IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

new to all of this

Rate this topic

Guest guest

there are a number of vegan cheeses on the market in the US

just be sure you get a vegan one, as there are a number of " vegetarian " cheeses

out there with casien and such

as fer taste...never been a big cheese fan,e ven when i ate dead things

but...

vegan gourmet is pretty good

only had the mozarella tho....

>silverjetta041603 <silverjetta041603

>Apr 30, 2007 12:31 PM

>

> Re: new to all of this

>

>I live in St. Louis, MO

>

> , fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

>>

>> where do you reside?

>> there are a number of cheese analogs on the market....

>>

>>

>> >silverjetta041603 <silverjetta041603

>> >Apr 30, 2007 10:34 AM

>> >

>> > Re: new to all of this

>> >

>> >I'm more of a shredded cheese girl, so I'm hoping to find a

>shredded

>> >syle that I like. If I've got used to tofu and soy milk and

>> >actually like it, I think I can get used to anything...haha

>> >

>> >

>>

>>

>> Don't know, don't care, don't talk, don't stare, don't know, don't

>care

>> We live in fear the end is near and we are easy to control

>> It's an orange alert

>>

>

>

>

>

>To send an email to -

>

Guest guest

Hi Louis

> i do see where you are coming from but for me i think vegan chesse is not only better for you its tastes better what ones do you like ?

I agree on both counts! My favourite is Cheezly - particularly when eaten on crackers! I'm not so keen on Scheeze, which seems to be the favourite of most of my vegan friends, but I'm happy to eat it if it's around.

BB

Peter

Guest guest

Hi Yarrow

>I assume vegan cheeses have improved over the past 18 years! I've tried some now and then, but haven't bought any twice. Are any of them especially worth

>trying?

I'm not sure what you have in the US. The one I tend to eat is a UK based company (Redwoods Cheezly). However, it doesn't taste much like "real" cheese, and I've found that people who have expected it to be like cheese get a bit of a surprise, and therefore tend not to like it too much!

BB

Peter

Guest guest

Hi Silverjetta!

> I live in St. Louis, MO

OMG... I visited a friend in St Louis last year... and perhaps it was just

the fact that I was a visitor and didn't know where to look, but I found it

damn hard to find anywhere that had any concept of veganism... if you asked

if something was suitable for vegans, you generally got that look that said

" I don't know where Vega is " ...

BB

Peter

Guest guest

no, no cheezly or redwoods out herewe only saw it for the first time last month over in the UK...

metalscarab Apr 30, 2007 1:56 PM Re: new to all of this

Hi Yarrow

>I assume vegan cheeses have improved over the past 18 years! I've tried some now and then, but haven't bought any twice. Are any of them especially worth

>trying?

I'm not sure what you have in the US. The one I tend to eat is a UK based company (Redwoods Cheezly). However, it doesn't taste much like "real" cheese, and I've found that people who have expected it to be like cheese get a bit of a surprise, and therefore tend not to like it too much!

BB

Peter

Don't know, don't care, don't talk, don't stare, don't know, don't care

We live in fear the end is near and we are easy to control

It's an orange alert

Guest guest

[[i don't add it specifically - I use beans, lentils, nuts, seeds, rice, tofuwhich have plenty of protein. All foods do contain protein though.]]

Realistically, it is very unlikely that an adult wouldn't get enough protein with a vegan diet. The more important things to worry about are calcium and vitamin B12 (which you can get from fortified soy milk.)

Guest guest

What do you like to grate???

Jo

, peter VV <swpgh01 wrote:

>

> I would rather grate something more natural and tasty...........

>

> The Valley Vegan..............

>

> jo <jo.heartwork wrote:

> YOu can shred it yourself with a grater!

>

> Jo

>

> -

> " silverjetta041603 " <silverjetta041603

>

> Monday, April 30, 2007 6:34 PM

> Re: new to all of this

>

> > I'm more of a shredded cheese girl, so I'm hoping to find a

shredded

> > syle that I like. If I've got used to tofu and soy milk and

> > actually like it, I think I can get used to anything...haha

> >

> >

> > , " jo " <jo.heartwork@> wrote:

> > >

> > > Hi Peter

> > >

> > > I would agree with that. I quite like Cheezly but Colin cannot

> > stand it. I have just purchased a Scheese, mature Cheddar, which

> > I'm hoping will be nice.

> > >

> > > BB

> > > Jo

> > > -

> > > metalscarab

> > >

> > > Monday, April 30, 2007 8:14 AM

> > > Re: new to all of this

> > >

> > >

> > > Hi Louis / Amy

> > >

> > > I personally like some of the vegan cheeses, but I think it

> > would be a big mistake to try them thinking that they will taste

> > anything like real cheese. They have their own taste, but they're

> > not anything like cow's cheese!

> > >

> > > BB

> > > Peter

> > >

> > > -

> > > louis stott

> > >

> > > Sunday, April 29, 2007 1:15 PM

> > > Re: new to all of this

> > >

> > >

> > > have you not tryed vegan cheese then ? its 10 times better

> > >

> > > Amy Scarborough <silverjetta041603@> wrote:

> > > Hi -

> > >

> > > I'm new to all of this. About a month and a half ago, I saw

> > the movie Fast Food Nation. This led me to the PETA website. I'd

> > seen this stuff before and had been brought to tears, but this

time

> > it made an impact on me.

> > >

> > > So, I'm not eating meat or fish and transitioning away from

> > milk. Cheese will be hard for me.

> > >

> > > I didn't do this to lose weight but thought that I might.

> > It seems that I've actually gained weight. Any tips?

> > >

> > > I know patience and my continued exercise program will work

> > in the long run. I just wonder if I'm eating the wrong things.

> > >

> > > Thanks

> > >

> > > -------------------------

> > -------

> > > Ahhh...imagining that irresistible " new car " smell?

> > > Check out new cars at Autos.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > -------------------------

> > ---------

> > > Answers - Got a question? Someone out there knows the

> > answer. Try it now.

> > >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > To send an email to -

> >

Guest guest

I love grated carrot, dont know why but I do! and in cooking grated ginger....... The Valley Vegan................heartwerk <jo.heartwork wrote: What do you like to grate???Jo , peter VV <swpgh01 wrote:>> I would rather grate something more natural and tasty...........> > The Valley Vegan..............> > jo

<jo.heartwork wrote:> YOu can shred it yourself with a grater!> > Jo> > - > "silverjetta041603" <silverjetta041603> > Monday, April 30, 2007 6:34 PM> Re: new to all of this> > > I'm more of a shredded cheese girl, so I'm hoping to find a shredded > > syle that I like. If I've got used to tofu and soy milk and > > actually like it, I think I can get used to anything...haha> > > > > > , "jo" <jo.heartwork@> wrote:> > >> > > Hi Peter> > > > > > I would agree with that. I quite like Cheezly but Colin cannot

> > stand it. I have just purchased a Scheese, mature Cheddar, which > > I'm hoping will be nice.> > > > > > BB> > > Jo> > > - > > > metalscarab > > > > > > Monday, April 30, 2007 8:14 AM> > > Re: new to all of this> > > > > > > > > Hi Louis / Amy> > > > > > I personally like some of the vegan cheeses, but I think it > > would be a big mistake to try them thinking that they will taste > > anything like real cheese. They have their own taste, but they're > > not anything like cow's cheese!> > > > > > BB> > > Peter> > > > > > ----- Original Message

----- > > > louis stott > > > > > > Sunday, April 29, 2007 1:15 PM> > > Re: new to all of this> > > > > > > > > have you not tryed vegan cheese then ? its 10 times better > > > > > > Amy Scarborough <silverjetta041603@> wrote: > > > Hi -> > > > > > I'm new to all of this. About a month and a half ago, I saw > > the movie Fast Food Nation. This led me to the PETA website. I'd > > seen this stuff before and had been brought to tears, but this time > > it made an impact on me.> > > > > > So, I'm not eating meat or fish and transitioning away from > > milk. Cheese will be hard for me.> > > > > > I

didn't do this to lose weight but thought that I might. > > It seems that I've actually gained weight. Any tips?> > > > > > I know patience and my continued exercise program will work > > in the long run. I just wonder if I'm eating the wrong things.> > > > > > Thanks> > > > > > -------------------------> > -------> > > Ahhh...imagining that irresistible "new car" smell?> > > Check out new cars at Autos. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > -------------------------> > ---------> > > Answers - Got a question? Someone out there knows the > > answer. Try it now.> > >> > > > >

> > > > > To send an email to - > >

Guest guest

hi peter bb i do love the cheely but saying that they is one better then that lo but im on holday and cart think of the name of it lo it has hurbs in it . i bye it from the helffood shops ps sorry bout my spelly i find it hard . louismetalscarab <metalscarab wrote: Hi Louis > i do see where you are coming from

but for me i think vegan chesse is not only better for you its tastes better what ones do you like ? I agree on both counts! My favourite is Cheezly - particularly when eaten on crackers! I'm not so keen on Scheeze, which seems to be the favourite of most of my vegan friends, but I'm happy to eat it if it's around. BB Peter

Answers - Got a question? Someone out there knows the answer. Try

it now.

Guest guest

oh yer you cart beat grated carrot . have you ever tryed grated pots ? peter VV <swpgh01 wrote: I love grated carrot, dont know why but I do! and in cooking grated ginger....... The Valley Vegan................heartwerk <jo.heartwork > wrote: What do you like to grate???Jo , peter VV <swpgh01 wrote:>> I would rather grate something more natural and tasty...........> > The Valley Vegan..............> > jo <jo.heartwork wrote:> YOu can shred it yourself with a grater!> > Jo> > - > "silverjetta041603" <silverjetta041603> > Monday, April 30, 2007 6:34 PM> Re: new to all of this> > > I'm more of a shredded cheese girl, so I'm hoping to find a shredded > > syle that I like. If I've got used to tofu and soy milk and > > actually like it, I think I can get used to anything...haha> > > > > >

, "jo" <jo.heartwork@> wrote:> > >> > > Hi Peter> > > > > > I would agree with that. I quite like Cheezly but Colin cannot > > stand it. I have just purchased a Scheese, mature Cheddar, which > > I'm hoping will be nice.> > > > > > BB> > > Jo> > > - > > > metalscarab > > > > > > Monday, April 30, 2007 8:14 AM> > > Re: new to all of this> > > > > > > > > Hi Louis / Amy> > > > > > I personally like some of the vegan cheeses, but I think it > > would be a big mistake to try them thinking

that they will taste > > anything like real cheese. They have their own taste, but they're > > not anything like cow's cheese!> > > > > > BB> > > Peter> > > > > > - > > > louis stott > > > > > > Sunday, April 29, 2007 1:15 PM> > > Re: new to all of this> > > > > > > > > have you not tryed vegan cheese then ? its 10 times better > > > > > > Amy Scarborough <silverjetta041603@> wrote: > > > Hi -> > > > > > I'm new to all of this. About a month and a half ago, I saw > > the movie Fast Food Nation. This led me to the PETA website. I'd > > seen this stuff before and

had been brought to tears, but this time > > it made an impact on me.> > > > > > So, I'm not eating meat or fish and transitioning away from > > milk. Cheese will be hard for me.> > > > > > I didn't do this to lose weight but thought that I might. > > It seems that I've actually gained weight. Any tips?> > > > > > I know patience and my continued exercise program will work > > in the long run. I just wonder if I'm eating the wrong things.> > > > > > Thanks> > > > > > -------------------------> > -------> > > Ahhh...imagining that irresistible "new car" smell?> > > Check out new cars at Autos. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

-------------------------> > ---------> > > Answers - Got a question? Someone out there knows the > > answer. Try it now.> > >> > > > > > > > > > To send an email to - > >

Guest guest

Oh yes, me too.

Jo

-

peter VV

Tuesday, May 01, 2007 7:07 PM

Re: Re: new to all of this

I love grated carrot, dont know why but I do! and in cooking grated ginger.......

The Valley Vegan................heartwerk <jo.heartwork wrote:

What do you like to grate???Jo , peter VV <swpgh01 wrote:>> I would rather grate something more natural and tasty...........> > The Valley Vegan..............> > jo <jo.heartwork wrote:> YOu can shred it yourself with a grater!> > Jo> > - > "silverjetta041603" <silverjetta041603> > Monday, April 30, 2007 6:34 PM> Re: new to all of this> > > I'm more of a shredded cheese girl, so I'm hoping to find a shredded > > syle that I like. If I've got used to tofu and soy milk and > > actually like it, I think I can get used to anything...haha> > > > > > , "jo" <jo.heartwork@> wrote:> > >> > > Hi Peter> > > > > > I would agree with that. I quite like Cheezly but Colin cannot > > stand it. I have just purchased a Scheese, mature Cheddar, which > > I'm hoping will be nice.> > > > > > BB> > > Jo> > > - > > > metalscarab > > > > > > Monday, April 30, 2007 8:14 AM> > > Re: new to all of this> > > > > > > > > Hi Louis / Amy> > > > > > I personally like some of the vegan cheeses, but I think it > > would be a big mistake to try them thinking that they will taste > > anything like real cheese. They have their own taste, but they're > > not anything like cow's cheese!> > > > > > BB> > > Peter> > > > > > - > > > louis stott > > > > > > Sunday, April 29, 2007 1:15 PM> > > Re: new to all of this> > > > > > > > > have you not tryed vegan cheese then ? its 10 times better > > > > > > Amy Scarborough <silverjetta041603@> wrote: > > > Hi -> > > > > > I'm new to all of this. About a month and a half ago, I saw > > the movie Fast Food Nation. This led me to the PETA website. I'd > > seen this stuff before and had been brought to tears, but this time > > it made an impact on me.> > > > > > So, I'm not eating meat or fish and transitioning away from > > milk. Cheese will be hard for me.> > > > > > I didn't do this to lose weight but thought that I might. > > It seems that I've actually gained weight. Any tips?> > > > > > I know patience and my continued exercise program will work > > in the long run. I just wonder if I'm eating the wrong things.> > > > > > Thanks> > > > > > -------------------------> > -------> > > Ahhh...imagining that irresistible "new car" smell?> > > Check out new cars at Autos. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > -------------------------> > ---------> > > Answers - Got a question? Someone out there knows the > > answer. Try it now.> > >> > > > > > > > > > To send an email to - > >

Guest guest

no never had raw pots? The Valley Vegan...........louis stott <lsstott wrote: oh yer you cart beat grated carrot . have you ever tryed grated pots ? peter VV <swpgh01 (AT) talk21 (DOT) com> wrote: I love grated carrot, dont know why but I do! and in cooking grated ginger....... The Valley

Vegan................heartwerk <jo.heartwork > wrote: What do you like to grate???Jo , peter VV <swpgh01 wrote:>> I would rather grate something more natural and tasty...........> > The Valley Vegan..............> > jo <jo.heartwork wrote:> YOu can shred it yourself with a grater!> > Jo> > - > "silverjetta041603" <silverjetta041603> > Monday, April 30, 2007 6:34 PM> Re: new to all of

this> > > I'm more of a shredded cheese girl, so I'm hoping to find a shredded > > syle that I like. If I've got used to tofu and soy milk and > > actually like it, I think I can get used to anything...haha> > > > > > , "jo" <jo.heartwork@> wrote:> > >> > > Hi Peter> > > > > > I would agree with that. I quite like Cheezly but Colin cannot > > stand it. I have just purchased a Scheese, mature Cheddar, which > > I'm hoping will be nice.> > > > > > BB> > > Jo> > > - > > > metalscarab > > > > > > Monday, April 30, 2007 8:14

AM> > > Re: new to all of this> > > > > > > > > Hi Louis / Amy> > > > > > I personally like some of the vegan cheeses, but I think it > > would be a big mistake to try them thinking that they will taste > > anything like real cheese. They have their own taste, but they're > > not anything like cow's cheese!> > > > > > BB> > > Peter> > > > > > - > > > louis stott > > > > > > Sunday, April 29, 2007 1:15 PM> > > Re: new to all of this> > > > > > > > > have you not tryed vegan cheese then ? its 10 times better > > > > > > Amy

Scarborough <silverjetta041603@> wrote: > > > Hi -> > > > > > I'm new to all of this. About a month and a half ago, I saw > > the movie Fast Food Nation. This led me to the PETA website. I'd > > seen this stuff before and had been brought to tears, but this time > > it made an impact on me.> > > > > > So, I'm not eating meat or fish and transitioning away from > > milk. Cheese will be hard for me.> > > > > > I didn't do this to lose weight but thought that I might. > > It seems that I've actually gained weight. Any tips?> > > > > > I know patience and my continued exercise program will work > > in the long run. I just wonder if I'm eating the wrong things.> > > > > > Thanks> > > > > >

-------------------------> > -------> > > Ahhh...imagining that irresistible "new car" smell?> > > Check out new cars at Autos. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > -------------------------> > ---------> > > Answers - Got a question? Someone out there knows the > > answer. Try it now.> > >> > > > > > > > > > To send an email to - > >

Guest guest

hi peter bb i think redwoods cheezly tastes 10 times better then then milk puss what dont you like bout it ? louismetalscarab <metalscarab wrote: Hi Yarrow >I assume vegan cheeses have improved over the past 18 years! I've tried some now and then, but haven't bought any twice. Are any of them especially worth >trying? I'm not sure what you have in the US. The one I tend to eat is a UK based company (Redwoods Cheezly). However, it doesn't taste much like "real" cheese, and I've found that people who have expected it to be like cheese get a bit of a surprise, and therefore tend not to like it too much! BB Peter

Answers - Got a question? Someone out there knows the answer. Try

it now.

Guest guest

i like it but im not shor if it would be ever ones cup of tea lo . but all im goin to say is try louispeter VV <swpgh01 wrote: no never had raw pots? The Valley Vegan...........louis stott <lsstott (AT) (DOT) co.uk> wrote: oh yer you cart beat grated carrot . have you ever tryed grated pots

? peter VV <swpgh01 (AT) talk21 (DOT) com> wrote: I love grated carrot, dont know why but I do! and in cooking grated ginger....... The Valley Vegan................heartwerk <jo.heartwork > wrote: What do you like to grate???Jo , peter VV <swpgh01 wrote:>> I would rather grate something more natural and tasty...........> > The Valley Vegan..............> > jo <jo.heartwork wrote:> YOu can shred it yourself with a grater!> >

Jo> > - > "silverjetta041603" <silverjetta041603> > Monday, April 30, 2007 6:34 PM> Re: new to all of this> > > I'm more of a shredded cheese girl, so I'm hoping to find a shredded > > syle that I like. If I've got used to tofu and soy milk and > > actually like it, I think I can get used to anything...haha> > > > > > , "jo" <jo.heartwork@> wrote:> > >> > > Hi Peter> > > > > > I would agree with that. I quite like Cheezly but Colin cannot > > stand it. I have just purchased a Scheese, mature Cheddar, which > > I'm hoping will

be nice.> > > > > > BB> > > Jo> > > - > > > metalscarab > > > > > > Monday, April 30, 2007 8:14 AM> > > Re: new to all of this> > > > > > > > > Hi Louis / Amy> > > > > > I personally like some of the vegan cheeses, but I think it > > would be a big mistake to try them thinking that they will taste > > anything like real cheese. They have their own taste, but they're > > not anything like cow's cheese!> > > > > > BB> > > Peter> > > > > > - > > > louis stott > > > > > > Sunday, April 29, 2007 1:15 PM> > > Re: new to all of this> > > > > > > > > have you not tryed vegan cheese then ? its 10 times better > > > > > > Amy Scarborough <silverjetta041603@> wrote: > > > Hi -> > > > > > I'm new to all of this. About a month and a half ago, I saw > > the movie Fast Food Nation. This led me to the PETA website. I'd > > seen this stuff before and had been brought to tears, but this time > > it made an impact on me.> > > > > > So, I'm not eating meat or fish and transitioning away from > > milk. Cheese will be hard for me.> > > > > > I didn't do this to lose weight but thought that I might. > > It

seems that I've actually gained weight. Any tips?> > > > > > I know patience and my continued exercise program will work > > in the long run. I just wonder if I'm eating the wrong things.> > > > > > Thanks> > > > > > -------------------------> > -------> > > Ahhh...imagining that irresistible "new car" smell?> > > Check out new cars at Autos. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > -------------------------> > ---------> > > Answers - Got a question? Someone out there knows the > > answer. Try it now.> > >> > > > > > > > > > To send an email to

- > >

Guest guest

Forgive me if I am repeating info (I was away and have

not caught up). The standard American Diet (SAD)touts

that we need a certain amount of protein. However,

that amount is inflated to compensate due to the fact

that the SAD diet has so many dairy products included

(huge marketing campaign) and calcium depletes the

body of protein. As a vegan, you can get plenty of

protein from leafy green veggies and whole grain

foods. I did find when I first went vegan that I

gained a few pounds, however, that is because I relied

heavily on the vegan " junk foods. " Once I began

cooking and eating more whole foods-orientated goods,

I actually lost weight (15 pounds, to be exact). I

also cut out a lot of sugar, which I should mention.

I apologize if this email is a bit disorientated. Just

came home form a long journey and am very tired! But I

do hope you stick around. For me, I think about the

lives I am saving, the cruelty I am not allowing to

happen and, frankly, that means more than anything in

the world to me. WE are their voices. You are doing a

beautiful thing.

Much love to all,

Laura

--- silverjetta041603 <silverjetta041603

wrote:

>

> What do you do to add protein to your diet? Are you

> concerned about

> protein at all or are you getting it with the vegan

> diet? I've been

> adding protein bars and maybe that's causing some

> weight gain. As

> I've said, I'm not too concerned about it but I

> guess I'm concerned

> enough to keep writing about it..haha

> , " jo "

> <jo.heartwork wrote:

> >

> > Hi Amy

> >

> > Welcome to the group.

> >

> > I put on weight when I became veggie too!

> Probably best to eat

> more salads and vegetables, than pasta and sauces -

> but I don't

> follow my own advice :-)

> >

> > Jo

> > -

> > Amy Scarborough

> >

> > Thursday, April 26, 2007 9:52 PM

> > new to all of this

> >

> >

> > Hi -

> >

> > I'm new to all of this. About a month and a

> half ago, I saw the

> movie Fast Food Nation. This led me to the PETA

> website. I'd seen

> this stuff before and had been brought to tears, but

> this time it

> made an impact on me.

> >

> > So, I'm not eating meat or fish and

> transitioning away from

> milk. Cheese will be hard for me.

> >

> > I didn't do this to lose weight but thought that

> I might. It

> seems that I've actually gained weight. Any tips?

> >

> > I know patience and my continued exercise

> program will work in

> the long run. I just wonder if I'm eating the wrong

> things.

> >

> > Thanks

> >

> >

> >

>

-

> -----------

> > Ahhh...imagining that irresistible " new car "

> smell?

> > Check out new cars at Autos.

> >

>

>

>

Guest guest

By the way, I was told by a wonderful vegan fellow

that Sheese is an amazing sub for cheese:

http://www.buteisland.com/

Haven't tried it yet--kind of a pain to order food

online, I know. Has anyone here had this before??

--- silverjetta041603 <silverjetta041603

wrote:

>

> What do you do to add protein to your diet? Are you

> concerned about

> protein at all or are you getting it with the vegan

> diet? I've been

> adding protein bars and maybe that's causing some

> weight gain. As

> I've said, I'm not too concerned about it but I

> guess I'm concerned

> enough to keep writing about it..haha

> , " jo "

> <jo.heartwork wrote:

> >

> > Hi Amy

> >

> > Welcome to the group.

> >

> > I put on weight when I became veggie too!

> Probably best to eat

> more salads and vegetables, than pasta and sauces -

> but I don't

> follow my own advice :-)

> >

> > Jo

> > -

> > Amy Scarborough

> >

> > Thursday, April 26, 2007 9:52 PM

> > new to all of this

> >

> >

> > Hi -

> >

> > I'm new to all of this. About a month and a

> half ago, I saw the

> movie Fast Food Nation. This led me to the PETA

> website. I'd seen

> this stuff before and had been brought to tears, but

> this time it

> made an impact on me.

> >

> > So, I'm not eating meat or fish and

> transitioning away from

> milk. Cheese will be hard for me.

> >

> > I didn't do this to lose weight but thought that

> I might. It

> seems that I've actually gained weight. Any tips?

> >

> > I know patience and my continued exercise

> program will work in

> the long run. I just wonder if I'm eating the wrong

> things.

> >

> > Thanks

> >

> >

> >

>

-

> -----------

> > Ahhh...imagining that irresistible " new car "

> smell?

> > Check out new cars at Autos.

> >

>

>

>

Guest guest

Hi Laura

> By the way, I was told by a wonderful vegan fellow

> that Sheese is an amazing sub for cheese:

> http://www.buteisland.com/

> Haven't tried it yet--kind of a pain to order food

> online, I know. Has anyone here had this before??

I wasn't that keen when I tried it - it was a bit rubbery for my liking.

However, I know several vegans who love it!

BB

Peter

Guest guest

Laura - Thanks for the info. Your message is lovely and meant a lot to me. Take care, AmyLaura <laurakist wrote: Forgive me if I am repeating info (I was away and havenot caught up). The standard American Diet (SAD)toutsthat we need a certain amount of protein. However,that amount is inflated to compensate due to the factthat the SAD diet has so many dairy products included(huge marketing campaign) and calcium depletes thebody

of protein. As a vegan, you can get plenty ofprotein from leafy green veggies and whole grainfoods. I did find when I first went vegan that Igained a few pounds, however, that is because I reliedheavily on the vegan "junk foods." Once I begancooking and eating more whole foods-orientated goods,I actually lost weight (15 pounds, to be exact). Ialso cut out a lot of sugar, which I should mention.I apologize if this email is a bit disorientated. Justcame home form a long journey and am very tired! But Ido hope you stick around. For me, I think about thelives I am saving, the cruelty I am not allowing tohappen and, frankly, that means more than anything inthe world to me. WE are their voices. You are doing abeautiful thing.Much love to all,Laura--- silverjetta041603 <silverjetta041603 >wrote:> > What do

you do to add protein to your diet? Are you> concerned about > protein at all or are you getting it with the vegan> diet? I've been > adding protein bars and maybe that's causing some> weight gain. As > I've said, I'm not too concerned about it but I> guess I'm concerned > enough to keep writing about it..haha> , "jo"> <jo.heartwork wrote:> >> > Hi Amy> > > > Welcome to the group.> > > > I put on weight when I became veggie too! > Probably best to eat > more salads and vegetables, than pasta and sauces -> but I don't > follow my own advice :-)> > > > Jo> > - > > Amy Scarborough > > > > Thursday, April 26, 2007 9:52 PM> > new to all of this> > > > > > Hi -> > > > I'm new to all of this. About a month and a> half ago, I saw the > movie Fast Food Nation. This led me to the PETA> website. I'd seen > this stuff before and had been brought to tears, but> this time it > made an impact on me.> > > > So, I'm not eating meat or fish and> transitioning away from > milk. Cheese will be hard for me.> > > > I didn't do this to lose weight but thought that> I might. It > seems that I've actually gained weight. Any tips?> > > > I know patience and my continued exercise> program will work in > the long run. I just wonder if I'm eating the wrong>

things.> > > > Thanks> > > > > >>-------------------------> -----------> > Ahhh...imagining that irresistible "new car"> smell?> > Check out new cars at Autos.> >> > >

Get your own web address. Have a HUGE year through Small Business.

Guest guest

Never eat cheese before going vegan, never felt the inclination to try the analogues, my warped mind somehow links the two........... The Valley Vegan..............Laura <laurakist wrote: By the way, I was told by a wonderful vegan fellowthat Sheese is an amazing sub for cheese:http://www.buteisland.com/Haven't tried it yet--kind of a pain to order foodonline, I know. Has anyone here had this

before??--- silverjetta041603 <silverjetta041603 >wrote:> > What do you do to add protein to your diet? Are you> concerned about > protein at all or are you getting it with the vegan> diet? I've been > adding protein bars and maybe that's causing some> weight gain. As > I've said, I'm not too concerned about it but I> guess I'm concerned > enough to keep writing about it..haha> , "jo"> <jo.heartwork wrote:> >> > Hi Amy> > > > Welcome to the group.> > > > I put on weight when I became veggie too! > Probably best to eat > more salads and vegetables, than pasta and sauces -> but I don't > follow my own advice

:-)> > > > Jo> > - > > Amy Scarborough > > > > Thursday, April 26, 2007 9:52 PM> > new to all of this> > > > > > Hi -> > > > I'm new to all of this. About a month and a> half ago, I saw the > movie Fast Food Nation. This led me to the PETA> website. I'd seen > this stuff before and had been brought to tears, but> this time it > made an impact on me.> > > > So, I'm not eating meat or fish and> transitioning away from > milk. Cheese will be hard for me.> > > > I didn't do this to lose weight but thought that> I might. It > seems that I've actually gained weight. Any tips?> > > > I know

patience and my continued exercise> program will work in > the long run. I just wonder if I'm eating the wrong> things.> > > > Thanks> > > > > >>-------------------------> -----------> > Ahhh...imagining that irresistible "new car"> smell?> > Check out new cars at Autos.> >> > > Peter H

Mail is the world's favourite email. Don't settle for less, sign up for your free

account today.