IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Head Pressure whilst meditating?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hey everyone,

I wondered if anyone else had encountered something similar whilst meditating.

This has only happened the last 3 times I've meditated. I experience a pressure

build up in the head, not too dissimilar to someone squeezing it. The pressure

moves around, and is quite intense.

Today it finished by settling in my nasal area and felt like someone was

gripping me up the bridge of my nose.

I read something with regards to pulling too much energy into this area, but

when it happens Im not actually doing anything or focusing on anywhere in

particular, just sitting there with any empty(ish) mind.

Anyone shed any light on this? Its not painful, just odd.

Love to all

Andy

Guest guest

Hi Andy,

I have energy on the top of the head, squeezing,moving in concentric circles

around the head, moving in elliptic and other shapes.The pressure is indeed

quite intense,as if someone is squeezing the brain inside - but there is no

pain. This is contrinous for the past 8months.It is like a massage of the head.

You start watching it, go inward and then your mind becomes empty. There are no

thoughts. This stage prolonged would result in an empty mind - when you just

become an observer of the phenomenon without any judgement.

Further,after few months of this continuos activity, comes the daily 15-20

minutes dose of purity and simplicity. For me this happens,in the morning 9-10

am. During this phase, it is like you are bathed in blessedness and purity. You

will be forced to meditate during this period. These are the 'real' automatic

meditation sessions. During this period, you just stay on that interval between

thoughts. A greater concentration results after few days,making you

automatically go deep into meditation.

This noticed after few days, showcases the inward light - a pure white light,

noticeable during these meditation periods or after sleep or anytime. Currently,

when I focus on this white light, it escapes. Care needs to be taken to see this

light. Any effort is a waste as it has to show up itself. Once it is visible, if

you make effort to concentrate on this it escapes and vanishes. In this stage,

no effort needs to be put, you need to just 'BE'.

All this is bought about by the K activity in the brain, that squeezes,

massages, beats and teaches without any pain. It looks as though there are some

'hands' at work, but it is the prana+kundalini that necessitates this process

and is the magic hand.

HEnce, more surrender for you in the future would enable this process happen

automatically and open the doors as explained aboce. Have put in my experience.

Hope it helps.

Skoogle

>someone squeezing it. The pressure moves around, and is quite intense.

> I read something with regards to pulling too much energy into this area, but

andyrpreston <andyrpreston

Sunday, 16 August, 2009 2:14:39 AM

Head Pressure whilst meditating?

Hey everyone,

I wondered if anyone else had encountered something similar whilst meditating.

This has only happened the last 3 times I've meditated. I experience a pressure

build up in the head, not too dissimilar to someone squeezing it. The pressure

moves around, and is quite intense.

Today it finished by settling in my nasal area and felt like someone was

gripping me up the bridge of my nose.

I read something with regards to pulling too much energy into this area, but

Anyone shed any light on this? Its not painful, just odd.

Love to all

Andy

Looking for local information? Find it on Local

http://in.local./

Guest guest

Hi Andy (and others who've written on this topic). For 6 months I have

been getting an irritatingly persistent  throbbing head sensation

that shifts between crown and third eye areas. Occasionally the

throbbing " seizes " and I get a part or full helmet effect for about 30

minutes. The throbbing is most noticeable (though not painful) when I

lie down making sleeping difficult and is sometimes accompanied by a

strong pulse, like a vein pumping within the LHS scalp. The intensity of

the head pressure rises when I am in any stressful situation, and is

preceded by a blast of heat up my neck.

I can only imagine that this stress is a blow torch leading to the need

for further cranial re-sculpting !

Chrism tells me not to force the pace and assures me that this scenario

will change as energy never gets stuck anywhere for too long and,

eventually, threads its way throughout the entire body.  

Regards to all - John.

===================================

Andy wrote:        

" ...........  I experience a pressure build up in the head, not

too dissimilar to someone squeezing it. The pressure moves around, and

is quite intense...... "

Hi,

My name is venkat. I had the similar experience everyday during and an hour or two after meditation. Initially it slowly builds up with not much botheration and rest of the body becomes less sensitive. As the pressure increases I feel as if my spinal is extended and errect vertically. then the top of the head start throbbing and this feeling shifts as the pressure shifts to different points, always on the top side as if it is trying to find a gap to escape. I will be in that stage for next hour, then I will go on my daily errands. but still I have that pressure for next hour sometimes two,and i feel I was in a kind of trance or drugged like. I also find sometimes a slight tick noises as if the scull is kind of giving in or expanding(its like breaking a dry stem or stepping on dry leaves). I am not a religious or spiritual person. But since 1 year I am getting lot of sensations on fore head and hands and feet. as this continued to increase in intensity and stay almost all day long, to a point of botheration, I read articles stating that it is due to pineal activation and I have to meditate and awaken it or else i may suffer prolonged migraine. I started meditation daily for one hour and that problem is over in first few days. Right now I just finished my meditation and ended up worrying about this pressure thing and googled with the problem and i got your message. Please help me if you learned anything about it

venkat

Hi guys,

you all made me so happy. At last I am not alone and I might not have any brain medical issues. I am venkat a non spiritual, non religious happy go lucky person until last year when pleasant but intense sensations on forehead and middle of the forehead, arms and feet started. It is as if thrown upon me. In next six months these sensations increased in time and intensity along with tapping on the center of forehead, started disturbing my attenstion and focus on day to day activities. at that point I went through some of the web sites and learned that my pineal gland is activated and I need to awaken it through meditation or else it may end up in prolonged migraine. I started meditation from July this year and afted few sessions I got some relief. I continued the meditation, daily for 1 hour, and since last week, I started feeling very high pressure inside top of my head. it tingles different points as if looking for a way to escape out. Some times it is with mild pain, but most of the times bearable. This pressure feels like high pressure gas compressed in a balloon. Sometimes i hear slow noises as if breaking a dry stem, or stepping on dry leaves. stays for about an hour after meditation, even while i am attending other things. I will be very happy if you all can extend your help in educating in this issue. Looking forward

venkat

Hi friends,

I think I got it. Earlier I posted to the thread with similar complaint having high pressure on the top of the head(inside) It was there for three days during and an hour after meditation. I also noticed that the center of my scull is slightly bumped up ( I shave my head everyday since 1 month and I also checked that it is not a swelling)

Today while I was doing Kundalini meditation, the pressure slowly disintegrated as small pockets and these pockets one after other slowly moved to the center of forehead, throbbed for a while and disappeared. This continued until the last pocket disappeared. So I think the energy knows better than our consciousness the path and proceedures. Hope this will help somebody with similar issues

with love

venkat

Hi Andy,

I feel exactly the same. My last meditation it was like my whole head was going to explode, but its not pain full as you said. I found this answer on the web:

The reason you feel pressure in your forehead is because you are meditating in the wrong place; you are meditating in the mind rather than the heart, You want to play a game, but unfortunately you have gone to the wrong playing field. When you feel pressure in your head or your forehead during meditation, it means that your mind has pulled down light and power beyond its capacity. The door to your consciousness is closed, so you are trying to break through the ceiling and pull God into your room. At that time, poor God is entering into an unprepared, unreceptive and unillumined vessel. Naturally the vessel resists, and then you get a headache.

You may also feel pressure because your mind-vessel is filled with impure thoughts and ideas. By sheer will to you are trying to kill these undivine thoughts, and again the resistance of the mind causes you pain. The pressure can also mean that there is an obstruction such as fear inside you. When the mind-vessel is filled the with impure thoughts and you pull down peace, light and bliss, you unconsciously become frightened. You never expected these things to be so brilliant and divine. Your mind is filled with all kinds of obscure thoughts and impurities, and suddenly divine peace, light and bliss come. At that time they seem like strangers to you, so you resist them. You are driving at top speed and suddenly you feel fear, so you try to stop.

When you feel this kind of pressure, what you should do is immediately focus your attention on your heart. Feel that you do not have a head at all; you have only the heart's soft, sweet feeling of oneness with God, your Inner Pilot. In the heart there is no fear or resistance. No matter how intensely you meditate in the heart, no matter how much peace, light and bliss you draw into the heart, you will never feel tension or pressure. There will only be joy, love and a feeling of oneness.

The safest and best way to meditate is in the heart. But if you want to use the mind, then you have to try to make the mind very calm, quiet, pure and receptive, Always feel that inside the aspiring mind there is vessel that you can enlarge with your sincere aspiration. Try to make the vessel very large so that it can hold more purity and luminosity. But do not try to pull anything. Only let the divine Grace flow in and through you by praying and meditating most soulfully. Then you will not feel pressure or tension in your head.

Hope that will help

Lina