IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Surrender itself is a mighty prayer

Rate this topic

Guest guest

The Teachings of BhagavanSri Ramana Maharshiin His Own WordsCHAPTER ONEGODIn case the path of worship was chosen, he demanded absolutesurrender.Devotee: God is described as manifest and unmanifest. As theformer, He is said to include the world as a part of His Being. Ifthat is so, we, as part of the world, should find it easy to knowHim in His manifested form.Bhagavan: Know yourself before you seek to know the nature ofGod and the world.D.: Does knowing myself imply knowing God?B.: Yes, God is within you.D.: Then, what stands in the way of my knowing myself or God?B.: Your wandering mind and perverted ways.D.: I am a weak creature. But why does not the superiorpower of the Lord within remove the obstacles?B.: Yes, He will, if you have the aspiration.D.: Why should He not create the aspiration in me?B.: Then surrender yourself.D.: If I surrender myself, is no prayer to God necessary?B.: Surrender itself is a mighty prayer.D.: But is it not necessary to understand His nature beforeone surrenders oneself?B.: If you believe that God will do all the things that youwant Him to do, then surrender yourself to Him. Otherwiselet God alone, and know yourself. 11 Maharshi's Gospel (12th Edition, 2000), pp. 42-3.