IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

tad warm out there

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Peter

>O.k. talking of the olden days, when I was young we had an old tin bath in front of the fire to bath in......................mind you so did a lot of

> miners, took two to carry it out to empty it though.Talking early to mid 60`s here, didnt have a fridge until later........

You had a lot of miners bathing in front of your fire? What - did you run a bath house, or something? ;-)

BB

Peter

Guest guest

we just moved to a new building and at first the air didn't work at all and it was about 107 with the heat index. Then it got so cold people were wearing jackets and bring in blankets. So now its back to being warm. I don't know but I love it colder than most though.

-

Peter

Wednesday, July 19, 2006 1:27 PM

Re: Re: tad warm out there

Hi Jo (and everyone)OK... here's a question.... has *anyone* ever worked for a company where theair conditioning actually works properly? I haven't and we were discussingit at work today and no-one I work with has either....BBPeter-"jo" <jo.heartwork >Wednesday, July 19, 2006 5:53 PMRe: Re: tad warm out there> Hi Nikki>> We have that trouble. The house is hot - work is hot because the air> conditiioning doesn't work. It was 31 degrees at work today - with allthe> desk fans going. OUr old bangers never have air-conditioning either.> Although it is meant to be a little less hot tomorrow for a few days, it> will still be too hot for me!>> BB> JO>> -> "earthstrm" <earthstorm (AT) comcast (DOT) net>> > Wednesday, July 19, 2006 2:40 PM> Re: tad warm out there>>> > Yep, tis mighty hot here right now!> >> > Yesterday it finally "cooled down" to about 75 with a breeze, but we> > are headed right back towards the 100's starting today.> >> > Kinda sucks when your car has no air conditioning and you are a sales> > rep on the road all day and have to be dressed up real nice.> >> > But Zak is loving all of the pool time! :)> >> > Nikki> >> >> > , fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:> > >> > > Oppressive heat wave baking the United States> > > Updated Sun. Jul. 16 2006 11:39 PM ET> > >> > > Associated Press> > >> > > CHICAGO -- Temperatures soared into the upper 90s and higher Sunday> > > from coast to coast, bringing out heat warnings, wilting athletes and> > > driving others into the shade.> > >> > <<SNIP>>> >> >> >> >> >> >> > To send an email to - > >

Guest guest

I prefer it cold to hot - at least you can add more layers to keep warm. Unless you have good air-conditioning you cannot stay cool.

Jo

-

Tara Van Nostrand

Saturday, July 22, 2006 3:22 PM

we just moved to a new building and at first the air didn't work at all and it was about 107 with the heat index. Then it got so cold people were wearing jackets and bring in blankets. So now its back to being warm. I don't know but I love it colder than most though.

-

Peter

Wednesday, July 19, 2006 1:27 PM

Hi Jo (and everyone)OK... here's a question.... has *anyone* ever worked for a company where theair conditioning actually works properly? I haven't and we were discussingit at work today and no-one I work with has either....BBPeter-"jo" <jo.heartwork >Wednesday, July 19, 2006 5:53 PMRe: Re: tad warm out there> Hi Nikki>> We have that trouble. The house is hot - work is hot because the air> conditiioning doesn't work. It was 31 degrees at work today - with allthe> desk fans going. OUr old bangers never have air-conditioning either.> Although it is meant to be a little less hot tomorrow for a few days, it> will still be too hot for me!>> BB> JO>> -> "earthstrm" <earthstorm (AT) comcast (DOT) net>> > Wednesday, July 19, 2006 2:40 PM> Re: tad warm out there>>> > Yep, tis mighty hot here right now!> >> > Yesterday it finally "cooled down" to about 75 with a breeze, but we> > are headed right back towards the 100's starting today.> >> > Kinda sucks when your car has no air conditioning and you are a sales> > rep on the road all day and have to be dressed up real nice.> >> > But Zak is loving all of the pool time! :)> >> > Nikki> >> >> > , fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:> > >> > > Oppressive heat wave baking the United States> > > Updated Sun. Jul. 16 2006 11:39 PM ET> > >> > > Associated Press> > >> > > CHICAGO -- Temperatures soared into the upper 90s and higher Sunday> > > from coast to coast, bringing out heat warnings, wilting athletes and> > > driving others into the shade.> > >> > <<SNIP>>> >> >> >> >> >> >> > To send an email to - > >

Guest guest

Hi Jo

(yes, I am VERY behind on posts-LOL)

All this week it has been at least 95 degrees F with a heat index of

at least 105 to 111. Last night and this morning we are having some

big storms so it is going down to 85 at least.

The pool water yesterday was at 92 degrees from the heat. We've been

here 8 years and that is the warmest the pool has ever gotten!

Nikki

, " jo " <jo.heartwork wrote:

>

> Crikey (excuse old-fashioned word). I would hate that temperature

for,

> especially for that long. Our weather doesn't really have a normal -

it is

> quite chaotic. The summer usually has temperatures between about 18

and 28

> C, but the last three or four years we have had a few weeks of higher

> temperatures.

>

> BB

> Jo

>

> -

> " earthstrm " <earthstorm

Guest guest

chilled way down here...

even in the valley its barely cracking 90F

been about 65-75F here....

>earthstrm <earthstorm

>Aug 3, 2006 9:10 AM

>

> Re: tad warm out there

>

>Hi Jo

>

>(yes, I am VERY behind on posts-LOL)

>

>All this week it has been at least 95 degrees F with a heat index of

>at least 105 to 111. Last night and this morning we are having some

>big storms so it is going down to 85 at least.

>

>The pool water yesterday was at 92 degrees from the heat. We've been

>here 8 years and that is the warmest the pool has ever gotten!

>

>Nikki

>

If George Bush said that the Earth was flat, the headline would read, " Views

Differ on Shape of the Earth "

Guest guest

Hi Nikki

That sounds terrible. Luckily our temperature has gone down this week to

between 20 and 25, which is just right (I hope it is warm enough for Valley

Vegan's girls to play on the beach).

BB

Jo

-

" earthstrm " <earthstorm

Thursday, August 03, 2006 2:10 PM

Re: tad warm out there

> Hi Jo

>

> (yes, I am VERY behind on posts-LOL)

>

> All this week it has been at least 95 degrees F with a heat index of

> at least 105 to 111. Last night and this morning we are having some

> big storms so it is going down to 85 at least.

>

> The pool water yesterday was at 92 degrees from the heat. We've been

> here 8 years and that is the warmest the pool has ever gotten!

>

> Nikki