IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
supernaut76

Documentaries on Tantra

Rate this topic

Hi all! I'm new on here, but planning on becoming a regular. I'm an Indian guy living in Australia. Christian background but now increasingly interested in Tantra. I'm trying to change my worldview a little by little. I've started correspondence with a chap from a branch of the Western Nath Order and he has been quite helpful. I've been looking for documentaries on Hindu Tantra, but these seem to be quite difficult to get hold of.

These are the ones I've seen:

1. Sadhu's, Indias holy men: By the Bedi brothers. Was a really bad copy I found on the net.

2. Tantra of gyuto: More Tibetan than hindu Tantra

3. Tantra: Indian rites of ecstacy: By Nik Douglas, a bit too arty, abstract and not informative

This film looks very promising but will not be out on DVD until 2011 end or 2012

Trailer: The Lover And The Beloved: A Journey Into Tantra – Asta Films

Can anyone help? Also can anyone give me some advice about getting into Tantric practise. Very likely I'm going to start off in a faltering, somewhat eclectic way at first before getting into it more steadily.