IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

give up all differentiation of Self and non Self

Rate this topic

Guest guest

THE ESSENCE OF RIBHU GITAThe following verses constitute the teachings of Siva to Ribhu,who in turn transmits those teachings to his disciple Nidhaga Rishi.The treatise goes by the name Ribhu Gita.`Sahaja Nishta' or The Natural State84. Steady abidance in the rock-firm conviction born ofthe experience of `I am the Self ', is the greatest yoga, totaldissolution of the mind, true renunciation, true wisdom, andjivan mukti as well. (Ch.34, v.46)85. Whatever names and forms are seen by me in my dreamare not anything apart from me. Even so, this world seen by mein my waking state is not anything apart from me, the Awareness-Self that I am. The wise one should give up all differentiation ofSelf and non-Self, and abide as pure Self only. (Ch.35, v.23)86. If this world of the waking state is not evanescent inits nature, whatever is seen in the waking state must be seenduring sleep also. Since I as pure Self exist alone and always,there is no room for thought of non-Self-world. I-Self-Brahmanis the sole Existence. (Ch.35, v.24)87. No world exists during the absence of the mind, andthere is no mind apart from my awareness. So, mind andworld are nothing apart from the Self, and I am ever that soleExistence-Awareness-Brahman-Self. The wise one shouldabolish all thought of differentiation of self and non-Self.(Ch.35, v.25)