IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Lines drawn in battle over Christmas

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Pass me the birch next will you? I feel a need for self flagilation,.............but thats nthing to do with any religion!.......................ooooooh did I think that or type it?......................................maybe its the holy CPU? The Valley Vegan.................Peter <metalscarab wrote: Hi Linda > The American Family Association exists to motivate and equip citizens to change the culture to > reflect Biblical truth Absolutely right too... there's just too many people get away with wearing garments made from mixed fabrics without getting stoned for it... and as for all those horrible people who shave and have their hear cut... it's just terrible.... BB Peter PS just in case there's any doubt, the above is written with a huge helping of sarcasm... Peter H

Messenger NEW - crystal clear PC to PC calling worldwide with voicemail

Guest guest

Bless you my son, for imparting your pure thoughts................... The Valley Vegan................Peter <metalscarab wrote: Hi Peter > I stand corrected ( bloody tight trousers!) Well, please, take a seat... :-) > I know some Christian buildings were built on such sights. Loads were - but mostly a lot older than the buildings at Avebury - more when they were desperately trying to convert the pagan folk to the ways of Christianity... BB Peter Peter H

Cars NEW - sell your car and browse thousands of new and used cars online search now

Guest guest

X-mas is ever in evidence over here, but its easily avoidable. I couldnt give two hoots about it, but for my kids. They have had no relious upbringing from me, only school. When I was a welshlet, my parents made me go to Sunday School every Sunday until I was 15 or 16. My mother still goes to church every Sunday. You may have holiday plays , but are they religious ones, we had a tradition of nativity plays taken from us. No-one watched them for the religious content, only to see their kids looking cute up on a stage, and if any parent ever told you otherwise, it would be a lie. I wasnt taking it to the extreme as you said, I was just pointing out that the majority are in similar mind in wanting the traditional nativity plays/decorations etc at this time of year. But dont let me stop you if you want to do all those things, because as I have said it should be up to the individual not imposed by some do-gooders. The

Valley Vegan..............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: can't speak for wot happens over in walesville but..here...x-mas has always been shoved down our throats.... there are still holiday plays in all the skools, as far as i know...and yup, prolly a teacher er principle prolly gets his/her panties in abunch and goes overboard trying to please everyone and no one..... but this isn't a theocracy..not yet anyways..... if its majority rule, then i guess i'd better get back to eating dead flesh, and voting republican, and bashing anyone who isn't rich, caucasian, christian(of the right stripe as well...) and doesn't know there place... ho ho ho!! :) peter

hurd Dec 10, 2005 4:19 PM Re: Lines drawn in battle over Christmas Boy you write some long replies! my main bugbear is this PC society, no-one bats an eye lid when Diwali, Hannukah, or even Druid ceremonies around stonehenge come about, but try and have Christmas in our schools and they are not allowed. Instead of the traditional nativity play ( which used to be very cute with the infants school kids ) they have to try and avoid any religious imagery even in areas like mine where there are few, if no Jews/Muslims/etc, and quite frankly not that many Christians ( although still the major faith by a mile), we still have to avoid upseting minorities , even if there are none in the schools! ( in my area less than 5% of all schools are of non white origin). Now dont think that I am being racist ( unless you are English! - just a joke for Peter),

but this PC society seems to put the minorities rights before the majority ( without even asking them!) and doesnt seem to try to find some middle ground. I believe it was a famous Leutenant who once said " The needs of the many, outway the needs of the few" The URL is : http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4512156.stm Live Long And Prosper The Valley Vegan............... When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross. -Sinclair Lewis Peter H

To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all new Security Centre.

Guest guest

Hi Peter

> I wasnt taking it to the extreme as you said, I was just pointing out that the majority are in similar mind in wanting the

> traditional nativity plays/decorations etc at this time of year.

Alternatively, we could accept that things change. In the 16th century, one of the most exhorbitant festivals was St John's Day... when did you last celebrate that, or go to a St John's day play at the local school... that always used to happen, but it changed...

BB

Peter

Guest guest

Point taken,.....nearly had my eye out with it then! The Valley Vegan...............Peter <metalscarab wrote: Hi Peter > I wasnt taking it to the extreme as you said, I was just pointing out that the majority are in similar mind in wanting the > traditional nativity plays/decorations etc at this time of year. Alternatively, we could accept that things change. In the 16th century, one of the most exhorbitant festivals was St John's Day... when did you last celebrate that, or go to a St John's day play at the local school... that always used to happen, but it

changed... BB Peter Peter H

Messenger NEW - crystal clear PC to PC calling worldwide with voicemail