the readers’ comments at the end are very off-color for those who do not like

that sort of thing. Cyn

On Behalf Of CKG

Monday, February 02, 2009 6:23 PM

PETA pulls a lame stunt - Ads of the Weird on

msnbc.com

Sheesh. Did anyone hear about this PETA ad that was turned down for

the Super (Stupor?) Bowl?? Cyn

Latest post from Ads of the Weird: PETA pulls a lame stunt (http://adblog.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2009/01/27/1763315.aspx)

Guest guest

yeah, it was all over the news the last couple weeks

CKG Feb 2, 2009 3:23 PM PETA pulls a lame stunt - Ads of the Weird on msnbc.com

Sheesh. Did anyone hear about this PETA ad that was turned down for the Super (Stupor?) Bowl?? Cyn

Latest post from Ads of the Weird: PETA pulls a lame stunt (http://adblog.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2009/01/27/1763315.aspx)

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we.

They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

--George W. Bush

Guest guest

I read about it last week. I find PETA to be a continual

embarrassment to the animal rights movement - it puts many people off

associating themselves with it.

Jo

, " CKG " <cynthiaandtheothers

wrote:

>

> SORRY! I should have put a warning on this or something because the

readers'

> comments at the end are very off-color for those who do not like

that sort

> of thing. Cyn

>

>

>

>

On

> Behalf Of CKG

> Monday, February 02, 2009 6:23 PM

>

> PETA pulls a lame stunt - Ads of the Weird on

> msnbc.com

>

>

>

> Sheesh. Did anyone hear about this PETA ad that was turned down

for the

> Super (Stupor?) Bowl?? Cyn

>

>

>

> Latest post from Ads of the Weird: PETA pulls a lame stunt

> (http://adblog.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2009/01/27/1763315.aspx)

>

Guest guest

Hi Cyn

I dunno.... I thought the comments at the bottom showed a very clear intellectual divide between the meat eaters and the veggies.

Of course, you have to congratulate PETA for once again managing to distract everyone from the real issues of animal rights, and get them talking about something completely unrelated. I'm beginning to think they're the covert wing of the meat marketing board.

BB

Peter

-

CKG

Monday, February 02, 2009 11:36 PM

FW: PETA pulls a lame stunt - Ads of the Weird on msnbc.com

SORRY! I should have put a warning on this or something because the readers’ comments at the end are very off-color for those who do not like that sort of thing. Cyn

On Behalf Of CKGMonday, February 02, 2009 6:23 PM Subject: PETA pulls a lame stunt - Ads of the Weird on msnbc.com

Sheesh. Did anyone hear about this PETA ad that was turned down for the Super (Stupor?) Bowl?? Cyn

Guest guest

well...

PETA 's modus operandi is to continually gain attention by appealing to the MTV generation.

any publicity is good publicity is thier belief...

heartwerk Feb 2, 2009 11:46 PM Re: FW: PETA pulls a lame stunt - Ads of the Weird on msnbc.com

I read about it last week. I find PETA to be a continual embarrassment to the animal rights movement - it puts many people off associating themselves with it.Jo , "CKG" <cynthiaandtheothers wrote:>> SORRY! I should have put a warning on this or something because the readers'> comments at the end are very off-color for those who do not like that sort> of thing. Cyn> > > > On> Behalf Of CKG> Monday, February 02, 2009 6:23 PM> > PETA pulls a lame stunt - Ads of the Weird on> msnbc.com> > > > Sheesh. Did anyone hear about this PETA ad that was turned down for the> Super (Stupor?) Bowl?? Cyn> > > > Latest post from Ads of the Weird: PETA pulls a lame stunt> (http://adblog.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2009/01/27/1763315.aspx)>

They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

--George W. Bush

Guest guest

Hi FraggleHmmmm - I just disagree with their concept there. Any publicity is good publicity when you're trying to sell a product. It's great to appear on loads of news stations to sell your latest bottle of coke, and even better if you don't have to say too much about the product itself....

But animal rights is never going to spread that way. People aren't going to say " oh yeah, I've heard of PETA, I'm going to go veggie " . PETA aren't selling a brand, they're spreading an ideal, and the only way to do that is to get the information out there so that people can make informed decisions. It's absolutely no use just getting the name of the brand on the news.

BBPeter2009/2/3 fraggle <EBbrewpunx

well...

PETA 's modus operandi is to continually gain attention by appealing to the MTV generation.

heartwerk Feb 2, 2009 11:46 PM

Re: FW: PETA pulls a lame stunt - Ads of the Weird on msnbc.com

I read about it last week. I find PETA to be a continual embarrassment to the animal rights movement - it puts many people off associating themselves with it.Jo , " CKG " <cynthiaandtheothers

wrote:>> SORRY! I should have put a warning on this or something because the readers'> comments at the end are very off-color for those who do not like that sort

> of thing. Cyn> > > > On

> Behalf Of CKG> Monday, February 02, 2009 6:23 PM> > PETA pulls a lame stunt - Ads of the Weird on

> msnbc.com> > > > Sheesh. Did anyone hear about this PETA ad that was turned down for the> Super (Stupor?) Bowl?? Cyn> >

> > Latest post from Ads of the Weird: PETA pulls a lame stunt> (http://adblog.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2009/01/27/1763315.aspx)

>

" Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we.

They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we. "

--George W. Bush

Guest guest

They are wrong then - I would never support them now, and to the normal person they give animal rights activists a very bad name.

Jo

-

fraggle

Tuesday, February 03, 2009 5:07 PM

well...

heartwerk Feb 2, 2009 11:46 PM Re: FW: PETA pulls a lame stunt - Ads of the Weird on msnbc.com

I read about it last week. I find PETA to be a continual embarrassment to the animal rights movement - it puts many people off associating themselves with it.Jo , "CKG" <cynthiaandtheothers wrote:>> SORRY! I should have put a warning on this or something because the readers'> comments at the end are very off-color for those who do not like that sort> of thing. Cyn> > > > On> Behalf Of CKG> Monday, February 02, 2009 6:23 PM> > PETA pulls a lame stunt - Ads of the Weird on> msnbc.com> > > > Sheesh. Did anyone hear about this PETA ad that was turned down for the> Super (Stupor?) Bowl?? Cyn> > > > Latest post from Ads of the Weird: PETA pulls a lame stunt> (http://adblog.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2009/01/27/1763315.aspx)>

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

--George W. Bush

Guest guest

I jsut watched the advert, made me LOL because its so over the top.

I think they do a good job getting publicity, how else would anyone get

even the slightest thought of vegetarianism into peoples heads during

the superbowl? I think they have to do publicty stunts to get any

mention of vegetarianism into the media at all.

good for them obvoiusly they got almost free publicity out of this.plus

they arent aiming the adverts at people who are already vegan, they are

after the people who arent.

I dont like everything Peta does but i think this advert is pretty

funny, and also.....just remebered i have been having 'words' with

nasty little vegan hating young men lately, their arguments against

veganism are like, vegans are whimps etc.. i think this advert would

really help deal with that veganism isnt macho bs stereotype.

(not that macho stuff isnt a bad stereotype, but i dont thnk peta is

after fixing the whole world, just trying to help animals)

Guest guest

but, in PETA's view, they are selling something.

they are selling the idea of vegetarianism and veganism.

they are putting a product (veganism) out there and trying to higlight it and promote it the same way (or in a parody of the same way) as every other mainstream commerical idea in today's society.

get people's attention.

so, in their view, they are selling something.

Peter Kebbell Feb 3, 2009 9:13 AM Re: FW: PETA pulls a lame stunt - Ads of the Weird on msnbc.com

Hi FraggleHmmmm - I just disagree with their concept there. Any publicity is good publicity when you're trying to sell a product. It's great to appear on loads of news stations to sell your latest bottle of coke, and even better if you don't have to say too much about the product itself....But animal rights is never going to spread that way. People aren't going to say "oh yeah, I've heard of PETA, I'm going to go veggie". PETA aren't selling a brand, they're spreading an ideal, and the only way to do that is to get the information out there so that people can make informed decisions. It's absolutely no use just getting the name of the brand on the news.BBPeter

2009/2/3 fraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) net>

well...

I read about it last week. I find PETA to be a continual embarrassment to the animal rights movement - it puts many people off associating themselves with it.Jo , "CKG" <cynthiaandtheothers

wrote:>> SORRY! I should have put a warning on this or something because the readers'> comments at the end are very off-color for those who do not like that sort> of thing. Cyn> > > > On> Behalf Of CKG> Monday, February 02, 2009 6:23 PM> > PETA pulls a lame stunt - Ads of the Weird on> msnbc.com> > > > Sheesh. Did anyone hear about this PETA ad that was turned down for the> Super (Stupor?) Bowl?? Cyn> > > > Latest post from Ads of the Weird: PETA pulls a lame stunt> (http://adblog.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2009/01/27/1763315.aspx)>

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

--George W. Bush

--George W. Bush

Guest guest

to the "normal" person, animal rights already has a bad name

"oh, you mean those dirty weird granola eating hippies, always protesting something, trying to stop me from eating what i want, breaking into companies and stealing stupid rabbits. why don't they just get a jo or something"

etc and so forth...i am neither saying i support nor deny PETA's actions...i'm just saying that's the vision they are going for...

"jo.heartwork" Feb 3, 2009 9:32 AM Re: FW: PETA pulls a lame stunt - Ads of the Weird on msnbc.com

They are wrong then - I would never support them now, and to the normal person they give animal rights activists a very bad name.

Jo

-

fraggle

well...

I read about it last week. I find PETA to be a continual embarrassment to the animal rights movement - it puts many people off associating themselves with it.Jo , "CKG" <cynthiaandtheothers wrote:>> SORRY! I should have put a warning on this or something because the readers'> comments at the end are very off-color for those who do not like that sort> of thing. Cyn> > > > On> Behalf Of CKG> Monday, February 02, 2009 6:23 PM> > PETA pulls a lame stunt - Ads of the Weird on> msnbc.com> > > > Sheesh. Did anyone hear about this PETA ad that was turned down for the> Super (Stupor?) Bowl?? Cyn> > > > Latest post from Ads of the Weird: PETA pulls a lame stunt> (http://adblog.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2009/01/27/1763315.aspx)>"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

--George W. Bush

--George W. Bush

Guest guest

Maybe so... but that's why they'll never succeed!BBPeter2009/2/3 fraggle <EBbrewpunx

they are putting a product (veganism) out there and trying to higlight it and promote it the same way (or in a parody of the same way) as every other mainstream commerical idea in today's society.

get people's attention.

Peter Kebbell Feb 3, 2009 9:13 AM

Hi FraggleHmmmm - I just disagree with their concept there. Any publicity is good publicity when you're trying to sell a product. It's great to appear on loads of news stations to sell your latest bottle of coke, and even better if you don't have to say too much about the product itself....

But animal rights is never going to spread that way. People aren't going to say " oh yeah, I've heard of PETA, I'm going to go veggie " . PETA aren't selling a brand, they're spreading an ideal, and the only way to do that is to get the information out there so that people can make informed decisions. It's absolutely no use just getting the name of the brand on the news.

BBPeter

2009/2/3 fraggle <EBbrewpunx

well...

I read about it last week. I find PETA to be a continual embarrassment to the animal rights movement - it puts many people off associating themselves with it.Jo , " CKG " <cynthiaandtheothers

wrote:>> SORRY! I should have put a warning on this or something because the readers'> comments at the end are very off-color for those who do not like that sort> of thing. Cyn

> > > > On

> Behalf Of CKG> Monday, February 02, 2009 6:23 PM> > PETA pulls a lame stunt - Ads of the Weird on

> msnbc.com> > > > Sheesh. Did anyone hear about this PETA ad that was turned down for the> Super (Stupor?) Bowl?? Cyn> >

> > Latest post from Ads of the Weird: PETA pulls a lame stunt> (http://adblog.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2009/01/27/1763315.aspx)

>

They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we. "

--George W. Bush

--George W. Bush

Guest guest

bing

exactly...

besides, i really don't think PETA had much of a change airng anything dirung the superbowl

so instead of shelling out $3 million for a few seconds, they got a bunch of free publicity...

sure, most ppl go "stoopid PETA", but i bet someone watched it and went to the website and went "hmmmmm"

clawsywp Feb 3, 2009 9:57 AM Re: PETA pulls a lame stunt - Ads of the Weird on msnbc.com

I jsut watched the advert, made me LOL because its so over the top.I think they do a good job getting publicity, how else would anyone get even the slightest thought of vegetarianism into peoples heads during the superbowl? I think they have to do publicty stunts to get any mention of vegetarianism into the media at all.good for them obvoiusly they got almost free publicity out of this.plus they arent aiming the adverts at people who are already vegan, they are after the people who arent.I dont like everything Peta does but i think this advert is pretty funny, and also.....just remebered i have been having 'words' with nasty little vegan hating young men lately, their arguments against veganism are like, vegans are whimps etc.. i think this advert would really help deal with that veganism isnt macho bs stereotype.(not that macho stuff isnt a bad stereotype, but i dont thnk peta is after fixing the whole world, just trying to help animals)

--George W. Bush

Guest guest

The biggest organization on the block is always going to have *more* than its fair share of detractors, problems, scandals, mis-fires, loose ends, and critics. Like 'em or not, PETA is the proverbial 800 lb gorilla of the veg scene, and they have their target audience for their philosophy: young people who aren't already set in their ways and habits.

i'd guess that the ratio of over 35/under 35 folks who adopt veg lifestyles is very high, so instead of creating ads featuring ed mcmahon pushing boca burgers and depends, they use the imagery and iconography (sex, music, shock n awe) of the younger generation, in the hopes (i'm guessing) that these folks will not only become veg, but raise their kids that way.

i thought the ad was shockingly effective in the way it smuggled veg into the mainstream during the biggest advertising day in the country and one of the biggest burgz n dogz days as well. go PETA! blake

Guest guest

Hi BlakeI think the problem with PETA is quite simply the fact that they're not actually that " attractive " .... they're more like the really uncool kid trying desperately to be seen as cool... and inevitably just getting laughed at. Or, perhaps, more like the dirty old man trying to be sexy.

Thing is, I don't want to be associated with the dirty old man of the animal rights movement!BBPeter2009/2/3 Blake Wilson <mbw

The biggest organization on the block is always going to have *more* than its fair share of detractors, problems, scandals, mis-fires, loose ends, and critics. Like 'em or not, PETA is the proverbial 800 lb gorilla of the veg scene, and they have their target audience for their philosophy: young people who aren't already set in their ways and habits.

i'd guess that the ratio of over 35/under 35 folks who adopt veg lifestyles is very high, so instead of creating ads featuring ed mcmahon pushing boca burgers and depends, they use the imagery and iconography (sex, music, shock n awe) of the younger generation, in the hopes (i'm guessing) that these folks will not only become veg, but raise their kids that way.

i thought the ad was shockingly effective in the way it smuggled veg into the mainstream during the biggest advertising day in the country and one of the biggest burgz n dogz days as well. go PETA! blake

Guest guest

Thats very negative Peter?

Peter vv

Peter Kebbell <metalscarab Sent: Tuesday, 3 February, 2009 6:22:54 PMRe: FW: PETA pulls a lame stunt - Ads of the Weird on msnbc.com

Maybe so... but that's why they'll never succeed!BBPeter

2009/2/3 fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.net>

get people's attention.

Peter Kebbell Feb 3, 2009 9:13 AM @gro ups.com Re: FW: PETA pulls a lame stunt - Ads of the Weird on msnbc.com

Hi FraggleHmmmm - I just disagree with their concept there. Any publicity is good publicity when you're trying to sell a product. It's great to appear on loads of news stations to sell your latest bottle of coke, and even better if you don't have to say too much about the product itself....But animal rights is never going to spread that way. People aren't going to say "oh yeah, I've heard of PETA, I'm going to go veggie". PETA aren't selling a brand, they're spreading an ideal, and the only way to do that is to get the information out there so that people can make informed decisions. It's absolutely no use just getting the name of the brand on the news.BBPeter

well...

heartwerk Feb 2, 2009 11:46 PM @gro ups.com Re: FW: PETA pulls a lame stunt - Ads of the Weird on msnbc.com

I read about it last week. I find PETA to be a continual embarrassment to the animal rights movement - it puts many people off associating themselves with it.Jo@gro ups.com, "CKG" <cynthiaandtheothers

wrote:>> SORRY! I should have put a warning on this or something because the readers'> comments at the end are very off-color for those who do not like that sort> of thing. Cyn> > > > @gro ups.com [@gro ups.com] On> Behalf Of CKG> Monday, February 02, 2009 6:23 PM> @gro ups.com> PETA pulls a lame stunt - Ads of the Weird on> msnbc.com> > > > Sheesh. Did anyone hear about this PETA ad that was turned down for the> Super (Stupor?) Bowl?? Cyn> > > > Latest post from Ads of the Weird: PETA pulls a lame stunt> (http://adblog. msnbc.msn. com/archive/ 2009/01/27/ 1763315.aspx)>

--George W. Bush

--George W. Bush

Guest guest

I tottaly agree........

Peter vv

fraggle <EBbrewpunx Sent: Tuesday, 3 February, 2009 6:05:56 PMRe: FW: PETA pulls a lame stunt - Ads of the Weird on msnbc.com

get people's attention.

Peter Kebbell Feb 3, 2009 9:13 AM @gro ups.com Re: FW: PETA pulls a lame stunt - Ads of the Weird on msnbc.com

well...

heartwerk Feb 2, 2009 11:46 PM @gro ups.com Re: FW: PETA pulls a lame stunt - Ads of the Weird on msnbc.com

I read about it last week. I find PETA to be a continual embarrassment to the animal rights movement - it puts many people off associating themselves with it.Jo@gro ups.com, "CKG" <cynthiaandtheothers

wrote:>> SORRY! I should have put a warning on this or something because the readers'> comments at the end are very off-color for those who do not like that sort> of thing. Cyn> > > > @gro ups.com [@gro ups.com] On> Behalf Of CKG> Monday, February 02, 2009 6:23 PM> @gro ups.com> PETA pulls a lame stunt - Ads of the Weird on> msnbc.com> > > > Sheesh. Did anyone hear about this PETA ad that was turned down for the> Super (Stupor?) Bowl?? Cyn> > > > Latest post from Ads of the Weird: PETA pulls a lame stunt> (http://adblog. msnbc.msn. com/archive/ 2009/01/27/ 1763315.aspx)>

--George W. Bush

--George W. Bush

Guest guest

Thats just it Jo, they have no interest in your generation.No good preaching to the converted.........

Peter vv

jo.heartwork <jo.heartwork Sent: Tuesday, 3 February, 2009 5:32:12 PMRe: FW: PETA pulls a lame stunt - Ads of the Weird on msnbc.com

Jo

-

fraggle

@gro ups.com

well...

I read about it last week. I find PETA to be a continual embarrassment to the animal rights movement - it puts many people off associating themselves with it.Jo@gro ups.com, "CKG" <cynthiaandtheother s wrote:>> SORRY! I should have put a warning on this or something because the readers'> comments at the end are very off-color for those who do not like that sort> of thing. Cyn> > > > @gro ups.com [@gro ups.com] On>

Behalf Of CKG> Monday, February 02, 2009 6:23 PM> @gro ups.com> PETA pulls a lame stunt - Ads of the Weird on> msnbc.com> > > > Sheesh. Did anyone hear about this PETA ad that was turned down for the> Super (Stupor?) Bowl?? Cyn> > > > Latest post from Ads of the Weird: PETA pulls a lame stunt> (http://adblog. msnbc.msn. com/archive/ 2009/01/27/ 1763315.aspx)>"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

--George W. Bush

Guest guest

"I'm beginning to think they're the covert wing of the meat marketing board."

very odd comment to make?

I must be on a tottaly different wavelength to everyone today?

Peter vv

Peter <metalscarab Sent: Tuesday, 3 February, 2009 8:29:39 AMRe: PETA pulls a lame stunt - Ads of the Weird on msnbc.com

Hi Cyn

I dunno.... I thought the comments at the bottom showed a very clear intellectual divide between the meat eaters and the veggies.

Of course, you have to congratulate PETA for once again managing to distract everyone from the real issues of animal rights, and get them talking about something completely unrelated. I'm beginning to think they're the covert wing of the meat marketing board.

BB

Peter

-

CKG

@gro ups.com

SORRY! I should have put a warning on this or something because the readers’ comments at the end are very off-color for those who do not like that sort of thing. Cyn

@gro ups.com [vegan_ chat@ .com] On Behalf Of CKGMonday, February 02, 2009 6:23 PM@gro ups.com PETA pulls a lame stunt - Ads of the Weird on msnbc.com

Latest post from Ads of the Weird: PETA pulls a lame stunt (http://adblog. msnbc.msn. com/archive/ 2009/01/27/ 1763315.aspx)

Guest guest

Hi PeterSimply that if an organisation is determined to make vegetarians and vegans look like idiots, then they must have some ulterior motive.And whatever else you may think of PETA, they certainly are good at making vegetarians and vegans look like idiots!

BBPeter2009/2/3 Peter VV <swpgh01

" I'm beginning to think they're the covert wing of the meat marketing board. "

very odd comment to make?

I must be on a tottaly different wavelength to everyone today?

Peter vv

Peter <metalscarab

Tuesday, 3 February, 2009 8:29:39 AMRe: PETA pulls a lame stunt - Ads of the Weird on msnbc.com

Hi Cyn

BB

Peter

-

CKG

@gro ups.com

SORRY! I should have put a warning on this or something because the readers' comments at the end are very off-color for those who do not like that sort of thing. Cyn

@gro ups.com [vegan_ chat@ .com] On Behalf Of CKG

Monday, February 02, 2009 6:23 PM@gro ups.com PETA pulls a lame stunt - Ads of the Weird on msnbc.com

Latest post from Ads of the Weird: PETA pulls a lame stunt (http://adblog. msnbc.msn. com/archive/ 2009/01/27/ 1763315.aspx)

Guest guest

actually, i'd have to disagree with that

PETA is immensely popular with a certain bracket..

i've known and talked with lotsa people who just go apesh*t over PETA, and everything out of their mouths is "PETA PETA PETA"....

Peter Kebbell Feb 3, 2009 10:32 AM Re: Re: PETA pulls a lame stunt - Ads of the Weird on msnbc.com

Hi BlakeI think the problem with PETA is quite simply the fact that they're not actually that "attractive".... they're more like the really uncool kid trying desperately to be seen as cool... and inevitably just getting laughed at. Or, perhaps, more like the dirty old man trying to be sexy.Thing is, I don't want to be associated with the dirty old man of the animal rights movement!BBPeter

2009/2/3 Blake Wilson <mbw

The biggest organization on the block is always going to have *more* than its fair share of detractors, problems, scandals, mis-fires, loose ends, and critics. Like 'em or not, PETA is the proverbial 800 lb gorilla of the veg scene, and they have their target audience for their philosophy: young people who aren't already set in their ways and habits. i'd guess that the ratio of over 35/under 35 folks who adopt veg lifestyles is very high, so instead of creating ads featuring ed mcmahon pushing boca burgers and depends, they use the imagery and iconography (sex, music, shock n awe) of the younger generation, in the hopes (i'm guessing) that these folks will not only become veg, but raise their kids that way. i thought the ad was shockingly effective in the way it smuggled veg into the mainstream during the biggest advertising day in the country and one of the biggest burgz n dogz days as well. go PETA! blake

--George W. Bush

Guest guest

It's a shame they've misjudged it, isn't it?

Jo

-

fraggle

Tuesday, February 03, 2009 6:05 PM

get people's attention.

Peter Kebbell Feb 3, 2009 9:13 AM Re: FW: PETA pulls a lame stunt - Ads of the Weird on msnbc.com

2009/2/3 fraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) net>

well...

I read about it last week. I find PETA to be a continual embarrassment to the animal rights movement - it puts many people off associating themselves with it.Jo , "CKG" <cynthiaandtheothers

wrote:>> SORRY! I should have put a warning on this or something because the readers'> comments at the end are very off-color for those who do not like that sort> of thing. Cyn> > > > On> Behalf Of CKG> Monday, February 02, 2009 6:23 PM> > PETA pulls a lame stunt - Ads of the Weird on> msnbc.com> > > > Sheesh. Did anyone hear about this PETA ad that was turned down for the> Super (Stupor?) Bowl?? Cyn> > > > Latest post from Ads of the Weird: PETA pulls a lame stunt> (http://adblog.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2009/01/27/1763315.aspx)>

--George W. Bush

--George W. Bush

Guest guest

I think what has happened is highlighted by one of the comments at the bottom of the link. It said something like 'I like eating meat, and I like almost naked women - so I can have both with this video.' None of the comments even hinted that one of them might try being vegan.

Jo

-

fraggle

Tuesday, February 03, 2009 6:09 PM

to the "normal" person, animal rights already has a bad name

"oh, you mean those dirty weird granola eating hippies, always protesting something, trying to stop me from eating what i want, breaking into companies and stealing stupid rabbits. why don't they just get a jo or something"

etc and so forth...i am neither saying i support nor deny PETA's actions...i'm just saying that's the vision they are going for...

"jo.heartwork" Feb 3, 2009 9:32 AM Re: FW: PETA pulls a lame stunt - Ads of the Weird on msnbc.com

Jo

-

fraggle

well...

I read about it last week. I find PETA to be a continual embarrassment to the animal rights movement - it puts many people off associating themselves with it.Jo , "CKG" <cynthiaandtheothers wrote:>> SORRY! I should have put a warning on this or something because the readers'> comments at the end are very off-color for those who do not like that sort> of thing. Cyn> > > > On> Behalf Of CKG> Monday, February 02, 2009 6:23 PM> > PETA pulls a lame stunt - Ads of the Weird on> msnbc.com> > > > Sheesh. Did anyone hear about this PETA ad that was turned down for the> Super (Stupor?) Bowl?? Cyn> > > > Latest post from Ads of the Weird: PETA pulls a lame stunt> (http://adblog.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2009/01/27/1763315.aspx)>"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

--George W. Bush

--George W. Bush

Guest guest

I mix with mostly meat-eaters. They think it is all very stupid. They say that nothing like that is ever going to make them stop eating meat. Some of them say they quite like looking at the sexy women - but it would never encourage them to give up meat. One said they just enjoy the two types of meat on offer!! - Says it all to me.

Jo

-

clawsywp

Tuesday, February 03, 2009 5:57 PM

Re: PETA pulls a lame stunt - Ads of the Weird on msnbc.com

I jsut watched the advert, made me LOL because its so over the top.I think they do a good job getting publicity, how else would anyone get even the slightest thought of vegetarianism into peoples heads during the superbowl? I think they have to do publicty stunts to get any mention of vegetarianism into the media at all.good for them obvoiusly they got almost free publicity out of this.plus they arent aiming the adverts at people who are already vegan, they are after the people who arent.I dont like everything Peta does but i think this advert is pretty funny, and also.....just remebered i have been having 'words' with nasty little vegan hating young men lately, their arguments against veganism are like, vegans are whimps etc.. i think this advert would really help deal with that veganism isnt macho bs stereotype.(not that macho stuff isnt a bad stereotype, but i dont thnk peta is after fixing the whole world, just trying to help animals)

Guest guest

I have spoken to around 50 people here about the advert. None of them had heard of it until I mentioned it - therefore - they haven't really gained any free publicity here. When I spoke to them about it a lot of them said that if they see a headline mentioning veganism they don't bother to read it.

I think we should all try to be realistic!

Jo

-

fraggle

Tuesday, February 03, 2009 6:24 PM

Re: Re: PETA pulls a lame stunt - Ads of the Weird on msnbc.com

bing

exactly...

besides, i really don't think PETA had much of a change airng anything dirung the superbowl

so instead of shelling out $3 million for a few seconds, they got a bunch of free publicity...

sure, most ppl go "stoopid PETA", but i bet someone watched it and went to the website and went "hmmmmm"

clawsywp Feb 3, 2009 9:57 AM Re: PETA pulls a lame stunt - Ads of the Weird on msnbc.com

--George W. Bush