IndiaDivine.org

Post-vegan cleanse, Oprah eats her way through Italy

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Is there such a word as unlax? what language is this facile piece of drivel?

The British papers are having a field day with photos of Oprah Winfrey eating and drinking while vacationing in Italy.

And they can't help point out that she's packing in the pasta and packing on the pounds, after her recent self-imposed 21-day vegan detox cleanse inspired by "Quantum Wellness."

OK, so she looks a little heftier than she did, above, at "The Great Debaters" premiere in December 2007.

But leave our O-Win alone! Can't a girl unlax and enjoy her European vacation?

Everyone puts on weight on a vay-kay, right?

I've never known anyone to lose any on a trip to Italy.

Peter vv

Not happy with your email address?

Get the one you really want - millions of new email addresses available now at

Guest guest

while on the one paw, yeah its drivel

on the other...what is it that gets you Ukers all a -tizzy about language

new words are born everyday....

unlax dude

hahahhahahahahahaha

Peter VV Jul 8, 2008 11:57 AM Re: Post-vegan cleanse, Oprah eats her way through Italy

The British papers are having a field day with photos of Oprah Winfrey eating and drinking while vacationing in Italy.

And they can't help point out that she's packing in the pasta and packing on the pounds, after her recent self-imposed 21-day vegan detox cleanse inspired by "Quantum Wellness."

OK, so she looks a little heftier than she did, above, at "The Great Debaters" premiere in December 2007.

Peter vv

Not happy with your email address? Get the one you really want - millions of new email addresses available now at

With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

Guest guest

Dude?

Thats practically an ancient language to you yanks?

Origin: 1880–85, Americanism; orig. uncert

Peter vv

fraggle <EBbrewpunx Sent: Tuesday, 8 July, 2008 9:16:45 PMRe: Post-vegan cleanse, Oprah eats her way through Italy

while on the one paw, yeah its drivel

on the other...what is it that gets you Ukers all a -tizzy about language

new words are born everyday....

unlax dude

hahahhahahahahahaha

Peter VV Jul 8, 2008 11:57 AM @gro ups.com Re: Post-vegan cleanse, Oprah eats her way through Italy

Peter vv

Not happy with your email address? Get the one you really want - millions of new email addresses available now at

With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

Guest guest

There is no such word in the OED.

Jo

, Peter VV <swpgh01 wrote:

>

> Is there such a word as unlax? what language is this facile piece

of drivel?

> Post-vegan cleanse, Oprah eats her way through Italy

>

> The British papers are having a field day with photos of Oprah

Winfrey eating and drinking while vacationing in Italy.

> And they can't help point out that she's packing in the pasta and

packing on the pounds, after her recent self-imposed 21-day vegan

detox cleanse inspired by " Quantum Wellness. "

> OK, so she looks a little heftier than she did, above, at " The

Great Debaters " premiere in December 2007.

> But leave our O-Win alone! Can't a girl unlax and enjoy her

European vacation?

> Everyone puts on weight on a vay-kay, right?

> I've never known anyone to lose any on a trip to Italy.

>  

> Peter vv

>

>

> ________

> Not happy with your email address?.

> Get the one you really want - millions of new email addresses

available now at http://uk.docs./ymail/new.html

>

Guest guest

Well - maybe we like language to make sense.

If there had been such a word as 'unlax' it would mean 'tighten'.

So this person is saying that while on holiday Oprah should be allowed

to tighten. I'm sure we can all see the stupidity of this, as he/she

presumably meant that Oprah should be allowed to relax (the exact

opposite of tighten).

If a person is a professional writer they should be able to express

themselves correctly and use correct English (if that is the language

they are apparently using).

Jo

Guest guest

Verily, and yon varlet shouldst hath his scribers instrument taken in twain

prithee, how else can we protect our gentle speak from thee knave...

heartwerk Jul 8, 2008 11:51 PM Re: Post-vegan cleanse, Oprah eats her way through Italy

Well - maybe we like language to make sense.If there had been such a word as 'unlax' it would mean 'tighten'.So this person is saying that while on holiday Oprah should be allowed to tighten. I'm sure we can all see the stupidity of this, as he/she presumably meant that Oprah should be allowed to relax (the exact opposite of tighten).If a person is a professional writer they should be able to express themselves correctly and use correct English (if that is the language they are apparently using).Jo

Guest guest

My English-Russian dictionary already contains the word " unlax " ,

marked as " American English " and " informal " , but still...

, Peter VV <swpgh01 wrote:

>

> Is there such a word as unlax? what language is this facile piece

of drivel?

> Post-vegan cleanse, Oprah eats her way through Italy

>

> The British papers are having a field day with photos of Oprah

Winfrey eating and drinking while vacationing in Italy.

> And they can't help point out that she's packing in the pasta and

packing on the pounds, after her recent self-imposed 21-day vegan

detox cleanse inspired by " Quantum Wellness. "

> OK, so she looks a little heftier than she did, above, at " The

Great Debaters " premiere in December 2007.

> But leave our O-Win alone! Can't a girl unlax and enjoy her

European vacation?

> Everyone puts on weight on a vay-kay, right?

> I've never known anyone to lose any on a trip to Italy.

>  

> Peter vv

>

>

> ________

> Not happy with your email address?.

> Get the one you really want - millions of new email addresses

available now at http://uk.docs./ymail/new.html

>

Guest guest

Well, that certainly was a mixture of percived olde English, and nonsense.And as for calling Jo a knave, well, well well.........

Peter vv

fraggle <EBbrewpunx Sent: Wednesday, 9 July, 2008 3:46:17 PMRe: Re: Post-vegan cleanse, Oprah eats her way through Italy

heartwerk Jul 8, 2008 11:51 PM @gro ups.com Re: Post-vegan cleanse, Oprah eats her way through Italy

Well - maybe we like language to make sense.If there had been such a word as 'unlax' it would mean 'tighten'.So this person is saying that while on holiday Oprah should be allowed to tighten. I'm sure we can all see the stupidity of this, as he/she presumably meant that Oprah should be allowed to relax (the exact opposite of tighten).If a person is a professional writer they should be able to express themselves correctly and use correct English (if that is the language they are apparently using).Jo

Guest guest

Hi Fraggle> Verily, and yon varlet shouldst hath his scribers instrument taken in twain

Surely that should be " cleft in twain " :-)BBPeter

Guest guest

perhaps he meant "taken in vain"? you never can tell with those yanks.........he,he,he....

Peter vv

Peter Kebbell <metalscarab Sent: Wednesday, 9 July, 2008 6:59:37 PMRe: Re: Post-vegan cleanse, Oprah eats her way through Italy

Hi Fraggle

> Verily, and yon varlet shouldst hath his scribers instrument taken in twainSurely that should be "cleft in twain" :-)BBPeter

Guest guest

Mine honor hath been besmirched!

and you turtle poop, i was calling Jo the knave...sheesh

Peter VV Jul 9, 2008 10:33 AM Re: Re: Post-vegan cleanse, Oprah eats her way through Italy

Well, that certainly was a mixture of percived olde English, and nonsense.And as for calling Jo a knave, well, well well.........

Peter vv

fraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) net> Sent: Wednesday, 9 July, 2008 3:46:17 PMRe: Re: Post-vegan cleanse, Oprah eats her way through Italy

heartwerk Jul 8, 2008 11:51 PM @gro ups.com Re: Post-vegan cleanse, Oprah eats her way through Italy

Well - maybe we like language to make sense.If there had been such a word as 'unlax' it would mean 'tighten'.So this person is saying that while on holiday Oprah should be allowed to tighten. I'm sure we can all see the stupidity of this, as he/she presumably meant that Oprah should be allowed to relax (the exact opposite of tighten).If a person is a professional writer they should be able to express themselves correctly and use correct English (if that is the language they are apparently using).JoWith the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

Guest guest

Verily!

yon cake of soy hath taken thee requistie verbage from thine mind!

ok, i'll stop now...

Peter Kebbell Jul 9, 2008 10:59 AM Re: Re: Post-vegan cleanse, Oprah eats her way through Italy

Hi Fraggle

> Verily, and yon varlet shouldst hath his scribers instrument taken in twainSurely that should be "cleft in twain" :-)BBPeter

Guest guest

So basically you were calling Jo a dishonest or untrustworthy person, or a male servant?

Peter vv

fraggle <EBbrewpunx Sent: Wednesday, 9 July, 2008 9:56:20 PMRe: Re: Post-vegan cleanse, Oprah eats her way through Italy

Peter VV Jul 9, 2008 10:33 AM @gro ups.com Re: Re: Post-vegan cleanse, Oprah eats her way through Italy

Well, that certainly was a mixture of percived olde English, and nonsense.And as for calling Jo a knave, well, well well........ .

Peter vv

fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.net>@gro ups.comWednesday, 9 July, 2008 3:46:17 PMRe: Re: Post-vegan cleanse, Oprah eats her way through Italy

Well - maybe we like language to make sense.If there had been such a word as 'unlax' it would mean 'tighten'.So this person is saying that while on holiday Oprah should be allowed to tighten. I'm sure we can all see the stupidity of this, as he/she presumably meant that Oprah should be allowed to relax (the exact opposite of tighten).If a person is a professional writer they should be able to express themselves correctly and use correct English (if that is the language they are apparently using).JoWith the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

Guest guest

Best you give up while you are behind.

Lets face it you will never master the language.

Teach you to be independant.............:)

Peter vv

fraggle <EBbrewpunx Sent: Wednesday, 9 July, 2008 9:58:11 PMRe: Re: Post-vegan cleanse, Oprah eats her way through Italy

Verily!

yon cake of soy hath taken thee requistie verbage from thine mind!

ok, i'll stop now...

Peter Kebbell Jul 9, 2008 10:59 AM @gro ups.com Re: Re: Post-vegan cleanse, Oprah eats her way through Italy

Hi Fraggle

Guest guest

actually that was supposed to say " i WASN'T" calling jo a knave

i was speaking of the writer

my fingers type slower then my brain

and, yer still a turtle poop

Peter VV Jul 9, 2008 2:00 PM Re: Re: Post-vegan cleanse, Oprah eats her way through Italy

So basically you were calling Jo a dishonest or untrustworthy person, or a male servant?

Peter vv

fraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) net> Sent: Wednesday, 9 July, 2008 9:56:20 PMRe: Re: Post-vegan cleanse, Oprah eats her way through Italy

Peter VV Jul 9, 2008 10:33 AM @gro ups.com Re: Re: Post-vegan cleanse, Oprah eats her way through Italy

Well, that certainly was a mixture of percived olde English, and nonsense.And as for calling Jo a knave, well, well well........ .

Peter vv

fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.net>@gro ups.comWednesday, 9 July, 2008 3:46:17 PMRe: Re: Post-vegan cleanse, Oprah eats her way through Italy

Not happy with your email address? Get the one you really want - millions of new email addresses available now at With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

Guest guest

then why do they baaa behind your back like that?

i would figure friends wouldn't do that to each other....

Peter VV Jul 9, 2008 2:02 PM Re: Re: Post-vegan cleanse, Oprah eats her way through Italy

why chase them?, they dont like that....and they are all my friends.

Peter vv

fraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) net> Sent: Wednesday, 9 July, 2008 9:58:46 PMRe: Re: Post-vegan cleanse, Oprah eats her way through Italy

don't you have some sheep to chase?

Peter VV Jul 9, 2008 12:23 PM @gro ups.com Re: Re: Post-vegan cleanse, Oprah eats her way through Italy

perhaps he meant "taken in vain"? you never can tell with those yanks....... ..he,he,he. ...

Peter vv

Peter Kebbell <metalscarab@ gmail.com>@gro ups.comWednesday, 9 July, 2008 6:59:37 PMRe: Re: Post-vegan cleanse, Oprah eats her way through Italy

Hi Fraggle

Not happy with your email address? Get the one you really want - millions of new email addresses available now at With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

Guest guest

not very good at digging yourself out of a hole are you.....:)

and thanks for the compliment, you have shown that you are a true gent.

I havent had a drink for 3 days now.............

Peter vv

fraggle <EBbrewpunx Sent: Wednesday, 9 July, 2008 10:02:56 PMRe: Re: Post-vegan cleanse, Oprah eats her way through Italy

actually that was supposed to say " i WASN'T" calling jo a knave

i was speaking of the writer

my fingers type slower then my brain

and, yer still a turtle poop

Peter VV Jul 9, 2008 2:00 PM @gro ups.com Re: Re: Post-vegan cleanse, Oprah eats her way through Italy

Peter vv

fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.net>@gro ups.comWednesday, 9 July, 2008 9:56:20 PMRe: Re: Post-vegan cleanse, Oprah eats her way through Italy

Peter vv

Guest guest

They are sheep, its all they know.

Peter vv

fraggle <EBbrewpunx Sent: Wednesday, 9 July, 2008 10:05:57 PMRe: Re: Post-vegan cleanse, Oprah eats her way through Italy

Peter VV Jul 9, 2008 2:02 PM @gro ups.com Re: Re: Post-vegan cleanse, Oprah eats her way through Italy

Peter vv

fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.net>@gro ups.comWednesday, 9 July, 2008 9:58:46 PMRe: Re: Post-vegan cleanse, Oprah eats her way through Italy

Peter VV Jul 9, 2008 12:23 PM @gro ups.com Re: Re: Post-vegan cleanse, Oprah eats her way through Italy

perhaps he meant "taken in vain"? you never can tell with those yanks....... ..he,he,he. ...

Peter vv

Peter Kebbell <metalscarab@ gmail.com>@gro ups.comWednesday, 9 July, 2008 6:59:37 PMRe: Re: Post-vegan cleanse, Oprah eats her way through Italy

Hi Fraggle

Guest guest

How baaaad of them! They should be fleeced.

On Wed, Jul 9, 2008 at 5:10 PM, Peter VV <swpgh01 wrote:

Peter vv

fraggle <EBbrewpunx

Wednesday, 9 July, 2008 10:05:57 PMRe: Re: Post-vegan cleanse, Oprah eats her way through Italy

Peter VV

Jul 9, 2008 2:02 PM @gro ups.com Re: Re: Post-vegan cleanse, Oprah eats her way through Italy

Peter vv

fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.net>@gro ups.com

Wednesday, 9 July, 2008 9:58:46 PMRe: Re: Post-vegan cleanse, Oprah eats her way through Italy

Peter VV

Jul 9, 2008 12:23 PM @gro ups.com Re: Re: Post-vegan cleanse, Oprah eats her way through Italy

perhaps he meant " taken in vain " ? you never can tell with those yanks....... ..he,he,he. ...

Peter vv

Peter Kebbell <metalscarab@ gmail.com>

@gro ups.com

Wednesday, 9 July, 2008 6:59:37 PMRe: Re: Post-vegan cleanse, Oprah eats her way through Italy

Hi Fraggle

> Verily, and yon varlet shouldst hath his scribers instrument taken in twain

Not happy with your email address? Get the one you really want - millions of new email addresses available now at -- Email: bluerose156AIM: A Blue Rose 156 YM: blue_rose_156

http://x-bluerose-x.livejournal.com~Boston_GothicBoston_Mystic

Boston-Pagans

Guest guest

Steady now, or they may just tell you to flock off............

Peter vv

Blue Rose <bluerose156 Sent: Wednesday, 9 July, 2008 10:11:01 PMRe: Re: Post-vegan cleanse, Oprah eats her way through Italy

On Wed, Jul 9, 2008 at 5:10 PM, Peter VV <swpgh01 (AT) talk21 (DOT) com> wrote:

Peter vv

Wednesday, 9 July, 2008 10:05:57 PMRe: Re: Post-vegan cleanse, Oprah eats her way through Italy

Peter VV

Jul 9, 2008 2:02 PM @gro ups.com Re: Re: Post-vegan cleanse, Oprah eats her way through Italy

Peter vv

Wednesday, 9 July, 2008 9:58:46 PMRe: Re: Post-vegan cleanse, Oprah eats her way through Italy

Peter VV

Jul 9, 2008 12:23 PM @gro ups.com Re: Re: Post-vegan cleanse, Oprah eats her way through Italy

Peter vv

@gro ups.com

Wednesday, 9 July, 2008 6:59:37 PMRe: Re: Post-vegan cleanse, Oprah eats her way through Italy

Hi Fraggle

Surely that should be "cleft in twain" :-)BBPeter

Not happy with your email address? Get the one you really want - millions of new email addresses available now at -- Email: bluerose156@ gmail.comAIM: A Blue Rose 156 YM: blue_rose_156http://x-bluerose- x.livejournal. com~http://groups. / group/Boston_ Gothichttp://groups. / group/Boston_ Mystichttp://groups. / group/Boston- Pagans

Guest guest

I'd feel real sheepish if they did...

On Wed, Jul 9, 2008 at 5:12 PM, Peter VV <swpgh01 wrote:

Steady now, or they may just tell you to flock off............

Peter vv

Blue Rose <bluerose156

Wednesday, 9 July, 2008 10:11:01 PMRe: Re: Post-vegan cleanse, Oprah eats her way through Italy

Peter vv

Peter VV

Peter vv

Peter VV

perhaps he meant " taken in vain " ? you never can tell with those yanks....... ..he,he,he. ...

Peter vv

@gro ups.com

Hi Fraggle

-- Email: bluerose156@ gmail.comAIM: A Blue Rose 156 YM: blue_rose_156http://x-bluerose- x.livejournal. com

~http://groups. / group/Boston_ Gothichttp://groups. / group/Boston_ Mystic

http://groups. / group/Boston- Pagans

Not happy with your email address? Get the one you really want - millions of new email addresses available now at -- Email: bluerose156AIM: A Blue Rose 156 YM: blue_rose_156

http://x-bluerose-x.livejournal.com~Boston_GothicBoston_Mystic

Boston-Pagans

Guest guest

Did it say what it means?

Jo

-

Lena

Wednesday, July 09, 2008 4:07 PM

Re: Post-vegan cleanse, Oprah eats her way through Italy

My English-Russian dictionary already contains the word "unlax", marked as "American English" and "informal", but still... , Peter VV <swpgh01 wrote:>> Is there such a word as unlax? what language is this facile piece of drivel?> Post-vegan cleanse, Oprah eats her way through Italy> > The British papers are having a field day with photos of Oprah Winfrey eating and drinking while vacationing in Italy. > And they can't help point out that she's packing in the pasta and packing on the pounds, after her recent self-imposed 21-day vegan detox cleanse inspired by "Quantum Wellness."> OK, so she looks a little heftier than she did, above, at "The Great Debaters" premiere in December 2007. > But leave our O-Win alone! Can't a girl unlax and enjoy her European vacation? > Everyone puts on weight on a vay-kay, right? > I've never known anyone to lose any on a trip to Italy.> Â > Peter vv> > > ________> Not happy with your email address?.> Get the one you really want - millions of new email addresses available now at http://uk.docs./ymail/new.html>

Guest guest

the little wooly jumpers can pull the wool over your eyes, by shear force...........if you are on the lamb, ewe better beware, sorry to ram these down your throat.....

Peter vv

Blue Rose <bluerose156 Sent: Wednesday, 9 July, 2008 10:14:06 PMRe: Re: Post-vegan cleanse, Oprah eats her way through Italy

I'd feel real sheepish if they did...

On Wed, Jul 9, 2008 at 5:12 PM, Peter VV <swpgh01 (AT) talk21 (DOT) com> wrote:

Steady now, or they may just tell you to flock off......... ...

Peter vv

Blue Rose <bluerose156@ gmail.com>@gro ups.com

Wednesday, 9 July, 2008 10:11:01 PMRe: Re: Post-vegan cleanse, Oprah eats her way through Italy

Peter vv

Peter VV

Peter vv

Peter VV

Peter vv

@gro ups.com

Hi Fraggle

Surely that should be "cleft in twain" :-)BBPeter

-- Email: bluerose156@ gmail.comAIM: A Blue Rose 156 YM: blue_rose_156http://x-bluerose- x.livejournal. com~http://groups. / group/Boston_ Gothichttp://groups. / group/Boston_ Mystichttp://groups. / group/Boston- Pagans

Not happy with your email address? Get the one you really want - millions of new email addresses available now at -- Email: bluerose156@ gmail.comAIM: A Blue Rose 156 YM: blue_rose_156http://x-bluerose- x.livejournal. com~http://groups. / group/Boston_ Gothichttp://groups. / group/Boston_ Mystichttp://groups. / group/Boston- Pagans

Guest guest

but I'm not a knave!

Jo

-

fraggle

Wednesday, July 09, 2008 9:56 PM

Re: Re: Post-vegan cleanse, Oprah eats her way through Italy

Peter VV Jul 9, 2008 10:33 AM Re: Re: Post-vegan cleanse, Oprah eats her way through Italy

Peter vv

fraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) net> Sent: Wednesday, 9 July, 2008 3:46:17 PMRe: Re: Post-vegan cleanse, Oprah eats her way through Italy

Guest guest

It says " unlax " means the same as " relax " (they also give an

example: " I just can't wait to get home and unlax. " ), which is weird

provided that they have these very different prefixes.

I can't think of any other pair of English words which begin with re-

and un- and have the same meaning.

, " jo " <jo.heartwork wrote:

>

> Did it say what it means?

>

> Jo

>

> -

> Lena

>

> Wednesday, July 09, 2008 4:07 PM

> Re: Post-vegan cleanse, Oprah eats her way

through Italy

>

>

> My English-Russian dictionary already contains the word " unlax " ,

> marked as " American English " and " informal " , but still...

>

> , Peter VV <swpgh01@> wrote:

> >

> > Is there such a word as unlax? what language is this facile

piece

> of drivel?

> > Post-vegan cleanse, Oprah eats her way through Italy

> >

> > The British papers are having a field day with photos of Oprah

> Winfrey eating and drinking while vacationing in Italy.

> > And they can't help point out that she's packing in the pasta

and

> packing on the pounds, after her recent self-imposed 21-day

vegan

> detox cleanse inspired by " Quantum Wellness. "

> > OK, so she looks a little heftier than she did, above, at " The

> Great Debaters " premiere in December 2007.

> > But leave our O-Win alone! Can't a girl unlax and enjoy her

> European vacation?

> > Everyone puts on weight on a vay-kay, right?

> > I've never known anyone to lose any on a trip to Italy.

> >  

> > Peter vv

> >

> >

> > ________

> > Not happy with your email address?.

> > Get the one you really want - millions of new email addresses

> available now at http://uk.docs./ymail/new.html

> >

>