IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Girl Pink Boy Blue

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Arentja already working on some of that? You've mentioned several times about your many 'partners'. You travel all over the place, so you must have gobs of cash already.... Sorry about the doofus part, you've already proved that can't be so.fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

hey..tinky winky was gay!and spongebob!and, that shark in that cartoon movie last year..he was obviously trying to bring down americathats it..i'm gonna become a televangelist and defend the moral fiber of this great nationby fooling around with lotsa womyns...stealing gobs of cash...and by generally being a hypocritical doofus...*nods head*Lynda <lurineAug 13, 2005 8:42 AM Subject: Re: Re: Girl Pink Boy BlueActually, we have a few of those nutcase television preachers claiming itdesignates homosexuality. That along with triangles.Sheesh, those people need to get a life!Lynda- "heartwerk" <heartworkTo:

Saturday, August 13, 2005 3:41 AM Re: Girl Pink Boy Blue> I agree totally with what you say. It is interesting to hear that> purple is considered feminine - I haven't heard of it being that in> the UK.>> Jo>> , "zurumato@e..." <zurumato@e...> wrote:> > I see your point,> > but I guess that my actions in buying my boys feminine things (pink> blankets)> > and leaving the long hair just because I like it... is a sort of a> small protest on my part.> >> > Someone once said every action a protest in your backyard or> something like that.> >> > It is because I feel these colors are imposed and I think that those> well meaning people, should think twice about these steryotypes or> classifications.> >>

> When my son turned four, we went to Toys R Us (for lack of a better> place) to buy him his very first bycicle Helmet.> >> > out of all the colors that there where to choose from.. He chose> a Pink one.> > I knew that if we bought that one, he would probably get tease by> other boys.> >> > Then I lied and said the pink one is tooo big, how about another> one? Then he said , I like purple! (also considered a girls> color).> >> > I mean how do you explain to a four year old that he can't pick out> certain colors in toys. For what legitimate reason?> > I mean what would anyone have done?> > Philosophically it doesn't make sense to him as I am raising him to> be a free and open thinker who questions and questions.> > I believe assigning

colors is just stupid and homophobic.> >> > I think we should all resent our limited choices.> >> >> > - > > > > > > Cc: Lv2breathe@a...> > 8/11/2005 7:08:41 PM> > Re: Girl Pink Boy Blue> >> >> > Anouk> >> > In reading this I was just wondering...why are you offended?> >> > When people see a baby they are nervous as to get the right> gender...and will look for tell tale signs like colors and hair> length. Why do you get mad when they guess wrong when you did> everything to confuse them?> >> > Look, it's perfectly OK for your little boy to have long hair and a> pink blanket, but why get angry at others who are only trying to pick> up on cues? Why not give them a

break? This is more an issue of them> wanting to polite than a huge gender/societal issue.> >> > Kristina> >> > In a message dated 8/8/05 10:26:32 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,> writes:> >> > Hi peter,> >> > this is so true, it is sickening as it happens from birth.> >> > when my son was born, every single gift item of clothing was blue!> I used to wrap him around in a pink blanket and would get tons of> comments from my mom, my family, and strangers would say "she is so cute"> >> > my two year old has long hair. You don't know how many comments I> get from people calling her a "She" and then when I tell them he is> a boy they say "haven't had the courage to give him the first haircut> yet?> >> > Well, what

if I like his hair that way, I think his hair is> gourgeous and why should I cut it!> > At gatherings, people and friends ask me when am I gonna cut his> hair? Constantly!> >> >> >> >> > To send an email to - > >> >> >> >> > > >> > Visit your group "" on the web.> >> >

Guest guest

me??

i'm barely scraping by...

i make enough to pay rent, and pay bills..most of the time

i just like to travel and go places, so jump at any opportunity...

it doesn't have to cost much

when we went to europe(granted, it was ages ago), we spent less then $1000 over 2 months.... Jonnie Hellens Aug 16, 2005 2:29 PM Re: Re: Girl Pink Boy Blue

Arentja already working on some of that? You've mentioned several times about your many 'partners'. You travel all over the place, so you must have gobs of cash already.... Sorry about the doofus part, you've already proved that can't be so.fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: hey..tinky winky was gay!and spongebob!and, that shark in that cartoon movie last year..he was obviously trying to bring down americathats it..i'm gonna become a televangelist and defend the moral fiber of this great nationby fooling around with lotsa womyns...stealing gobs of cash...and by generally being a hypocritical doofus...*nods head*Lynda <lurineAug 13, 2005 8:42 AM Subject: Re: Re: Girl Pink Boy BlueActually, we have a few of those nutcase television preachers claiming itdesignates homosexuality. That along with triangles.Sheesh, those people need to get a life!Lynda- "heartwerk" <heartworkSaturday, August 13, 2005 3:41 AM Re: Girl Pink Boy Blue> I agree totally with what you say. It is interesting to hear that> purple is considered feminine - I haven't heard of it being that in> the UK.>> Jo>> , "zurumato@e..." <zurumato@e...> wrote:> > I see your point,> > but I guess that my actions in buying my boys feminine things (pink> blankets)> > and leaving the long hair just because I like it... is a sort of a> small protest on my part.> >> > Someone once said every action a protest in your backyard or> something like that.> >> > It is because I feel these colors are imposed and I think that those> well meaning people, should think twice about these steryotypes or> classifications.> >> > When my son turned four, we went to Toys R Us (for lack of a better> place) to buy him his very first bycicle Helmet.> >> > out of all the colors that there where to choose from.. He chose> a Pink one.> > I knew that if we bought that one, he would probably get tease by> other boys.> >> > Then I lied and said the pink one is tooo big, how about another> one? Then he said , I like purple! (also considered a girls> color).> >> > I mean how do you explain to a four year old that he can't pick out> certain colors in toys. For what legitimate reason?> > I mean what would anyone have done?> > Philosophically it doesn't make sense to him as I am raising him to> be a free and open thinker who questions and questions.> > I believe assigning colors is just stupid and homophobic.> >> > I think we should all resent our limited choices.> >> >> > - > > > > > > Cc: Lv2breathe@a...> > 8/11/2005 7:08:41 PM> > Re: Girl Pink Boy Blue> >> >> > Anouk> >> > In reading this I was just wondering...why are you offended?> >> > When people see a baby they are nervous as to get the right> gender...and will look for tell tale signs like colors and hair> length. Why do you get mad when they guess wrong when you did> everything to confuse them?> >> > Look, it's perfectly OK for your little boy to have long hair and a> pink blanket, but why get angry at others who are only trying to pick> up on cues? Why not give them a break? This is more an issue of them> wanting to polite than a huge gender/societal issue.> >> > Kristina> >> > In a message dated 8/8/05 10:26:32 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,> writes:> >> > Hi peter,> >> > this is so true, it is sickening as it happens from birth.> >> > when my son was born, every single gift item of clothing was blue!> I used to wrap him around in a pink blanket and would get tons of> comments from my mom, my family, and strangers would say "she is so cute"> >> > my two year old has long hair. You don't know how many comments I> get from people calling her a "She" and then when I tell them he is> a boy they say "haven't had the courage to give him the first haircut> yet?> >> > Well, what if I like his hair that way, I think his hair is> gourgeous and why should I cut it!> > At gatherings, people and friends ask me when am I gonna cut his> hair? Constantly!> >> >> >> >> > To send an email to - > >> >> >> >> > > >> > Visit your group "" on the web.> >> >

Guest guest

Nuh uh! That would be me! Oh me, pick me fraggle, pick me!Lynda <lurine wrote:

Oh great Fraggle, wonder of wonder, speaker of all truths, great defender of"the" red, white and blue fiber, holder of the key to the universe, I thinkyou need a Fiscal Administrator for the great organization you are going tobe running. That would be me, first in line, bowing and scraping. <<bg>>Lynda, gag, sputter, cough, cough.- "fraggle" <EBbrewpunxSaturday, August 13, 2005 10:33 AMRe: Re: Girl Pink Boy Blue> hey..tinky winky was gay!> and spongebob!> and, that shark in that cartoon movie last year..he was obviously tryingto bring down america> thats it..i'm gonna become a televangelist and defend the moral fiber ofthis great nation> by fooling around

with lotsa womyns...stealing gobs of cash...and bygenerally being a hypocritical doofus...> *nods head*>> > Lynda <lurine> Aug 13, 2005 8:42 AM> > Re: Re: Girl Pink Boy Blue>> Actually, we have a few of those nutcase television preachers claiming it> designates homosexuality. That along with triangles.>> Sheesh, those people need to get a life!>> Lynda> - > "heartwerk" <heartwork> > Saturday, August 13, 2005 3:41 AM> Re: Girl Pink Boy Blue>>> > I agree totally with what you say. It is interesting to hear that> > purple is considered feminine - I haven't heard of it being that

in> > the UK.> >> > Jo> >> > , "zurumato@e..." <zurumato@e...>wrote:> > > I see your point,> > > but I guess that my actions in buying my boys feminine things (pink> > blankets)> > > and leaving the long hair just because I like it... is a sort of a> > small protest on my part.> > >> > > Someone once said every action a protest in your backyard or> > something like that.> > >> > > It is because I feel these colors are imposed and I think that those> > well meaning people, should think twice about these steryotypes or> > classifications.> > >> > > When my son turned four, we went to Toys R Us (for lack of a better> > place) to buy him his very first bycicle Helmet.> > >> > > out of

all the colors that there where to choose from.. He chose> > a Pink one.> > > I knew that if we bought that one, he would probably get tease by> > other boys.> > >> > > Then I lied and said the pink one is tooo big, how about another> > one? Then he said , I like purple! (also considered a girls> > color).> > >> > > I mean how do you explain to a four year old that he can't pick out> > certain colors in toys. For what legitimate reason?> > > I mean what would anyone have done?> > > Philosophically it doesn't make sense to him as I am raising him to> > be a free and open thinker who questions and questions.> > > I believe assigning colors is just stupid and homophobic.> > >> > > I think we should all

resent our limited choices.> > >> > >> > > - > > > > > > > > > Cc: Lv2breathe@a...> > > 8/11/2005 7:08:41 PM> > > Re: Girl Pink Boy Blue> > >> > >> > > Anouk> > >> > > In reading this I was just wondering...why are you offended?> > >> > > When people see a baby they are nervous as to get the right> > gender...and will look for tell tale signs like colors and hair> > length. Why do you get mad when they guess wrong when you did> > everything to confuse them?> > >> > > Look, it's perfectly OK for your little boy to have long hair and a> > pink blanket, but why get angry at others who are only trying to pick> > up on

cues? Why not give them a break? This is more an issue of them> > wanting to polite than a huge gender/societal issue.> > >> > > Kristina> > >> > > In a message dated 8/8/05 10:26:32 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,> > writes:> > >> > > Hi peter,> > >> > > this is so true, it is sickening as it happens from birth.> > >> > > when my son was born, every single gift item of clothing was blue!> > I used to wrap him around in a pink blanket and would get tons of> > comments from my mom, my family, and strangers would say "she is socute"> > >> > > my two year old has long hair. You don't know how many comments I> > get from people calling her a "She" and then when I tell them he is> > a boy

they say "haven't had the courage to give him the first haircut> > yet?> > >> > > Well, what if I like his hair that way, I think his hair is> > gourgeous and why should I cut it!> > > At gatherings, people and friends ask me when am I gonna cut his> > hair? Constantly!> > >> > >> > >> > >> > > To send an email to - > > >> > >> > >> > >> > > > > >> > > Visit your group "" on the web.> > >> > >

Guest guest

when we went to paris, we spent 40 dollars a night at a cheap hotel. It was ok, but it was a closet, I never washed my feet well the entire time, because I couldnt bend down in the shower stall. That's how small it was.

It was a few years ago, and We had a horrible time finding anything vegan/vegetarian.

Despite that, I want to do it again, this time better prepared. But first I need a job!

-

fraggle

8/16/2005 5:42:35 PM

Re: Re: Girl Pink Boy Blue

me??

when we went to europe(granted, it was ages ago), we spent less then $1000 over 2 months.... Jonnie Hellens Aug 16, 2005 2:29 PM Re: Re: Girl Pink Boy Blue

Arentja already working on some of that? You've mentioned several times about your many 'partners'. You travel all over the place, so you must have gobs of cash already.... Sorry about the doofus part, you've already proved that can't be so.fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: hey..tinky winky was gay!and spongebob!and, that shark in that cartoon movie last year..he was obviously trying to bring down americathats it..i'm gonna become a televangelist and defend the moral fiber of this great nationby fooling around with lotsa womyns...stealing gobs of cash...and by generally being a hypocritical doofus...*nods head*Lynda <lurineAug 13, 2005 8:42 AM Subject: Re: Re: Girl Pink Boy BlueActually, we have a few of those nutcase television preachers claiming itdesignates homosexuality. That along with triangles.Sheesh, those people need to get a life!Lynda- "heartwerk" <heartworkSaturday, August 13, 2005 3:41 AM Re: Girl Pink Boy Blue> I agree totally with what you say. It is interesting to hear that> purple is considered feminine - I haven't heard of it being that in> the UK.>> Jo>> , "zurumato@e..." <zurumato@e...> wrote:> > I see your point,> > but I guess that my actions in buying my boys feminine things (pink> blankets)> > and leaving the long hair just because I like it... is a sort of a> small protest on my part.> >> > Someone once said every action a protest in your backyard or> something like that.> >> > It is because I feel these colors are imposed and I think that those> well meaning people, should think twice about these steryotypes or> classifications.> >> > When my son turned four, we went to Toys R Us (for lack of a better> place) to buy him his very first bycicle Helmet.> >> > out of all the colors that there where to choose from.. He chose> a Pink one.> > I knew that if we bought that one, he would probably get tease by> other boys.> >> > Then I lied and said the pink one is tooo big, how about another> one? Then he said , I like purple! (also considered a girls> color).> >> > I mean how do you explain to a four year old that he can't pick out> certain colors in toys. For what legitimate reason?> > I mean what would anyone have done?> > Philosophically it doesn't make sense to him as I am raising him to> be a free and open thinker who questions and questions.> > I believe assigning colors is just stupid and homophobic.> >> > I think we should all resent our limited choices.> >> >> > - > > > > > > Cc: Lv2breathe@a...> > 8/11/2005 7:08:41 PM> > Re: Girl Pink Boy Blue> >> >> > Anouk> >> > In reading this I was just wondering...why are you offended?> >> > When people see a baby they are nervous as to get the right> gender...and will look for tell tale signs like colors and hair> length. Why do you get mad when they guess wrong when you did> everything to confuse them?> >> > Look, it's perfectly OK for your little boy to have long hair and a> pink blanket, but why get angry at others who are only trying to pick> up on cues? Why not give them a break? This is more an issue of them> wanting to polite than a huge gender/societal issue.> >> > Kristina> >> > In a message dated 8/8/05 10:26:32 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,> writes:> >> > Hi peter,> >> > this is so true, it is sickening as it happens from birth.> >> > when my son was born, every single gift item of clothing was blue!> I used to wrap him around in a pink blanket and would get tons of> comments from my mom, my family, and strangers would say "she is so cute"> >> > my two year old has long hair. You don't know how many comments I> get from people calling her a "She" and then when I tell them he is> a boy they say "haven't had the courage to give him the first haircut> yet?> >> > Well, what if I like his hair that way, I think his hair is> gourgeous and why should I cut it!> > At gatherings, people and friends ask me when am I gonna cut his> hair? Constantly!> >> >> >> >> > To send an email to - > >> >> >> >> > > >> > Visit your group "" on the web.> >> >

Guest guest

always tough the first time i think..

our first weeks in europe were..interesting..until we got the hang of things

"zurumato" Aug 16, 2005 2:53 PM Re: Re: Girl Pink Boy Blue

when we went to paris, we spent 40 dollars a night at a cheap hotel. It was ok, but it was a closet, I never washed my feet well the entire time, because I couldnt bend down in the shower stall. That's how small it was.

It was a few years ago, and We had a horrible time finding anything vegan/vegetarian.

Despite that, I want to do it again, this time better prepared. But first I need a job!

-

fraggle

8/16/2005 5:42:35 PM

me??

Guest guest

Have you got the right chap here Jonnie?

Jo

You've mentioned several times about your many 'partners'. You travel all over the place, so you must have gobs of cash already.... Sorry about the doofus part, you've already proved that can't be so.fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

Guest guest

yer right..i am a doofus

heh Jo Cwazy Aug 17, 2005 11:09 AM Re: Re: Girl Pink Boy Blue

Jo

You've mentioned several times about your many 'partners'. You travel all over the place, so you must have gobs of cash already.... Sorry about the doofus part, you've already proved that can't be so.fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

a blinding flash hotter than the sun dead bodies lie across the path the radiation colors the air

finishing one by one

Guest guest

Ur braver than I, Jo! :)Jo Cwazy <heartwork wrote:

Jo

Jonnie

Mail for Mobile Take Mail with you! Check email on your mobile phone.

Guest guest

My MIL raised her son like royalty. He always wore fancy handmade clothes, didn't get dirty, etc. She tried to give me some of his things when my DS was born, along with instructions about hand washing them, etc. I told her no thanks. When he got older, she put some on him, took them off a short time later (after he had ripped them, lost buttons, etc) and never tried that again. She about went nuts trying to keep him quietly sitting somewhere doing not much.heartwerk <heartwork wrote:

I always think the best thing to do is ask whether the baby is a boyor girl before proceeding.At one time in the UK it was normal for all new babies to be dressedin white (of course - we didn't have the ability to know what sex theywere going to be) so I suppose everyone had to ask.Jo , lv2breathe@a... wrote:> > Jo, Anouk and Jonnie> > I feel misunderstood here. > > Who said anything about "labeling"? I am totally in favor ofeveryone being > themselves and choosing whatever color they want to wear.> > I just don't see the point of getting upset with strangers if theymisguess > your child's sex because you don't put them in traditional colors. > > I was just saying...why

get mad at them? They are not trying to offend. > They are just trying to guess your baby's sex with clues because somany > mother's get bent out of shape if you say the wrong one.> > If you are going to buck traditional colors and looks, fine. Butdon't get > angry when society does not know what to call your children. > > Kristina> > In a message dated 8/12/05 3:48:57 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, > writes:> > Message: 7 > Fri, 12 Aug 2005 15:25:18 -0700 (PDT)> Jonnie Hellens <jonnie_hellens>> Re: Re: Girl Pink Boy Blue> > I've never thought that we should label people just so some people are > comfortable. My middle daughter was a red-head, looked awful

inmost 'baby' > colors they had out at the time. I would take her stuff and soak it in tea to > make it a tan color, which looked stunning on her. When she started eating > solids, she would get plums all over her face and I would admirehow nice the > color looked on her, basically all fall colors were stunning. Now-a-days you > can get baby clothes in these colors, as well as grown up clothes.Her problem > now is that she's such a little-bitty thing that she can't findstuff small > enuf. I tease her that when I get her clolthing gifts, I buy themin the > little girl department. In fact, we all went out to dinnerrecently to a buffet > restaurant and when I got to the table, she and my son weregiggling. It > turns out that even tho she's almost 20, they charged us for akiddie meal. I

> had the same prob. When I was in my mid 20s, someone gruffly askedme why> I wasn't in school. I drew myself up to my full height (ok, so I'mnot very > far from the ground) and said "excuse me?" I guess my voice sounded a > little older than I looked cuz he backed down.> > Ok, enuf of memory lane, sorry...> > Jo Cwazy <heartwork@c...> wrote:> Why should it be that pink is for girls and blue for boys. Mydaughter has > never liked pink, and Peter likes all colours, including pink. Youseem to > think that you should dress children a certain way to avoidconfusing people > who have no reason to assume something from a colour. Maybe weshould stick > labels on their foreheads.> > Jo> - > lv2breathe@a...

> > Cc: Lv2breathe@a... > Thursday, August 11, 2005 9:58 PM> Re: Girl Pink Boy Blue> > > Anouk> > In reading this I was just wondering...why are you offended?> > When people see a baby they are nervous as to get the rightgender...and > will look for tell tale signs like colors and hair length. Why doyou get mad > when they guess wrong when you did everything to confuse them?> > Look, it's perfectly OK for your little boy to have long hair and apink > blanket, but why get angry at others who are only trying to pick upon cues? > Why not give them a break? This is more an issue of them wantingto polite > than a huge gender/societal issue.> > Kristina> > In a message dated 8/8/05

10:26:32 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, > writes:> > Hi peter,> > this is so true, it is sickening as it happens from birth. > > when my son was born, every single gift item of clothing was blue! I > used to wrap him around in a pink blanket and would get tons ofcomments from my > mom, my family, and strangers would say "she is so cute"> > my two year old has long hair. You don't know how many comments Iget from > people calling her a "She" and then when I tell them he is a boythey say > "haven't had the courage to give him the first haircut yet? > > Well, what if I like his hair that way, I think his hair isgourgeous and > why should I cut it!> At gatherings, people and friends ask me

when am I gonna cut his hair? > Constantly!> > > > > > To send an email to - > > > > SPONSORED LINKS > Vegan vegetarian Vegan VegetarianJonnie

Guest guest

Sadly, nobody has been able to teach me that. Either that or my mouth works so much faster then my brain.Lynda <lurine wrote:

Gee, I guess my problem is that my momma and gramma taught me that good manners required that I engage my brain before engaging my mouth. If I don't know, positively, then ask. It is easy look at the child and to ask a simple question like "What is your name" or simply saying "What a cute baby" "Or what a cute/sweet child."

Lynda

-

lv2breathe

Cc: Lv2breathe

Friday, August 12, 2005 4:56 PM

Re: Girl Pink Boy Blue

Jo, Anouk and Jonnie

I feel misunderstood here.

Who said anything about "labeling"? I am totally in favor of everyone being themselves and choosing whatever color they want to wear.

I just don't see the point of getting upset with strangers if they misguess your child's sex because you don't put them in traditional colors.

I was just saying...why get mad at them? They are not trying to offend. They are just trying to guess your baby's sex with clues because so many mother's get bent out of shape if you say the wrong one.

If you are going to buck traditional colors and looks, fine. But don't get angry when society does not know what to call your children.

KristinaJonnie

Guest guest

Hmmm... there's a gay bar next to my store and I see a rainbow of colors being worn. In fact, I have seen a lot of rainbow stickers on their cars.Lynda <lurine wrote:

Actually, we have a few of those nutcase television preachers claiming itdesignates homosexuality. That along with triangles.Sheesh, those people need to get a life!Lynda- "heartwerk" <heartworkSaturday, August 13, 2005 3:41 AM Re: Girl Pink Boy Blue> I agree totally with what you say. It is interesting to hear that> purple is considered feminine - I haven't heard of it being that in> the UK.>> Jo>> , "zurumato@e..." <zurumato@e...> wrote:> > I see your point,> > but I guess that my actions in buying my boys feminine things (pink> blankets)> > and leaving the long hair just because I

like it... is a sort of a> small protest on my part.> >> > Someone once said every action a protest in your backyard or> something like that.> >> > It is because I feel these colors are imposed and I think that those> well meaning people, should think twice about these steryotypes or> classifications.> >> > When my son turned four, we went to Toys R Us (for lack of a better> place) to buy him his very first bycicle Helmet.> >> > out of all the colors that there where to choose from.. He chose> a Pink one.> > I knew that if we bought that one, he would probably get tease by> other boys.> >> > Then I lied and said the pink one is tooo big, how about another> one? Then he said , I like purple! (also considered a girls>

color).> >> > I mean how do you explain to a four year old that he can't pick out> certain colors in toys. For what legitimate reason?> > I mean what would anyone have done?> > Philosophically it doesn't make sense to him as I am raising him to> be a free and open thinker who questions and questions.> > I believe assigning colors is just stupid and homophobic.> >> > I think we should all resent our limited choices.> >> >> > - > > > > > > Cc: Lv2breathe@a...> > 8/11/2005 7:08:41 PM> > Re: Girl Pink Boy Blue> >> >> > Anouk> >> > In reading this I was just wondering...why are you offended?> >> > When people see a baby they are nervous as to get the

right> gender...and will look for tell tale signs like colors and hair> length. Why do you get mad when they guess wrong when you did> everything to confuse them?> >> > Look, it's perfectly OK for your little boy to have long hair and a> pink blanket, but why get angry at others who are only trying to pick> up on cues? Why not give them a break? This is more an issue of them> wanting to polite than a huge gender/societal issue.> >> > Kristina> >> > In a message dated 8/8/05 10:26:32 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,> writes:> >> > Hi peter,> >> > this is so true, it is sickening as it happens from birth.> >> > when my son was born, every single gift item of clothing was blue!> I used to wrap him around in a pink blanket and would get tons of>

comments from my mom, my family, and strangers would say "she is so cute"> >> > my two year old has long hair. You don't know how many comments I> get from people calling her a "She" and then when I tell them he is> a boy they say "haven't had the courage to give him the first haircut> yet?> >> > Well, what if I like his hair that way, I think his hair is> gourgeous and why should I cut it!> > At gatherings, people and friends ask me when am I gonna cut his> hair? Constantly!> >> >> >> >> > To send an email to - > >> >> >> >> > > >> > Visit your group "" on the web.> >> >

Guest guest

Shhhh, next those nuts will declare rainbows to be perverted! don't give them any ideas!

Lynda

-

Jonnie Hellens

Wednesday, August 17, 2005 6:42 PM

Hmmm... there's a gay bar next to my store and I see a rainbow of colors being worn. In fact, I have seen a lot of rainbow stickers on their cars.Lynda <lurine wrote: Actually, we have a few of those nutcase television preachers claiming itdesignates homosexuality. That along with triangles.Sheesh, those people need to get a life!Lynda- "heartwerk" <heartworkSaturday, August 13, 2005 3:41 AM Re: Girl Pink Boy Blue> I agree totally with what you say. It is interesting to hear that> purple is considered feminine - I haven't heard of it being that in> the UK.>> Jo>> , "zurumato@e..." <zurumato@e...> wrote:> > I see your point,> > but I guess that my actions in buying my boys feminine things (pink> blankets)> > and leaving the long hair just be cause I like it... is a sort of a> small protest on my part.> >> > Someone once said every action a protest in your backyard or> something like that.> >> > It is because I feel these colors are imposed and I think that those> well meaning people, should think twice about these steryotypes or> classifications.> >> > When my son turned four, we went to Toys R Us (for lack of a better> place) to buy him his very first bycicle Helmet.> >> > out of all the colors that there where to choose from.. He chose> a Pink one.> > I knew that if we bought that one, he would probably get tease by> other boys.> >> > Then I lied and said the pink one is tooo big, how about another> one? Then he said , I like purple! (also considered a girls> color).> >> > I mean how do you explain to a four year old that he can't pick out> certain colors in toys. For what legitimate reason?> > I mean what would anyone have done?> > Philosophically it doesn't make sense to him as I am raising him to> be a free and open thinker who questions and questions.> > I believe assigning colors is just stupid and homophobic.> >> > I think we should all resent our limited choices.> >> >> > - > > > > > > Cc: Lv2breathe@a...> > 8/11/2005 7:08:41 PM> > Re: Girl Pink Boy Blue> >> >> > Anouk> >> > In reading this I was just wondering...why are you offended?> >> > When people see a baby they are nervous as to g et the right> gender...and will look for tell tale signs like colors and hair> length. Why do you get mad when they guess wrong when you did> everything to confuse them?> >> > Look, it's perfectly OK for your little boy to have long hair and a> pink blanket, but why get angry at others who are only trying to pick> up on cues? Why not give them a break? This is more an issue of them> wanting to polite than a huge gender/societal issue.> >> > Kristina> >> > In a message dated 8/8/05 10:26:32 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,> writes:> >> > Hi peter,> >> > this is so true, it is sickening as it happens from birth.> >> > when my son was born, every single gift item of clothing was blue!> I used to wrap him around in a pink blanket and would get tons of & gt; comments from my mom, my family, and strangers would say "she is so cute"> >> > my two year old has long hair. You don't know how many comments I> get from people calling her a "She" and then when I tell them he is> a boy they say "haven't had the courage to give him the first haircut> yet?> >> > Well, what if I like his hair that way, I think his hair is> gourgeous and why should I cut it!> > At gatherings, people and friends ask me when am I gonna cut his> hair? Constantly!> >> >> >> >> > To send an email to - > >> >> >> >> > > >> > Visit your group "" on the web.> >> >

Guest guest

A rainbow flag or triangle is a symbol of "pro-homosexual individuals". It could be on a car/house/church/etc. saying that homoselxual individuals live at the house, drive the car, are welcome at the church, or that the people living there are heterosexual but supportive towards homosexuals. I love to see the rainbow flag, because I know that hate is not a family value where that flag flies. In fact I am proud of the fact that my church flys a rainbow flag to let GLBTs know that they are welcome.

Jonnie Hellens <jonnie_hellens wrote:

Hmmm... there's a gay bar next to my store and I see a rainbow of colors being worn. In fact, I have seen a lot of rainbow stickers on their cars.Lynda <lurine wrote: Actually, we have a few of those nutcase television preachers claiming itdesignates homosexuality. That along with triangles.Sheesh, those people need to get a life!Lynda- "heartwerk" <heartworkSaturday, August 13, 2005 3:41 AM Re: Girl Pink Boy Blue> I agree totally with what you say. It is interesting to hear that> purple is considered feminine - I haven't heard of it being that in> the UK.>> Jo>> , "zurumato@e..." <zurumato@e...> wrote:> > I see your point,> > but I guess that my actions in buying my boys feminine things (pink> blankets)> > and leaving the long hair just because I

like it... is a sort of a> small protest on my part.> >> > Someone once said every action a protest in your backyard or> something like that.> >> > It is because I feel these colors are imposed and I think that those> well meaning people, should think twice about these steryotypes or> classifications.> >> > When my son turned four, we went to Toys R Us (for lack of a better> place) to buy him his very first bycicle Helmet.> >> > out of all the colors that there where to choose from.. He chose> a Pink one.> > I knew that if we bought that one, he would probably get tease by> other boys.> >> > Then I lied and said the pink one is tooo big, how about another> one? Then he said , I like purple! (also considered a girls>

color).> >> > I mean how do you explain to a four year old that he can't pick out> certain colors in toys. For what legitimate reason?> > I mean what would anyone have done?> > Philosophically it doesn't make sense to him as I am raising him to> be a free and open thinker who questions and questions.> > I believe assigning colors is just stupid and homophobic.> >> > I think we should all resent our limited choices.> >> >> > - > > > > > > Cc: Lv2breathe@a...> > 8/11/2005 7:08:41 PM> > Re: Girl Pink Boy Blue> >> >> > Anouk> >> > In reading this I was just wondering...why are you offended?> >> > When people see a baby they are nervous as to get the

right> gender...and will look for tell tale signs like colors and hair> length. Why do you get mad when they guess wrong when you did> everything to confuse them?> >> > Look, it's perfectly OK for your little boy to have long hair and a> pink blanket, but why get angry at others who are only trying to pick> up on cues? Why not give them a break? This is more an issue of them> wanting to polite than a huge gender/societal issue.> >> > Kristina> >> > In a message dated 8/8/05 10:26:32 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,> writes:> >> > Hi peter,> >> > this is so true, it is sickening as it happens from birth.> >> > when my son was born, every single gift item of clothing was blue!> I used to wrap him around in a pink blanket and would get tons of>

comments from my mom, my family, and strangers would say "she is so cute"> >> > my two year old has long hair. You don't know how many comments I> get from people calling her a "She" and then when I tell them he is> a boy they say "haven't had the courage to give him the first haircut> yet?> >> > Well, what if I like his hair that way, I think his hair is> gourgeous and why should I cut it!> > At gatherings, people and friends ask me when am I gonna cut his> hair? Constantly!> >> >> >> >> > To send an email to - > >> >> >> >> > > >> > Visit your group "" on the web.> >> >

Guest guest

> Peter was a red-head for the first about four months of his life (then

> it got dark and his hair is very dark brown now). My favourite colour

> for him was a sort of lime green.

I would just like to point out that, to my knowledge, I have *never* had

lime green hair!

BB

Peter

Guest guest

LOL - it would suit you though, if you felt that way inclined.

Jo

> > Peter was a red-head for the first about four months of his life (then

> > it got dark and his hair is very dark brown now). My favourite colour

> > for him was a sort of lime green.

>

> I would just like to point out that, to my knowledge, I have *never* had

> lime green hair!

>

> BB

> Peter

>

>