IndiaDivine.org

spray oils

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Lecithin is not always vegan but is usually I believe.

Lesley

Viv [vc27]27 July 2002 01:04 Subject: RE: Re: spray oils

But it's the alcohol that counteracts the bad effects of the other stuff. Especially taken in large quantities - you'll find it can get rid of most of what you've imbibed earlier.

Actually, I've got some Fry Light that I bought last year & haven't got around to using yet (gonna try it with the muck dock...) and it says "suitable for vegetarians". Ingredients are sunflower oil (58%), water, grain alcohol, emulsifier: lecithin, antioxidant: vitamin e. Couldn't tell you if it works tho. Prob better to stick to olive oil, perhaps in a spray like jojo suggested.

Viv

Janey [janey]Friday, July 26, 2002 7:38 AM Subject: Re: Re: spray oils

I'm not following a rawfood diet anymore, but I have shared this witheveryone. Its no secret.As to the spray oil, I haven't used any yet. I was just asking if any werevegan. But as Fraggle pointed out apparently they aren't even healthy, so Iam happy for my enquiries to end there. I'll just stick to good old healthyolive oil! :-)But I don't drink alcohol so I am good in that sense. :-)Janeyx

To send an email to -

Guest guest

I know that. But it's definitely not from a dead animal source as it's "suitable for vegetarians" and I just haven't got around to asking them if it's vegan yet. Be out of date soon anyway so I'll prob never get around to using it. Usually use sunflower oil, olive oil's a bit too oily tasting for me and I can always taste it. Was cutting it with sunflower but it ran out & haven't replaced it. Don't use an awful lot of oil anyway so the sunflower's prob not doing me too much harm.

Lesley Dove [Lesley]Saturday, July 27, 2002 12:02 PM Subject: RE: Re: spray oils

Lesley

Actually, I've got some Fry Light that I bought last year & haven't got around to using yet (gonna try it with the muck dock...) and it says "suitable for vegetarians". Ingredients are sunflower oil (58%), water, grain alcohol, emulsifier: lecithin, antioxidant: vitamin e. Couldn't tell you if it works tho. Prob better to stick to olive oil, perhaps in a spray like jojo suggested.

Viv

Guest guest

I have to confess it that I tend to trust lecithin as I heard that it is usually from soya, and relatively rarely from egg or dairy.

Should always ask the company I suppose, sometimes do.

Lesley

Viv [vc27]27 July 2002 12:57 Subject: RE: Re: spray oils

I know that. But it's definitely not from a dead animal source as it's "suitable for vegetarians" and I just haven't got around to asking them if it's vegan yet. Be out of date soon anyway so I'll prob never get around to using it. Usually use sunflower oil, olive oil's a bit too oily tasting for me and I can always taste it. Was cutting it with sunflower but it ran out & haven't replaced it. Don't use an awful lot of oil anyway so the sunflower's prob not doing me too much harm.

Lesley Dove [Lesley]Saturday, July 27, 2002 12:02 PM Subject: RE: Re: spray oils

Lesley

Viv

To send an email to -

Guest guest

B " H

I believe that lecithin is an element of egg yolks in addition to

being from soy....

Debbie

Lesley

Guest guest

Lecithin can also be taken from eggs, but commercially I believe it is

easier and cheaper to use soya lecithing, and therefore, that is what is

normally used.

Jo

> B " H

>

> I believe that lecithin is an element of egg yolks in addition to

> being from soy....

>

> Debbie

>

>

> Lecithin is not always vegan but is usually I believe.

>

> Lesley

>

>

>

> To send an email to -

>

>

Guest guest

Looked it up once, apparently, it can also come from sperm... Not sure if I'll use the stuff now!

Viv

Heartwork [Heartwork]Sunday, July 28, 2002 1:21 PM Subject: Re: Re: spray oilsLecithin can also be taken from eggs, but commercially I believe it iseasier and cheaper to use soya lecithing, and therefore, that is what isnormally used.Jo> B"H>> I believe that lecithin is an element of egg yolks in addition to> being from soy....>> Debbie>>> Lecithin is not always vegan but is usually I believe.>> Lesley>

Guest guest

Wow, Viv, thank you! That is completely unsavory. Now I am *really* glad I only eat it if it specifies soy lecithin... blenh :P

-- jojo

Viv wrote:

Looked it up once, apparently, it can also come from sperm... Not sure if I'll use the stuff now!

Viv

Heartwork [Heartwork]Sunday, July 28, 2002 1:21 PM Subject: Re: Re: spray oilsLecithin can also be taken from eggs, but commercially I believe it iseasier and cheaper to use soya lecithing, and therefore, that is what isnormally used.Jo> B"H>> I believe that lecithin is an element of egg yolks in addition to> being from soy....>> Debbie>>> Lecithin is not always vegan but is usually I believe.>> Lesley>To send an email to -

Guest guest

Hi Jojo,

my wife bought a can of cheap off-brand spray oil and it does not list grain alchohol as one of the ingredients. I looked at some name brands at the store and sure enough, they mostly list that alchohol on their ingredient list.

Live and learn ....

Werner.

----

Sunday, July 28, 2002 1:38:03 PM

RE: Re: spray oils

Wow, Viv, thank you! That is completely unsavory. Now I am *really* glad I only eat it if it specifies soy lecithin... blenh :P -- jojo Viv wrote:

Viv

Heartwork [Heartwork]Sunday, July 28, 2002 1:21 PM Subject: Re: Re: spray oilsLecithin can also be taken from eggs, but commercially I believe it iseasier and cheaper to use soya lecithing, and therefore, that is what isnormally used.Jo> B"H>> I believe that lecithin is an element of egg yolks in addition to> being from soy....>> Debbie>>> Lecithin is not always vegan but is usually I believe.>> Lesley>To send an email to -

Guest guest

Thanks, Werner ;)

- jojo

Werner wrote:

Hi Jojo,

my wife bought a can of cheap off-brand spray oil and it does not list grain alchohol as one of the ingredients. I looked at some name brands at the store and sure enough, they mostly list that alchohol on their ingredient list.

Live and learn ....

Werner.

----

Sunday, July 28, 2002 1:38:03 PM

RE: Re: spray oils

Wow, Viv, thank you! That is completely unsavory. Now I am *really* glad I only eat it if it specifies soy lecithin... blenh :P -- jojo Viv wrote:

Viv

Guest guest

lecithin eh?

do they only use soy lecithin over in jolly ol england? er could it be made from

animals???

sorry if this was brought up already, haven't cheacked my e-mail all

weekend...woohoo..700 e-mails to go!!!

:)

fraggle

" Viv " <vc27 wrote:

>But it's the alcohol that counteracts the bad effects of the other stuff.

>Especially taken in large quantities - you'll find it can get rid of most of

>what you've imbibed earlier.

>

>Actually, I've got some Fry Light that I bought last year & haven't got

>around to using yet (gonna try it with the muck dock...) and it says

> " suitable for vegetarians " . Ingredients are sunflower oil (58%), water,

>grain alcohol, emulsifier: lecithin, antioxidant: vitamin e. Couldn't tell

>you if it works tho. Prob better to stick to olive oil, perhaps in a spray

>like jojo suggested.

>

>Viv

>

>  

>  Janey [janey]

>  Friday, July 26, 2002 7:38 AM

>  

>  Re: Re: spray oils

>

>

>  I'm not following a rawfood diet anymore, but I have shared this with

>  everyone.  Its no secret.

>

>  As to the spray oil, I haven't used any yet.  I was just asking if any

>were

>  vegan.  But as Fraggle pointed out apparently they aren't even healthy, so

>I

>  am happy for my enquiries to end there.  I'll just stick to good old

>healthy

>  olive oil!  :-)

>

>  But I don't drink alcohol so I am good in that sense.  :-)

>

>  Janey

>  x

>

>

>

>---

>Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

>Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).

>Version: 6.0.377 / Virus Database: 211 - Release 15/07/02

>