IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Four jailed in grave theft case

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Four jailed in grave theft case Gladys Hammond's body was taken from a grave in October 2004Four animal rights activists have been jailed for waging a campaign of terror against a family which included digging up a grandmother's grave. The Hall family were targeted for six years by activists who aimed to stop them breeding guinea pigs for research. Jon Ablewhite, 36, of Manchester, Kerry Whitburn, 36, and John Smith,

39, both of the West Mids, were jailed for 12 years for conspiracy to blackmail. Josephine Mayo, 38, of Birmingham, was jailed for four years. They targeted David Hall and Partners, a family business which ran the breeding programme at a farm in Newchurch, Staffordshire. The campaign included protests outside Darley Oaks Farm, a burglary in which 600 guinea pigs were freed and threats to family members, friends and employees. I feel that I have been in a war and under siege for six years Christopher Hall But it was the theft of Gladys Hammond's body from a graveyard in nearby Yoxall in October 2004 that "appalled and disgusted people nationwide", said Det Ch Insp Nick Baker. "Today's lengthy sentences send a strong message to people who might be considering doing anything similar. "While lawful protestors have nothing to fear, single issue extremists will be caught and strongly punished for their offences," he said after the sentencing. The Hall family ceased their guinea pig breeding programme in January this year. The four were described as "terrorists" by one of their victims Mrs Hammond's body was discovered on Cannock Chase last week after Smith told police where to find it. Her remains are to be reburied at St Peter's Churchyard. She was mother-in-law to John Hall, who ran the farm with his brother Christopher. A Hall family statement said: "We struggle to comprehend how anyone could conceive such a plan. We could only assume they were devoid of any emotions. "Animal rights extremists used psychological warfare, verbal abuse, criminal acts and very offensive propaganda in their quest to close our business". In a statement read out in court Christopher Hall said: "I feel that I have been in a war and under siege for six years. "These activists are

terrorists, they have run a terrorist campaign against our business." The activists researched their targets on the internet as their campaign spread from the Hall family to anyone associated with them. Bricks were thrown through windows, death threats made to farm workers, pyrotechnics set off outside their homes and hundreds of malicious letters sent. One was sent to May Hudson, a cleaner at the farm, saying they would dig up her husband's grave. "They dedicated themselves to their cause - 24 hours a day, seven days a week - devastating dozens of lives and striking fear into a whole community," said Mr Baker. Peter H

Switch an email account to Mail, you could win FIFA World Cup tickets.

Guest guest

they freed guinea pigs into the english countryside??

peter hurd May 11, 2006 1:15 PM Re: Four jailed in grave theft case

Gladys Hammond's body was taken from a grave in October 2004Four animal rights activists have been jailed for waging a campaign of terror against a family which included digging up a grandmother's grave. The Hall family were targeted for six years by activists who aimed to stop them breeding guinea pigs for research. Jon Ablewhite, 36, of Manchester, Kerry Whitburn, 36, and John Smith, 39, both of the West Mids, were jailed for 12 years for conspiracy to blackmail. Josephine Mayo, 38, of Birmingham, was jailed for four years.

They targeted David Hall and Partners, a family business which ran the breeding programme at a farm in Newchurch, Staffordshire. The campaign included protests outside Darley Oaks Farm, a burglary in which 600 guinea pigs were freed and threats to family members, friends and employees.

I feel that I have been in a war and under siege for six years

Christopher Hall

But it was the theft of Gladys Hammond's body from a graveyard in nearby Yoxall in October 2004 that "appalled and disgusted people nationwide", said Det Ch Insp Nick Baker. "Today's lengthy sentences send a strong message to people who might be considering doing anything similar. "While lawful protestors have nothing to fear, single issue extremists will be caught and strongly punished for their offences," he said after the sentencing. The Hall family ceased their guinea pig breeding programme in January this year.

The four were described as "terrorists" by one of their victims

Mrs Hammond's body was discovered on Cannock Chase last week after Smith told police where to find it. Her remains are to be reburied at St Peter's Churchyard. She was mother-in-law to John Hall, who ran the farm with his brother Christopher. A Hall family statement said: "We struggle to comprehend how anyone could conceive such a plan. We could only assume they were devoid of any emotions. "Animal rights extremists used psychological warfare, verbal abuse, criminal acts and very offensive propaganda in their quest to close our business". In a statement read out in court Christopher Hall said: "I feel that I have been in a war and under siege for six years. "These activists are terrorists, they have run a terrorist campaign against our business." The activists researched their targets on the internet as their campaign spread from the Hall family to anyone associated with them. Bricks were thrown through windows, death threats made to farm workers, pyrotechnics set off outside their homes and hundreds of malicious letters sent. One was sent to May Hudson, a cleaner at the farm, saying they would dig up her husband's grave. "They dedicated themselves to their cause - 24 hours a day, seven days a week - devastating dozens of lives and striking fear into a whole community," said Mr Baker.

Peter H

Switch an email account to Mail, you could win FIFA World Cup tickets. To send an email to -

Guest guest

That detail is unclear, but given the actions that these morons have commited nothing would surprise me. The Valley Vegan...............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: they freed guinea pigs into the english countryside?? peter hurd May 11, 2006 1:15 PM Re: Four jailed in grave theft case Four jailed in grave theft case Gladys Hammond's body was taken from a grave in October 2004Four animal rights activists have been jailed for waging a campaign of terror against a family which included digging up a grandmother's grave. The Hall family were targeted for six years by activists who aimed to stop them breeding guinea pigs for research. Jon Ablewhite, 36, of Manchester, Kerry Whitburn, 36, and John Smith, 39, both of the West Mids, were jailed for 12 years for conspiracy to blackmail. Josephine Mayo, 38, of Birmingham, was jailed for four years. They

targeted David Hall and Partners, a family business which ran the breeding programme at a farm in Newchurch, Staffordshire. The campaign included protests outside Darley Oaks Farm, a burglary in which 600 guinea pigs were freed and threats to family members, friends and employees. I feel that I have been in a war and under siege for six years Christopher Hall But it

was the theft of Gladys Hammond's body from a graveyard in nearby Yoxall in October 2004 that "appalled and disgusted people nationwide", said Det Ch Insp Nick Baker. "Today's lengthy sentences send a strong message to people who might be considering doing anything similar. "While lawful protestors have nothing to fear, single issue extremists will be caught and strongly punished for their offences," he said after the sentencing. The Hall family ceased their guinea pig breeding programme in January this year. The four were described as "terrorists" by one of their

victims Mrs Hammond's body was discovered on Cannock Chase last week after Smith told police where to find it. Her remains are to be reburied at St Peter's Churchyard. She was mother-in-law to John Hall, who ran the farm with his brother Christopher. A Hall family statement said: "We struggle to comprehend how anyone could conceive such a plan. We could only assume they were devoid of any emotions. "Animal rights extremists used psychological warfare, verbal abuse, criminal acts and very offensive propaganda in their quest to close our business". In a statement read out in court Christopher Hall said: "I feel that I have been in a war and under siege for six years. "These activists are terrorists, they have run a terrorist campaign against our business." The activists researched their targets on the internet as their campaign spread from the Hall family to anyone

associated with them. Bricks were thrown through windows, death threats made to farm workers, pyrotechnics set off outside their homes and hundreds of malicious letters sent. One was sent to May Hudson, a cleaner at the farm, saying they would dig up her husband's grave. "They dedicated themselves to their cause - 24 hours a day, seven days a week - devastating dozens of lives and striking fear into a whole community," said Mr Baker. Peter H Switch an email account to Mail, you could win FIFA World Cup tickets. To send an email to -

Guest guest

They removed the remains from a grave of the grandmother of the people that ran the guinea pig farm which supplied Huntingdon Life Sciences. They also gathered outside the house at night and threw stones at the house etc. and sent threatening letters. They also spray painted grafitti on their cars, and sometimes put paint stripper over the cars.

I can understand how the animal activists feel, but going too far hasn't achieved anything except getting them put in prison - for 12 years - where they won't be able to do anymore campaigning. Of course, it also makes all animal rights activists look bad, unfortunately.

Jo

-

fraggle

Thursday, May 11, 2006 9:21 PM

Re: Four jailed in grave theft case

Gladys Hammond's body was taken from a grave in October 2004Four animal rights activists have been jailed for waging a campaign of terror against a family which included digging up a grandmother's grave. The Hall family were targeted for six years by activists who aimed to stop them breeding guinea pigs for research. Jon Ablewhite, 36, of Manchester, Kerry Whitburn, 36, and John Smith, 39, both of the West Mids, were jailed for 12 years for conspiracy to blackmail. Josephine Mayo, 38, of Birmingham, was jailed for four years.

They targeted David Hall and Partners, a family business which ran the breeding programme at a farm in Newchurch, Staffordshire. The campaign included protests outside Darley Oaks Farm, a burglary in which 600 guinea pigs were freed and threats to family members, friends and employees.

Christopher Hall

But it was the theft of Gladys Hammond's body from a graveyard in nearby Yoxall in October 2004 that "appalled and disgusted people nationwide", said Det Ch Insp Nick Baker. "Today's lengthy sentences send a strong message to people who might be considering doing anything similar. "While lawful protestors have nothing to fear, single issue extremists will be caught and strongly punished for their offences," he said after the sentencing. The Hall family ceased their guinea pig breeding programme in January this year.

Mrs Hammond's body was discovered on Cannock Chase last week after Smith told police where to find it. Her remains are to be reburied at St Peter's Churchyard. She was mother-in-law to John Hall, who ran the farm with his brother Christopher. A Hall family statement said: "We struggle to comprehend how anyone could conceive such a plan. We could only assume they were devoid of any emotions. "Animal rights extremists used psychological warfare, verbal abuse, criminal acts and very offensive propaganda in their quest to close our business". In a statement read out in court Christopher Hall said: "I feel that I have been in a war and under siege for six years. "These activists are terrorists, they have run a terrorist campaign against our business." The activists researched their targets on the internet as their campaign spread from the Hall family to anyone associated with them. Bricks were thrown through windows, death threats made to farm workers, pyrotechnics set off outside their homes and hundreds of malicious letters sent. One was sent to May Hudson, a cleaner at the farm, saying they would dig up her husband's grave. "They dedicated themselves to their cause - 24 hours a day, seven days a week - devastating dozens of lives and striking fear into a whole community," said Mr Baker.

Peter H

Switch an email account to Mail, you could win FIFA World Cup tickets. To send an email to -

Guest guest

Hi Jo

As far as I can see, they were just nutters using animal rights as an excuse - not only did they attack the people running the farm, they also sent threatening letters to people who lived in the same street who had nothing whatsoever to do with the farm or the people running it. Just what they hoped to achieve is completely beyond me!

BB

Peter

-

jo

Thursday, May 11, 2006 9:58 PM

They removed the remains from a grave of the grandmother of the people that ran the guinea pig farm which supplied Huntingdon Life Sciences. They also gathered outside the house at night and threw stones at the house etc. and sent threatening letters. They also spray painted grafitti on their cars, and sometimes put paint stripper over the cars.

I can understand how the animal activists feel, but going too far hasn't achieved anything except getting them put in prison - for 12 years - where they won't be able to do anymore campaigning. Of course, it also makes all animal rights activists look bad, unfortunately.

Guest guest

Hi Peter

I can't understand that. Whatever they hoped to achieve -they didn't.

BBJo

-

Peter

Thursday, May 11, 2006 11:39 PM

Hi Jo

As far as I can see, they were just nutters using animal rights as an excuse - not only did they attack the people running the farm, they also sent threatening letters to people who lived in the same street who had nothing whatsoever to do with the farm or the people running it. Just what they hoped to achieve is completely beyond me!

BB

Peter

-

jo

Guest guest

sure they did...if their goal was to dig up old deceased people and go to jail

maybe they like jail....

maybe its part of an elaborate plan to break someone out of prison.....

maybe they have a thing fer prison food, and never could get a job as a guard

maybe they have a thing for..oh nevermind, not gonna say it....

jo May 11, 2006 3:47 PM Re: Four jailed in grave theft case

Hi Peter

I can't understand that. Whatever they hoped to achieve -they didn't.

BBJo

-

Peter

Thursday, May 11, 2006 11:39 PM

Hi Jo

BB

Peter

-

jo

I can understand how the animal activists feel, but going too far hasn't achieved anything except getting them put in prison - for 12 years - where they won't be able to do anymore campaigning. Of course, it also makes all animal rights activists look bad, unfortunately.To send an email to -

Guest guest

They deserve every day that they serve.Just a bunch of yobs looking for an excuse. Trouble is they were sponsered by donations to the animal rights group they pretended to represent. That money could have done some good. The Valley Vegan.............jo <jo.heartwork wrote: They removed the remains from a grave of the grandmother of the people that ran the guinea pig farm which supplied Huntingdon Life Sciences. They also gathered outside the house at night and threw stones at the house etc. and sent threatening letters. They also spray painted grafitti on their cars, and sometimes put paint stripper over the cars. I can understand how the animal activists feel, but going too far hasn't achieved anything except getting them put in prison - for 12 years - where they won't be able to do anymore campaigning. Of course, it also makes all animal rights activists look bad, unfortunately. Jo - fraggle Thursday, May 11, 2006 9:21 PM Re: Four jailed in grave theft case they freed guinea pigs into the english countryside?? peter hurd May 11, 2006 1:15 PM Re: Four jailed in grave theft case Four jailed in grave theft case Gladys Hammond's body was taken from a grave in October 2004Four animal rights activists have been jailed for waging a campaign of terror against a family which included digging up a grandmother's grave. The Hall family were targeted for six years by activists who aimed to stop them breeding guinea pigs for research. Jon Ablewhite, 36, of Manchester, Kerry Whitburn, 36, and John Smith, 39, both of the West Mids, were jailed for 12 years for conspiracy to blackmail. Josephine Mayo, 38, of Birmingham, was jailed for four years. They targeted David Hall and Partners, a family business which ran the breeding programme at a farm in Newchurch, Staffordshire. The campaign included protests outside Darley Oaks

Farm, a burglary in which 600 guinea pigs were freed and threats to family members, friends and employees. I feel that I have been in a war and under siege for six years Christopher Hall But it was the theft of Gladys Hammond's body from a graveyard in nearby Yoxall in October 2004 that "appalled and disgusted people nationwide", said Det Ch Insp Nick Baker. "Today's

lengthy sentences send a strong message to people who might be considering doing anything similar. "While lawful protestors have nothing to fear, single issue extremists will be caught and strongly punished for their offences," he said after the sentencing. The Hall family ceased their guinea pig breeding programme in January this year. The four were described as "terrorists" by one of their victims Mrs Hammond's body was discovered on Cannock Chase last week after Smith told police where to find it. Her remains are to be reburied at St

Peter's Churchyard. She was mother-in-law to John Hall, who ran the farm with his brother Christopher. A Hall family statement said: "We struggle to comprehend how anyone could conceive such a plan. We could only assume they were devoid of any emotions. "Animal rights extremists used psychological warfare, verbal abuse, criminal acts and very offensive propaganda in their quest to close our business". In a statement read out in court Christopher Hall said: "I feel that I have been in a war and under siege for six years. "These activists are terrorists, they have run a terrorist campaign against our business." The activists researched their targets on the internet as their campaign spread from the Hall family to anyone associated with them. Bricks were thrown through windows, death threats made to farm workers, pyrotechnics set off outside their homes and hundreds of malicious letters sent. One was sent to May Hudson,

a cleaner at the farm, saying they would dig up her husband's grave. "They dedicated themselves to their cause - 24 hours a day, seven days a week - devastating dozens of lives and striking fear into a whole community," said Mr Baker. Peter H Switch an email account to Mail, you could win FIFA World Cup tickets. To send an email to -

Guest guest

how can you say that ? i thank them for doin it . but what a sham they got court out lo .peter hurd <swpgh01 wrote: They deserve every day that they serve.Just a bunch of yobs looking for an excuse. Trouble is they were sponsered by donations to the animal rights group they pretended to represent. That money could have done some good. The Valley Vegan.............jo <jo.heartwork wrote: They removed the remains from a grave of the grandmother of the people that ran the guinea pig farm which supplied Huntingdon Life

Sciences. They also gathered outside the house at night and threw stones at the house etc. and sent threatening letters. They also spray painted grafitti on their cars, and sometimes put paint stripper over the cars. I can understand how the animal activists feel, but going too far hasn't achieved anything except getting them put in prison - for 12 years - where they won't be able to do anymore campaigning. Of course, it also makes all animal rights activists look bad, unfortunately. Jo - fraggle Thursday, May 11, 2006 9:21 PM Re: Four jailed in grave theft case they freed guinea pigs into the english countryside?? peter hurd May 11, 2006 1:15 PM Re: Four jailed in grave theft case Four jailed in grave theft case Gladys Hammond's body was taken from a grave in October 2004Four animal rights activists have been jailed for waging a campaign of terror against a family which included digging up a grandmother's grave. The Hall family were targeted for six years by activists who aimed to stop them breeding guinea pigs for research. Jon Ablewhite, 36, of Manchester, Kerry Whitburn, 36, and John Smith, 39, both of the West Mids, were jailed for 12 years for

conspiracy to blackmail. Josephine Mayo, 38, of Birmingham, was jailed for four years. They targeted David Hall and Partners, a family business which ran the breeding programme at a farm in Newchurch, Staffordshire. The campaign included protests outside Darley Oaks Farm, a burglary in which 600 guinea pigs were freed and threats to family members, friends and employees. I feel that I have been in a war and under siege for six years Christopher Hall But it was the theft of Gladys Hammond's body from a graveyard in nearby Yoxall in October 2004 that "appalled and disgusted people nationwide", said Det Ch Insp Nick Baker. "Today's lengthy sentences send a strong message to people who might be considering doing anything similar. "While lawful protestors have nothing to fear, single issue extremists will be caught and strongly punished for their offences," he said after the sentencing. The Hall family ceased their guinea pig breeding programme in January this year. The four were described as "terrorists" by one of their victims Mrs Hammond's body was discovered on Cannock Chase last week after Smith told police where to find it. Her remains are to be reburied at St Peter's Churchyard. She was mother-in-law to John Hall, who ran the farm with his brother Christopher. A Hall family statement said: "We struggle to comprehend how anyone could conceive such a plan. We could only assume they were devoid of any emotions. "Animal rights extremists used psychological warfare, verbal abuse, criminal acts and very offensive propaganda in their quest to close our business". In a statement read out in court Christopher Hall said: "I feel that I have been in a war and under siege for six years. "These activists are terrorists, they

have run a terrorist campaign against our business." The activists researched their targets on the internet as their campaign spread from the Hall family to anyone associated with them. Bricks were thrown through windows, death threats made to farm workers, pyrotechnics set off outside their homes and hundreds of malicious letters sent. One was sent to May Hudson, a cleaner at the farm, saying they would dig up her husband's grave. "They dedicated themselves to their cause - 24 hours a day, seven days a week - devastating dozens of lives and striking fear into a whole community," said Mr Baker. Peter H Switch an email account to Mail, you could win FIFA World Cup tickets. To send an email to -

Guest guest

I agree. I hope it will make other nutters think again.

Jo

-

peter hurd

Friday, May 12, 2006 8:45 PM

They deserve every day that they serve.Just a bunch of yobs looking for an excuse. Trouble is they were sponsered by donations to the animal rights group they pretended to represent. That money could have done some good.

The Valley Vegan.............jo <jo.heartwork wrote:

Jo

-

fraggle

Christopher Hall

Peter H

Guest guest

last week the animal liberation front realeased

hundreds of minks from their cages into the minnesota

countryside.

giving them a chance to live free

as we all are..

from a mink farm in howard lake, minnesota

no one was hurt and there was no damage

this got no publicity, good or bad.

, peter hurd <swpgh01 wrote:

>

> That detail is unclear, but given the actions that these morons have

commited nothing would surprise me.

>

> The Valley Vegan...............

>

> fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

> they freed guinea pigs into the english countryside??

>

>

>

> peter hurd

> May 11, 2006 1:15 PM

>

> Re: Four jailed in grave theft case

>

> Four jailed in grave theft case

Guest guest

i agree, these actions, might make people who are undecided/in the middle

in the issue of weather to support (veganism and vegans, and the

rights of animals)

to not support us because

they might dissmiss us as wackos

in that case the only

ones to lose are the animals

that need the support of more

mainstream people on their side.

, " jo " <jo.heartwork wrote:

>

> They removed the remains from a grave of the grandmother of the

people that ran the guinea pig farm which supplied Huntingdon Life

Sciences. They also gathered outside the house at night and threw

stones at the house etc. and sent threatening letters. They also

spray painted grafitti on their cars, and sometimes put paint stripper

over the cars.

>

> I can understand how the animal activists feel, but going too far

hasn't achieved anything except getting them put in prison - for 12

years - where they won't be able to do anymore campaigning. Of

course, it also makes all animal rights activists look bad, unfortunately.

>

Guest guest

I can say it quite easily. I don't agree with what they did, and they haven't achieved anything apart from bad publicity for the rest of us.

Jo

-

louis stott

Friday, May 12, 2006 9:14 PM

how can you say that ? i thank them for doin it . but what a sham they got

court out lo .peter hurd <swpgh01 wrote:

They deserve every day that they serve.Just a bunch of yobs looking for an excuse. Trouble is they were sponsered by donations to the animal rights group they pretended to represent. That money could have done some good.

The Valley Vegan.............jo <jo.heartwork wrote:

Jo

-

fraggle

Christopher Hall

Peter H

Guest guest

How will these ( probably ) captive bred mink survive in the wild? The Valley Vegan................net> wrote: last week the animal liberation front realeasedhundreds of minks from their cages into the minnesotacountryside.giving them a chance to live freeas we all are..from a mink farm in howard lake, minnesotano one was hurt and there was no damagethis got no publicity, good or bad. , peter hurd wrote:>> That detail is unclear, but given the actions that these morons havecommited nothing would surprise me.> > The Valley Vegan...............> > fraggle wrote:> they freed guinea pigs into the english countryside??> > >

> peter hurd > May 11, 2006 1:15 PM > > Re: Four jailed in grave theft case > > Four jailed in grave theft case

Guest guest

Now I am confused, You thank them for giving animal rights a bad name? Are you saying you condone grave robbing? violence ? intimidation? Wasting donations? The Valley Vegan..................louis stott <lsstott wrote: how can you say that ? i thank them for doin it . but what a sham they got court out lo .peter hurd <swpgh01 wrote: They deserve every day that they serve.Just a bunch of yobs looking for an excuse. Trouble is they were sponsered by donations to the animal rights group they pretended to represent. That money could have done some good. The Valley

Vegan.............jo <jo.heartwork wrote: They removed the remains from a grave of the grandmother of the people that ran the guinea pig farm which supplied Huntingdon Life Sciences. They also gathered outside the house at night and threw stones at the house etc. and sent threatening letters. They also spray painted grafitti on their cars, and sometimes put paint stripper over the cars. I can understand how the animal activists feel, but going too far hasn't achieved anything except getting them put in prison - for 12 years - where they won't be able to do anymore campaigning. Of course, it also makes all animal rights

activists look bad, unfortunately. Jo - fraggle Thursday, May 11, 2006 9:21 PM Re: Four jailed in grave theft case they freed guinea pigs into the english countryside?? peter hurd May 11, 2006 1:15 PM Re: Four jailed in grave theft case Four jailed in grave theft case Gladys Hammond's body was taken from a grave in October 2004Four animal rights activists have been jailed for waging a campaign of terror against a family which included digging up a grandmother's grave. The Hall family were targeted for six years by activists who aimed to stop them breeding guinea pigs for research. Jon Ablewhite, 36, of Manchester, Kerry Whitburn, 36, and John Smith, 39, both of the West Mids, were jailed for 12 years for conspiracy to blackmail. Josephine Mayo, 38, of Birmingham, was jailed for four years. They targeted David Hall and Partners, a family business which ran the breeding programme at a farm in Newchurch, Staffordshire. The campaign included protests outside Darley Oaks Farm, a burglary in which 600 guinea pigs were freed and threats to family members, friends and employees. I feel that I have been in a war and under siege for six years Christopher Hall But it was the theft of Gladys Hammond's body from a graveyard in nearby Yoxall in October 2004 that "appalled and disgusted people nationwide", said Det Ch Insp Nick Baker. "Today's lengthy sentences send a strong message to people who might be considering doing anything similar. "While lawful protestors have nothing to fear, single issue extremists will be caught and strongly punished for their offences," he said after the

sentencing. The Hall family ceased their guinea pig breeding programme in January this year. The four were described as "terrorists" by one of their victims Mrs Hammond's body was discovered on Cannock Chase last week after Smith told police where to find it. Her remains are to be reburied at St Peter's Churchyard. She was mother-in-law to John Hall, who ran the farm with his brother Christopher. A Hall family statement said: "We struggle to comprehend how anyone could conceive such a plan. We could only assume they were devoid of

any emotions. "Animal rights extremists used psychological warfare, verbal abuse, criminal acts and very offensive propaganda in their quest to close our business". In a statement read out in court Christopher Hall said: "I feel that I have been in a war and under siege for six years. "These activists are terrorists, they have run a terrorist campaign against our business." The activists researched their targets on the internet as their campaign spread from the Hall family to anyone associated with them. Bricks were thrown through windows, death threats made to farm workers, pyrotechnics set off outside their homes and hundreds of malicious letters sent. One was sent to May Hudson, a cleaner at the farm, saying they would dig up her husband's grave. "They dedicated themselves to their cause - 24 hours a day, seven days a week - devastating dozens of lives and striking fear into a whole community," said Mr Baker.

Peter H Switch an email account to Mail, you could win FIFA World Cup tickets. To send an email to -

Guest guest

no im not sayin that at toll .. what i can say is its a big big sham that the 4 got court . sorry bout spellin i find it hard peter hurd <swpgh01 wrote: Now I am confused, You thank them for giving animal rights a bad name? Are you saying you condone grave robbing? violence ? intimidation? Wasting donations? The Valley Vegan..................louis stott <lsstott wrote: how can you say that ? i thank them for doin it . but what a sham they got court out lo .peter hurd <swpgh01 wrote: They deserve every day that they serve.Just a bunch of yobs looking for an excuse. Trouble is they were sponsered by donations to the animal rights group they pretended to represent. That money could have done some good. The Valley Vegan.............jo <jo.heartwork wrote: They removed the remains from a grave of the grandmother of the people that ran the guinea pig farm which supplied Huntingdon Life Sciences. They also gathered outside the house at night and threw stones at the house etc. and sent threatening letters. They also spray painted grafitti on their cars, and sometimes put paint stripper over the cars. I can understand how the animal activists feel, but going too far hasn't achieved anything except getting them put in prison - for 12 years - where they won't be able to do anymore campaigning. Of course, it also makes all animal rights activists look bad, unfortunately. Jo - fraggle Thursday, May 11, 2006 9:21 PM Re: Four jailed in grave theft case they freed guinea pigs into the english countryside?? peter hurd May 11, 2006 1:15 PM Re: Four jailed in grave theft case Four jailed in grave theft case Gladys Hammond's body was taken from a grave in October 2004Four animal rights activists have been jailed for waging a campaign of terror against a family which included digging up a grandmother's grave. The Hall family were targeted for six years by activists who aimed to stop them breeding guinea pigs for research. Jon Ablewhite, 36, of Manchester, Kerry Whitburn, 36, and John Smith, 39, both of the West Mids, were jailed for 12 years for conspiracy to blackmail. Josephine Mayo, 38, of Birmingham, was jailed for four years. They targeted David Hall and Partners, a family business which ran the

breeding programme at a farm in Newchurch, Staffordshire. The campaign included protests outside Darley Oaks Farm, a burglary in which 600 guinea pigs were freed and threats to family members, friends and employees. I feel that I have been in a war and under siege for six years Christopher Hall But it was the theft of Gladys Hammond's body from a graveyard in nearby

Yoxall in October 2004 that "appalled and disgusted people nationwide", said Det Ch Insp Nick Baker. "Today's lengthy sentences send a strong message to people who might be considering doing anything similar. "While lawful protestors have nothing to fear, single issue extremists will be caught and strongly punished for their offences," he said after the sentencing. The Hall family ceased their guinea pig breeding programme in January this year. The four were described as "terrorists" by one of their victims Mrs Hammond's body was

discovered on Cannock Chase last week after Smith told police where to find it. Her remains are to be reburied at St Peter's Churchyard. She was mother-in-law to John Hall, who ran the farm with his brother Christopher. A Hall family statement said: "We struggle to comprehend how anyone could conceive such a plan. We could only assume they were devoid of any emotions. "Animal rights extremists used psychological warfare, verbal abuse, criminal acts and very offensive propaganda in their quest to close our business". In a statement read out in court Christopher Hall said: "I feel that I have been in a war and under siege for six years. "These activists are terrorists, they have run a terrorist campaign against our business." The activists researched their targets on the internet as their campaign spread from the Hall family to anyone associated with them. Bricks were thrown through windows, death threats made to farm workers,

pyrotechnics set off outside their homes and hundreds of malicious letters sent. One was sent to May Hudson, a cleaner at the farm, saying they would dig up her husband's grave. "They dedicated themselves to their cause - 24 hours a day, seven days a week - devastating dozens of lives and striking fear into a whole community," said Mr Baker. Peter H Switch an email account to Mail, you could win FIFA World Cup tickets. To send an email to -

Guest guest

but how can you say that ? we all have are own thouts on this lo jist for your info i cart wait to vist them in side iv asked one of them to send me a VO jo <jo.heartwork wrote: I can say it quite easily. I don't agree with what they did, and they haven't achieved anything apart from bad publicity for the rest of us. Jo - louis stott Friday, May 12, 2006 9:14 PM Re: Four jailed in grave theft case how can you say that ? i thank them for doin it . but what a sham they got court out lo .peter hurd <swpgh01 wrote: They deserve every day that they serve.Just a bunch of yobs looking for an excuse. Trouble is they were sponsered by donations to the animal rights group they pretended to represent. That money could have done some

good. The Valley Vegan.............jo <jo.heartwork wrote: They removed the remains from a grave of the grandmother of the people that ran the guinea pig farm which supplied Huntingdon Life Sciences. They also gathered outside the house at night and threw stones at the house etc. and sent threatening letters. They also spray painted grafitti on their cars, and sometimes put paint stripper over the cars. I can understand how the animal activists feel, but going too far hasn't achieved anything except getting them put in prison - for 12 years - where they won't be able to do anymore

campaigning. Of course, it also makes all animal rights activists look bad, unfortunately. Jo - fraggle Thursday, May 11, 2006 9:21 PM Re: Four jailed in grave theft case they freed guinea pigs into the english

countryside?? peter hurd May 11, 2006 1:15 PM Re: Four jailed in grave theft case Four jailed in grave theft case Gladys Hammond's body was taken from a grave in October

2004Four animal rights activists have been jailed for waging a campaign of terror against a family which included digging up a grandmother's grave. The Hall family were targeted for six years by activists who aimed to stop them breeding guinea pigs for research. Jon Ablewhite, 36, of Manchester, Kerry Whitburn, 36, and John Smith, 39, both of the West Mids, were jailed for 12 years for conspiracy to blackmail. Josephine Mayo, 38, of Birmingham, was jailed for four years. They targeted David Hall and Partners, a family business which ran the breeding programme at a farm in Newchurch, Staffordshire. The campaign included protests outside Darley Oaks Farm, a burglary in which 600 guinea pigs were freed and threats to family members, friends and employees. I feel that I have been in a war and under siege for six years Christopher Hall But it was the theft of Gladys Hammond's body from a graveyard in nearby Yoxall in October 2004 that "appalled and disgusted people nationwide", said Det Ch Insp Nick Baker. "Today's lengthy sentences send a strong message to people who might be considering doing anything similar. "While lawful protestors have nothing to fear, single issue extremists will be caught and

strongly punished for their offences," he said after the sentencing. The Hall family ceased their guinea pig breeding programme in January this year. The four were described as "terrorists" by one of their victims Mrs Hammond's body was discovered on Cannock Chase last week after Smith told police where to find it. Her remains are to be reburied at St Peter's Churchyard. She was mother-in-law to John Hall, who ran the farm with his brother Christopher. A Hall family statement said: "We struggle to comprehend how anyone could conceive

such a plan. We could only assume they were devoid of any emotions. "Animal rights extremists used psychological warfare, verbal abuse, criminal acts and very offensive propaganda in their quest to close our business". In a statement read out in court Christopher Hall said: "I feel that I have been in a war and under siege for six years. "These activists are terrorists, they have run a terrorist campaign against our business." The activists researched their targets on the internet as their campaign spread from the Hall family to anyone associated with them. Bricks were thrown through windows, death threats made to farm workers, pyrotechnics set off outside their homes and hundreds of malicious letters sent. One was sent to May Hudson, a cleaner at the farm, saying they would dig up her husband's grave. "They dedicated themselves to their cause - 24 hours a day, seven days a week - devastating dozens of lives and striking

fear into a whole community," said Mr Baker. Peter H Switch an email account to Mail, you could win FIFA World Cup tickets. To send an email to -

Guest guest

Hi Louis

>how can you say that ? i thank them for doin it . but what a sham they got

>court out lo .

I agree with Peter (VV) - these people are nutters. All they do is make us all look like violent radicals, who distract from the very good arguments which will eventually bring about an end to vivisection, and give the media the opportunity to avoid the issues, thereby extending the life of the horrific experimentation.

BB

Peter

Guest guest

Hi Peter

>How will these ( probably ) captive bred mink survive in the wild?

Better than they will on a fur farm!!!!

BB

Peter

Guest guest

all im goin to add to this ... we got are own thouts on this matter ant we ? i still say thank you to them jist for your info im goin to vist them soon bye byePeter <metalscarab wrote: Hi Louis >how can you say that ? i thank them for doin it . but what a sham they got >court out lo . I agree with Peter (VV) - these people are nutters. All they do is make us all look like violent radicals, who distract from the very good arguments which will eventually bring about an end to vivisection, and give the media the opportunity to avoid the issues, thereby extending

the life of the horrific experimentation. BB PeterSend instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.

Guest guest

What is the result of their actions. Tony Blair is now signing up in

full voice for animal experiments abnd you can bet he will bring in

even tougher laws against animal activism - all because some people

break the law. What they did was silly and useless. What is there

to be proud of an action that is supposed to be helpful but is silly

and useless?

Jo

, louis stott <lsstott wrote:

>

> all im goin to add to this ... we got are own thouts on this matter

ant we ?

> i still say thank you to them jist for your info im goin to vist

them soon

> bye bye

>

> Peter <metalscarab wrote:

> Hi Louis

>

> >how can you say that ? i thank them for doin it . but what a

sham they got

> >court out lo .

>

> I agree with Peter (VV) - these people are nutters. All they do

is make us all look like violent radicals, who distract from the very

good arguments which will eventually bring about an end to

vivisection, and give the media the opportunity to avoid the issues,

thereby extending the life of the horrific experimentation.

>

> BB

> Peter

>

>

> To send an email to -

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

it played a big part in getin the place shut down . i think and as for mr blair it should mean sod all too us heartwerk <jo.heartwork wrote: What is the result of their actions. Tony Blair is now signing up in full voice for animal experiments abnd you can bet he will bring in even tougher laws against animal activism - all because some people break the law. What they did was silly and useless. What is there to be proud of an action that is supposed to be helpful but is silly and useless?Jo , louis stott <lsstott wrote:>> all im goin to add to this ... we got are own thouts on this matter ant we ?> i still say thank you to them jist for your info im goin to vist them soon

> bye bye> > Peter <metalscarab wrote:> Hi Louis> > >how can you say that ? i thank them for doin it . but what a sham they got > >court out lo .> > I agree with Peter (VV) - these people are nutters. All they do is make us all look like violent radicals, who distract from the very good arguments which will eventually bring about an end to vivisection, and give the media the opportunity to avoid the issues, thereby extending the life of the horrific experimentation.> > BB> Peter> > > To send an email to - > > > >

Guest guest

Hi Louis

>it played a big part in getin the place shut down . i think and as

>for mr blair it should mean sod all too us

It played no part whatsoever in shutting the place down - that was achieved by the major *peaceful* pressure campaign (letter writing and peaceful demonstrations) which resulted in the withdrawal of corporate backing for the project, and left the owners in a position where they could not run the business as they had no money. All these people did was attack and threaten random people (some of whom had no connection whatsoever to the place), divert media attention to violent action, and cause a knee-jerk reaction from the government which will perpetuate animal and human suffering for much longer than would be the case if we can actually get the arguments against vivisection into the public arena.

Tony Blair's action is no surprise, as he's previously bailed out HLS when they were on the verge of shutting down - but there are major issues around keeping secret who is investing in these places... I believe that I have a right to know how any money I invest in banks or spend in shops is being used, and the removal of that right should be challenged in human rights courts, should it ever happen.

BB

Peter

Guest guest

What would you think if someone dug your relatives up and stole their remains because they didnt like the firm you worked for? Would you think that was the best way for them to put their point forward, would you think it fair and appropriate to their case? Or would it decry their case and make you less receptive to their argument. Visit them if you will, its up to you, but I think most people in Animal Welfare/Anti Vivisectionists groups, even the far right nutters in ALF, wouldnt think that their action has achieved anything. They certainly had nothing to do with the closure.They have closed so many ears to our voice. Anyway I will leave you with this: Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. -Leo Buscaglia, author (1924-1998) The Valley Vegan.............louis stott <lsstott wrote: all im goin to add to this ... we got are own thouts on this matter ant we ? i still

say thank you to them jist for your info im goin to vist them soon bye byePeter <metalscarab wrote: Hi Louis >how can you say that ? i thank them for doin it . but what a sham they got >court out lo . I agree with Peter (VV) - these people are nutters. All they do is make us all look like violent radicals, who distract from the very good arguments which will eventually bring about an end to vivisection, and give the media the opportunity to avoid the issues, thereby extending the life of the horrific experimentation. BB Peter Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger. Peter H

Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.

Guest guest

What I meant ( smarty pants ) is will they be too imprinted to revert to catching prey etc.? I know they are ferocious predetors in the wild, but can they revert, was what I was asking? and also what effect will they have on the local eco system? The Valley Vegan................Peter <metalscarab wrote: Hi Peter >How will these ( probably ) captive bred mink survive in the wild? Better than they will on a fur farm!!!! BB PeterPeter H

Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.