IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Imagine how I feel right now

Rate this topic

Guest guest

My daughters 10 year old birthday today. A happy occaision you might think. She had a chocolate fountain. Well she is a geie not a vegan, but, my wife bought marshmallows for her and her sister ( also vegie ) to dip in the fountain and eat. Beef Gelatine If my oldest daughter realised she would flip. Do I tell her? I am faced with a conundrum............... The Valley Vegan............... Peter H

Copy addresses and emails from any email account to Mail - quick, easy and free. Do it now...

Guest guest

Hi Peter

Happy Birthday to your daughter. I hope she had a good time. You could tell her that you have found out that marshmallows are not veggie, and thought she might like to know for the future.

Jo

-

peter VV

Thursday, August 24, 2006 8:29 PM

Re: Imagine how I feel right now

My daughters 10 year old birthday today.

A happy occaision you might think.

She had a chocolate fountain.

Well she is a geie not a vegan, but,

my wife bought marshmallows for her and her sister ( also vegie ) to dip in the fountain and eat.

Beef Gelatine

If my oldest daughter realised she would flip.

Do I tell her?

I am faced with a conundrum...............

The Valley Vegan...............

Peter H

Copy addresses and emails from any email account to Mail - quick, easy and free. Do it now...

Guest guest

Well I always get crap from the people I work with about stuff like this. What if your kid goes to a birthday party with someone that isn't Vegan or Vegetarian. Do you want to make your kid feel like a freak because you force them to be like you. I said they can still enjoy the birthday party and nobody will think of them like a freak because they cant eat the things at the party.

When I go to people's houses for parties I make sure I bring something for the grill so they don't have to fuss over me. Plus they usually have vegetables and salads anyway so I always have something to eat.

I would tell her myself cause she has a right to know what happened.

-

peter VV

Thursday, August 24, 2006 3:29 PM

Re: Imagine how I feel right now

My daughters 10 year old birthday today.

A happy occaision you might think.

She had a chocolate fountain.

Well she is a geie not a vegan, but,

my wife bought marshmallows for her and her sister ( also vegie ) to dip in the fountain and eat.

Beef Gelatine

If my oldest daughter realised she would flip.

Do I tell her?

I am faced with a conundrum...............

The Valley Vegan...............

Peter H

Guest guest

Hi Peter

First, happy belated to her!

Second, I would be devestated if someone lied to me and allowed me

to eat something that had an animal product in it. Then I would be

furious.

Just my two cents.

I hope it worked out for you tho!

Nikki :)

, peter VV <swpgh01 wrote:

>

> My daughters 10 year old birthday today.

>

> A happy occaision you might think.

>

> She had a chocolate fountain.

> Well she is a geie not a vegan, but,

> my wife bought marshmallows for her and her sister ( also

vegie ) to dip in the fountain and eat.

>

> Beef Gelatine

>

> If my oldest daughter realised she would flip.

>

> Do I tell her?

>

> I am faced with a conundrum...............

>

> The Valley Vegan...............

>

>

>

>

> Peter H

>

>

>

>

> Copy addresses and emails from any email account to Mail -

quick, easy and free. Do it now...

>

Guest guest

I still havent had the heart to tell her. I will however ask the wife to steer her clear of the mallows unless she tells her first...........or I may get around to telling her................I just dont want to upset her............How do I realy know that everything I eat is realy 100% vegan? The Valley Vegan................earthstrm <earthstorm wrote: Hi PeterFirst, happy belated to her!Second, I would be devestated if someone lied to me and allowed me to eat something that had an animal product in it. Then I would be furious.Just my two cents.I hope it worked out for you tho!Nikki :) , peter VV wrote:>> My daughters 10 year old birthday today.> > A happy

occaision you might think.> > She had a chocolate fountain.> Well she is a geie not a vegan, but,> my wife bought marshmallows for her and her sister ( also vegie ) to dip in the fountain and eat.> > Beef Gelatine> > If my oldest daughter realised she would flip.> > Do I tell her?> > I am faced with a conundrum...............> > The Valley Vegan...............> > > > > Peter H > > > > > Copy addresses and emails from any email account to Mail - quick, easy and free. Do it now...>To send an email to -

Guest guest

you try

as the best you can

just like anyone else

tis a difference between knowing something ISN'T vegan and eating it, and not knowing

peter VV Aug 29, 2006 2:23 PM Re: Re: Imagine how I feel right now

I still havent had the heart to tell her. I will however ask the wife to steer her clear of the mallows unless she tells her first...........or I may get around to telling her................I just dont want to upset her............How do I realy know that everything I eat is realy 100% vegan?

The Valley Vegan................earthstrm <earthstorm wrote:

Hi PeterFirst, happy belated to her!Second, I would be devestated if someone lied to me and allowed me to eat something that had an animal product in it. Then I would be furious.Just my two cents.I hope it worked out for you tho!Nikki :) , peter VV wrote:>> My daughters 10 year old birthday today.> > A happy occaision you might think.> > She had a chocolate fountain.> Well she is a geie not a vegan, but,> my wife bought marshmallows for her and her sister ( also vegie ) to dip in the fountain and eat.> > Beef Gelatine> > If my oldest daughter realised she would flip.> > Do I tell her?> > I am faced with a conundrum...............> > The Valley Vegan...............> > > > > Peter H > > > > > Copy addresses and emails from any email account to Mail - quick, easy and free. Do it now...>To send an email to -

Guest guest

thats precisely it . she didnt know!, and I cant be with her 24/7fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: you try as the best you can just like anyone else tis a difference between knowing something ISN'T vegan and eating it, and not knowing peter VV Aug 29, 2006 2:23 PM Re: Re: Imagine how I feel right now I still havent had the heart to tell her. I will however ask the wife to steer her clear of the mallows unless she tells her first...........or I may get around to telling

her................I just dont want to upset her............How do I realy know that everything I eat is realy 100% vegan? The Valley Vegan................earthstrm <earthstorm wrote: Hi PeterFirst, happy belated to her!Second, I would be devestated if someone lied to me and allowed me to eat something that had an animal product in it. Then I would be furious.Just my two cents.I hope it worked out for you tho!Nikki :) , peter VV wrote:>> My daughters 10 year old birthday today.> > A happy occaision you might think.> > She had a chocolate fountain.> Well she is a geie not a vegan, but,> my wife bought marshmallows for her and her sister ( also

vegie ) to dip in the fountain and eat.> > Beef Gelatine> > If my oldest daughter realised she would flip.> > Do I tell her?> > I am faced with a conundrum...............> > The Valley Vegan...............> > > > > Peter H > > > > > Copy addresses and emails from any email account to Mail - quick, easy and free. Do it now...>To send an email to -

Guest guest

hi peter,

i haven't followed the tread, but

i was wondering if they have vegan

marshmallows up there in wales.

we have them here in the us, but we have

to order them by catalog :(

Guest guest

I did order some from veganstore, they were made in costa reca and cost an absolute fortune with post and packing £9.49! and the kids didnt want to try them as they looked awful, I tasted one and they were as bad as they looked. I was totally gutted as I dont have that kind of money to blow like that........... The Valley Vegan................Anouk Sickler <zurumato wrote: hi peter, i haven't followed the tread, but i was wondering if they have vegan marshmallows up there in wales.we have them here in the us, but we haveto order them by catalog :(To send an email to -

Guest guest

Hi Peter

I've not tried the vegan marshmallows but I've tried the vegan nougat bars. I was disappointed. In one way they are quite tasty, but nothing like nougat. I also found the same with the vegan creme eggs that were brought on the market a couple of years ago. They were not at all creamy - it was just sugar fondant (quite hard) inside the chocolate. I do like the Plamil mint bars and hazelnut bars though.

Jo

-

peter VV

Thursday, August 31, 2006 7:13 PM

Re: Re: Imagine how I feel right now

I did order some from veganstore, they were made in costa reca and cost an absolute fortune with post and packing £9.49! and the kids didnt want to try them as they looked awful, I tasted one and they were as bad as they looked. I was totally gutted as I dont have that kind of money to blow like that...........

The Valley Vegan................Anouk Sickler <zurumato wrote:

hi peter, i haven't followed the tread, but i was wondering if they have vegan marshmallows up there in wales.we have them here in the us, but we haveto order them by catalog :(To send an email to -

Guest guest

I did complain to veganstore and was met with total apathy, when I complained about them exploiting vegans with inferior products at exhorbitant prices, they offered my money back if I returned the product..........still no apology ( I also complained that their £3.50 p & p charges turned out to be £1.70, and a jiffy bag of inferior quality, which meant that they were totally squashed ), by this time I had thrown them in the bin. The Valley Vegan..............jo <jo.heartwork wrote: Hi Peter I've not tried the vegan marshmallows but I've tried the vegan nougat bars. I was disappointed. In

one way they are quite tasty, but nothing like nougat. I also found the same with the vegan creme eggs that were brought on the market a couple of years ago. They were not at all creamy - it was just sugar fondant (quite hard) inside the chocolate. I do like the Plamil mint bars and hazelnut bars though. Jo - peter VV Thursday, August 31, 2006 7:13 PM Re: Re: Imagine how I feel right now I did order some from veganstore, they were made in costa reca and cost an absolute fortune with post and packing £9.49! and the kids didnt want to try them as they looked awful, I tasted one and they were as bad as they looked. I was totally gutted as I dont have that kind of money to blow like that........... The Valley Vegan................Anouk Sickler <zurumato wrote: hi peter, i haven't followed the tread, but i was wondering if they have vegan marshmallows up there in wales.we have them here in the us, but we haveto order them by catalog :(To

send an email to -

Guest guest

that sux

a loooooooooong time ago, i made REAL marshmallows..

ie: out of mallow roots

took all day

they were..interesting....

peter VV Aug 31, 2006 3:21 PM Re: Re: Imagine how I feel right now

I did complain to veganstore and was met with total apathy, when I complained about them exploiting vegans with inferior products at exhorbitant prices, they offered my money back if I returned the product..........still no apology ( I also complained that their £3.50 p & p charges turned out to be £1.70, and a jiffy bag of inferior quality, which meant that they were totally squashed ), by this time I had thrown them in the bin.

The Valley Vegan..............jo <jo.heartwork wrote:

Hi Peter

I've not tried the vegan marshmallows but I've tried the vegan nougat bars. I was disappointed. In one way they are quite tasty, but nothing like nougat. I also found the same with the vegan creme eggs that were brought on the market a couple of years ago. They were not at all creamy - it was just sugar fondant (quite hard) inside the chocolate. I do like the Plamil mint bars and hazelnut bars though.

Jo

-

peter VV

I did order some from veganstore, they were made in costa reca and cost an absolute fortune with post and packing £9.49! and the kids didnt want to try them as they looked awful, I tasted one and they were as bad as they looked. I was totally gutted as I dont have that kind of money to blow like that...........

hi peter, i haven't followed the tread, but i was wondering if they have vegan marshmallows up there in wales.we have them here in the us, but we haveto order them by catalog :(To send an email to -

Guest guest

Are you trying to behelpful or piss me off further with the second link to the offending article? The Valley Vegan.............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: http://www.vegsoc.org/info/gelling.html http://www.veganstore.co.uk/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD & Store_Code=1 & Product_Code=701 peter VV Aug 31, 2006 3:11 PM Re:

Re: Imagine how I feel right now Sounds good, next time you are in Maryland pick me up some vegetable gelatine............. The Valley Vegan............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: http://www.vegsource.com/articles/marshmallows.htm Peter H Now you can scan emails quickly with a reading pane. Get the new Mail. If George Bush said that the Earth was flat, the headline would read, "Views Differ on Shape of the Earth"Peter H

Now you can scan emails quickly with a reading pane. Get the new Mail.

Guest guest

i didn't know you got them from the vgean store when i sent that

calm down sonny

peter VV Aug 31, 2006 3:30 PM Re: Re: Imagine how I feel right now

Are you trying to behelpful or piss me off further with the second link to the offending article?

The Valley Vegan.............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

http://www.vegsoc.org/info/gelling.html

http://www.veganstore.co.uk/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD & Store_Code=1 & Product_Code=701

peter VV Aug 31, 2006 3:11 PM Re: Re: Imagine how I feel right now

Sounds good, next time you are in Maryland pick me up some vegetable gelatine.............

The Valley Vegan............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

http://www.vegsource.com/articles/marshmallows.htm

Peter H

Now you can scan emails quickly with a reading pane. Get the new Mail. If George Bush said that the Earth was flat, the headline would read, "Views Differ on Shape of the Earth"

Peter H

Now you can scan emails quickly with a reading pane. Get the new Mail.

If George Bush said that the Earth was flat, the headline would read, "Views Differ on Shape of the Earth"

Guest guest

You sounded just like a bouncer when you said that! The Valley Vegan............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: i didn't know you got them from the vgean store when i sent that calm down sonny peter VV Aug 31, 2006 3:30 PM Re: Re: Imagine how I feel right now Are you trying to behelpful or piss me off further with the second link to the offending article? The Valley Vegan.............fraggle

<EBbrewpunx wrote: http://www.vegsoc.org/info/gelling.html http://www.veganstore.co.uk/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD & Store_Code=1 & Product_Code=701 peter VV Aug 31, 2006 3:11 PM Re: Re: Imagine how I feel right now Sounds good, next time you are in Maryland pick me up some vegetable gelatine............. The Valley Vegan............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: http://www.vegsource.com/articles/marshmallows.htm Peter H Now you can scan emails quickly with a reading pane. Get the new Mail. If George Bush said that the Earth was flat, the headline would read, "Views Differ on Shape of the Earth" Peter H Now you can scan emails quickly with a reading pane. Get the new Mail. If George Bush said that the Earth was flat, the headline would read, "Views Differ on Shape of the Earth"Peter H

All new Mail "The new Interface is stunning in its simplicity and ease of use." - PC Magazine

Guest guest

Most vegan 'goodies' seem to be very expensive. I'm not surprised you were annoyed.

Jo

-

peter VV

Thursday, August 31, 2006 8:21 PM

I did complain to veganstore and was met with total apathy, when I complained about them exploiting vegans with inferior products at exhorbitant prices, they offered my money back if I returned the product..........still no apology ( I also complained that their £3.50 p & p charges turned out to be £1.70, and a jiffy bag of inferior quality, which meant that they were totally squashed ), by this time I had thrown them in the bin.

The Valley Vegan..............jo <jo.heartwork wrote:

Hi Peter

Jo

-

peter VV

Guest guest

Hi Peter

I don't blame you one bit, it will definately hurt her. I just think

she should have been told before hand and I know you had no choice in

that.

Nikki - who swears she is not disappearing again, just cannot keep up!

, peter VV <swpgh01 wrote:

>

> I still havent had the heart to tell her. I will however ask the

wife to steer her clear of the mallows unless she tells her

first...........or I may get around to telling her................I

just dont want to upset her............How do I realy know that

everything I eat is realy 100% vegan?

>

> The Valley Vegan................

>

> earthstrm <earthstorm wrote:

> Hi Peter

>

> First, happy belated to her!

>

> Second, I would be devestated if someone lied to me and allowed me

> to eat something that had an animal product in it. Then I would be

> furious.

>

> Just my two cents.

>

> I hope it worked out for you tho!

>

> Nikki :)

Guest guest

Hi Nikki

>I don't blame you one bit, it will definately hurt her. I just think

>she should have been told before hand and I know you had no choice in

>that.

Have to admit, that I think I'd want to know. A couple of years ago, I accidentally discovered that a regular event I attend was putting honey into their so-called " vegan " cake, and I'd been eating it, trusting them when they said it was vegan. I was really angry with them, and with myself for about 4 days, but when I'd calmed down, I was glad that I knew as I could correct their misapprehensions and not have other vegans having the same issue in the future...

>Nikki - who swears she is not disappearing again, just cannot keep up!

JG (on the not disappearing)... I guess we can let you off the not keeping up thing, as long as you're not disappearing :-)

BB

Peter

Guest guest

Hi Peter

> Have to admit, that I think I'd want to know.

I agree, I definately would. Especially if it was a mistake. But it

would definately knock me down a bit.

>A couple of years ago, I

> accidentally discovered that a regular event I attend was putting

honey into

> their so-called " vegan " cake, and I'd been eating it, trusting

them when

> they said it was vegan. I was really angry with them, and with

myself for

> about 4 days, but when I'd calmed down, I was glad that I knew as I

> could correct their misapprehensions and not have other vegans

having the

> same issue in the future...

I would have been crushed honestly. But at least there was a lesson

in it, just too bad it had to go through someone before it could be

learned.

> JG (on the not disappearing)... I guess we can let you off the not

keeping

> up thing, as long as you're not disappearing :-)

:) - Thanks Peter!

But I think you will have to burn me out of the group. ;)

Either that or hit that Ban Member button - lol

BB

Nikki

Guest guest

Hi Nikki

>I would have been crushed honestly. But at least there was a lesson

>in it, just too bad it had to go through someone before it could be

>learned.

I was more than slightly peeved - as anyone who was within about 2 miles of me finding out will tell you!!!!>:) - Thanks Peter!

>But I think you will have to burn me out of the group. ;)

>Either that or hit that Ban Member button - lol

Well, if you could just let me know if you're intending to cause any serious mayhem in the group beforehand then I might just.... but somehow I don't think it's likely :-)

Although the " burning out " sounds sort of interesting... is that where we turn up at your front door with pitchforks and flaming torches, and generally making country yokel type noises?

BB

Peter

Guest guest

Hi Peter

> Well, if you could just let me know if you're intending to cause

any serious

> mayhem in the group beforehand then I might just.... but somehow I

don't

> think it's likely :-)

Innocent little ol' me? Never! ;)

> Although the " burning out " sounds sort of interesting... is that

where we

> turn up at your front door with pitchforks and flaming torches, and

> generally making country yokel type noises?

Sounds like you have some experience with this sort of thing. :)

BB

Nikki

Guest guest

Hi Nikki

> Innocent little ol' me? Never! ;)

Uh oh....

> > Although the " burning out " sounds sort of interesting... is that where

we

> > turn up at your front door with pitchforks and flaming torches, and

> > generally making country yokel type noises?

>

> Sounds like you have some experience with this sort of thing. :)

No - but it always looks such good fun... :-)

BB

Peter

Guest guest

Hi Peter / Nikki

Can I join in with the pitchforks bit - I always thought it looked good fun

too.

BB

Jo

-

" Peter " <metalscarab

Friday, September 01, 2006 8:58 PM

> Hi Nikki

>

> > Innocent little ol' me? Never! ;)

>

> Uh oh....

>

> > > Although the " burning out " sounds sort of interesting... is that where

> we

> > > turn up at your front door with pitchforks and flaming torches, and

> > > generally making country yokel type noises?

> >

> > Sounds like you have some experience with this sort of thing. :)

>

> No - but it always looks such good fun... :-)

>

> BB

> Peter