IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

gardening

Rate this topic

Guest guest

sorry...it was a joke on read my lips

Bush the first was made infamous by that line.. peter hurd Oct 6, 2005 2:37 PM Re: gardening

I am loosing the plot again. Taxes? who said anything about taxes?

I already have 2 cats that dont get on with each other, why would I want 3 more, only a small house , no room at the inn..................HELP!

The Valley Vegan...................

Fel iar dan badell Sulkily fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

never asked fer ya to turn yer backs on the kittens

pay attention!

i said bring em inside!

read my lips! no new taxes peter hurd Oct 6, 2005 2:10 PM Re: gardening

I already got 2 cats, pay attention! I am not going to turn my back on the kittens, but at the same time I will feed them. Stoopid aint I ? dug myself in to a hole.

Too late Hieney in hand, phnar, phnar......

The Valley Vegan............ Dwy law chwith Useless fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

deer bacchus, stay away from the heiney!

rue..plant...keeps cats out of garden

bring cats inside...then they won't be in yer garden, and you can place pepper to keep any other kitties out of it

yurt..central asian housing...movable..like a domed tent peter hurd Oct 6, 2005 1:55 PM Re: gardening

Are you speakin Fragglese, or am I just loosing it, I cannot understand your message, are you asking me to abandon the kittens, or torture them with pepper? what the hell is a yurt? some kind of tent or sumfink? I need a drink.................only got heineken or JD, hell I cant drink the JD, itll have to be heineken, back in a tick..............

The Valley Vegan....................

Codi bys bach To imbibe fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

but some rue in the garden?

invite em in the haus and scatter red pepper on the ground outside?

get an extra pair of trousers and build em a yurt? peter hurd Oct 6, 2005 1:24 PM Re: gardening

I did garden, but then a mother and 3 ( originally 4 ) kittens decided it was their playground, so what could I do?, some of the slow growing perenials that I was pleased with and natured from seeds were totaled by their fury antics, and my compost heap became their toilet,............again I ask you , what could I do? Cute little anarchists.

The Valley Vegan...............

Chwilio am eira llynedd Searching for what is gone by fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

ok...changing coursehave a questionsowho on this fine group of ours gardens?anouk..you do, correct...?and lynda?and nikkianyone else?wot type of things do you grow?do you use pesticides er fertilizers?how long have you gardened?etc and so forth...fraggleRIGHT NOW in this new world order, RIGHT NOW no one is freeRIGHT NOW Corporations own this worldRIGHT NOW we are victems of thier greed

Guest guest

*shrug*

as long as she gets rent..thats all she cares about

she lost a bunch of the backyard to him..but..wotever

been here over 4 years...gettin time to move peter hurd Oct 6, 2005 2:40 PM Re: Re: gardening

That sucks big time, some landlady!

The Valley Vegan.............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

war with back neighborhe killed one(chopped it down)then built a new fence right over the lemon tree...landlady on my end really couldn't be bothered..earthstrm Oct 6, 2005 12:29 PM Subject: Re: gardeningWhat happened?Nikki , fraggle wrote:> well let poor rosemary go!> she's innocent!> > i HAD an orange tree and a lemon tree> *grumbles*> sometimes humans really suck> > > > > earthstrm > Oct 6, 2005 10:44 AM> > Re: gardening> > very, very small!> > The house is 700 sq feet and the back yard is about that size, but > has a shed, pool, 2 decks and a small crab apple tree.> > I cram it all in and use containers for the herbs.> > Oh, I have rosemary too!> > Nikki :)> > , fraggle wrote:> > Thanx nikki> > :)> > > > how big is yer yard again?> > > > > > earthstrm > > Oct 6, 2005 9:45 AM> > > > Re: gardening> > > > me> > > > This year we grew:> > tomatoes - 2 type cherry, early girl & plum> > Peppers: Red, yellow, chili, thai dragon, jalepeno, habenero> > Peas> > Green Beans> > Green onions> > Cucumbers> > Radishes> > carrots> > pumpkins (first year)> > celery> > asparagus (first year)> > strawberries> > thyme> > oregano> > basil> > peppermint> > spearmint> > parsley> > lettuce> > spinach> > radichio (spelling?)> > > > flowers> > > > > > um, I think that's it> > > > Fertilizers and pesticides are all-organic and homemade> > > > Gardening started when I was little with my Dad. This is our first > > house so for my very own garden, 7 years. This year marks official > > organic! Because if my memory serves me right it takes 7 years of > > organic gardening for the soil to change to certified organic.> > > > Nikki :)> > > > > > , fraggle wrote:> > > ok...changing course> > > have a question> > > so> > > who on this fine group of ours gardens?> > > anouk..you do, correct...?> > > and lynda?> > > and nikki> > > anyone else?> > > wot type of things do you grow?> > > do you use pesticides er fertilizers?> > > how long have you gardened?> > > etc and so forth...> > > > > > fraggle> > > > > > RIGHT NOW > > > in this new world order, > > > RIGHT NOW > > > no one is free> > > RIGHT NOW > > > Corporations own this world> > > RIGHT NOW > > > we are victems of thier greed> > > > > > > > > > > > To send an email to -> > >

Guest guest

Boy am I glad you didnt see the inuendo in my last message ( the underlined?). Probably a British thing.

Sorry bein stoopid now

The Valley Vegan.............

Annoeth, llithrig ei dafod The foolish has a flippant tongue fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

*shrug*

as long as she gets rent..thats all she cares about

she lost a bunch of the backyard to him..but..wotever

been here over 4 years...gettin time to move peter hurd Oct 6, 2005 2:40 PM Re: Re: gardening

That sucks big time, some landlady!

The Valley Vegan.............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

war with back neighborhe killed one(chopped it down)then built a new fence right over the lemon tree...landlady on my end really couldn't be bothered..earthstrm Oct 6, 2005 12:29 PM Subject: Re: gardeningWhat happened?Nikki , fraggle wrote:> well let poor rosemary go!> she's innocent!> > i HAD an orange tree and a lemon tree> *grumbles*> sometimes humans really suck> > > > > earthstrm > Oct 6, 2005 10:44 AM> > Re: gardening> > very, very

small!> > The house is 700 sq feet and the back yard is about that size, but > has a shed, pool, 2 decks and a small crab apple tree.> > I cram it all in and use containers for the herbs.> > Oh, I have rosemary too!> > Nikki :)> > , fraggle wrote:> > Thanx nikki> > :)> > > > how big is yer yard again?> > > > > > earthstrm > > Oct 6, 2005 9:45 AM> > > > Re: gardening> > > > me> > > > This year we grew:> > tomatoes - 2 type cherry, early girl & plum> > Peppers: Red, yellow, chili, thai dragon, jalepeno, habenero> > Peas> > Green Beans> > Green onions> >

Cucumbers> > Radishes> > carrots> > pumpkins (first year)> > celery> > asparagus (first year)> > strawberries> > thyme> > oregano> > basil> > peppermint> > spearmint> > parsley> > lettuce> > spinach> > radichio (spelling?)> > > > flowers> > > > > > um, I think that's it> > > > Fertilizers and pesticides are all-organic and homemade> > > > Gardening started when I was little with my Dad. This is our first > > house so for my very own garden, 7 years. This year marks official > > organic! Because if my memory serves me right it takes 7 years of > > organic gardening for the soil to change to certified organic.> > > > Nikki :)> > > > > > --- In

, fraggle wrote:> > > ok...changing course> > > have a question> > > so> > > who on this fine group of ours gardens?> > > anouk..you do, correct...?> > > and lynda?> > > and nikki> > > anyone else?> > > wot type of things do you grow?> > > do you use pesticides er fertilizers?> > > how long have you gardened?> > > etc and so forth...> > > > > > fraggle> > > > > > RIGHT NOW > > > in this new world order, > > > RIGHT NOW > > > no one is free> > > RIGHT NOW > > > Corporations own this world> > > RIGHT NOW > > > we are victems of thier greed> > > > > > > > > > > > To send an

email to -> > >

Guest guest

Hi Peter

Then I dropped the dice in my gazpacho :-)

BB

Jo

> Hi Jo

>

> > I've had one five times, four four times, six three times and loads

> > twice.

>

> Then you threw a six and a three :-)

>

> BB

> Peter

Guest guest

not much luck

only sometimes.

all of my tomatoes died.

I have ordered a fugicide from the gardens alive webstite (organic)

peppers, basil, and eggplant arent doing too well either.

my rose bushes, two died, and 4 of them are doing well.

my banana trees are doing excellent. lots of fruit,little baby banana

trees are

starting to sprout along side of them.

my mango tree and papaya trees are just a year old, so no fruit.

my guava tree looks a little sick. I suspect the same fungus problem.

I have concord and red seedless grapes doing well.

all of my strawberries plants died while I was in ny. either someone

ate them, or they just wilted.

oranges and pink graprfrut and yellow grapefruit trees are doing well.

I have blueberries. a fig baby tree with fruit! I just bought last

week and cost me only five dollars. hope it doesn't die.

I am very interested in setting more flowers for butterflies.

I am also interested in providing more santuary for birds.

my backyard is not that big. normal suburban, maybe half an acre? or

less. don't really know. the insects love it because I don't use any

pesticides.

I have just been gardening for just one year. trials and tribulations.

some people plant large various prickly cacti garden in the front

entrance

just before entering their house. (to discourage burlglars)

i thought that was interesting.

, fraggle <EBbrewpunx@e...> wrote:

>

> ok...changing course

> have a question

> so

> who on this fine group of ours gardens?

> anouk..you do, correct...?

> and lynda?

> and nikki

> anyone else?

> wot type of things do you grow?

> do you use pesticides er fertilizers?

> how long have you gardened?

> etc and so forth...

>

Guest guest

Wow!! nikki!

I guess you don't have to go to the supermarket very often.

you've got one in your backyard!

that is wonderful. there must be nothing healthier, jucier tasting

than stuff

grown in your own backyard.

congratulations and enjoy!

, " earthstrm " <nikkimack@m...> wrote:

>

> me

>

> This year we grew:

> tomatoes - 2 type cherry, early girl & plum

> Peppers: Red, yellow, chili, thai dragon, jalepeno, habenero

> Peas

> Green Beans

> Green onions

> Cucumbers

> Radishes

> carrots

> pumpkins (first year)

> celery

> asparagus (first year)

> strawberries

> thyme

> oregano

> basil

> peppermint

> spearmint

> parsley

> lettuce

> spinach

> radichio (spelling?)

>

> flowers

>

>

> um, I think that's it

>

> Fertilizers and pesticides are all-organic and homemade

>

>

Guest guest

*gasp*

I am so sorry Fraggle! That's terrible!

Did he have a permit for the work done? Is it too close to the

property line?

If no to the permit and/or yes to the line, you can possibly do

something about it with the city hall.

What a terrible waste!

This isn't the neighbor with the little boy is it?

Nikki

>

> war with back neighbor

> he killed one(chopped it down)

> then built a new fence right over the lemon tree...

> landlady on my end really couldn't be bothered..

>

Guest guest

Hi Peter

>

> Wish I lived there, youve obviously never seen the terraced housing

in the Welsh valleys! Think yourself lucky!

>

Oh I do! It's small, but it's mine. And we have a beautiful backyard.

No closets, no storage and we are always next to each other, but it is

not that bad. And again, it's mine!

What are the Welsh Valley houses like?

Nikki :)

Guest guest

Most welsh housing is a remnant of its mining heritage, when communities sprang up around the coal mines. The easiest way of accomodating the workers was to build streets of terraced houses/cottages all joined in a row. My house was built over 110 years ago, and like all the other houses was originally a 2 up 2 down ( rooms that is ), It has had an extension built since those days to provide a kitchen and another bedroom, and an extension downstairs on the extension to provide a bathroom.This means that we all have a bedroom, have 1 living room, kitchen, and a bathroom.

The front door opens straight onto the street, at the back I have a small garden.

AT THE turn of the 19th century only 600,000 people lived in Wales, but by 1901 this figure had almost quadrupled to over two million. This population boom is impressive enough, but it was far from uniform across Wales. Most rural counties saw only modest population increase (Cardiganshire, for example swelled from 43,000 to 61,000 over the century), but the South Wales Valleys saw massive leaps in population, with Glamorgan witnessing a ten- fold increase from 71,000 to 860,000 a century later.

Welsh heavy industry was in its heyday. It was Welsh slate that roofed houses the world over, Welsh coal that fired the industrial revolution, and Welsh products in iron, steel, copper and tin that helped build modern Britain. All these industrial workers needed housing, and it no surprise therefore that there was a lot of building going on in 19th century Wales.

The result, of course, was distinctive rows of terraced homes seen in the South Wales Valleys, in the slate mining areas of Gwynedd and in any town where industry required speedily-built housing for workers and their families.

This is a typical ( same as mine ) house in the South Wales Valleys.

The picture shows each house is the width of the average crap motor! having one front door, one downstairs window and two upstairs windows at the front.

A bit different to your average American family home eh?

The Valley Vegan.................

Hawdd cynnau tan ar hen aelwyd It is easy to kindle a fire on an old hearth

earthstrm <nikkimack wrote:

Hi Peter>> Wish I lived there, youve obviously never seen the terraced housing in the Welsh valleys! Think yourself lucky!> Oh I do! It's small, but it's mine. And we have a beautiful backyard. No closets, no storage and we are always next to each other, but it is not that bad. And again, it's mine!What are the Welsh Valley houses like?Nikki :)Peter H

To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all new Security Centre.

Guest guest

I had a dream recently where we had a 'community' garden where everyone would meet to work and socialize. (Hmm.. kinda a long commute....) I'm so envious! It sounds so wonderful!Anouk Sickler <zurumato wrote:

Wow!! nikki!I guess you don't have to go to the supermarket very often. you've got one in your backyard! that is wonderful. there must be nothing healthier, jucier tastingthan stuff grown in your own backyard. congratulations and enjoy! , "earthstrm" <nikkimack@m...> wrote:>> me> > This year we grew:> tomatoes - 2 type cherry, early girl & plum> Peppers: Red, yellow, chili, thai dragon, jalepeno, habenero> Peas> Green Beans> Green onions> Cucumbers> Radishes> carrots> pumpkins (first year)> celery> asparagus (first year)> strawberries> thyme> oregano> basil> peppermint> spearmint> parsley> lettuce>

spinach> radichio (spelling?)> > flowers> > > um, I think that's it> > Fertilizers and pesticides are all-organic and homemade> > Jonnie

for Good Click here to donate to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort.

Guest guest

From what I have seen on the telly most American homes seem to be quite large. Ours was built for farm workers. It was originally a sitting room, kitchen and two bedrooms - with a loo at the end of the garden. It has since been changed to have a downstairs bathroom (none upstairs) and divided one bedroom to make three. We do however have a fair sized front garden and large back garden, and a lovely view.

Jo

-

peter hurd

Friday, October 07, 2005 9:05 PM

Re: Re: gardening

Most welsh housing is a remnant of its mining heritage, when communities sprang up around the coal mines. The easiest way of accomodating the workers was to build streets of terraced houses/cottages all joined in a row. My house was built over 110 years ago, and like all the other houses was originally a 2 up 2 down ( rooms that is ), It has had an extension built since those days to provide a kitchen and another bedroom, and an extension downstairs on the extension to provide a bathroom.This means that we all have a bedroom, have 1 living room, kitchen, and a bathroom.

The front door opens straight onto the street, at the back I have a small garden.

AT THE turn of the 19th century only 600,000 people lived in Wales, but by 1901 this figure had almost quadrupled to over two million. This population boom is impressive enough, but it was far from uniform across Wales. Most rural counties saw only modest population increase (Cardiganshire, for example swelled from 43,000 to 61,000 over the century), but the South Wales Valleys saw massive leaps in population, with Glamorgan witnessing a ten- fold increase from 71,000 to 860,000 a century later.

Welsh heavy industry was in its heyday. It was Welsh slate that roofed houses the world over, Welsh coal that fired the industrial revolution, and Welsh products in iron, steel, copper and tin that helped build modern Britain. All these industrial workers needed housing, and it no surprise therefore that there was a lot of building going on in 19th century Wales.

The result, of course, was distinctive rows of terraced homes seen in the South Wales Valleys, in the slate mining areas of Gwynedd and in any town where industry required speedily-built housing for workers and their families.

The picture shows each house is the width of the average crap motor! having one front door, one downstairs window and two upstairs windows at the front.

Hi Peter>> Wish I lived there, youve obviously never seen the terraced housing in the Welsh valleys! Think yourself lucky!> Oh I do! It's small, but it's mine. And we have a beautiful backyard. No closets, no storage and we are always next to each other, but it is not that bad. And again, it's mine!What are the Welsh Valley houses like?Nikki :)

Peter H

To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all new Security Centre.

Guest guest

Kinda like my condo, eh? :)peter hurd <swpgh01 wrote:

Hi Peter>> Wish I lived there, youve obviously never seen the terraced housing in the Welsh valleys! Think yourself lucky!> Oh I do! It's small, but it's mine. And we have a beautiful backyard. No closets, no storage and we are always next to each other, but it is not that bad. And again, it's mine!What are the Welsh Valley houses like?Nikki :)

Peter H

To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all new Security Centre. Jonnie

for Good Click here to donate to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort.

Guest guest

well..try try try again!

:)

how's yer soil?

i had a prickley in the front of my haus...snails ate it....

*rolls eyes*

pesky lil buggers

fraggle

Anouk Sickler <zurumato

Oct 6, 2005 9:02 PM

Re: gardening

not much luck

only sometimes.

all of my tomatoes died.

I have ordered a fugicide from the gardens alive webstite (organic)

peppers, basil, and eggplant arent doing too well either.

my rose bushes, two died, and 4 of them are doing well.

my banana trees are doing excellent. lots of fruit,little baby banana

trees are

starting to sprout along side of them.

my mango tree and papaya trees are just a year old, so no fruit.

my guava tree looks a little sick. I suspect the same fungus problem.

I have concord and red seedless grapes doing well.

all of my strawberries plants died while I was in ny. either someone

ate them, or they just wilted.

oranges and pink graprfrut and yellow grapefruit trees are doing well.

I have blueberries. a fig baby tree with fruit! I just bought last

week and cost me only five dollars. hope it doesn't die.

I am very interested in setting more flowers for butterflies.

I am also interested in providing more santuary for birds.

my backyard is not that big. normal suburban, maybe half an acre? or

less. don't really know. the insects love it because I don't use any

pesticides.

I have just been gardening for just one year. trials and tribulations.

some people plant large various prickly cacti garden in the front

entrance

just before entering their house. (to discourage burlglars)

i thought that was interesting.

RIGHT NOW

in this new world order,

RIGHT NOW

no one is free

RIGHT NOW

Corporations own this world

RIGHT NOW

we are victems of thier greed

Guest guest

permit?

are you kidding?

he just up and took down my back fence...

and then had some workers come in and build a new one..several feet into my yard

my entire back garden is gone..they totally crushed it..

and i was just about to harvest my cabbage....

:(

lost my potatoes, garlic, onions, etc

ah well

que sera sera

earthstrm <nikkimack

Oct 7, 2005 4:52 AM

*gasp*

I am so sorry Fraggle! That's terrible!

Did he have a permit for the work done? Is it too close to the

property line?

If no to the permit and/or yes to the line, you can possibly do

something about it with the city hall.

What a terrible waste!

This isn't the neighbor with the little boy is it?

Nikki

>

> war with back neighbor

> he killed one(chopped it down)

> then built a new fence right over the lemon tree...

> landlady on my end really couldn't be bothered..

>

To send an email to -

Guest guest

luckily there are a bunch of community gardens around here

there's one about 2 blocks from my haus...

next year plan on moving into a warehouse, and gonna devote the entire roof to garden space Jonnie Hellens Oct 7, 2005 1:09 PM Re: Re: gardening

I had a dream recently where we had a 'community' garden where everyone would meet to work and socialize. (Hmm.. kinda a long commute....) I'm so envious! It sounds so wonderful!Anouk Sickler <zurumato wrote: Wow!! nikki!I guess you don't have to go to the supermarket very often. you've got one in your backyard! that is wonderful. there must be nothing healthier, jucier tastingthan stuff grown in your own backyard. congratulations and enjoy! , "earthstrm" <nikkimack@m...> wrote:>> me> > This year we grew:> tomatoes - 2 type cherry, early girl & plum> Peppers: Red, yellow, chili, thai dragon, jalepeno, habenero> Peas> Green Beans> Green onions> Cucumbers> Radishes> carrots> pumpkins (first year)> celery> asparagus (first year)> strawberries> thyme> oregano> basil> peppermint> spearmint> parsley> lettuce> spinach> radichio (spelling?)> > flowers> > > um, I think that's it> > Fertilizers and pesticides are all-organic and homemade> >

Jonnie

for GoodClick here to donate to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort. To send an email to -

Guest guest

Hi Anouk

Oh it is amazing and I love it! I cannot imagine not having my own

garden.

The only problem with it is once winter hits and I have to buy fresh

veggies at the store, they just do not taste the same.

DH & DS rarely eat anything from our garden, so I share with a lot

of neighbors.

, " Anouk Sickler " <zurumato@e...>

wrote:

>

>

> Wow!! nikki!

>

> I guess you don't have to go to the supermarket very often.

> you've got one in your backyard!

>

> that is wonderful. there must be nothing healthier, jucier tasting

> than stuff

> grown in your own backyard.

>

> congratulations and enjoy!

, " earthstrm " <nikkimack@m...>

wrote:

> >

> > me

> >

> > This year we grew:

> > tomatoes - 2 type cherry, early girl & plum

> > Peppers: Red, yellow, chili, thai dragon, jalepeno, habenero

> > Peas

> > Green Beans

> > Green onions

> > Cucumbers

> > Radishes

> > carrots

> > pumpkins (first year)

> > celery

> > asparagus (first year)

> > strawberries

> > thyme

> > oregano

> > basil

> > peppermint

> > spearmint

> > parsley

> > lettuce

> > spinach

> > radichio (spelling?)

> >

> > flowers

> >

> >

> > um, I think that's it

> >

> > Fertilizers and pesticides are all-organic and homemade

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

Wow , I wish I had neighbours like you! you are a kindly soul.

The Valley Vegan..............

Car cywir, yn yr ing fe'i gwelir A friend in need is a friend indeed earthstrm <nikkimack wrote:

Hi AnoukOh it is amazing and I love it! I cannot imagine not having my own garden.The only problem with it is once winter hits and I have to buy fresh veggies at the store, they just do not taste the same.DH & DS rarely eat anything from our garden, so I share with a lot of neighbors.Nikki :) , "Anouk Sickler" wrote:>> > Wow!! nikki!> > I guess you don't have to go to the supermarket very often. > you've got one in your backyard! > > that is wonderful. there must be nothing healthier, jucier tasting> than stuff > grown in your own backyard. > > congratulations and enjoy!> > > > > > > , "earthstrm"

wrote:> >> > me> > > > This year we grew:> > tomatoes - 2 type cherry, early girl & plum> > Peppers: Red, yellow, chili, thai dragon, jalepeno, habenero> > Peas> > Green Beans> > Green onions> > Cucumbers> > Radishes> > carrots> > pumpkins (first year)> > celery> > asparagus (first year)> > strawberries> > thyme> > oregano> > basil> > peppermint> > spearmint> > parsley> > lettuce> > spinach> > radichio (spelling?)> > > > flowers> > > > > > um, I think that's it> > > > Fertilizers and pesticides are all-organic and homemade> > > >>

Guest guest

That's terrible! You would think that at least he would have had the

decency to have told you so you could have harvested or moved the

plants.

If he is on the property line for your landlord, you can still use

that property!

Can't you contact the City Hall on this?

Nikki

>

> permit?

> are you kidding?

> he just up and took down my back fence...

> and then had some workers come in and build a new one..several

feet into my yard

> my entire back garden is gone..they totally crushed it..

> and i was just about to harvest my cabbage....

> :(

> lost my potatoes, garlic, onions, etc

> ah well

> que sera sera

>

Guest guest

Aw, gee

*blush*

Well, I have too much really and don't want it to go to waste so I

am happy to share. Then extras go to Zak's school, my work, the bar

Dad goes to, and my compost container.

If ya move closer I'll share with you too! There's a beautiful house

for sale on my block and then 2 more a block down. And they don't

share walls!

Plenty of room for kittens...

, peter hurd <swpgh01@t...> wrote:

>

> Wow , I wish I had neighbours like you! you are a kindly soul.

>

> The Valley Vegan..............

>

> Car cywir, yn yr ing fe'i gwelir A friend in need is a friend

indeed

>

>

Guest guest

he moved it several feet onto *our* property

and, i'm just a renter..if the landlady didn't care, the city ain't gonna do

squat for me

i just had to swallow it down

earthstrm <nikkimack

Oct 11, 2005 7:08 AM

That's terrible! You would think that at least he would have had the

decency to have told you so you could have harvested or moved the

plants.

If he is on the property line for your landlord, you can still use

that property!

Can't you contact the City Hall on this?

Nikki

>

> permit?

> are you kidding?

> he just up and took down my back fence...

> and then had some workers come in and build a new one..several

feet into my yard

> my entire back garden is gone..they totally crushed it..

> and i was just about to harvest my cabbage....

> :(

> lost my potatoes, garlic, onions, etc

> ah well

> que sera sera

>

To send an email to -

Guest guest

Yes, but you should be able to call anonymously at least. Complain

to them that you are a property owner near them, believe that they

did not have a permit and are overstepping their bounds. Let them

know that you believe it will take down the value of your property

with the neighbors being over the property line and if that happens

you will leave the community.

That should get someone out there to inspect it right away.

Can't you also tell your landlady that you do not appreciate her

lack of support. Let her know that by the neighbor taking her

property as well it will bring down the value of the house if it

ever sells. It also knocks down renters value as well. Maybe then

she will do something about it if she knows hoe it is affecting her

wallet.

And if in the end it does nothing, at least you tried.

Nikki

>

> he moved it several feet onto *our* property

>

> and, i'm just a renter..if the landlady didn't care, the city

ain't gonna do squat for me

> i just had to swallow it down

>

>

>

Guest guest

And then there's always the idea that that since you now how less property, there should be less rent?earthstrm <nikkimack wrote:

Yes, but you should be able to call anonymously at least. Complain to them that you are a property owner near them, believe that they did not have a permit and are overstepping their bounds. Let them know that you believe it will take down the value of your property with the neighbors being over the property line and if that happens you will leave the community.That should get someone out there to inspect it right away.Can't you also tell your landlady that you do not appreciate her lack of support. Let her know that by the neighbor taking her property as well it will bring down the value of the house if it ever sells. It also knocks down renters value as well. Maybe then she will do something about it if she knows hoe it is affecting her wallet.And if in the end it does nothing, at least you

tried.Nikki , fraggle <EBbrewpunx@e...> wrote:>> he moved it several feet onto *our* property> > and, i'm just a renter..if the landlady didn't care, the city ain't gonna do squat for me> i just had to swallow it down> > > Jonnie

Music Unlimited - Access over 1 million songs. Try it free.

Guest guest

Hmmmm, the Bay Area (Oakland being a small part) + landlady living in Stateline. I'd think even mentioning how much the rent is, let alone asking for a reduction would very possibly = raise in rent!

Lynda

If ignorance is bliss, why aren't more people happy?

-

fraggle

Wednesday, October 12, 2005 12:20 PM

hahahahah

in oakland???

hahahahahahaha

truthfully, landlady moved up to stateline in nevada...

as long as the haus is still standing and i pay rent are the only things she cares about...

Guest guest

i'm actually waitin fer her to increase my rent.....

it has that feel in the air

which just means i'll prolly laugh and say "no, and here's my 60 days notice".....riginal Message----- Lynda Oct 12, 2005 6:06 PM Re: Re: gardening

Hmmmm, the Bay Area (Oakland being a small part) + landlady living in Stateline. I'd think even mentioning how much the rent is, let alone asking for a reduction would very possibly = raise in rent!

Lynda

If ignorance is bliss, why aren't more people happy?

-

fraggle

Wednesday, October 12, 2005 12:20 PM

hahahahah

in oakland???

hahahahahahaha

truthfully, landlady moved up to stateline in nevada...

as long as the haus is still standing and i pay rent are the only things she cares about...

To send an email to -