IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

to cross the shoreless ocean of samsara

Rate this topic

Guest guest

ADVAITA BODHA DEEPIKA[LAMP OF NON-DUAL KNOWLEDGE][Originally

Sri Shankaracharya and other great Sages hadwritten several works like the commentary on the Vedanta Sutrasand thus furnished the methods for those engaged in Self enquiryto accomplish their purpose.From those, Sri Karapatra Swami later condensed thesalient

points into Sanskrit verse in a work of twelve chapters,called Sri Advaita Bodha Deepika.Still later, some great man seems to have translated thisinto Tamil prose. For some unknown reasons only some eightchapters of the same are found published.]INTRODUCTORY1. I salute the holy feet of the Supreme Lord, the Refugeof all the universe, the One Means to kill the samsara (thecycle of births and deaths), the Eternal God Ganesa ofelephant face!2. I meditate on the holy master known as ChidambaraBrahman, the very being of the non-dual Supreme Self, Itsvery Bliss and the foremost yogi among men by whose lightglance I, a fool blinded by the massive darkness of beginninglessIgnorance, gained the precious jewel of Jnana (Wisdom)!3. I meditate on that holy master, by contact with the dustof whose lotus feet men are able easily to cross the shorelessocean of samsara, as if it were only a span.4-5. To those who are fitted (by all) their sins having beenburnt off by austerities (practised) in several past births, theirminds made pure, their intellects discriminating the real fromthe unreal, themselves indifferent to the pleasures of either thisor the other world, their minds and senses under control,passions held down, actions given up as a worthless burden,faith firm and minds tranquil, eagerly seeking release frombondage, this work — SRI ADVAITA BODHA DEEPIKA —is presented in twelve short chapters.6. Many different works on Advaita have already appearedfrom Masters of yore, like Sri Sankaracharya and Vidyaranya;yet as a fond parent loves to hear the broken words of the lispingchild, so also good people with large hearts can read this workas well, imperfect as it may be.

Guest guest

Dear Grant,

You are doing us a very great service which is much appreciated. One of my favourite Advaita Classics!

All best wishes and warmest regards,

Alan--- On Mon, 22/3/10, Grant <g-ssummerville wrote:

Grant <g-ssummerville to cross the shoreless ocean of samsara Date: Monday, 22 March, 2010, 14:42

ADVAITA BODHA DEEPIKA[LAMP OF NON-DUAL KNOWLEDGE][Originally Sri Shankaracharya and other great Sages hadwritten several works like the commentary on the Vedanta Sutrasand thus furnished the methods for those engaged in Self enquiryto accomplish their purpose.From those, Sri Karapatra Swami later condensed thesalient points into Sanskrit verse in a work of twelve chapters,called Sri Advaita Bodha Deepika.Still later, some great man seems to have translated thisinto Tamil prose. For some unknown reasons only some eightchapters of the same are found published.]INTRODUCTORY1. I salute the holy feet of the Supreme Lord, the Refugeof all the universe, the One Means to kill the samsara (thecycle of births and deaths), the Eternal God Ganesa ofelephant face!2. I meditate on the holy master

known as ChidambaraBrahman, the very being of the non-dual Supreme Self, Itsvery Bliss and the foremost yogi among men by whose lightglance I, a fool blinded by the massive darkness of beginninglessIgnorance, gained the precious jewel of Jnana (Wisdom)!3. I meditate on that holy master, by contact with the dustof whose lotus feet men are able easily to cross the shorelessocean of samsara, as if it were only a span.4-5. To those who are fitted (by all) their sins having beenburnt off by austerities (practised) in several past births, theirminds made pure, their intellects discriminating the real fromthe unreal, themselves indifferent to the pleasures of either thisor the other world, their minds and senses under control,passions held down, actions given up as a worthless burden,faith firm and minds tranquil, eagerly seeking release frombondage, this work — SRI ADVAITA BODHA DEEPIKA

—is presented in twelve short chapters.6. Many different works on Advaita have already appearedfrom Masters of yore, like Sri Sankaracharya and Vidyaranya;yet as a fond parent loves to hear the broken words of the lispingchild, so also good people with large hearts can read this workas well, imperfect as it may be.