IndiaDivine.org

UK vs US

Rate this topic

Guest guest

okay, you all have to straighten me out as to who is in which country...I thought I had it figured out...jo, you are in the UK and fraggle you are in the states? Peter is where? Both. And use plain English without the accents.

linda

"Whatever you do will be insignificant and it is very important that you do it."Mohandas Gandhi

linda's Growing Stitchery Projects: womyn47

-

jo

Friday, December 09, 2005 11:57 AM

Re: Re: Animal Products as gifts

Over here fashion leather is from sheep. Cow leather is used for leathersettees etc.Jo-"fraggle" <EBbrewpunxFriday, December 09, 2005 6:42 PMRe: Re: Animal Products as gifts> not over here> most leather is cow, by a long shot> sheep is much more expensive...>> > heartwerk <jo.heartwork> Dec 9, 2005 12:02 AM> > Re: Animal Products as gifts>> Most leather is from sheep, not cows.>> Jo>> , "linda" <lindai81@c...> wrote:> >> > I was just reading today The Idiot's Guide to being a Vegan, pg> 311. Learned a lot of stuff that I hadn't known. I knew that fur can> be labeled as rabbit, fox, etc and if from China or other countries> it could be from a dog or a cat. Nasty. However, leather> manufacturers around the world sometimes use skins from other animal> such as cats, dogs, horses, pigs, goats, sheep, deer in their> production fo their leather products. Truth in labeling laws are> virtually non-existent for leather products and those products are> imported to the U.S.> > linda> > "Whatever you do will be insignificant and it is very important> that you do it."> > Mohandas Gandhi> >> > linda's Growing Stitchery Projects: womyn47> > -> > Christa> > > > Thursday, December 08, 2005 1:32 PM> > Animal Products as gifts Re: Dining out-rant> >> >> > Oh my, all this reminds me of when my mother gave me a RABBIT FUR> > scarf! I couldn't believe it, what was she thinking?? She was> > shocked, too - said "well it was so cheap, I figured it was> fake!"> > Haha. It was so cheap because it was on clearance, so she> couldn't> > take it back - I think she gave it to one of my nieces instead.> >>>>>>>>> To send an email to - >

Hi Linda

> okay, you all have to straighten me out as to who is in which country...I thought I had it figured

> out...jo, you are in the UK and fraggle you are in the states? Peter is where? Both. And use plain

> English without the accents.

I'm in England... the other Peter is a few miles over the border from me in Wales...

BB

Peter

jo and peter are UK...

other peter is welsh

nikki is chi-town USA

fraggle..gawd..where am i? under the desk methinks....bay area cal-i-for-ni-a

anouk(who's gone quiet) florida

jonnie is phoenixville

vijay(who also has gone quiet) is cannadia

etc and so forth linda Dec 9, 2005 1:02 PM UK vs US

okay, you all have to straighten me out as to who is in which country...I thought I had it figured out...jo, you are in the UK and fraggle you are in the states? Peter is where? Both. And use plain English without the accents.

linda

"Whatever you do will be insignificant and it is very important that you do it."Mohandas Gandhi

-

jo

Over here fashion leather is from sheep. Cow leather is used for leathersettees etc.Jo-"fraggle" <EBbrewpunxFriday, December 09, 2005 6:42 PMRe: Re: Animal Products as gifts> not over here> most leather is cow, by a long shot> sheep is much more expensive...>> > heartwerk <jo.heartwork> Dec 9, 2005 12:02 AM> > Re: Animal Products as gifts>> Most leather is from sheep, not cows.>> Jo>> , "linda" <lindai81@c...> wrote:> >> > I was just reading today The Idiot's Guide to being a Vegan, pg> 311. Learned a lot of stuff that I hadn't known. I knew that fur can> be labeled as rabbit, fox, etc and if from China or other countries> it could be from a dog or a cat. Nasty. However, leather> manufacturers around the world sometimes use skins from other animal> such as cats, dogs, horses, pigs, goats, sheep, deer in their> production fo their leather products. Truth in labeling laws are> virtually non-existent for leather products and those products are> imported to the U.S.> > linda> > "Whatever you do will be insignificant and it is very important> that you do it."> > Mohandas Gandhi> >> > linda's Growing Stitchery Projects: womyn47> > -> > Christa> > > > Thursday, December 08, 2005 1:32 PM> > Animal Products as gifts Re: Dining out-rant> >> >> > Oh my, all this reminds me of when my mother gave me a RABBIT FUR> > scarf! I couldn't believe it, what was she thinking?? She was> > shocked, too - said "well it was so cheap, I figured it was> fake!"> > Haha. It was so cheap because it was on clearance, so she> couldn't> > take it back - I think she gave it to one of my nieces instead.> >>>>>>>>> To send an email to - >

Hi Linda

Peter (list owner) is in England, and Peter (Valley Vegan) is in Wales.

Jo

-

linda

Friday, December 09, 2005 9:02 PM

UK vs US

linda

-

jo

okay, that clears up the Peters BBPeter in England, Peter H in Wales...do I have that or are there now three of you?

linda

-

Peter

Friday, December 09, 2005 2:10 PM

Re: UK vs US

Hi Linda

> okay, you all have to straighten me out as to who is in which country...I thought I had it figured

> out...jo, you are in the UK and fraggle you are in the states? Peter is where? Both. And use plain

> English without the accents.

I'm in England... the other Peter is a few miles over the border from me in Wales...

BB

Peter

What might be confusing is that there are 2 Peters.linda <lindai81 wrote: okay, you all have to straighten me out as to who is in which country...I thought I had it figured out...jo, you are in the UK and fraggle you are in the states? Peter is where? Both. And use plain English without the accents. linda "Whatever you do will be insignificant and it is very important that you do it."Mohandas Gandhi linda's Growing Stitchery Projects: womyn47 - jo Friday, December 09, 2005 11:57 AM Re: Re: Animal Products as gifts Over here fashion leather is from sheep. Cow leather is used for leathersettees etc.Jo-"fraggle" <EBbrewpunxFriday, December 09, 2005 6:42

PMRe: Re: Animal Products as gifts> not over here> most leather is cow, by a long shot> sheep is much more expensive...>> > heartwerk <jo.heartwork> Dec 9, 2005 12:02 AM> > Re: Animal Products as gifts>> Most leather is from sheep, not cows.>> Jo>> , "linda" <lindai81@c...> wrote:> >> > I was just reading today The Idiot's Guide to being a Vegan, pg> 311. Learned a lot of stuff that I hadn't known. I knew that fur can> be labeled as rabbit, fox, etc and if from China or other countries> it could be from a dog or a cat. Nasty. However, leather> manufacturers around the world sometimes use skins from other animal> such as cats, dogs, horses, pigs,

goats, sheep, deer in their> production fo their leather products. Truth in labeling laws are> virtually non-existent for leather products and those products are> imported to the U.S.> > linda> > "Whatever you do will be insignificant and it is very important> that you do it."> > Mohandas Gandhi> >> > linda's Growing Stitchery Projects: womyn47> > -> > Christa> > > > Thursday, December 08, 2005 1:32 PM> > Animal Products as gifts Re: Dining out-rant> >> >> > Oh my, all this reminds me of when my mother gave me a RABBIT FUR> > scarf! I couldn't believe it, what was she

thinking?? She was> > shocked, too - said "well it was so cheap, I figured it was> fake!"> > Haha. It was so cheap because it was on clearance, so she> couldn't> > take it back - I think she gave it to one of my nieces instead.> >>>>>>>>> To send an email to - >

thats perverted Jonnie Hellens Dec 9, 2005 3:05 PM Re: UK vs US

What might be confusing is that there are 2 Peters.linda <lindai81 wrote:

linda

-

jo

Hey, I don't mess with ur fantasy, do I?fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: thats perverted Jonnie Hellens Dec 9, 2005 3:05 PM Re: UK vs US What might be confusing is that there are 2 Peters.linda <lindai81 wrote: okay, you all have to straighten me out as to who is in which country...I thought I had it figured out...jo, you are in

the UK and fraggle you are in the states? Peter is where? Both. And use plain English without the accents. linda "Whatever you do will be insignificant and it is very important that you do it."Mohandas Gandhi linda's Growing Stitchery Projects: womyn47 - jo Friday, December 09, 2005 11:57 AM Re: Re: Animal Products as gifts Over here fashion leather is from sheep. Cow leather is used for leathersettees etc.Jo-"fraggle" <EBbrewpunxFriday, December 09, 2005 6:42 PMRe: Re: Animal Products as gifts> not over here> most leather is cow, by a long shot> sheep is much more expensive...>> > heartwerk <jo.heartwork> Dec 9, 2005 12:02 AM> > Re: Animal Products as gifts>> Most leather is from sheep,

not cows.>> Jo>> , "linda" <lindai81@c...> wrote:> >> > I was just reading today The Idiot's Guide to being a Vegan, pg> 311. Learned a lot of stuff that I hadn't known. I knew that fur can> be labeled as rabbit, fox, etc and if from China or other countries> it could be from a dog or a cat. Nasty. However, leather> manufacturers around the world sometimes use skins from other animal> such as cats, dogs, horses, pigs, goats, sheep, deer in their> production fo their leather products. Truth in labeling laws are> virtually non-existent for leather products and those products are> imported to the U.S.> > linda> > "Whatever you do will be insignificant and it is very important> that you do it."> > Mohandas Gandhi> >> > linda's Growing Stitchery Projects: womyn47> > -> > Christa> > > > Thursday, December 08, 2005 1:32 PM> > Animal Products as gifts Re: Dining out-rant> >> >> > Oh my, all this reminds me of when my mother gave me a RABBIT FUR> > scarf! I couldn't believe it, what was she thinking?? She was> > shocked, too - said "well it was so cheap, I figured it was> fake!"> > Haha. It was so cheap because it was on clearance, so she> couldn't> > take it back - I think she gave it to one of my nieces instead.> >>>>>>>>> To send an email to

- >

yes you doooooooooooooooooo Jonnie Hellens Dec 9, 2005 4:21 PM Re: UK vs US

Hey, I don't mess with ur fantasy, do I?fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

thats perverted Jonnie Hellens Dec 9, 2005 3:05 PM Re: UK vs US

What might be confusing is that there are 2 Peters.linda <lindai81 wrote:

linda

-

jo

Thank you for such a succinct rundown of eight of the people on the list out of the 812 members listed as belonging. Whatyado? Chase them all off? Get busy I want an accounting of the remaining 804 members.

linda

-

fraggle

jo and peter are UK...

other peter is welsh

nikki is chi-town USA

fraggle..gawd..where am i? under the desk methinks....bay area cal-i-for-ni-a

anouk(who's gone quiet) florida

jonnie is phoenixville

vijay(who also has gone quiet) is cannadia

etc and so forth

Peter (not VV) is the Son of Jo, Royal Keeper of the Potato, Born of

the Cusp, Protector of Bunburying society, Reader of the books, Co-

Owner and part founder of the Evil Twins, destroyer of the

undestroyable, yes, he is Peter!

(Such A silly mood today)

And um he is in the UK.

Peter VV speaker of the funny language, landlord to the kitties,

herder of the sheep and um guy with the tiny house, is in Wales.

(Sorry Peter, not enough slightly off the wall ammo on you)

I am in IL.

And you Linda? Whereabouts do you hail from?

Nikki

, " linda " <lindai81@c...> wrote:

>

> okay, you all have to straighten me out as to who is in which

country...I thought I had it figured out...jo, you are in the UK and

fraggle you are in the states? Peter is where? Both. And use plain

English without the accents.

> linda

> " Whatever you do will be insignificant and it is very important

that you do it. "

> Mohandas Gandhi

>

> linda's Growing Stitchery Projects: womyn47

Oh, now I know who I have to suck up too. ROFL (just kidding Peter so be nice to me) Blame it on jo.

linda

-

jo

Hi Linda

Jo

Do you really think I am stupid enough to tell any of you lunatics where I live? I am incognito until paid enough to reveal my true identity. After reading all of you for a week or so now..I think it all started Dec. 1st, I know that I shall be using my bomb shelter for nightly sleep overs. My clones guard the doors to my den where I rest my weary eyes and devour soy delights. (that's not-ice cream to you all) Nikki, you are a sly one but not as sly as I. Who shall I invite to the sleep overs though? But seriously, I hail from

linda

-

earthstrm

Friday, December 09, 2005 6:39 PM

Peter (not VV) is the Son of Jo, Royal Keeper of the Potato, Born of the Cusp, Protector of Bunburying society, Reader of the books, Co-Owner and part founder of the Evil Twins, destroyer of the undestroyable, yes, he is Peter!(Such A silly mood today)And um he is in the UK.Peter VV speaker of the funny language, landlord to the kitties, herder of the sheep and um guy with the tiny house, is in Wales.(Sorry Peter, not enough slightly off the wall ammo on you)I am in IL.And you Linda? Whereabouts do you hail from?Nikki

Hi Linda,

Between you and I, blaming Peter's mum is not a good way of sucking

up Sweetie. :)

Nikki

>

> Oh, now I know who I have to suck up too. ROFL (just kidding Peter

so be nice to me) Blame it on jo.

> linda

>

that you do it. "

> Mohandas Gandhi

>

> -

> jo

>

>

> Hi Linda

>

> Peter (list owner) is in England, and Peter (Valley Vegan) is in

Wales.

>

> Jo

>

Hmmmm, perhaps ye are hinding your true identity!

Sounds quite suspicious to me. :)

Nikki

>

> Do you really think I am stupid enough to tell any of you lunatics

where I live? I am incognito until paid enough to reveal my true

identity. After reading all of you for a week or so now..I think it

all started Dec. 1st, I know that I shall be using my bomb shelter

for nightly sleep overs. My clones guard the doors to my den where I

rest my weary eyes and devour soy delights. (that's not-ice cream to

you all) Nikki, you are a sly one but not as sly as I. Who shall I

invite to the sleep overs though? But seriously, I hail from

> linda

that you do it. "

> Mohandas Gandhi

>

> -

> earthstrm

>

> Friday, December 09, 2005 6:39 PM

> Re: UK vs US

>

>

> Peter (not VV) is the Son of Jo, Royal Keeper of the Potato,

Born of

> the Cusp, Protector of Bunburying society, Reader of the books,

Co-

> Owner and part founder of the Evil Twins, destroyer of the

> undestroyable, yes, he is Peter!

> (Such A silly mood today)

>

> And um he is in the UK.

>

> Peter VV speaker of the funny language, landlord to the kitties,

> herder of the sheep and um guy with the tiny house, is in Wales.

> (Sorry Peter, not enough slightly off the wall ammo on you)

>

> I am in IL.

>

> And you Linda? Whereabouts do you hail from?

>

> Nikki

>

Hi Linda,

Then go find them! :) I tried calling them out a little while ago

and all I managed to get was Alex. Which incidentally was wonderful.

Now where has she gone off to I wonder?

Nikki

>

> Thank you for such a succinct rundown of eight of the people on

the list out of the 812 members listed as belonging. Whatyado? Chase

them all off? Get busy I want an accounting of the remaining 804

members.

> linda

> -

> fraggle

>

> jo and peter are UK...

> other peter is welsh

> nikki is chi-town USA

> fraggle..gawd..where am i? under the desk methinks....bay area

cal-i-for-ni-a

> anouk(who's gone quiet) florida

> jonnie is phoenixville

> vijay(who also has gone quiet) is cannadia

> etc and so forth

>

Hi Nikki

> Then go find them! :) I tried calling them out a little while ago

> and all I managed to get was Alex. Which incidentally was wonderful.

> Now where has she gone off to I wonder?

She's still around somewhere.... Alex... post something.... a recipe for

those orange biscuits, perhaps ;-)

BB

Peter

Do I get a prize for giving you the heads up??? :-)Jo

-

linda

Saturday, December 10, 2005 2:40 AM

Oh, now I know who I have to suck up too. ROFL (just kidding Peter so be nice to me) Blame it on jo.

linda

-

jo

Hi Linda

Jo

HUH? You lost me now. Peter's mum?

linda

-

earthstrm

Hi Linda,Between you and I, blaming Peter's mum is not a good way of sucking up Sweetie. :)Nikki , "linda" <lindai81@c...> wrote:>> Oh, now I know who I have to suck up too. ROFL (just kidding Peter so be nice to me) Blame it on jo.> linda> > "Whatever you do will be insignificant and it is very important that you do it."> Mohandas Gandhi> > linda's Growing Stitchery Projects: womyn47> - > jo > > > Hi Linda> > Peter (list owner) is in England, and Peter (Valley Vegan) is in Wales.> > Jo>

Oregon....that is in the U.S., the blood sucking, endlessly greedy, power hungry country across from you. However, take heart...not sure why though. Now, if the FBI comes lumbering to my door I will know that you turned me in. <grinning>

linda

-

earthstrm

Saturday, December 10, 2005 4:19 AM

Hmmmm, perhaps ye are hinding your true identity!Sounds quite suspicious to me. :)Nikki , "linda" <lindai81@c...> wrote:>> Do you really think I am stupid enough to tell any of you lunatics where I live? I am incognito until paid enough to reveal my true identity. After reading all of you for a week or so now..I think it all started Dec. 1st, I know that I shall be using my bomb shelter for nightly sleep overs. My clones guard the doors to my den where I rest my weary eyes and devour soy delights. (that's not-ice cream to you all) Nikki, you are a sly one but not as sly as I. Who shall I invite to the sleep overs though? But seriously, I hail from> linda> "Whatever you do will be insignificant and it is very important that you do it."> Mohandas Gandhi> > linda's Growing Stitchery Projects: womyn47> - > earthstrm > > Friday, December 09, 2005 6:39 PM> Re: UK vs US> > > Peter (not VV) is the Son of Jo, Royal Keeper of the Potato, Born of > the Cusp, Protector of Bunburying society, Reader of the books, Co-> Owner and part founder of the Evil Twins, destroyer of the > undestroyable, yes, he is Peter!> (Such A silly mood today)> > And um he is in the UK.> > Peter VV speaker of the funny language, landlord to the kitties, > herder of the sheep and um guy with the tiny house, is in Wales.> (Sorry Peter, not enough slightly off the wall ammo on you)> > I am in IL.> > And you Linda? Whereabouts do you hail from?> > Nikki>

It is due to the unintelligible language we use. I am always lost too.

linda

-

earthstrm

Hi Linda,Then go find them! :) I tried calling them out a little while ago and all I managed to get was Alex. Which incidentally was wonderful.Now where has she gone off to I wonder?Nikki , "linda" <lindai81@c...> wrote:>> Thank you for such a succinct rundown of eight of the people on the list out of the 812 members listed as belonging. Whatyado? Chase them all off? Get busy I want an accounting of the remaining 804 members.> linda> - > fraggle > > jo and peter are UK...> other peter is welsh> nikki is chi-town USA> fraggle..gawd..where am i? under the desk methinks....bay area cal-i-for-ni-a> anouk(who's gone quiet) florida> jonnie is phoenixville> vijay(who also has gone quiet) is cannadia> etc and so forth>

Did you ever see the original Exorcist back in the '70's I think? Maybe it was the 60's. Linda Blair's head spinning 360 degrees? That is what my poor head is currently doing. Get my head to quit spinning and you will be rewarded greatly.

linda

-

jo

Saturday, December 10, 2005 6:16 AM

Do I get a prize for giving you the heads up??? :-)Jo

-

linda

Saturday, December 10, 2005 2:40 AM

linda

-

jo

Hi Linda

Jo