IndiaDivine.org

Attitude of some vegans

Rate this topic

Guest guest

You need to make sure the seat is dry first, then get the widest tape you can, and tape your ass to the seat!

Always improves your punk credibility walkin around with half a roll of gaffer tape hangin off your ass!

The Valley Vegan..................

Mynd i'r cwn Going to the dogs fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

actually i can't change the clutch cable..i can't calibrate it correctly without the right tools

seat cover..it has tape on it now..its never sticks...duct tape holds fer about 36 hrs and then comes off... peter hurd Oct 6, 2005 2:49 PM Re: Re: Attitude of some vegans

Glad its nothing serious on your bike, cables aint too hard to change, filters easy. Seat covers? whats wrong with covering rips with tape like everyone else?

The Valley Vegan............

you've gotta die, gotta die, gotta die for your government?die for your country?that's shit! fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

i have to spend $$ first on FIXING my bike..before converting it

i need a new clutch cable..and a need odometer cable...and a new oil filter...

oh..and new seat cover as well..within 3 weeks time everything went ka-flooie on it...

and..motorsports? nah..i just use my bike t oget me like to work and SF...BART stops runnin at midnite an all...Oct 6, 2005 2:31 PM Re: Re: Attitude of some vegans

Congrats on the jacket. aint cheap are they?

I never was a fan of sports. Never saw the point in wasting energy kicking a decendant of a pig skin around a piece of grass - and yes I am Welsh ( stereoptype time ) and supposed to live and breathe rugby, but the truth is I just dont get the mob mentatilty of most " team" games/supporters. Sure I will watch Wales beating England occaisionally, but thats almost traditional here, and I wont go out of my way to do it.

Maybe its because I`m a 10 stone weakling, maybe its because I could give a flying f*** what anyone else thinks I should or shouldnt be doing with my spare time, aint much of it.

Yuck Heiney is crap.

And as for blood sports, who on earth could defend them? whether its fox hunting, or shootin anything that moves in the woods.

Wastin resources on motor sport?......converted your bike yet?

The Valley Vegan................

Dafad ddu Black sheep fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

yer right (up to a point), and i apologize

BUT

i stand by this

its IDIOTIC for ppl to go chasing after a poor animal on horseback and murder it just for sport and tradition

and its also pure idiocy to be into a sport where the only thing they do is drive around and around in circles, wasting a rapidily dwinding unrenewable natural resource, and spewing out pollutants into the atmosphere.....

make the cars run on solar then

but that wouldn't be as much fun i guess

tho..they'd still crash on occassion...and i know some folks watch em just to see the crashes and mayhem

as fer spikes and the like..go ahead..folks laugh all the time...

but...i'm not hurting a single soul in the way i dress...nuthin died..my boots are vegan, my belts are vegan, even my jacket is finally vegan.....

:)

I know sports is not a favorite of vegans or artistic types. I, personally, have never been into sports at all...they are boring to me.

But why do we have to be so smug against those who do enjoy them, even racing cars? Why must we call them idiots? IMO, It isn't nice. It isn't considerate of others right to enjoy what they like.

What happened to tolerance? Is it a crime to enjoy seeing racing cars? Why can't we accept others the way we want them to accept us?

I am sure others can laugh (and call idiot) at some who were dog collars and spikes (as an example) for fashion. After all, such fashion is totally unnecessary and often for show. Why can't we afford others the right to enjoy what they like...as long as it doesn't hurt another and it's all consensual?

It just sounds too smug, too self righteous, too intolerant to me.

I have found, too often, that vegans are way too judgemental (all the while priding themselves on their stellar "tolerance"). I think this keeps the diet in the fringe and prevents more mainstream people from joining the good effort. We would do better to be more inclusive and friendly to those who are not exactly like ourselves.

Kristina

In a message dated 10/6/05 11:43:49 AM Pacific Daylight Time, writes:

OnBehalf Of Peter06 October 2005 18:16 Subject: Re: Re: possible "bats" and rabiesHi Fraggle> note idiot sports> our idiots like to race cars around and around and around again..zoom zoomzoomHey... we have motor racing in England. In many and varied varieties....Formula 1, GP2, Formula 3, Touring Cars, Vintage cars, etc. etc. etc....> yer idiots chase foxes on horseback, then have a spot of tea, then tallyho, they are off again...Hey... if you're going to pick on sport, at least pick a sport.... I mean,how can you pick on the speed of English sport and completely ignorecricket.... the game that lasts for 5 days and

invariably ends in a draw.:-)BBPeter[This message contained attachments]

To send an email to -

I used to like watching ice skating many years ago. Britain had some fairly good competitors, which helped keep me interested.

Jo

-

Jonnie Hellens

Friday, October 07, 2005 7:38 PM

Re: Re: Attitude of some vegans

My mom and I used to watch boxing and ice skating competitions on TV. We really enjoyed them. jo <jo.heartwork wrote:

Hi Kristina

You have to be in the mood to watch anything, I suppose. Sometimes I really enjoy it (always enjoy F1).

Jo

-

lv2breathe

Cc: Lv2breathe

Thursday, October 06, 2005 10:32 PM

Re: Attitude of some vegans

Thanks for sharing, Jo.

I have learned something new. Maybe I would enjoy watching this stuff...I don't know because I've never done it. Except for tennis. I came from a tennis family and when my parents got divorced my dad and I watched WWS tennis. Actually, I did enjoy it, a kid.

It's good to have divergent interests, makes life more interesting.

Cheers

Kristina

In a message dated 10/6/05 2:09:58 PM Pacific Daylight Time, writes:

Message: 5 Thu, 06 Oct 2005 20:32:10 -0000 "heartwerk" <jo.heartworkRe: Attitude of some vegansHi KristinaI love motor racing (well watching it, not doing it). I have been aF1 Grand Prix fan since I was about ten. My dad took me to the GrandPrix when I was a youngster - at Silverstone, Brands Hatch and anotherone (can't remember which). I've watched it on the telly every yearsince then apart from several years in the 80s (?) when it wasn'tbroadcast. I also went to watch kart-racing a little and speedway,and power-boat racing, and Colin and I sometimes went to the stock carracing.There are other sports I like watching - tennis, snooker andoccasionally rugby or international football, also winter sports andathletics.Jo , lv2breathe@a... wrote:> > I know sports is not a favorite of vegans or artistic types. I, personally, > have never been into sports at all...they are boring to me.> > But why do we have to be so smug against those who do enjoy them, even > racing cars? Why must we call them idiots? IMO, It isn't nice. It isn't > considerate of others right to enjoy what they like.> > What happened to tolerance? Is it a crime to enjoy seeing racing cars? Why > can't we accept others the way we want them to accept us?> > I am sure others can laugh (and call idiot) at some who were dog collars and > spikes (as an example) for fashion. After all, such fashion istotally > unnecessary and often for show. Why can't we afford others theright to enjoy > what they like...as long as it doesn't hurt another and it's allconsensual?> > It just sounds too smug, too self righteous, too intolerant to me.> > I have found, too often, that vegans are way too judgemental (allthe while > priding themselves on their stellar "tolerance"). I think thiskeeps the > diet in the fringe and prevents more mainstream people from joiningthe good > effort. We would do better to be more inclusive and friendly tothose who are > not exactly like ourselves. > > Kristina> > In a message dated 10/6/05 11:43:49 AM Pacific Daylight Time, > writes:> > On> Behalf Of Peter> 06 October 2005 18:16> > Re: Re: possible "bats" and rabies> > > Hi Fraggle> > > note idiot sports> > our idiots like to race cars around and around and aroundagain..zoom zoom> zoom> > Hey... we have motor racing in England. In many and varied varieties....> Formula 1, GP2, Formula 3, Touring Cars, Vintage cars, etc. etc.etc....> > > yer idiots chase foxes on horseback, then have a spot of tea,then tally> ho, they are off again...> > Hey... if you're going to pick on sport, at least pick a sport....I mean,> how can you pick on the speed of English sport and completely ignore> cricket.... the game that lasts for 5 days and invariably ends in adraw.> :-)> > BB> Peter> >

Jonnie

for GoodClick here to donate to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort.

Yeah, there are so many different ways to compete, couples, singles, etc... Such grace... My son tried to convince me to go ice skating this summer and I told him I'm a wiz on roller skates (can you believe roller dancing is back?) but put my feet on those thin blades and my feet and body agree to revolt!jo <jo.heartwork wrote:

I used to like watching ice skating many years ago. Britain had some fairly good competitors, which helped keep me interested.

Jo

-

Jonnie Hellens

My mom and I used to watch boxing and ice skating competitions on TV. We really enjoyed them. jo <jo.heartwork wrote:

Hi Kristina

You have to be in the mood to watch anything, I suppose. Sometimes I really enjoy it (always enjoy F1).

Jo

-

lv2breathe

Thanks for sharing, Jo.

I have learned something new. Maybe I would enjoy watching this stuff...I don't know because I've never done it. Except for tennis. I came from a tennis family and when my parents got divorced my dad and I watched WWS tennis. Actually, I did enjoy it, a kid.

Cheers

Kristina

Message: 5 Thu, 06 Oct 2005 20:32:10 -0000 "heartwerk" <jo.heartworkRe: Attitude of some vegansHi KristinaI love motor racing (well watching it, not doing it). I have been aF1 Grand Prix fan since I was about ten. My dad took me to the GrandPrix when I was a youngster - at Silverstone, Brands Hatch and anotherone (can't remember which). I've watched it on the telly every yearsince then apart from several years in the 80s (?) when it wasn'tbroadcast. I also went to watch kart-racing a little and speedway,and power-boat racing, and Colin and I sometimes went to the stock carracing.There are other sports I like watching - tennis, snooker

andoccasionally rugby or international football, also winter sports andathletics.Jo , lv2breathe@a... wrote:> > I know sports is not a favorite of vegans or artistic types. I, personally, > have never been into sports at all...they are boring to me.> > But why do we have to be so smug against those who do enjoy them, even > racing cars? Why must we call them idiots? IMO, It isn't nice. It isn't > considerate of others right to enjoy what they like.> > What happened to tolerance? Is it a crime to enjoy seeing racing cars? Why > can't we accept others the way we want them to accept us?> > I am sure others can laugh (and call idiot) at some who were dog collars and > spikes (as an example) for fashion. After all, such fashion istotally >

unnecessary and often for show. Why can't we afford others theright to enjoy > what they like...as long as it doesn't hurt another and it's allconsensual?> > It just sounds too smug, too self righteous, too intolerant to me.> > I have found, too often, that vegans are way too judgemental (allthe while > priding themselves on their stellar "tolerance"). I think thiskeeps the > diet in the fringe and prevents more mainstream people from joiningthe good > effort. We would do better to be more inclusive and friendly tothose who are > not exactly like ourselves. > > Kristina> > In a message dated 10/6/05 11:43:49 AM Pacific Daylight Time, > writes:> > On> Behalf Of

Peter> 06 October 2005 18:16> > Re: Re: possible "bats" and rabies> > > Hi Fraggle> > > note idiot sports> > our idiots like to race cars around and around and aroundagain..zoom zoom> zoom> > Hey... we have motor racing in England. In many and varied varieties....> Formula 1, GP2, Formula 3, Touring Cars, Vintage cars, etc. etc.etc....> > > yer idiots chase foxes on horseback, then have a spot of tea,then tally> ho, they are off again...> > Hey... if you're going to pick on sport, at least pick a sport....I mean,> how can you pick on the speed of English sport and completely ignore> cricket.... the game that lasts for 5 days and invariably ends in adraw.> :-)> > BB>

Peter> >

Jonnie

for GoodClick here to donate to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort. Jonnie

for Good Click here to donate to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort.

nah

NASCAR

they always plow into each other, er the stands....(well, wall in front of the stands) jo Oct 7, 2005 3:21 AM Re: Re: Attitude of some vegans

Hi Fraggle

That would have to be the demolition derbys surely or maybe drag racing.

Jo

tho..they'd still crash on occassion...and i know some folks watch em just to see the crashes and mayhem

To send an email to -

knock yerself out

:)

heartwerk <jo.heartwork

Oct 7, 2005 4:31 AM

Never mind - I'm still going to enjoy watching it. After all - the

amplification for bands (including punk or whatever) uses resources

too. Nobody's perfect!

Jo

Fraggle wrote : icki icki patang newwomp?

how about things like carbon monoxide, sulfur dioxides?

silly waste of an unrenewable resource???

To send an email to -

I used to love roller skating as a kid, and was quite good at it (that was well before inline). I tried ice skating twice, and was absolutely useless.

Jo

-

Jonnie Hellens

Friday, October 07, 2005 11:12 PM

Yeah, there are so many different ways to compete, couples, singles, etc... Such grace... My son tried to convince me to go ice skating this summer and I told him I'm a wiz on roller skates (can you believe roller dancing is back?) but put my feet on those thin blades and my feet and body agree to revolt!jo <jo.heartwork wrote:

Jo

-

Jonnie Hellens

Hi Kristina

Jo

-

lv2breathe

Thanks for sharing, Jo.

Cheers

Kristina

Message: 5 Thu, 06 Oct 2005 20:32:10 -0000 "heartwerk" <jo.heartworkRe: Attitude of some vegansHi KristinaI love motor racing (well watching it, not doing it). I have been aF1 Grand Prix fan since I was about ten. My dad took me to the GrandPrix when I was a youngster - at Silverstone, Brands Hatch and anotherone (can't remember which). I've watched it on the telly every yearsince then apart from several years in the 80s (?) when it wasn'tbroadcast. I also went to watch kart-racing a little and speedway,and power-boat racing, and Colin and I sometimes went to the stock carracing.There are other sports I like watching - tennis, snooker andoccasionally rugby or international football, also winter sports andathletics.Jo , lv2breathe@a... wrote:> > I know sports is not a favorite of vegans or artistic types. I, personally, > have never been into sports at all...they are boring to me.> > But why do we have to be so smug against those who do enjoy them, even > racing cars? Why must we call them idiots? IMO, It isn't nice. It isn't > considerate of others right to enjoy what they like.> > What happened to tolerance? Is it a crime to enjoy seeing racing cars? Why > can't we accept others the way we want them to accept us?> > I am sure others can laugh (and call idiot) at some who were dog collars and > spikes (as an example) for fashion. After all, such fashion istotally > unnecessary and often for show. Why can't we afford others theright to enjoy > what they like...as long as it doesn't hurt another and it's allconsensual?> > It just sounds too smug, too self righteous, too intolerant to me.> > I have found, too often, that vegans are way too judgemental (allthe while > priding themselves on their stellar "tolerance"). I think thiskeeps the > diet in the fringe and prevents more mainstream people from joiningthe good > effort. We would do better to be more inclusive and friendly tothose who are > not exactly like ourselves. > > Kristina> > In a message dated 10/6/05 11:43:49 AM Pacific Daylight Time, > writes:> > On> Behalf Of Peter> 06 October 2005 18:16> > Re: Re: possible "bats" and rabies> > > Hi Fraggle> > > note idiot sports> > our idiots like to race cars around and around and aroundagain..zoom zoom> zoom> > Hey... we have motor racing in England. In many and varied varieties....> Formula 1, GP2, Formula 3, Touring Cars, Vintage cars, etc. etc.etc....> > > yer idiots chase foxes on horseback, then have a spot of tea,then tally> ho, they are off again...> > Hey... if you're going to pick on sport, at least pick a sport....I mean,> how can you pick on the speed of English sport and completely ignore> cricket.... the game that lasts for 5 days and invariably ends in adraw.> :-)> > BB> Peter> >

Jonnie

for GoodClick here to donate to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort. Jonnie

for GoodClick here to donate to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort.

Hi Jo

It's the same for me, my left ankle is too weak to support me and

wobbles horribly.

They say with practice it strengthens, but I've never been terribly

interested in it.

DH use to play hockey so if Zak wants to learn he'll have a great

teacher.

Nikki :)

, " jo " <jo.heartwork@g...> wrote:

>

> I used to love roller skating as a kid, and was quite good at it

(that was well before inline). I tried ice skating twice, and was