IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Sowmya Josyula

kathyayani vratha

Rate this topic

Can anyone tell me about Kathyayani vratham, I was advised to perform it but do not know the rules and regulations.

There is a slokam which can chanted for 41 days continuously.

Om Katyayani Maha bhage Maha Yoginy Adhisvarim

Nanda Gopa sutam Devi Patiam me Kurute Namah

This should be chanted daily twice morning facing east and evening facing west

Preferably sit on a wooden platform (Manai) and not on the floor.

After doing this 41 days, you can feed 9 minor girls with vastram, if possible,

and 5 small boys.

Balasubramanian

Can anyone tell me about Kathyayani vratham, I was advised to perform it but do not know the rules and regulations.

No Idea about the method... but following might be useful...

Sri Katyayani Vrat is unique ritual dedicated to Goddess Katyayani and is observed in the Margashirsh or Margasar Month (November – December) as per traditional Hindu calendar followed in North India and Orissa. Sri Katyayani Vrata begins on November 11, 2011 and ends on December 10, 2011.

The popular belief is that Gopis in Vrindavan and Braj offered prayers to Goddess Katyayani to get Sri Krishna as their love. It is said that Gopis were able to get the divine love Sri Krishna after performing the vrat and pujas for a month.

Gopis observing the Sri Katyayani Vrat woke before sunrise bathed in the Kalindi River and made an image of Goddess Katyayani with the clay found on the river bank and offered prayers to the Goddess to be blessed with the divine love of Sri Krishna.

Today this vrat is performed by people for the fulfillment of various desires. Some people perform it to attain Moksha and merge in the divine love of Krishna.

The same vrat is observed as Pavai Nombu or Margazli Nombu in the Margazhi month in Tamil Nadu.