IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

abide firmly in the peace of the Self

Rate this topic

Guest guest

THE ESSENCE OF RIBHU GITAThe following verses constitute the teachings of Siva to Ribhu,who in turn transmits those teachings to his disciple Nidhaga Rishi.The treatise goes by the name Ribhu Gita.`Sahaja Nishta' or The Natural State88. I see neither mind nor world during my sleep. In mydream there is mind with its creation, the dream world. Thedream world is falsified in my waking state. But I-Self existalways. Arguing thus, one must give up all differentiation ofself and non-Self, and ever abide firmly as the thought-freealert Awareness-Self-Brahman. (Ch.35, v.26)89. All diversities of world, mind, maya (confusing powerof Brahman), wakefulness, dream, sleep, talk of you and me areevanescent, and yet, not apart from the Self. Thus wise oneshould give up all thought of Self and non-Self and abide asSelf only. (Ch.35, v.27)90. In dim light the illusion of a serpent is seen in a rope,and this serpent is nothing but the rope. Even so all illusion ofnon-Self exists in the Self only. Thus wise one should give up allthought of Self and non-Self and ever abide firmly in the peaceof the Self. (Ch.35, v.28)91. In the wisdom of integral experience, I am the nondual,transcendental, motionless, peaceful, bondagefreedom-notion-free, sky of pure consciousness only. Withthis experience one should reject all differentiation of Selfand non-Self and ever abide firmly in the peace of Brahman-Self. (Ch.35, v.33)