IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

At Odds With Right And Reason

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hare Krishna Hansadutta:

I am disappointed that you again decided to take the low road of distorted allegation (Sour Grapes or Rotten Grapes) rather than presenting an intelligible response on the merits of the 'public domain' issue you raised (Sour Grapes Sampradaya). I can only reasonably conclude that you do not actually have an intelligible response on the merits of the issue at hand or you would not have been driven to desperate ranting over money.

Due to the confidential terms of the Settlement Agreement that you selectively and illegally revealed in your crass diatribe, I am limited to what I can write publicly. I will, however, mention some pertinent facts.

(1) You personally signed the 1998 Stipulated Judgment that confirmed Srila Prabhupada's BBT holds the copyrights to his books. (2) The Court ruled that it was the "unequivocal intention" of all of the parties that the settlement monies you now whine about were for attorney's fees, as you yourself admitted in numerous public articles ("plus our lawyer's fees reimbursed" -- Hansadutta On Settlement). (3) The Court soundly rejected your covetous arguments over personal ownership and sole control of Krishna Books Inc.

Contrary to the misleading and one-sided allegations you presented, these are uncontroverted facts.

The vindictive State Bar Complaint that you and your two acolytes filed after settlement of the BBTI case is not actually about money and technicalities. You know that and I know that. Rather, your malicious attack on me is all about control and stature. In spite of the sacrifice of many devotees to revalidate the BBT and secure the legal right to print Srila Prabhupada's adi-vani, you unreasonably demanded overarching control of everything that followed -- but your machinations were completely thwarted.

This is what has awkwardly placed you at odds with right and reason, and now leaves you and your two followers stranded and alienated on the sidelines.

But what about you Hansadutta? As the candle of your life shortens will you consciously choose to take the high road to cooperation on any of these issues? Or will you remain bedeviled and in rage over lost control and stature? Do you really think that misusing State Bar proceedings to pursue a personal vendetta against me will bring you even one tiny baby step closer to soberly serving Srila Prabhupada's adi-vani with a loving heart? Is this unholy jihad all you are now left with?

N.B.: I have no interest in becoming your new pen pal Hansadutta, so kindly meditate on these points in lieu of trying to pass off another distorted tirade as spiritual insight.

Om Tat Sat,

Gupta dasa

Joseph Fedorowsky

lawyer@oxfordlaw.com

gupta@krishnabooks.org