IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Zucchini Pie - great recipe Thanks Susie

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I've been looking thru my computer and postimng some of the oldies. This is an absolute favorite. I even grate one carrot into the mixture .

Enjoy your evening! Donna"artichoke72x" <artichoke72x wrote:

ahhhh, donna's zucchini pie. i love this recipe. imake it quite often now. the last time i made it, iused rice mozzarella shreds and added some choppedartichoke hearts......it was great. i've subbed speltflour for wheat flour and it turned out fine. i addfresh cilantro instead of basil or parsley. youreally can't lose with this recipe.susie--- purplepassion <thelilacflower wrote:> This is probably my most requested recipe. I always> make one for every potluck> at work. Tastes like a quiche but contains no milk> and there's no crust either.> Very festive and works well on the buffet table cut> in slices in a 10" inch> glass pie plate or quiche plate.> > Zucchini Pie> 3 cups grated zucchini> 1 grated carrot

(optional)> 1 small onion chopped> 1 cup flour> 1 cup grated provolone or mild cheddar cheese (soy> or rice cheese work fine> and don't alter the taste)> 1/4 cup canola or or vegetable oil> 3 egg whites beaten or egg replacer to equal> 3 tablespoons grated parmesan (works fine if you> leave this out)> 2 teaspoons chopped basil, parsley or chives (dried> or fresh)> 1 teaspoon baking powder> 1 teaspoon kosher salt (regular or sea salt will> work fine too)> > Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine all ingredients> in a large bowl and mix> well. Spoon zucchini mixture into a 10 inch glass> pie or quiche plate that has> been coated with vegetable cooking spray. Bake for> 45-50 minutes or until> golden brown. Cool for 15 minutes before slicing.> This stores well as a> leftover for lunch the next day also.> >

> > > What you want to see, you can't. > What you think you see, isn't. (:- O> > > > > Tired of spam? Mail has the best spam> protection around > "We take a walk, the sun is shining down.Burns my feet as they touch the ground."Good Day Sunshine - Beatles