IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Vegans and war

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Oooooooh - Dr Who talk - I'm getting excited again. We have cybermen

in the next series and an episode on Christmas day - can't wait.

I have a sneaky suspicion that my favourite might turn out to be

David Tennant.

BB

Jo

, " earthstrm " <earthstorm@c...>

wrote:

>

> NOOOOOO! Not me! I am too scared of Daleks to make fake ones!

>

> Perhaps Peter put them on the twin line as a sort of fail safe

> against me.

>

> Eeeek!

>

> And Tom Baker was my fav!

>

> Nikki :)

>

>

>

> but they couldn't and never did for the twenty odd years before

> that..and since i stopped watching dr who in the early 80's,

> everything made after tom baker left is fake..and those aren't

> daleks but facsimiles...

> :)

> i think nikki is responsible fer their creation....

>

>

>

> Peter

> Dec 7, 2005 2:48 PM

>

> Re: Vegans and war

>

>

> Hi Fraggle

>

> > yeah..i've seen em walk up stairs...

>

> *putting on anorak*.... Daleks can do that - they did it in 1988,

> in " Remembrance of The Daleks " , and again this year in " Dalek " ...

>

> BB

> Peter

>

Guest guest

Hi Fraggle

> thats cuz they had one of those roller ramps...shot em out in seconds...

No chance... the roller ramps aren't waterproof :-) besides, the stairs could be clearly seen, and there were no roller ramps on them!

BB

Peter

Guest guest

Hi Nikki

> Perhaps Peter put them on the twin line as a sort of fail safe

> against me.

Evil twin daleks, now there's an idea....

> And Tom Baker was my fav!

He does seem to have been very popular. I quite like him, but reckon I'd put

him 3rd or 4th. My favourite is Patrick Troughton, then Peter Davison. But

they were all excellent - although some of them suffered from having bad

directors and bad plots for a lot of their stories... I think it's a shame

the original series ended when it did, because the last series they did was

one of the best.... unfortunately they'd killed the popularity with

Sylvester McCoy's first series, which was, on the whole, pretty bad!

BB

Peter

Guest guest

I think I would put Jon Pertwee first, then Tom Baker, then Patrick Troughton. Sorry Peter, I guess I voted for the ones I grew up watching as a sprog. The Valley Vegan.............Peter <metalscarab wrote: Hi Nikki> Perhaps Peter put them on the twin line as a sort of fail safe> against me.Evil twin daleks, now there's an idea....> And Tom Baker was my fav!He does seem to have been very popular. I quite like him, but reckon I'd puthim 3rd or 4th. My favourite is Patrick Troughton, then Peter Davison. Butthey were all excellent - although some of them suffered from having baddirectors and bad plots for a lot of their stories... I think it's a shamethe original series ended when it did, because the last series they did wasone of

the best.... unfortunately they'd killed the popularity withSylvester McCoy's first series, which was, on the whole, pretty bad!BBPeter

Guest guest

Hi Fraggle

> they were invisible roller ramps...sheesh

Ah - but we know from The Daleks' Masterplan and Planet of The Daleks, that they never manage to master invisibility... so they can't have been....

Now, can I please take my anorak off???

BB

Peter

Guest guest

Hi Peter

> I think I would put Jon Pertwee first, then Tom Baker, then Patrick Troughton.

I think Jon Pertwee did a great job... I just didn't like the character that he had - way too patronising and condescending to everyone, with very little kindness.

> Sorry Peter, I guess I voted for the ones I grew up watching as a sprog.

I think most people do - just to be different, I go for the one who stopped 5 years before I was born!

BB

Peter

Guest guest

fraggle giggles?

fraggle

all part of their master plan..thats wot they want you to think

no..leave it on.....it makes me giggle

Guest guest

Hi Fraggle

> all part of their master plan..thats wot they want you to think

Nah - their Master Plan was to take over the galaxy using the time destructor....

> no..leave it on.....it makes me giggle

OK - as long as it has some purpose ;-)

BB

Peter

Guest guest

It's not so different here either. I watched something a while back that showed they really try to recruit from the poorer areas.. You're right, the family was upset because they thought the governement would give a free ride college education and the son wouldn't need to ever fight. jo <jo.heartwork wrote: It may be different in America, but often in this country poorer, not so well educated children go into the forces to get 'trained'. I reckon most of them don't think they will be called on to fight. When I was younger the boys from the local children's home, who were chucked out when they reached sixteen, often had no choice

but to join the forces. Jo - Jonnie Hellens Tuesday, December 06, 2005 6:49 PM Re: Vegans and war Back in the early 90's the woman who was my childcare provider had several sons. The oldest joined the reserves to get the college

education. They were all outraged then when he actually had to go serve.Peter <metalscarab wrote: Hi Fraggle > if age or infirmity do not let them, then the nearest family member who is physically able to hop on up fer military service.... I agreed with the first bit... but... why the poor family member??? Whadidtheydo, except be born into the wrong family? And I seem to remember a Metallica video which has a quote along the lines of "every American would give their firstborn son", or something along those lines... so, I doubt the parents would be too upset if they

voted for war in the first place! > from then onwards..there is a live simulcast, broadcast into the house and senate chambers, of units in the front line....let em > see the brutality of war first hand...over and over and over... What... you want to entertain them... ! BB Peter PersonalsSkip the bars and set-ups and start using Personals for free

Guest guest

Yeah, you said it so much better than I did or could!linda <lindai81 wrote: No, not much different here. During the Vietnam war it was particularly bad because the richer kids could get deferments for being in college and as we all know Bush managed to avoid the war zone via his Dad's money and influence. Now it is a matter of the fact that the only way many of the poorer younger kids can get out of their prediction is to join the military. That way they hope to get job training, money for college, a roof over their head, and food in their tummies and avoid the gangs. They see it as their only way out. So, our military really is filled with kids who come from very poor families...I am talking about enlisted not the

officers. There is a movie, star Danny Devito (sp?) who does a movie called The Renaissance Man that explores this topic of why young people go into the military. If you haven't seen it it really gives an insight into the reasons. linda "Whatever you do will be insignificant and it is very important that you do it."Mohandas Gandhi linda's Growing Stitchery Projects: womyn47 - jo It may be different in America, but often

in this country poorer, not so well educated children go into the forces to get 'trained'. I reckon most of them don't think they will be called on to fight. When I was younger the boys from the local children's home, who were chucked out when they reached sixteen, often had no choice but to join the forces.

Shopping Find Great Deals on Holiday Gifts at Shopping