel on the ethereal or maybe pranic level. How interesting, then, that Cater has defined ethers and prana photon aggragates as consisting of particles with positive and negative charges, and repulsion zones. Could it be that the yogis adopt a charge opposite of the charge of the sun's rays, in their ethereal bodies, and zip back up towards the Sun by means of electrostatic attraction?

Now that we have a better understanding of the mechanics of mystic yoga, isn't it appropriate to become consider the goal of such yoga?

With this in mind we can revisit Easy Journey to Other Planets, by His Divine Grace A C Bhaktivedanta Swami, Prabhupada.

" The astanga-yoga system is also materialistic, inasmuch as it teaches one to control the movements of air within the material body. The spiritual spark, the soul, is floating on air within the body, and inhalation and exhalation are the waves of that air containing the soul. Therefore the yoga system is a materialistic art of controlling this air by transferring it from the stomach to the navel, from the chest to the collarbone and from there to the eyeballs and from there to the cerebellum and from there to any desired planet. The velocities of air and light are taken into consideration by the material scientist, but he has no information of the velocity of the mind and intelligence. We have some limited experience of the velocity of the mind, because in a moment we can transfer our minds to places hundreds of thousands of miles away. Intelligence is even finer. Finer than intelligence is the soul, which is not matter like mind and intelligence but is spirit, or antimatter. The soul is hundreds of thousands of times finer and more powerful than intelligence. We can thus only imagine the velocity of the soul in its traveling from one planet to another. Needless to say, the soul travels by its own strength and not with the help of any kind of material vehicle.

The bestial civilization of eating, sleeping, fearing and sense-gratifying has misled modern man into forgetting how powerful a soul he has. As we have already described, the soul is a spiritual spark which is many, many times more illuminating, dazzling and powerful than sun, moon or electricity. Human life is spoiled when man does not realize his real identity with his soul. Lord Caitanya appeared with His disciple Nityananda to save man from this type of misleading civilization.

Srimad-Bhagavatam also describes how yogis can travel to all the planets in the universe. When the vital force is lifted to the cerebellum, there is every chance of this force bursting out from the eyes, nose, ears, etc., as these are places which are known as the seventh orbit of the vital force. But the yogis can block out these holes by complete suspension of air. The yogi then concentrates the vital force in the middle position, that is, between the eyebrows. At this position, the yogi can think of the planet into which he wants to enter after leaving the body. He can then decide whether he wants to go to the abode of Krsna in the transcendental Vaikunthas from which he will not be required to descend into the material world, or to travel to higher planets in the material universe. The perfect yogi is at liberty to do either.

For the perfect yogi who has attained success in the method of leaving his body in perfect consciousness, transferring from one planet to another is as easy as an ordinary man's walking to the grocery store. As already discussed, the material body is just a covering of the spiritual soul. Mind and intelligence are the undercoverings, and the gross body of earth, water, air, etc., is the overcoating of the soul. As such, any advanced soul who has realized himself by the yogic process, who knows the relationship between matter and spirit, can leave the gross dress of the soul in perfect order and as he desires. By the grace of God, we have complete freedom. Because the Lord is kind to us, we can live anywhere--either in the spiritual sky or in the material sky, upon whichever planet we desire. However, misuse of this freedom causes one to fall down into the material world and suffer the threefold miseries of conditioned life. The living of a miserable life in the material world by dint of the soul's choice is nicely illustrated by Milton in Paradise Lost. Similarly, by choice the soul can regain paradise and return home, back to Godhead

At the critical time of death, one can place the vital force between the two eyebrows and decide where he wants to go. If he is reluctant to maintain any connection with the material world, he can, in less than a second, reach the transcendental Vaikuntha and appear there completely in his spiritual body which will be suitable for him in the spiritual atmosphere. He has simply to desire to leave the material world in both finer and grosser forms and then move the vital force to the topmost part of the skull and leave the body from the hole in the skull called the brahma-randhra. This is the highest perfection in the practice of yoga.

Of course man is endowed with free will, and as such if he does not want to free himself of the material world he may enjoy the life of brahma-. (occupation of the post of Brahma) and visit Siddhaloka, the planets of materially perfect beings who have full abilities to control gravity, space, time, etc. To visit these higher planets in the material universe, one need not give up his mind and intelligence ( finer matter ), but need only give up grosser matter ( the material body ).

Man-made satellites and mechanical space vehicles will never be able to carry human beings to the planets of outer space. Men cannot even go on their much-advertised trips to the moon, for, as we have already stated, the atmosphere on such higher planets is different from the atmosphere here on earth. Each and every planet has its particular atmosphere, and if one wants to travel to any particular planet within the material universe, one has to have a material body exactly adapted to the climatic condition of that planet. For instance, if one wants to go from India to Europe, where the climatic condition is different, one has to change his dress accordingly. Similarly, a complete change of body is necessary if one wants to go to the transcendental planets of Vaikuntha.

If one wants to go to the higher material planets, he can keep his finer dress of mind, intelligence and ego, but has to leave his gross dress ( body ) made of earth, water, fire, etc. When one goes to a transcendental planet, however, it is necessary to change both the finer and gross bodies, for one has to reach the spiritual sky completely in a spiritual form. This change of dress will take place automatically at the time of death if one so desires. But this desire is possible at death only if the desire is cultivated during life. Where one's treasures are, there also is one's heart."

"From the highest planet in the material world down to the lowest, all are places of misery wherein repeated birth and death takes place. But one who attains to my abode, oh son of Kunti, never takes birth again.

Whatever state of being one remembers when he quits his body, to that state he will attain without fail."

Bhagavad Gita, Chapter Eight, texts 16 and 6.