IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Torchwood has landed!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh! The Valley Vegan..............Peter Kebbell <metalscarab wrote: Hi Peter >As for the refernce about Cardiff not having an underground movement, there are probably a > lot of things that individual does not know about Cardiff............. I think we were talking about an underground train system.... :-) BB Peter Peter H

Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.

Guest guest

I think there is a spin off for children also isnt there? something to do with Sarah Jayne? And the incident with the alien in the corridor was the only bloody scene in two episodes, and it in actual fact was over in seconds.So not a lot realy in proportion? I thought that the visual sex was the issue?, most programmes on at that time of night have some mention of sex either directly or indirectly. I certainly dont remember any sex scenes in the first episode, and the one in the second episode was over in about 10 seconds, and you didnt realy see anything, it could have been a lot more graphic given the storyline! And...yes as usual we will disagree........... The Valley Vegan..............Peter Kebbell <metalscarab wrote: Hi

Peter >Possibly swayed by years of DR Who being before the watershed, and Torchwood being > aimed at an adult, post watershed audience? I think that is a bit of an issue. It seems to me that if you're going to do a spin-off from a series, it should really be aimed at a similar sort of audience. Torchwood could quite easily have nothing whatsoever to do with Dr Who - if it had just been its own thing, they still could have had all the elements it has, but wouldn't have lured Dr Who fans into thinking "great, we have a spin off". Why not just make the same programme without connecting it to a childrens / family programme? > I dont recall there being much blood actualy There was quite a bit when that bloke got "eaten" in the hospital corridor. > There was no sex at all in the first

episode. Maybe not direct visual sex, but it was implied quite a bit. > I liked the charectors interaction and humour, it was much in the same vien as Dr Who. I really didn't think it was, but I guess we'll have to disagree :-) BB Peter Peter H

Guest guest

Moi?..... extracting the urine?...is that all you think of me?.............gasp!..................shocked,shaken,stirred...............yeah you probably got my number. Nice to be appreciated. always a pleasure, never a chore. The Valley Vegan............heartwerk <jo.heartwork wrote: Hi FraggleI'm sure it won't be long before VV is taking the **** again :-)JoRe: Torchwood has landed! raise his tail?doesn't that usually precede urination jo Oct 24, 2006 2:02 PM Re: Torchwood has landed! I knew you didn't mean any harm. I am not sensitive about my age at all. You can raise your tail again now

:-)JoTo send an email to -

Guest guest

probably, unless the defecate on tiop of terra firma? The Valley Vegan................ not only taking the piss, but talking shit! what an all rounder!fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: don't moles have underground movements? Peter Kebbell Oct 25, 2006 10:28 AM Re: Torchwood has landed! Hi Peter >As for the refernce about Cardiff not having an underground movement, there are probably a > lot of things that

individual does not know about Cardiff............. I think we were talking about an underground train system.... :-) BB Peter As nightfall does not come at once, neither does oppression. In both instances, there's a twilight where everything remains seemingly unchanged, and it is in such twilight that we must be aware of change in the air, however slight, lest we become unwitting

victims of the darkness. William O. Douglas Peter H

Guest guest

Only in earthly beings, us creatures of the underworld do it for different reasons............. The Valley Vegan.................fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: raise his tail? doesn't that usually precede urination jo Oct 24, 2006 2:02 PM Re: Torchwood has landed! I knew you didn't mean any harm. I am not sensitive about my age at all. You can raise your tail again now :-)Jo As nightfall does not come at once, neither does oppression. In both instances, there's a twilight where everything remains seemingly unchanged, and it is in such twilight that we must be aware of change in the air, however slight, lest we become unwitting

victims of the darkness. William O. Douglas Peter H

Guest guest

Hi Peter

>I think there is a spin off for children also isnt there? something to do with Sarah Jayne?

I know there is going to be another spin off, and I gather it is aimed at kids... but then so is Dr Who... it *is* a children's programme!

> I thought that the visual sex was the issue?

Not particularly for me... it's more the mind-bogglingly crappy plot that revolves around sex. There's so many millions of possible concepts that Sci Fi can be written around - and that plot was just incredibly poor - seemed to be written as an excuse to have sex in it, rather than because there was anything intrinsically good about the plot.

> most programmes on at that time of night have some mention of sex either directly or

> indirectly.

Sad, isn't it, that TV becomes one dimensional after 9pm. It's a shame that there's nothing on for those of us who aren't obsessed with sex. It's probably why I rarely watch any TV!

BB

Peter

Guest guest

Great thanks, I was getting cramp like that. The Valley Vegan..............jo <jo.heartwork wrote: I knew you didn't mean any harm. I am not sensitive about my age at all. You can raise your tail again now :-)Jo - peter VV Tuesday, October 24, 2006 8:52 PM Re: Torchwood has landed! Sorry Jo, I guess sometimes I just dont think, and I dont usually get upset by anything much, and tend to think other people are the same. I didnt mean your an old bag or I would have just come out and said it, as I am usiually more direct than that ( your not much older than me are you? ). Are you sensative about your age?, I am always saying that I`m an old bugger. Dont take any of the crap that I say to heart, please I`m just a buffoon ( 1 st class with honours ). The Valley Vegan............tail between his legs....... jo

<jo.heartwork wrote: I was a little upset about the age remark, as I don't think age has anything to do with an opinion on something that might normally be within your range of liking. Jo - peter VV Tuesday, October 24, 2006 6:52 PM Re: Torchwood has landed! I wasnt calling anyone anything - hence the use of the question mark....and I continued suggesting Jo should have watched it all before dismissing it / forming an opinion. Maybe something is rubbing off on me? anyhoo, no offence meant, I`m sure Jo didnt take any? time to pucker up and make up? c,mon dont be shy! The Valley Vegan.............Peter Kebbell <metalscarab wrote: Hi Peter Ummm.... just about 3 days ago, you were having a go at me

for going in "like a bull in a china shop" - let's try to remember to be polite please - calling people snobs, or dismissing their opinions due to their age is not very polite. BB Peter On 23/10/06, peter VV <swpgh01 wrote: "someone did have a laugh at the thought of their being a Cardiff underground system?" what does that mean? You didnt miss much with the first episode, mostly introducing the charectors, and as a result, you probably missed something in the second episode, there was a lot of humour, albiet a lot of knob jokes! never bothered me before, as for being a little adolescent? showing your age or being a bit of a snob? you should

have watched it all before judging it, it might have grown on you, although I seem to remember in previous posts you saying you probably wouldnt be watching it as it wasnt your cup of tea, so maybe you made up your own mind before you even saw it? The Valley Vegan.............jo <jo.heartwork wrote: Hi Peter I missed the first episode, and turned over after about ten minutes of the second. I thought it a little adolescent. On the Dr Who group that I moderate opinion is split down the middle. Incidentally, someone did have a

laugh at the thought of their being a Cardiff underground system. Jo - peter VV Monday, October 23, 2006 5:57 PM Re:

Torchwood has landed! Just to let you guys know, I watched the first two episodes last night , and I enjoyed it, and will be a fan I think if it keeps up the same quality. Russel T D avies came up trumps again! There will be obvious comments comparing it to a cheap version of Men in Black, and the first episode was a bit slow, but for me it was o.k. The Valley Vegan........... Peter H Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger. Peter H

Try the all-new Mail . "The New Version is radically easier to use" – The Wall Street Journal Peter H Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger. Peter H Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger. Peter H

Guest guest

Hi Peter / Peter

I thouight we were too :-)

BBJo

-

Peter Kebbell

Wednesday, October 25, 2006 6:28 PM

Re: Torchwood has landed!

Hi Peter

>As for the refernce about Cardiff not having an underground movement, there are probably a

> lot of things that individual does not know about Cardiff.............

I think we were talking about an underground train system.... :-)

BB

Peter

Guest guest

Hi Peter / Peter

I didn't watch much of it but on the chat group everyone agreed there was sex, swearing, and gore, and at least half of them said that it was unnecessary.

BBJo

-

Peter Kebbell

Wednesday, October 25, 2006 6:27 PM

Hi Peter

>Possibly swayed by years of DR Who being before the watershed, and Torchwood being

> aimed at an adult, post watershed audience?

I think that is a bit of an issue. It seems to me that if you're going to do a spin-off from a series, it should really be aimed at a similar sort of audience. Torchwood could quite easily have nothing whatsoever to do with Dr Who - if it had just been its own thing, they still could have had all the elements it has, but wouldn't have lured Dr Who fans into thinking "great, we have a spin off". Why not just make the same programme without connecting it to a childrens / family programme?

> I dont recall there being much blood actualy

There was quite a bit when that bloke got "eaten" in the hospital corridor.

> There was no sex at all in the first episode.

Maybe not direct visual sex, but it was implied quite a bit.

> I liked the charectors interaction and humour, it was much in the same vien as Dr Who.

I really didn't think it was, but I guess we'll have to disagree :-)

BB

Peter

Guest guest

Hi Peter

It is sad. We could have lots of concerts - of all kinds of music to suit different tastes, and plays.

BBJo

Sad, isn't it, that TV becomes one dimensional after 9pm. It's a shame that there's nothing on for those of us who aren't obsessed with sex. It's probably why I rarely watch any TV!

BB

Peter

Guest guest

As I said previously, maybe you should watch the first episode and give it a shot? I suppose the chat group was a particular one? Dr Who perhaps? maybe not the best or objective critics of non Dr Who material?.just a thought, they were probably comparing it all the time. The Valley Vegan...............jo <jo.heartwork wrote: Hi Peter / Peter I didn't watch much of it but on the chat group everyone agreed there was sex, swearing, and gore, and at least half of them said that it was unnecessary. BBJo - Peter Kebbell Wednesday, October 25, 2006 6:27 PM Re: Torchwood has landed! Hi Peter >Possibly swayed by years of DR Who being before the watershed, and Torchwood being > aimed at an adult, post watershed audience? I

think that is a bit of an issue. It seems to me that if you're going to do a spin-off from a series, it should really be aimed at a similar sort of audience. Torchwood could quite easily have nothing whatsoever to do with Dr Who - if it had just been its own thing, they still could have had all the elements it has, but wouldn't have lured Dr Who fans into thinking "great, we have a spin off". Why not just make the same programme without connecting it to a childrens / family programme? > I dont recall there being much blood actualy There was quite a bit when that bloke got "eaten" in the hospital corridor. > There was no sex at all in the first episode. Maybe not direct visual sex, but it was implied quite a bit. > I liked the charectors interaction and humour, it was much in the same vien as Dr

Who. I really didn't think it was, but I guess we'll have to disagree :-) BB Peter Peter H

Guest guest

I guess at the end of the day TV caters for a mass audience, and ratings count. There are plenty of satelite chanels now, loads of music ones, cooking ones, history ones, news ones etc, etc, The Valley Vegan...........jo <jo.heartwork wrote: Hi Peter It is sad. We could have lots of concerts - of all kinds of music to suit different tastes, and plays. BBJo Sad, isn't it, that TV becomes one dimensional after 9pm. It's a shame that there's nothing on for those of us who aren't obsessed with sex. It's probably why I rarely watch any TV! BB Peter Peter H

Guest guest

Hi Peter

>As I said previously, maybe you should watch the first episode and give it a shot?

>I suppose the chat group was a particular one? Dr Who perhaps? maybe not the best or

>objective critics of non Dr Who material?.just a thought, they were probably comparing it all

>the time.

You know, Dr Who fans do like non Dr Who stuff....

BB

Peter

Guest guest

Torchwood is very important.

I have been looking for torchwood, but have not been succesful.

Torchwood has white little flowers and it

is very important because a buterfly that is about to go extinct

uses it to lay her eggs on it.

I try to keep finding it.

, peter VV <swpgh01 wrote:

>

> I agree he should stick to production/direction or whatever the hell

he does rather than write so much.

>

> The Valley Vegan..............

>

>

Guest guest

Hi Anouk

That's interesting. I bet the programme makers didn't know they had

named a programme after a flower - they thought it was just an

anagram of Doctor Who.

Jo

, " flower child " <zurumato

wrote:

>

>

> Torchwood is very important.

> I have been looking for torchwood, but have not been succesful.

> Torchwood has white little flowers and it

> is very important because a buterfly that is about to go extinct

> uses it to lay her eggs on it.

>

> I try to keep finding it.

>

> , peter VV <swpgh01@> wrote:

> >

> > I agree he should stick to production/direction or whatever the

hell

> he does rather than write so much.

> >

> > The Valley Vegan..............

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

hahahahahah

they are talking about a TV show in the UK

a Dr Who Spinoff

(actually..torchwood was an anagram of Dr Who...)

>flower child <zurumato

>Oct 26, 2006 8:16 PM

>

> Re: Torchwood has landed!

>

>

>Torchwood is very important.

>I have been looking for torchwood, but have not been succesful.

>Torchwood has white little flowers and it

>is very important because a buterfly that is about to go extinct

>uses it to lay her eggs on it.

>

>I try to keep finding it.

>

> , peter VV <swpgh01 wrote:

>>

>> I agree he should stick to production/direction or whatever the hell

>he does rather than write so much.

>>

>> The Valley Vegan..............

>>

>>

>

>

>

>

>To send an email to -

>

Guest guest

I don't know. I don't have the sci-fi channel. no cable.

just pbs. with and old fashioned antenae.

we do get British Programmes on Saturday nights.

monthy python, and a few other ones.

It just reminded me of Torchwood, because when I got here two years

ago I saw

an amazing vision, something I had never seen before. It was

a giant, humungous butterfly flying around.

I was mesmerized by it. each wing must've been 4 inches.

I have not seen it since, but dream about it.

later I found out

that there are only 200 left and I felt like I had

just been hit by lightning. why was I chosen to be in it's presence?

it was spiritual.....

I looked it up on the internet and found it to be the Schaus

Swallowtail, which lays it's eggs on Torchwood. here are

some websites on it.

http://library.thinkquest.org/CR0215087/butterfly.htm

http://www.butterflyrecovery.org/species_profiles/schaus_swallowtail/

, " heartwerk " <jo.heartwork wrote:

>

> Hi Anouk

>

> That's interesting. I bet the programme makers didn't know they had

> named a programme after a flower - they thought it was just an

> anagram of Doctor Who.

>

> Jo

>

> , " flower child " <zurumato@>

> wrote:

> >

> >

> > Torchwood is very important.

> > I have been looking for torchwood, but have not been succesful.

> > Torchwood has white little flowers and it

> > is very important because a buterfly that is about to go extinct

> > uses it to lay her eggs on it.

Guest guest

my library is good. and has old dr. who's on tape.

maybe I will rent one this weekend. I have been renting

alfred hitchock.

, fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

>

> hahahahahah

> they are talking about a TV show in the UK

> a Dr Who Spinoff

> (actually..torchwood was an anagram of Dr Who...)

>

>

> >flower child <zurumato

> >Oct 26, 2006 8:16 PM

> >

> > Re: Torchwood has landed!

> >

>

Guest guest

Hi Anouk

That was a rare honour :-)

Jo

-

" flower child " <zurumato

Friday, October 27, 2006 7:53 PM

> I don't know. I don't have the sci-fi channel. no cable.

> just pbs. with and old fashioned antenae.

> we do get British Programmes on Saturday nights.

>

> monthy python, and a few other ones.

>

> It just reminded me of Torchwood, because when I got here two years

> ago I saw

>

> an amazing vision, something I had never seen before. It was

> a giant, humungous butterfly flying around.

>

> I was mesmerized by it. each wing must've been 4 inches.

>

> I have not seen it since, but dream about it.

> later I found out

> that there are only 200 left and I felt like I had

> just been hit by lightning. why was I chosen to be in it's presence?

> it was spiritual.....

>

>

> I looked it up on the internet and found it to be the Schaus

> Swallowtail, which lays it's eggs on Torchwood. here are

> some websites on it.

>

> http://library.thinkquest.org/CR0215087/butterfly.htm

>

> http://www.butterflyrecovery.org/species_profiles/schaus_swallowtail/

>