IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

dang

Rate this topic

Guest guest

2 things to mention here (why? just cuz I wanna), my MIL is from Finland and says the butchers looked at her like she was crazy when she was trying to get a bucket of blood to make blood pancakes....

The other is that when my sister and mom went to live in Ireland for a while, she said that no matter what she did, she couldn't get the food to taste like home.fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

no, all food is a delight of the taste buds and a heavenly cornucopea of sensations and smells

(except for fried twinkies..i believe thats a russian plot..)

because of the pissoffthebrits treaty of 1804 all food products of north american origin and sent to the british isles have to be of the nastiest nature....

any time a british tourist enters america, the US governement assigns a team of handlers who watch his/her every move...all food eaten er seen has to ascribe to the aforementioned treaty

also, as soon as any product reaches the shores of Great Britain, the very air corrupts it. a combination of the sodden atmosphere, coal bitumen floating freely, and mold instantly turns everything into an indescribable horror

:) peter hurd Sep 24, 2005 3:24 PM Re: dang

Butternut squash,

Point taken about the offaly stuff, but surely you must have knowledge of yucky traditional food from your end of the pond?

I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can still do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do.Jonnie

for Good Click here to donate to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort.

Guest guest

Speaking of which, my daughter cut her finger a couple of weeks ago, when she went in to get the stitches out, the doc noticed she had lost 5 pounds. She only weighs 90 now. She explained that she's going thru a painful breakup and just isn't all that intersted in eating right now, but it's not a permanent thing. The doc gave her a huge lecture about torturing herself and since she's depressed should go on meds right away. Ugh! What rubbish. Anouk Sickler <zurumato wrote:

don't forget to ask your doctor about your little pillduprex, zopran, zurprex, naprin, nuprilon, xiprolex,taxipran,mulprizan, zolnapren, celeprin, cexaloprifen, cemolfidannaprex, zolprex, xalifen, xaloprex, zoprexan..this is fun... I could go on and on.... , fraggle <EBbrewpunx@e...> wrote:>we yanks are all about convience dontcha know....now excuse me, as i have to drive my SUV to the wal-mart 3 blocks awayand stop at wendys on the way back, for a diet coke and then to the7-11 for some lottery tix...Jonnie

Guest guest

Hey, didn't you know that Prozac sales are down and the pharmaceutical companies are scrambling to push more sales. What'sa matter, ya gotta do your share to keep those profits up!

Lynda

-

Jonnie Hellens

Sunday, September 25, 2005 8:27 AM

Re: Re: dang

Speaking of which, my daughter cut her finger a couple of weeks ago, when she went in to get the stitches out, the doc noticed she had lost 5 pounds. She only weighs 90 now. She explained that she's going thru a painful breakup and just isn't all that intersted in eating right now, but it's not a permanent thing. The doc gave her a huge lecture about torturing herself and since she's depressed should go on meds right away. Ugh! What rubbish. Anouk Sickler <zurumato wrote: don't forget to ask your doctor about your little pillduprex, zopran, zurprex, naprin, nuprilon, xiprolex,taxipran,mulprizan, zolnapren, celeprin, cexaloprifen, cemolfidannaprex, zolprex, xalifen, xaloprex, zoprexan..this is fun... I could go on and on.... , fraggle <EBbrewpunx@e...> wrote:>we yanks are all about convience dontcha know....now excuse me, as i have to drive my SUV to the wal-mart 3 blocks awayand stop at wendys on the way back, for a diet coke and then to the7-11 for some lottery tix...Jonnie

Version: 7.0.344 / Virus Database: 267.11.6/111 - Release 9/23/2005

Guest guest

Doctors over here are too lenient at freely throwing drugs at what they label as depression. Drugs aint always the answer, but it is a quick solution for the doctors. Bad Medecine.

The Valley Vegan.............Jonnie Hellens <jonnie_hellens wrote:

Speaking of which, my daughter cut her finger a couple of weeks ago, when she went in to get the stitches out, the doc noticed she had lost 5 pounds. She only weighs 90 now. She explained that she's going thru a painful breakup and just isn't all that intersted in eating right now, but it's not a permanent thing. The doc gave her a huge lecture about torturing herself and since she's depressed should go on meds right away. Ugh! What rubbish. Anouk Sickler <zurumato wrote: don't forget to ask your doctor about your little pillduprex, zopran, zurprex, naprin, nuprilon, xiprolex,taxipran,mulprizan, zolnapren, celeprin, cexaloprifen, cemolfidannaprex, zolprex, xalifen, xaloprex, zoprexan..this is fun... I could go on and on.... , fraggle <EBbrewpunx@e...> wrote:>we yanks are all about convience dontcha know....now excuse me, as i have to drive my SUV to the wal-mart 3 blocks awayand stop at wendys on the way back, for a diet coke and then to the7-11 for some lottery tix...Jonnie

Peter H

Messenger NEW - crystal clear PC to PC calling worldwide with voicemail

Guest guest

Basically makes it edible then?

Go eat an all you can eat big boy.

The Valley Vegan...............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

no, all food is a delight of the taste buds and a heavenly cornucopea of sensations and smells

because of the pissoffthebrits treaty of 1804 all food products of north american origin and sent to the british isles have to be of the nastiest nature....

any time a british tourist enters america, the US governement assigns a team of handlers who watch his/her every move...all food eaten er seen has to ascribe to the aforementioned treaty

also, as soon as any product reaches the shores of Great Britain, the very air corrupts it. a combination of the sodden atmosphere, coal bitumen floating freely, and mold instantly turns everything into an indescribable horror

Butternut squash,

Point taken about the offaly stuff, but surely you must have knowledge of yucky traditional food from your end of the pond?

I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can still do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do.Peter H

To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all new Security Centre.

Guest guest

It is said that the blues were born out of the plantations/cotton fields/slavery, with most (all) the slaves coming from Africa, using African, phrasing / music as a starter.

The Valley Vegan............Jonnie Hellens <jonnie_hellens wrote:

Wait, I thought R & B/The Blues had it's origin here in the states? peter hurd <swpgh01 wrote:

I suppose technically it could be argued that rock n roll had its roots in R & B/The blues which has its origins to another continent......etc, etc. So I have to be pedantic and say NO! Try again!

The Valley Vegan...........

fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

rock n roll? peter hurd Sep 24, 2005 2:18 PM Re: dang

Obviously, in the land of the plenty, takeaways appear to be cheaper, petrol is cheaper, and portions and cars are bigger. Which would explain the sterotypical American obese tourist.

We Brits have a tradition of smaller portions - probabaly being an island and food not being so plentyful etc having something to do with it. Unfortunately American habits seem to be invading us. Thanks for Mcdeathburger and others like them. Im sure that there is something that you Yanks gave us Brits that wasnt harmful?, but having no memory doesnt help.

The Valley Vegan.............

Cenedl heb iaeth, cenedl heb galon A nation without language, a nation without heart I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can still do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do.

Peter H

How much free photo storage do you get? Store your holiday snaps for FREE with Photos. Get Photos Jonnie

for GoodClick here to donate to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort. Peter H

To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all new Security Centre.

Guest guest

Hi Anouk

> other american inventions

> electricity,

Electricity wasn't an invention... and was technically discovered by the

British.... Benjamin Franklin was at the time a British citizen. Although it

was known about in China a long time before this (but Asians obviously don't

count).

>film

Created by Marey, French.

> car

Invented by Niclaus Otto, Gottleib Daimler, and Karl Benz - 3 Germans. The

first American car was 15 years behind these.

Do you guys try to claim everything for America???

BB

Peter

Guest guest

Today my daughter and I were coming home from a baseball game when we passed a SUV parked at a restaurant. Across the back of the SUV the letters spelled out The Pampered Chef. They are a place that will prepare gourmet food for you. They were parked and assumabley eating inside, a Denny's.peter hurd <swpgh01 wrote:

Basically makes it edible then?

Go eat an all you can eat big boy.

The Valley Vegan...............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

Butternut squash,

I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can still do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do.

Peter H

To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all new Security Centre. Jonnie

Guest guest

I thought that the defenition of a new invention is

when someone makes something work right efficiently. you know,

function.

davinci drew models of airplanes, but the wright brothers made it work.

but as for the other inventions.

I have been brainwashed by ths american school system

again, into thinking we are the smartest, best inventors,

I have never, question these things and just took it for granted.

I know that some machinces weren't invented in one day, by one person.

I am interested in giving credit where credit is due.

, " Lynda " <lurine@s...> wrote:

> Not the car, France and Germany had them first.

>

> the first working airplane. Actually Leonardo daVince designed the

first

> airplane.

>

> A French tailor invented the sewing machine. An american, Howe,

patented an

> improved machine.

>

> As to the boob tube, a German originally patented the idea. An

Englishman

> demonstrated the first " modern system. And American was responsible

for the

> eltronic system using cathode-ray tubes.

>

> Lynda

> -

> " Anouk Sickler " <zurumato@e...>

>

> Saturday, September 24, 2005 10:59 PM

> Re: dang

>

>

> > jazz is an american thing.

> >

> > jazz had its origins in new orleans. and harlem in the 1920's.

> >

> > other american inventions

> > electricity,

> > television,

> > film,

> > telephone

> > the airplane

> > car

> > elevator

> > computer

> > sewing machine

> > peanut butter

> >

>

Guest guest

, " Peter " <metalscarab@g...> wrote:

> Electricity wasn't an invention... and was technically discovered by the

> British.... Benjamin Franklin was at the time a British citizen.

Although it

> was known about in China a long time before this (but Asians

obviously don't

> count).

I meant what we now call power, you know light. I was always told

it was thomas alba edison from NJ. and that nyc was the first city to

be lit.

> >film

>

> Created by Marey, French.

ok, I learned something new. again, in school I was alway told it

was edison, and his vitaphone, we even saw the first film in our

school auditorium.

>

> > car

>

> Invented by Niclaus Otto, Gottleib Daimler, and Karl Benz - 3

Germans. The

> first American car was 15 years behind these.

I thought it was Henry Ford and his mass produced model T. but then,

again, I don't like to read a lot about cars. I don't really like em.

Like I said, I learn something new. Don't tell my husband,

He worked for Mercedes-Benz, Jaguar, and BMW, for the last ten years.

I cannot begin to describe what kind of a car maniac he is. He

has even been to the Mercedes Plant/factory in Germany.

>

> Do you guys try to claim everything for America???

I think it is a matter of CENSORING outside info, you know, not

giving credit/ackowledment to other folks, that america has a problem

with.

Guest guest

Hi Anouk

> > >film

> > Created by Marey, French.

> ok, I learned something new. again, in school I was alway told it

> was edison, and his vitaphone, we even saw the first film in our

> school auditorium.

Edison took Marey's concepts and improved them, but he wasn't the inventor.

> > Invented by Niclaus Otto, Gottleib Daimler, and Karl Benz - 3

> > Germans. The

> > first American car was 15 years behind these.

>

> I thought it was Henry Ford and his mass produced model T. but then,

> again, I don't like to read a lot about cars. I don't really like em.

Ford was a long way behind those people. Mass produced cars were first in

France with the Panhard company in the 1890s. I notice that Fraggle has

already posted some stuff about earlier cars which I didn't previously know!

> Like I said, I learn something new. Don't tell my husband,

> He worked for Mercedes-Benz, Jaguar, and BMW, for the last ten years.

> I cannot begin to describe what kind of a car maniac he is. He

> has even been to the Mercedes Plant/factory in Germany.

Ah well.... Mercedes Benz is named after Karl Benz's daughter - they are one

of the originals. Jaguar is one of the early English automobile

manufacturers, but were bought out by Ford a few years ago.

BB

Peter

Guest guest

What has 7th day got to do with wierd stuff? and just what is wierd stuff?

Traditional American Food?

Meatloaf?, Pizza?, Hamburger?,Fried Chicken?......................oh sorry those were all re-patriated to America.

Cheetos? twinkies?Cola?Pancakes?Biscuits & Gravy?,Jerky?Ribs?Clam Chowder?Pork and Beans..you can keep all of em,

come on Yanks, impress me!, we all have horible foodstuffs in our countries, I know what I like from my country so what can you recommend from yours?

The Valley Vegan.............Lynda <lurine wrote:

Marmite, vegemite. Different dog, same smell. they both look like you should use them to put on roofing paper <g> And taste, eeeuuuuuuu!

Lynda, whose first DH's mother was 7th Day and ate all that "weird" stuff!

-

fraggle

Saturday, September 24, 2005 3:43 PM

Re: dang

personally, i like tomatoes better then squash..but..wotever

and vegimite is aussie...in the Uk its marmite...lets not confuse our nasty foods shall we

:) Lynda Sep 24, 2005 3:13 PM Re: dang

What kind of squash did you just eat?

Besides, we didn't send you stuff like hagis or steak and kidney pie! Or blood pudding or blood sausage. Or vegemite! Yuck, yuck, yuck!

Lynda, who does not eat Mickey Ds but if her only choices were hagis or a burger, she'd go with the burger!

I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can still do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do.

Version: 7.0.344 / Virus Database: 267.11.5/110 - Release 9/22/2005Peter H

Guest guest

Seventh Day have a vegetarian store up in Angwin. Lots of "weird" stuff. The vegemite like stuff, and a bunch of other stuff that is 75% salt are "weird" stuff. My ex-mil from h*ll insisted that we all eat the same stuff that she brought back after a day up at Angwin.

I've rarely eatten meat, never ate much beef, at all, but I was looking for a steak by the time she got through in the kitchen. If it wasn't salt on your salt, it was either watery or burned to a crisp! Guaranteed way to turn someone into a carnivore!

Of course, things have improved since then. Back then (the 60s) everything was canned. Canned fake hotdogs, canned fake hamburger patties, canned fake chicken pieces (nasty gray looking things!) and so forth and so on.

Lynda

-

peter hurd

Monday, September 26, 2005 1:08 PM

Meatloaf?, Pizza?, Hamburger?,Fried Chicken?......................oh sorry those were all re-patriated to America.

Cheetos? twinkies?Cola?Pancakes?Biscuits & Gravy?,Jerky?Ribs?Clam Chowder?Pork and Beans..you can keep all of em,

come on Yanks, impress me!, we all have horible foodstuffs in our countries, I know what I like from my country so what can you recommend from yours?

Marmite, vegemite. Different dog, same smell. they both look like you should use them to put on roofing paper <g> And taste, eeeuuuuuuu!

-

fraggle

and vegimite is aussie...in the Uk its marmite...lets not confuse our nasty foods shall we

Besides, we didn't send you stuff like hagis or steak and kidney pie! Or blood pudding or blood sausage. Or vegemite! Yuck, yuck, yuck!

Lynda, who does not eat Mickey Ds but if her only choices were hagis or a burger, she'd go with the burger!

Version: 7.0.344 / Virus Database: 267.11.5/110 - Release 9/22/2005

Peter H

Guest guest

Still waiting for you to recommend some food from your country?

Nid aur, popeth melyn All that is yellow is not gold (..glitters..) Lynda <lurine wrote:

Seventh Day have a vegetarian store up in Angwin. Lots of "weird" stuff. The vegemite like stuff, and a bunch of other stuff that is 75% salt are "weird" stuff. My ex-mil from h*ll insisted that we all eat the same stuff that she brought back after a day up at Angwin.

I've rarely eatten meat, never ate much beef, at all, but I was looking for a steak by the time she got through in the kitchen. If it wasn't salt on your salt, it was either watery or burned to a crisp! Guaranteed way to turn someone into a carnivore!

Of course, things have improved since then. Back then (the 60s) everything was canned. Canned fake hotdogs, canned fake hamburger patties, canned fake chicken pieces (nasty gray looking things!) and so forth and so on.

Lynda

-

peter hurd

-

fraggle

Peter H

Version: 7.0.344 / Virus Database: 267.11.6/111 - Release 9/23/2005Peter H

Messenger NEW - crystal clear PC to PC calling worldwide with voicemail

Guest guest

Tortillas chips with salsa

Wild rice with wild mushrooms

Corn chowder

Baked pumpkin (small pumpkin, peeled, seeded and cut in cubes, lay on a baking sheet, sprinkle with sugar, cinnamon and a sprinkle of sea salt)

Calabacitas (5 small summer squash, cubed, 1 lg onion diced, saute in EVOO or vegetable oil/shortning until tender. Add 2 roasted chili peppers diced, simmer for 5 minutes.)

Bean "bread" (4 c. cornmeal, 1/2 ts. baking soda, 2 c. cooked beans, 2 c. boiling water. Put cornmeal in a bowl, mix in drained beans. Make a hole and put in bakign sod and water. make a stiff dough and form balls. Drop balls into a pot of boiling water. Cook 45 minutes or until done.)

Pumpkin soup

Fry bread with chili beans and salsa

Succotash

Potato chowder

Potato dumplings

Fried potatoes

Hash brown potatoes

Grits

Hominy

Acorn soup

Hush puppies with maple syrup

Popcorn

Mole

Lynda

-

peter hurd

Tuesday, September 27, 2005 1:37 PM

Nid aur, popeth melyn All that is yellow is not gold (..glitters..)

Guest guest

Potatoes (and corn chowder) - Ireleand, flatbread - Native American, Swedish pancakes w/ ligonberry jam... can't think of what other nationalities I am right now, too early. peter hurd <swpgh01 wrote:

Nid aur, popeth melyn All that is yellow is not gold (..glitters..) Lynda <lurine wrote:

Lynda

-

peter hurd

-

fraggle

Peter H

Peter H

Messenger NEW - crystal clear PC to PC calling worldwide with voicemail Jonnie

Guest guest

Lynda,

I am intrigued. Can you provide more details on bean bread, succotash, hush puppies?

No Idea what the last two are?

Alot of what you have listed seems to be Mexican influenced? i.e. Mole, Tortillas, salsa, corn recipies?

The Valley Vegan............

Y mae'r llygad yn fwy na'r bola The eye is bigger than the stomach Lynda <lurine wrote:

Tortillas chips with salsa

Wild rice with wild mushrooms

Corn chowder

Baked pumpkin (small pumpkin, peeled, seeded and cut in cubes, lay on a baking sheet, sprinkle with sugar, cinnamon and a sprinkle of sea salt)

Calabacitas (5 small summer squash, cubed, 1 lg onion diced, saute in EVOO or vegetable oil/shortning until tender. Add 2 roasted chili peppers diced, simmer for 5 minutes.)

Bean "bread" (4 c. cornmeal, 1/2 ts. baking soda, 2 c. cooked beans, 2 c. boiling water. Put cornmeal in a bowl, mix in drained beans. Make a hole and put in bakign sod and water. make a stiff dough and form balls. Drop balls into a pot of boiling water. Cook 45 minutes or until done.)

Pumpkin soup

Fry bread with chili beans and salsa

Succotash

Potato chowder

Potato dumplings

Fried potatoes

Hash brown potatoes

Grits

Hominy

Acorn soup

Hush puppies with maple syrup

Popcorn

Mole

Lynda

-

peter hurd

Tuesday, September 27, 2005 1:37 PM

Nid aur, popeth melyn All that is yellow is not gold (..glitters..) Peter H

How much free photo storage do you get? Store your holiday snaps for FREE with Photos. Get Photos

Guest guest

Corn was grown up and down the east coast and throughout the southwest and lower half of the U.S. Corn tortillas were used up and down the coast and throughout the southwest. It was called by various names but were what we know as tortillas.

In modern times, salsa and mole have become synonymous with Mexican cooking. However, the act of chopping up tomatoes, onions and peppers and putting them on foods goes way back and the area known as Mexico was not the defining area.

Bean bread was made in some form or another up and down the east coast and throughout the south west. It is very filling and you can spice it up in all kinds of ways.

The Cherokee call it tu-ya ga-du and they put it in corn husks and then drop it in to boil.

Succatash is an east coast "thing" but is eaten throughout the U.S. It is mainly corn and lima beans. There are just about as many recipes as there are states. Generally you saute some onions (usually a bunch of scallions thinly sliced but shallots or red onions can be substituted but must be finely chopped) in butter/margarine. Add in about 10 oz baby lima beans and cook approx. 5 minutes. Add about 10 oz whole kernel corn (I add more corn and use white corn), salt and pepper to taste, stir another 3 minutes. Add in aout 1/2 soy milk or veggie broth and simmer about 3 minutes. In the usual recipes they use heavy cream. To get the same effect, add a little corn starch to thicken. Some folks substitute green beans for the lima, or edamame or fava beans.

Hush puppies are generally seen as a southern thing. You make a thick corn meal batter, drop by spoonfuls and deep fry them. Serve hot and drizzle with maple syrup.

To make vegan hush puppies, I would add about an extra 1/2 to 1 tsp. baking powder and some additional fat and depending on which egg substitute you use, maybe some applesauce. You want your hush puppies to be light and fluffy. Made the vegan method, non-veggies and vegans will still love them!

Lynda

-

peter hurd

Wednesday, September 28, 2005 12:42 PM

Lynda,

I am intrigued. Can you provide more details on bean bread, succotash, hush puppies?

Alot of what you have listed seems to be Mexican influenced? i.e. Mole, Tortillas, salsa, corn recipies?

Guest guest

Isnt mole the one with cocoa in it? which is from down Mexico way?

I think what you call Lima beans are what we call butter beans, and can be used for anything from a smooth white sauce in lasagne to dips etc.

Please send me a hush puppie sounds nice!

The Valley Vegan...............Lynda <lurine wrote:

Corn was grown up and down the east coast and throughout the southwest and lower half of the U.S. Corn tortillas were used up and down the coast and throughout the southwest. It was called by various names but were what we know as tortillas.

In modern times, salsa and mole have become synonymous with Mexican cooking. However, the act of chopping up tomatoes, onions and peppers and putting them on foods goes way back and the area known as Mexico was not the defining area.

Bean bread was made in some form or another up and down the east coast and throughout the south west. It is very filling and you can spice it up in all kinds of ways.

The Cherokee call it tu-ya ga-du and they put it in corn husks and then drop it in to boil.

Succatash is an east coast "thing" but is eaten throughout the U.S. It is mainly corn and lima beans. There are just about as many recipes as there are states. Generally you saute some onions (usually a bunch of scallions thinly sliced but shallots or red onions can be substituted but must be finely chopped) in butter/margarine. Add in about 10 oz baby lima beans and cook approx. 5 minutes. Add about 10 oz whole kernel corn (I add more corn and use white corn), salt and pepper to taste, stir another 3 minutes. Add in aout 1/2 soy milk or veggie broth and simmer about 3 minutes. In the usual recipes they use heavy cream. To get the same effect, add a little corn starch to thicken. Some folks substitute green beans for the lima, or edamame or fava beans.

Hush puppies are generally seen as a southern thing. You make a thick corn meal batter, drop by spoonfuls and deep fry them. Serve hot and drizzle with maple syrup.

To make vegan hush puppies, I would add about an extra 1/2 to 1 tsp. baking powder and some additional fat and depending on which egg substitute you use, maybe some applesauce. You want your hush puppies to be light and fluffy. Made the vegan method, non-veggies and vegans will still love them!

Lynda

-

peter hurd

Lynda,

Peter H

Guest guest

Mole means sauce. A lot of the Mexican moles have Mexican chocolate in them which is not the same as having chocolate in them. Whole different taste!

Yes, our lima beans are what y'all call butter beans. I prefer "baby" limas. Mature limas, to me, are like eating a crayon <g> Around here I notice that when they are green we usually see them called limas, when they are yellow I'll see them called butter beans and when they are red (usually a little spotted) they are frequently advertised as calico beans.

I don't think the Hush Puppies would ship too well %-{ They are best served hot.

Lynda

-

peter hurd

Thursday, September 29, 2005 12:50 PM

I think what you call Lima beans are what we call butter beans, and can be used for anything from a smooth white sauce in lasagne to dips etc.

Lynda

-

peter hurd

Lynda,

Peter H

Guest guest

I usually find that the butter beans that we get ( large ones ) have tough skins so dont use them very often.

O.K. if they dont ship too well, I`ll have to start walkin`

The Valley Vegan..............

Cenfigen a ladd ei pherchennog Envy destroys its possessor Lynda <lurine wrote:

Mole means sauce. A lot of the Mexican moles have Mexican chocolate in them which is not the same as having chocolate in them. Whole different taste!

Yes, our lima beans are what y'all call butter beans. I prefer "baby" limas. Mature limas, to me, are like eating a crayon <g> Around here I notice that when they are green we usually see them called limas, when they are yellow I'll see them called butter beans and when they are red (usually a little spotted) they are frequently advertised as calico beans.

I don't think the Hush Puppies would ship too well %-{ They are best served hot.

Lynda

-

peter hurd

Thursday, September 29, 2005 12:50 PM

Lynda

-

peter hurd

Lynda,

Peter H

Version: 7.0.344 / Virus Database: 267.11.6/111 - Release 9/23/2005Peter H

Guest guest

OMG, you can walk on water? Well, what the heck ya waiting for????

Lynda

-

peter hurd

Friday, September 30, 2005 1:56 PM

I usually find that the butter beans that we get ( large ones ) have tough skins so dont use them very often.

Cenfigen a ladd ei pherchennog Envy destroys its possessor

Guest guest

What do you mean? , I`m already there!

The Valley Vegan............Lynda <lurine wrote:

OMG, you can walk on water? Well, what the heck ya waiting for????

Lynda

-

peter hurd

Friday, September 30, 2005 1:56 PM

Cenfigen a ladd ei pherchennog Envy destroys its possessor Peter H