dang

Rate this topic

Guest guest

i was suppose to be at the protest in SF today

but

have to sit here and do the room mate dance

bleh

responsibility is dumb i tell ya...

maybe i should just become fantasy character and go on adventures.....

today's meal so far

tofu scramble with purple potatoes, spinach and mushrooms.....

I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can still do

something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the

something that I can do.

Guest guest

That sounds good to me. Hope you get a room mate soon.

Jo

-

" fraggle " <EBbrewpunx

Saturday, September 24, 2005 9:10 PM

dang

> i was suppose to be at the protest in SF today

> but

> have to sit here and do the room mate dance

> bleh

> responsibility is dumb i tell ya...

>

> maybe i should just become fantasy character and go on adventures.....

>

> today's meal so far

> tofu scramble with purple potatoes, spinach and mushrooms.....

>

> I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can still

do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do

the something that I can do.

>

>

>

> To send an email to -

>

Guest guest

Fraggle,

I know you are one, get a new tag line!

Last meal I ate was stir fry veg in black bean sauce ( from a takeaway) with rice ( managed to cook that myself! and saved a few bob). I can never understand why people by rice from takeaways, they must make a 200% profit on rice, and lets face it , it aint rocket science, and dont take long.

The Valley Vegan............

Gan bwyll y mae mynd ymhell Going slowly, going far fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

i was suppose to be at the protest in SF todaybuthave to sit here and do the room mate danceblehresponsibility is dumb i tell ya...maybe i should just become fantasy character and go on adventures.....today's meal so fartofu scramble with purple potatoes, spinach and mushrooms.....I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can still do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do.

Guest guest

got a new one actually...

but now have to wait fer him t o c ome over...give him keys, etc

thankfully i had a ton of people this time around in the room mate search...as i

don't have time to look...

Jo Cwazy <heartwork

Sep 24, 2005 1:21 PM

Re: dang

That sounds good to me. Hope you get a room mate soon.

Jo

-

" fraggle " <EBbrewpunx

Saturday, September 24, 2005 9:10 PM

dang

> i was suppose to be at the protest in SF today

> but

> have to sit here and do the room mate dance

> bleh

> responsibility is dumb i tell ya...

>

> maybe i should just become fantasy character and go on adventures.....

>

> today's meal so far

> tofu scramble with purple potatoes, spinach and mushrooms.....

>

> I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can still

do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do

the something that I can do.

>

>

>

> To send an email to -

>

Guest guest

its easy

its there

and, face it, some people can't cook rice to save their lives...

most people don't care about droppin an extra dollar fer rice.... peter hurd Sep 24, 2005 1:25 PM Re: dang

Fraggle,

Last meal I ate was stir fry veg in black bean sauce ( from a takeaway) with rice ( managed to cook that myself! and saved a few bob). I can never understand why people by rice from takeaways, they must make a 200% profit on rice, and lets face it , it aint rocket science, and dont take long.

i was suppose to be at the protest in SF todaybuthave to sit here and do the room mate danceblehresponsibility is dumb i tell ya...maybe i should just become fantasy character and go on adventures.....today's meal so fartofu scramble with purple potatoes, spinach and mushrooms.....I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can still do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do.

Guest guest

Maybe its me beint a tight wad, £1.70 for 1 portion of rice when times 3 people is a lot. ( dont know what that is in dollars), but I can buy a kilo or two for that, and a better quality too.

The Valley Vegan...........

Afrad pob afraid Everything needless is waste fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

its easy

its there

most people don't care about droppin an extra dollar fer rice.... peter hurd Sep 24, 2005 1:25 PM Re: dang

Fraggle,

Guest guest

side of rice here costs about a dollar most places..maybe $1.50

gas is $3 gallon

you could feed two people on a dollars worth of rice

and, its convienent

we yanks are all about convience dontcha know....

now excuse me, as i have to drive my SUV to the wal-mart 3 blocks away and stop at wendys on the way back, for a diet coke and then to the 7-11 for some lottery tix... peter hurd Sep 24, 2005 1:40 PM Re: dang

Maybe its me beint a tight wad, £1.70 for 1 portion of rice when times 3 people is a lot. ( dont know what that is in dollars), but I can buy a kilo or two for that, and a better quality too.

its easy

its there

Fraggle,

Guest guest

Obviously, in the land of the plenty, takeaways appear to be cheaper, petrol is cheaper, and portions and cars are bigger. Which would explain the sterotypical American obese tourist.

We Brits have a tradition of smaller portions - probabaly being an island and food not being so plentyful etc having something to do with it. Unfortunately American habits seem to be invading us. Thanks for Mcdeathburger and others like them. Im sure that there is something that you Yanks gave us Brits that wasnt harmful?, but having no memory doesnt help.

The Valley Vegan.............

Cenedl heb iaeth, cenedl heb galon A nation without language, a nation without heart fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

gas is $3 gallon

and, its convienent

now excuse me, as i have to drive my SUV to the wal-mart 3 blocks away and stop at wendys on the way back, for a diet coke and then to the 7-11 for some lottery tix... peter hurd Sep 24, 2005 1:40 PM Re: dang

its easy

its there

Fraggle,

Guest guest

rock n roll? peter hurd Sep 24, 2005 2:18 PM Re: dang

Obviously, in the land of the plenty, takeaways appear to be cheaper, petrol is cheaper, and portions and cars are bigger. Which would explain the sterotypical American obese tourist.

We Brits have a tradition of smaller portions - probabaly being an island and food not being so plentyful etc having something to do with it. Unfortunately American habits seem to be invading us. Thanks for Mcdeathburger and others like them. Im sure that there is something that you Yanks gave us Brits that wasnt harmful?, but having no memory doesnt help.

Cenedl heb iaeth, cenedl heb galon A nation without language, a nation without heart

I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can still do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do.

Guest guest

That's good.

Jo

-

" fraggle " <EBbrewpunx

Saturday, September 24, 2005 9:31 PM

> got a new one actually...

> but now have to wait fer him t o c ome over...give him keys, etc

Guest guest

I suppose technically it could be argued that rock n roll had its roots in R & B/The blues which has its origins to another continent......etc, etc. So I have to be pedantic and say NO! Try again!

fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

Cenedl heb iaeth, cenedl heb galon A nation without language, a nation without heart

I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can still do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do.Peter H

How much free photo storage do you get? Store your holiday snaps for FREE with Photos. Get Photos

Guest guest

What kind of squash did you just eat?

Besides, we didn't send you stuff like hagis or steak and kidney pie! Or blood pudding or blood sausage. Or vegemite! Yuck, yuck, yuck!

Lynda, who does not eat Mickey Ds but if her only choices were hagis or a burger, she'd go with the burger!

-

peter hurd

Saturday, September 24, 2005 2:18 PM

Cenedl heb iaeth, cenedl heb galon A nation without language, a nation without heart fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

gas is $3 gallon

and, its convienent

its easy

its there

Fraggle,

Guest guest

Butternut squash,

Point taken about the offaly stuff, but surely you must have knowledge of yucky traditional food from your end of the pond?

The Valley Vegan.............Lynda <lurine wrote:

Besides, we didn't send you stuff like hagis or steak and kidney pie! Or blood pudding or blood sausage. Or vegemite! Yuck, yuck, yuck!

Lynda, who does not eat Mickey Ds but if her only choices were hagis or a burger, she'd go with the burger!

-

peter hurd

Saturday, September 24, 2005 2:18 PM

gas is $3 gallon

and, its convienent

its easy

its there

Fraggle,

Guest guest

personally, i like tomatoes better then squash..but..wotever

and vegimite is aussie...in the Uk its marmite...lets not confuse our nasty foods shall we

:) Lynda Sep 24, 2005 3:13 PM Re: dang

I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can still do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do.

Guest guest

no, all food is a delight of the taste buds and a heavenly cornucopea of sensations and smells

(except for fried twinkies..i believe thats a russian plot..)

because of the pissoffthebrits treaty of 1804 all food products of north american origin and sent to the british isles have to be of the nastiest nature....

any time a british tourist enters america, the US governement assigns a team of handlers who watch his/her every move...all food eaten er seen has to ascribe to the aforementioned treaty

also, as soon as any product reaches the shores of Great Britain, the very air corrupts it. a combination of the sodden atmosphere, coal bitumen floating freely, and mold instantly turns everything into an indescribable horror

:) peter hurd Sep 24, 2005 3:24 PM Re: dang

Butternut squash,

Point taken about the offaly stuff, but surely you must have knowledge of yucky traditional food from your end of the pond?

Guest guest

Of course we do. Lamprey and I wouldn't eat them either! Eeeuuuuuuu!!!!! Nasty!!!!

Lynda

-

peter hurd

Saturday, September 24, 2005 3:24 PM

Butternut squash,

Guest guest

Marmite, vegemite. Different dog, same smell. they both look like you should use them to put on roofing paper <g> And taste, eeeuuuuuuu!

Lynda, whose first DH's mother was 7th Day and ate all that "weird" stuff!

-

fraggle

Saturday, September 24, 2005 3:43 PM

personally, i like tomatoes better then squash..but..wotever

and vegimite is aussie...in the Uk its marmite...lets not confuse our nasty foods shall we

:) Lynda Sep 24, 2005 3:13 PM Re: dang

Version: 7.0.344 / Virus Database: 267.11.5/110 - Release 9/22/2005

Guest guest

Well, silly, DeWar was from Scotland so you can blame everything Twinkie on Scotland. I mean, after all, they do deep fry Snickers in their bars over there <<eg>>

Lynda

-

fraggle

Saturday, September 24, 2005 3:58 PM

no, all food is a delight of the taste buds and a heavenly cornucopea of sensations and smells

(except for fried twinkies..i believe thats a russian plot..)

because of the pissoffthebrits treaty of 1804 all food products of north american origin and sent to the british isles have to be of the nastiest nature....

any time a british tourist enters america, the US governement assigns a team of handlers who watch his/her every move...all food eaten er seen has to ascribe to the aforementioned treaty

also, as soon as any product reaches the shores of Great Britain, the very air corrupts it. a combination of the sodden atmosphere, coal bitumen floating freely, and mold instantly turns everything into an indescribable horror

:)

Guest guest

rice, takes patience, precision. just a little bit of salt.

a little bit of olive oil. sprinkle some parsely.

sometimes I put in corn,/ peas/ and or carrots.

makes it interesting.

jasmine rice is lovely.

, peter hurd <swpgh01@t...> wrote:

>takeaway) with rice ( managed to cook that myself! and saved a few

bob). I can never understand why people by rice from takeaways, they

must make a 200% profit on rice, and lets face it , it aint rocket

science, and dont take long.

>

Guest guest

don't forget to ask your doctor about your little pill

duprex, zopran, zurprex, naprin, nuprilon, xiprolex,

taxipran,mulprizan, zolnapren, celeprin, cexaloprifen, cemolfidan

naprex, zolprex, xalifen, xaloprex, zoprexan..

this is fun... I could

go on and on....

, fraggle <EBbrewpunx@e...> wrote:

>we yanks are all about convience dontcha know....

now excuse me, as i have to drive my SUV to the wal-mart 3 blocks away

and stop at wendys on the way back, for a diet coke and then to the

7-11 for some lottery tix...

Guest guest

Just stick it in a pyrex dish. Put a lid on it and stick it in the oven.

Comes out perfect every time!

Lynda

-

" Anouk Sickler " <zurumato

Saturday, September 24, 2005 10:21 PM

>

> rice, takes patience, precision. just a little bit of salt.

> a little bit of olive oil. sprinkle some parsely.

>

> sometimes I put in corn,/ peas/ and or carrots.

> makes it interesting.

>

> jasmine rice is lovely.

>

>

> , peter hurd <swpgh01@t...> wrote:

>>takeaway) with rice ( managed to cook that myself! and saved a few

> bob). I can never understand why people by rice from takeaways, they

> must make a 200% profit on rice, and lets face it , it aint rocket

> science, and dont take long.

>To send an email to -

>

Guest guest

jazz is an american thing.

jazz had its origins in new orleans. and harlem in the 1920's.

other american inventions

electricity,

television,

film,

telephone

the airplane

car

elevator

computer

sewing machine

peanut butter

, peter hurd <swpgh01@t...> wrote:

> I suppose technically it could be argued that rock n roll had its

roots in R & B/The blues which has its origins to another

continent......etc, etc. So I have to be pedantic and say NO! Try again!

>

> The Valley Vegan...........

>

>

> fraggle <EBbrewpunx@e...> wrote:

> rock n roll?

>

>

>

> peter hurd

> Sep 24, 2005 2:18 PM

>

> Re: dang

>

> Obviously, in the land of the plenty, takeaways appear to be

cheaper, petrol is cheaper, and portions and cars are bigger. Which

would explain the sterotypical American obese tourist.

> We Brits have a tradition of smaller portions - probabaly being an

island and food not being so plentyful etc having something to do with

it. Unfortunately American habits seem to be invading us. Thanks for

Mcdeathburger and others like them. Im sure that there is something

that you Yanks gave us Brits that wasnt harmful?, but having no memory

doesnt help.

>

> The Valley Vegan.............

Guest guest

Not the car, France and Germany had them first.

the first working airplane. Actually Leonardo daVince designed the first

airplane.

A French tailor invented the sewing machine. An american, Howe, patented an

improved machine.

As to the boob tube, a German originally patented the idea. An Englishman

demonstrated the first " modern system. And American was responsible for the

eltronic system using cathode-ray tubes.

Lynda

-

" Anouk Sickler " <zurumato

Saturday, September 24, 2005 10:59 PM

> jazz is an american thing.

>

> jazz had its origins in new orleans. and harlem in the 1920's.

>

> other american inventions

> electricity,

> television,

> film,

> telephone

> the airplane

> car

> elevator

> computer

> sewing machine

> peanut butter

>

>

>

>

> , peter hurd <swpgh01@t...> wrote:

>> I suppose technically it could be argued that rock n roll had its

> roots in R & B/The blues which has its origins to another

> continent......etc, etc. So I have to be pedantic and say NO! Try again!

>>

>> The Valley Vegan...........

>>

>>

>> fraggle <EBbrewpunx@e...> wrote:

>> rock n roll?

>>

>>

>>

>> peter hurd

>> Sep 24, 2005 2:18 PM

>>

>> Re: dang

>>

>> Obviously, in the land of the plenty, takeaways appear to be

> cheaper, petrol is cheaper, and portions and cars are bigger. Which

> would explain the sterotypical American obese tourist.

>> We Brits have a tradition of smaller portions - probabaly being an

> island and food not being so plentyful etc having something to do with

> it. Unfortunately American habits seem to be invading us. Thanks for

> Mcdeathburger and others like them. Im sure that there is something

> that you Yanks gave us Brits that wasnt harmful?, but having no memory

> doesnt help.

>>

>> The Valley Vegan.............

To send an email to -

>

Guest guest

I would use the same arguement for Jazz as rock and roll.

The electric light, one of the everyday conveniences that most affects our lives, was invented in 1879 simultaneously by Thomas Alva Edison in the United States and Sir Joseph Wilson Swan in England.

Television is credited to John Logie Baird.

Need I go on?

The Valley Vegan.........Anouk Sickler <zurumato wrote:

jazz is an american thing. jazz had its origins in new orleans. and harlem in the 1920's.other american inventionselectricity,television,film,telephonethe airplanecarelevatorcomputersewing machinepeanut butter , peter hurd wrote:> I suppose technically it could be argued that rock n roll had itsroots in R & B/The blues which has its origins to anothercontinent......etc, etc. So I have to be pedantic and say NO! Try again!> > The Valley Vegan...........> > > fraggle wrote:> rock n roll?> > > > peter hurd > Sep 24, 2005 2:18 PM > > Re: dang >

> Obviously, in the land of the plenty, takeaways appear to becheaper, petrol is cheaper, and portions and cars are bigger. Whichwould explain the sterotypical American obese tourist. > We Brits have a tradition of smaller portions - probabaly being anisland and food not being so plentyful etc having something to do withit. Unfortunately American habits seem to be invading us. Thanks forMcdeathburger and others like them. Im sure that there is somethingthat you Yanks gave us Brits that wasnt harmful?, but having no memorydoesnt help.> > The Valley Vegan.............

Guest guest

Wait, I thought R & B/The Blues had it's origin here in the states? peter hurd <swpgh01 wrote:

I suppose technically it could be argued that rock n roll had its roots in R & B/The blues which has its origins to another continent......etc, etc. So I have to be pedantic and say NO! Try again!

fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

Cenedl heb iaeth, cenedl heb galon A nation without language, a nation without heart I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can still do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do.

Peter H

How much free photo storage do you get? Store your holiday snaps for FREE with Photos. Get Photos Jonnie

for Good Click here to donate to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort.