IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Works Christmas Lunch?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Yeah, around here seems to be pretty backwards. I have to explain it again and again. You got it, I say I only eat animal products, so you don't eat meat, what about chicken, pork, etc. I often say, isn't that meat? Then it starts with butter and milk and eggs and so on. This has been a great week though, we went to a place on Wednesday night that made me an awsum veggie platter and then last night at one of my DH fav steakhouses, our server was veggie. They have little for me there but baked potato and steamed broc. I complained that the baked potato is so dry to eat by itself and he suggested I use their homemade (?) cocktail sauce. They put lots of horseradish in it. My sinus' were pretty ticked but I was really, really happy!

fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

i think that really has to do a lot with where you live and the attitudes of the culture/people around you...

i can go into almost any place around here and find SOMETHING, and most chefs know wot vegan is and will accomadate

but..lotsa other places it's going to be like "wot you mean you don't eat meat? ok, how about chicken?..."

all depends on yer area....

fraggle jo Oct 14, 2005 2:35 PM Re: Works Christmas Lunch?

You're right - it's difficult to eat out in omnivorous restaurants. If you can find veggie restaurants you are in luck.

Jo

-

Jonnie Hellens

Friday, October 14, 2005 9:28 PM

Re: Works Christmas Lunch?

Which is why I had to be one. Since I've been cooking at home, the only dairy I have is about 1.5 oz of 2% milk in my coffee in the am. Too bad restaurants aren't more achomidating around here! They've lost a lot of business from my family because it just got too hard to eat out. jo <jo.heartwork wrote:

It's

When they kick out your front door

How you gonna come?

With your hands on your head

Or on the trigger of your gun

When the law break in

How you gonna go?

Shot down on the pavement

Or waiting on death rowJonnie

Music Unlimited - Access over 1 million songs. Try it free.

Guest guest

Jonnie, we've had luck at restaurants in having them saute some mushrooms and garlic in EVOO and then the kidlet pours that over the baked potato. And then she piles the broccoli on top of that <g>

Lynda

-

Jonnie Hellens

Friday, October 14, 2005 4:26 PM

Yeah, around here seems to be pretty backwards. I have to explain it again and again. You got it, I say I only eat animal products, so you don't eat meat, what about chicken, pork, etc. I often say, isn't that meat? Then it starts with butter and milk and eggs and so on. This has been a great week though, we went to a place on Wednesday night that made me an awsum veggie platter and then last night at one of my DH fav steakhouses, our server was veggie. They have little for me there but baked potato and steamed broc. I complained that the baked potato is so dry to eat by itself and he suggested I use their homemade (?) cocktail sauce. They put lots of horseradish in it. My sinus' were pretty ticked but I was really, really happy!

Guest guest

Thats why I dont eat out much. Even when they advise that they can cater for vegans I am always suspicious, and theres always that element of doubt in my mind which someways spoils the meal.

The Valley Vegan............

jo <jo.heartwork wrote:

The pub we were in last night didn't have anything suitable except lettuce. The only vegetarian option they had was a starter - deep fried mozarella - but we want vegan. Even their veggies are cooked in oil and butter.

Jo

-

fraggle

Friday, October 14, 2005 11:14 PM

true

but..again...it depends on local

case in point, last nite at the pub i could have had

pizza(w/o cheese)

portabello mushroom sandwich(again, w/o cheese)

chips and salsa

er a scrumptuous spinach salad

they have fries(er, um, chips i mean!), but since they also have calamari, those prolly wouldn't be very safe

and if i actually ASKED em to make something vegan, they would

jo Oct 14, 2005 3:06 PM Re: Works Christmas Lunch?

It's always the SOMETHING that is the trouble though. Most places you can get a basic salad of lettuce, tomatoes and onion - it would be good to have a variety of things to eat when out and not have to make do.

JoWhen they kick out your front door

How you gonna come?

When the law break in

How you gonna go?

Or waiting on death rowPeter H

To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all new Security Centre.

Guest guest

Seems you live in an area where you are spoilt, totally different over here mate, I can assure you.

The Valley Vegan..............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

true

pizza(w/o cheese)

chips and salsa

they have fries(er, um, chips i mean!), but since they also have calamari, those prolly wouldn't be very safe

It's always the SOMETHING that is the trouble though. Most places you can get a basic salad of lettuce, tomatoes and onion - it would be good to have a variety of things to eat when out and not have to make do.

Jo

How you gonna come?

When the law break in

How you gonna go?

Or waiting on death rowPeter H

Messenger NEW - crystal clear PC to PC calling worldwide with voicemail

Guest guest

I hardly ever eat anywhere that is not a vegetarian cafe/restaurant/pub for the same reasons.

Jo

-

peter hurd

Saturday, October 15, 2005 8:45 AM

Thats why I dont eat out much. Even when they advise that they can cater for vegans I am always suspicious, and theres always that element of doubt in my mind which someways spoils the meal.

The Valley Vegan............

jo <jo.heartwork wrote:

The pub we were in last night didn't have anything suitable except lettuce. The only vegetarian option they had was a starter - deep fried mozarella - but we want vegan. Even their veggies are cooked in oil and butter.

Jo

-

fraggle

Friday, October 14, 2005 11:14 PM

true

pizza(w/o cheese)

chips and salsa

JoWhen they kick out your front door

How you gonna come?

When the law break in

How you gonna go?

Or waiting on death row

Peter H

To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all new Security Centre.

Guest guest

everywhere is different...

and today after the farmers market, i had lunch from flacos...vegan mexican

yum peter hurd Oct 15, 2005 12:46 AM Re: Works Christmas Lunch?

Seems you live in an area where you are spoilt, totally different over here mate, I can assure you.

The Valley Vegan..............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

true

pizza(w/o cheese)

chips and salsa

How you gonna come?

When the law break in

How you gonna go?

Or waiting on death row

Guest guest

Hi Fraggle

> yeah..but just think..its 2453658

> in the julian calendar

I think you may be confusing your calendars... the Julian calendar is only

about 16 days out from the Gregorian.

BB

Peter

Guest guest

Ohhh! Great idea! It's DH and my date night tonight and we are going to a place that has no probs making whatever I wish, as long as they have the food in house. I think I'm gonna try that tonight.Lynda <lurine wrote:

Jonnie, we've had luck at restaurants in having them saute some mushrooms and garlic in EVOO and then the kidlet pours that over the baked potato. And then she piles the broccoli on top of that <g>

Lynda

-

Jonnie Hellens

Friday, October 14, 2005 4:26 PM

Music Unlimited - Access over 1 million songs. Try it free.