IndiaDivine.org
Guest lisa

fluid in baby's ears

Rate this topic

Guest lisa

My daughter has been very cranky lately and hasn't been sleeping well for weeks. She had her first cold/sinus congestion about a month ago, and the restlessness might have started around then.  (She was teething right beforehand, so she also wasn't sleeping easily for a couple of weeks before the cold, but I think it was because of the teething.) 

Last week she got congested in her nose again, and her sleep and irritability became even more pronounced.  Today the doctor looked in her ears and said she has some fluid in both ears that is probably because of the nasal congestion, and that the fluid may also cause discomfort that makes her irritable and uncomfortable.  I don't want to give her Tylenol/Alvedon to relieve the pain.  What does Ayurveda recommend to relieve such discomfort?  And what to do to help the fluid go away?  The (Western medicine) doctor said it could take weeks, and there is nothing to do about it.

Thank you for your expertise!