IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Storms

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Our little island has one week of decent weather, then has to have storms to compensate. What a wimp.

The Valley Vegan.....nikki_mackovitch <nikkimack wrote:

Take it back!:) , "Lynda" wrote:> Ah ha! That's where our weather went to! The north valley usually has> temps in the 90s in June, as do we over here in our little valley. This> year all we had was rain and temps in the 50s and sometimes 60s.> > Lynda> -> nikki_mackovitch > > Friday, June 24, 2005 11:12 AM> Re: Storms> > > > Please send it our way! It's over 100 in Chicago. We've broken so many> > records this year it isn't even funny. This month we had more over 90> > days than all of last year. And today is the hottest day it has been> > in about a century here in

Chicago.> >> > Help!> >> > Nikki - who's car has no a/c> >> >> > , "Jo Cwazy" wrote:> > > Aaahhhh! We've just had a lovely storm, which hopefully will have> > put an> > > end to the too-high temperatures and mugginess.> > >> > > Jo> >> >> >> >> > To send an email to - > >

Guest guest

Get a water butt ( may loose something in translation so here goes :

A large cask.

A unit of volume equal to two hogsheads, usually the equivalent of 126 U.S. gallons (about 477 liters). ),

they are easy to attach to any external downpipe and soon fill up ( in this country anyway!). That way you will have plenty of rainwater for the garden ( much better than the tap stuff )

The Valley Vegan........nikki_mackovitch <nikkimack wrote:

That's a good idea if it starts getting bad, thx! Except will have to be careful to make sure I only get my water and not after DH washes his hands from preparing his food.Nikki :) , fraggle wrote:> disconnect the kitchen sink drain pipe and put a bucket underneath > then just use the grey water when you need to water the garden....> > > nikki_mackovitch > Jun 24, 2005 5:31 PM> > Re: Storms> > I believe it, we are already at a watering ban. No watering outside > what-so-ever!> > It was between 7a-11a and 7p-11p odds and evens, but now, nothing!> > Going to have to water the garden in secrecy at

night! And only just > enough.> > Nikki :)> > , fraggle wrote:> > i hear toronto is havin all sorts of problems...> > we have an office there, and they are basically all losing their > minds over the heat...> > > > > > nikki_mackovitch > > Jun 24, 2005 2:12 PM> > > > Re: Storms> > > > Please send it our way! It's over 100 in Chicago. We've broken so > many > > records this year it isn't even funny. This month we had more over > 90 > > days than all of last year. And today is the hottest day it has > been > > in about a century here in Chicago.> > > > Help!> > > > Nikki - who's car has no

a/c> > > > > > , "Jo Cwazy" > wrote:> > > Aaahhhh! We've just had a lovely storm, which hopefully will > have > > put an> > > end to the too-high temperatures and mugginess.> > > > > > Jo> > > > > > > > > > To send an email to -> > >

Guest guest

I`m with Jo on this, I cant stand the heat either, and thats not an excuse to get out of the kitchen!

The Valley Vegan........fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

we are exact opposites:)love the heatjust really have no love fer most places were it gets hot...go figureJo Cwazy Jun 24, 2005 1:35 PM Subject: Re: StormsSounds good to me - I ~hate~ hot weather. Once it gets over about 23degrees (about 78 Fahrenheit) it's too much for me. It is always so humid,and sticky. Apparently our temperature will be 22 tomorrow :-)I hope your tomatoes pick up okay.Jo> overcast and chilly here> only been in the 60's F all week> low's been sittin off the coast all week......> silly weather> my tomatoes are not happy at all....>> > Jo Cwazy > Jun 24, 2005

9:30 AM> > Storms>> Aaahhhh! We've just had a lovely storm, which hopefully will have put an> end to the too-high temperatures and mugginess.>> Jo>>>> To send an email to - >

Guest guest

rain barrel.....

i have buckets out back meself...

but...they don't last long

generally, by now, we've had several dry months, and the buckets would be bone dry....

oddly enough, i've only had to bring out the hose once this year...

today we are socked in with a thick marine layer....

no, my tomatoes are not happy at all

fraggle peter hurd Jun 25, 2005 7:51 AM Re: Re: Storms

A large cask.

A unit of volume equal to two hogsheads, usually the equivalent of 126 U.S. gallons (about 477 liters). ),

they are easy to attach to any external downpipe and soon fill up ( in this country anyway!). That way you will have plenty of rainwater for the garden ( much better than the tap stuff )

That's a good idea if it starts getting bad, thx! Except will have to be careful to make sure I only get my water and not after DH washes his hands from preparing his food.Nikki :) , fraggle wrote:> disconnect the kitchen sink drain pipe and put a bucket underneath > then just use the grey water when you need to water the garden....> > > nikki_mackovitch > Jun 24, 2005 5:31 PM> > Re: Storms> > I believe it, we are already at a watering ban. No watering outside > what-so-ever!> > It was between 7a-11a and 7p-11p odds and evens, but now, nothing!> > Going to have to water the garden in secrecy at night! And only just > enough.> > Nikki :)> > , fraggle wrote:> > i hear toronto is havin all sorts of problems...> > we have an office there, and they are basically all losing their > minds over the heat...> > > > > > nikki_mackovitch > > Jun 24, 2005 2:12 PM> > > > Re: Storms> > > > Please send it our way! It's over 100 in Chicago. We've broken so > many > > records this year it isn't even funny. This month we had more over > 90 > > days than all of last year. And today is the hottest day it has > been > > in about a century here in Chicago.> > > > Help!> > > > Nikki - who's car has no a/c> > > > > > , "Jo Cwazy" > wrote:> > > Aaahhhh! We've just had a lovely storm, which hopefully will > have > > put an> > > end to the too-high temperatures and mugginess.> > > > > > Jo> > > > > > > > > > To send an email to -> > >

Guest guest

we are socked in with a thick marine layer....

Are you talking about fetish footware?

Sorry about your martoes, have you tried talking to them?

The Valley Vegan......lost the plot as usualfraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

rain barrel.....

generally, by now, we've had several dry months, and the buckets would be bone dry....

A large cask.

That's a good idea if it starts getting bad, thx! Except will have to be careful to make sure I only get my water and not after DH washes his hands from preparing his food.Nikki :) , fraggle wrote:> disconnect the kitchen sink drain pipe and put a bucket underneath > then just use the grey water when you need to water the garden....> > > nikki_mackovitch > Jun 24, 2005 5:31 PM> > Re: Storms> > I believe it, we are already at a watering ban. No watering outside > what-so-ever!> > It was between 7a-11a and 7p-11p odds and evens, but now, nothing!> > Going to have to water the garden in secrecy at

night! And only just > enough.> > Nikki :)> > , fraggle wrote:> > i hear toronto is havin all sorts of problems...> > we have an office there, and they are basically all losing their > minds over the heat...> > > > > > nikki_mackovitch > > Jun 24, 2005 2:12 PM> > > > Re: Storms> > > > Please send it our way! It's over 100 in Chicago. We've broken so > many > > records this year it isn't even funny. This month we had more over > 90 > > days than all of last year. And today is the hottest day it has > been > > in about a century here in Chicago.> > > > Help!> > > > Nikki - who's car has no

a/c> > > > > > , "Jo Cwazy" > wrote:> > > Aaahhhh! We've just had a lovely storm, which hopefully will > have > > put an> > > end to the too-high temperatures and mugginess.> > > > > > Jo> > > > > > > > > > To send an email to -> > >

Guest guest

if i talk to the tomatoes, then the peppers get jealous...

marine layer....coastal overcast peter hurd Jun 25, 2005 8:27 AM Re: Re: Storms

we are socked in with a thick marine layer....

Are you talking about fetish footware?

Sorry about your martoes, have you tried talking to them?

The Valley Vegan......lost the plot as usualfraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

rain barrel.....

A large cask.

That's a good idea if it starts getting bad, thx! Except will have to be careful to make sure I only get my water and not after DH washes his hands from preparing his food.Nikki :) , fraggle wrote:> disconnect the kitchen sink drain pipe and put a bucket underneath > then just use the grey water when you need to water the garden....> > > nikki_mackovitch > Jun 24, 2005 5:31 PM> > Re: Storms> > I believe it, we are already at a watering ban. No watering outside > what-so-ever!> > It was between 7a-11a and 7p-11p odds and evens, but now, nothing!> > Going to have to water the garden in secrecy at night! And only just > enough.> > Nikki :)> > , fraggle wrote:> > i hear toronto is havin all sorts of problems...> > we have an office there, and they are basically all losing their > minds over the heat...> > > > > > nikki_mackovitch > > Jun 24, 2005 2:12 PM> > > > Re: Storms> > > > Please send it our way! It's over 100 in Chicago. We've broken so > many > > records this year it isn't even funny. This month we had more over > 90 > > days than all of last year. And today is the hottest day it has > been > > in about a century here in Chicago.> > > > Help!> > > > Nikki - who's car has no a/c> > > > > > , "Jo Cwazy" > wrote:> > > Aaahhhh! We've just had a lovely storm, which hopefully will > have > > put an> > > end to the too-high temperatures and mugginess.> > > > > > Jo> > > > > > > > > > To send an email to -> > >

Guest guest

china always has severe flooding...

and now they are having severe droughts as well...

i forgot which one, but one of their major rivers..the yellow? heck..i can't

remember..anyways..one of their major rivers has run dry a couple times the last

few years...

thats just insane...

be like the Rhine not reachin the sea...sorry...no water....

and that three gorges dam...wot a waste...it has less then a 50 yr lifespan.....

fraggle

Jo Cwazy <heartwork

Jun 25, 2005 4:44 AM

Re: Re: Storms

I see China has now had severe flooding.

Jo

> We had a really mild winter here in southern Idaho and so far it's been a

> fairly mild summer. I remember that last year at this time I had been

> running my air conditioning for at least a month. I've only had to run it

> once so far this year.

>

> Love,

> Anna

To send an email to -

>

Guest guest

Thank goodness it was just one week :-)

Jo

Our little island has one week of decent weather, then has to have storms to compensate. What a wimp.

Take it back!:) , "Lynda" wrote:> Ah ha! That's where our weather went to! The north valley usually has> temps in the 90s in June, as do we over here in our little valley. This> year all we had was rain and temps in the 50s and sometimes 60s.> > Lynda> -> nikki_mackovitch > > Friday, June 24, 2005 11:12 AM> Re: Storms> > > > Please send it our way! It's over 100 in Chicago. We've broken so many> > records this year it isn't even funny. This month we had more over 90> > days than all of last year. And today is the hottest day it has been> > in about a century here in Chicago.> >> > Help!> >> > Nikki - who's car has no a/c> >> >> > , "Jo Cwazy" wrote:> > > Aaahhhh! We've just had a lovely storm, which hopefully will have> > put an> > > end to the too-high temperatures and mugginess.> > >> > > Jo> >> >> >> >> > To send an email to - > >

Guest guest

~~~today we are socked in with a thick marine layer....

Hi Fraggle - is that fog or salty rain?

BBJo

Guest guest

Wimp, huh? Well, I double dog dare you to sail a boat or ship through the entrance to our bay <<eg>>

Lynda

-

peter hurd

Saturday, June 25, 2005 7:45 AM

Take it back!:) , "Lynda" wrote:> Ah ha! That's where our weather went to! The north valley usually has> temps in the 90s in June, as do we over here in our little valley. This> year all we had was rain and temps in the 50s and sometimes 60s.> > Lynda> -> nikki_mackovitch > > Friday, June 24, 2005 11:12 AM> Re: Storms> > > > Please send it our way! It's over 100 in Chicago. We've broken so many> > records this year it isn't even funny. This month we had more over 90> > days than all of last year. And today is the hottest day it has been> > in about a century here in Chicago.> >> > Help!> >> > Nikki - who's car has no a/c> >> >> > , "Jo Cwazy" wrote:> > > Aaahhhh! We've just had a lovely storm, which hopefully will have> > put an> > > end to the too-high temperatures and mugginess.> > >> > > Jo> >> >> >> >> > To send an email to - > >

Guest guest

Thx, that does sound like a great invention. I use a few different

types of items for collecting rainwater, but none that attach to the

downpipe.

Unfortunately tho, no rain for quite awhile. Our hopes were up last

night when a major thunderstorm was nearby, but alas it missed us.

Luckily the no water ban is lifted today, and we are back to the

smaller watering ban.

Nikki :)

, peter hurd <swpgh01@t...> wrote:

> Get a water butt ( may loose something in translation so here

goes :

> A large cask.

> A unit of volume equal to two hogsheads, usually the equivalent of

126 U.S. gallons (about 477 liters). ),

> they are easy to attach to any external downpipe and soon fill up

( in this country anyway!). That way you will have plenty of

rainwater for the garden ( much better than the tap stuff )

>

> The Valley Vegan........

>

> nikki_mackovitch <nikkimack@m...> wrote:

> That's a good idea if it starts getting bad, thx! Except will have

> to be careful to make sure I only get my water and not after DH

> washes his hands from preparing his food.

>

> Nikki :)

>

>

> , fraggle wrote:

> > disconnect the kitchen sink drain pipe and put a bucket

underneath

> > then just use the grey water when you need to water the

garden....

> >

> >

> > nikki_mackovitch

> > Jun 24, 2005 5:31 PM

> >

> > Re: Storms

> >

> > I believe it, we are already at a watering ban. No watering

> outside

> > what-so-ever!

> >

> > It was between 7a-11a and 7p-11p odds and evens, but now,

nothing!

> >

> > Going to have to water the garden in secrecy at night! And only

> just

> > enough.

> >

> > Nikki :)

> >

> > , fraggle wrote:

> > > i hear toronto is havin all sorts of problems...

> > > we have an office there, and they are basically all losing

their

> > minds over the heat...

> > >

> > >

> > > nikki_mackovitch

> > > Jun 24, 2005 2:12 PM

> > >

> > > Re: Storms

> > >

> > > Please send it our way! It's over 100 in Chicago. We've broken

> so

> > many

> > > records this year it isn't even funny. This month we had more

> over

> > 90

> > > days than all of last year. And today is the hottest day it

has

> > been

> > > in about a century here in Chicago.

> > >

> > > Help!

> > >

> > > Nikki - who's car has no a/c

> > >

> > >

> > > , " Jo Cwazy "

> > wrote:

> > > > Aaahhhh! We've just had a lovely storm, which hopefully will

> > have

> > > put an

> > > > end to the too-high temperatures and mugginess.

> > > >

> > > > Jo

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > To send an email to -

> >

> > >

Guest guest

Your suppose to talk to them all!

Except for the pumpkins! DO NOT talk to the pumpkins. Tried a little

pumpkin plant this year, turned into Little Shop of Horrors! I think

it ate the neighbors cat and a few birds. BAD pumpkin plant!

The asparagus and pumpkins (new this year) are thriving. My two little

raspberry bushes (also new this year) withered and died. But I think

the dog is the culprit there. He says the pumpkin plant told him to do

it!

, fraggle <EBbrewpunx@e...> wrote:

> if i talk to the tomatoes, then the peppers get jealous...

marine layer....coastal overcast

Guest guest

a few years back, i tossed a little organic sugar pie pumpkin out in the garden

to rot

the following year, got a couple of volunteers, and they produced ENORMOUS

hyperthyroid type pumpkins..took ovewr most of my backyard

last year, the same volunteers produced tiny tiny pumpkins

have one volunteer so far this year..gonna have to see wot it does

:)

nikki_mackovitch <nikkimack

Jun 27, 2005 4:27 AM

Re: Storms

Your suppose to talk to them all!

Except for the pumpkins! DO NOT talk to the pumpkins. Tried a little

pumpkin plant this year, turned into Little Shop of Horrors! I think

it ate the neighbors cat and a few birds. BAD pumpkin plant!

The asparagus and pumpkins (new this year) are thriving. My two little

raspberry bushes (also new this year) withered and died. But I think

the dog is the culprit there. He says the pumpkin plant told him to do

it!

, fraggle <EBbrewpunx@e...> wrote:

> if i talk to the tomatoes, then the peppers get jealous...

marine layer....coastal overcast

To send an email to -

Guest guest

Silly, of course you had pumpkin problems. Didn't you know they ARE

omnivores and LOVE milk?

Lynda, who isn't joking and knows the largest ones are frequently grown with

sliced stems laid in a pan of milk!

-

nikki_mackovitch <nikkimack

Monday, June 27, 2005 4:27 AM

Re: Storms

> Your suppose to talk to them all!

>

> Except for the pumpkins! DO NOT talk to the pumpkins. Tried a little

> pumpkin plant this year, turned into Little Shop of Horrors! I think

> it ate the neighbors cat and a few birds. BAD pumpkin plant!

>

> The asparagus and pumpkins (new this year) are thriving. My two little

> raspberry bushes (also new this year) withered and died. But I think

> the dog is the culprit there. He says the pumpkin plant told him to do

> it!

>

>

> , fraggle <EBbrewpunx@e...> wrote:

> > if i talk to the tomatoes, then the peppers get jealous...

>

>

> marine layer....coastal overcast

>

>

>

>

>

> To send an email to -

>

Guest guest

We're a little like that - it rains half a mile away and misses us. At

least you can water a little now.

BB

Jo

> Thx, that does sound like a great invention. I use a few different

> types of items for collecting rainwater, but none that attach to the

> downpipe.

>

> Unfortunately tho, no rain for quite awhile. Our hopes were up last

> night when a major thunderstorm was nearby, but alas it missed us.

>

> Luckily the no water ban is lifted today, and we are back to the

> smaller watering ban.

>

>

>

> , peter hurd <swpgh01@t...> wrote:

> > Get a water butt ( may loose something in translation so here

> goes :

> > A large cask.

> > A unit of volume equal to two hogsheads, usually the equivalent of

> 126 U.S. gallons (about 477 liters). ),

> > they are easy to attach to any external downpipe and soon fill up

> ( in this country anyway!). That way you will have plenty of

> rainwater for the garden ( much better than the tap stuff )

> >

> > The Valley Vegan........

> >

> > nikki_mackovitch <nikkimack@m...> wrote:

> > That's a good idea if it starts getting bad, thx! Except will have

> > to be careful to make sure I only get my water and not after DH

> > washes his hands from preparing his food.

> >

> >

> >

> > , fraggle wrote:

> > > disconnect the kitchen sink drain pipe and put a bucket

> underneath

> > > then just use the grey water when you need to water the

> garden....

> > >

> > >

> > > nikki_mackovitch

> > > Jun 24, 2005 5:31 PM

> > >

> > > Re: Storms

> > >

> > > I believe it, we are already at a watering ban. No watering

> > outside

> > > what-so-ever!

> > >

> > > It was between 7a-11a and 7p-11p odds and evens, but now,

> nothing!

> > >

> > > Going to have to water the garden in secrecy at night! And only

> > just

> > > enough.

> > >

> > > Nikki :)

> > >

> > > , fraggle wrote:

> > > > i hear toronto is havin all sorts of problems...

> > > > we have an office there, and they are basically all losing

> their

> > > minds over the heat...

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > nikki_mackovitch

> > > > Jun 24, 2005 2:12 PM

> > > >

> > > > Re: Storms

> > > >

> > > > Please send it our way! It's over 100 in Chicago. We've broken

> > so

> > > many

> > > > records this year it isn't even funny. This month we had more

> > over

> > > 90

> > > > days than all of last year. And today is the hottest day it

> has

> > > been

> > > > in about a century here in Chicago.

> > > >

> > > > Help!

> > > >

> > > > Nikki - who's car has no a/c

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > , " Jo Cwazy "

> > > wrote:

> > > > > Aaahhhh! We've just had a lovely storm, which hopefully will

> > > have

> > > > put an

> > > > > end to the too-high temperatures and mugginess.

> > > > >

> > > > > Jo

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > To send an email to -

> > >

> > > >

Guest guest

Hi Nikki

> Except for the pumpkins! DO NOT talk to the pumpkins.

I dunno, vegetable racism... whatever next :-)

BB

Peter

Guest guest

Southern Idaho is kind of a pit. Northern Idaho is lovely but has much

colder winters.

Love,

Anna

> [Original Message]

> Lynda <lurine

>

> 6/26/2005 1:40:12 PM

> Re: Re: Storms

>

> I need to find out where DIL has her property. Her brother and father

own a

> ranch and additional acreage in Idaho and her dad just gave her 10 acres.

>

> Lynda

> -

> Anna Blaine <anna333

>

> Friday, June 24, 2005 10:35 PM

>

>

> > We had a really mild winter here in southern Idaho and so far it's been

a

> > fairly mild summer. I remember that last year at this time I had been

> > running my air conditioning for at least a month. I've only had to run

it

> > once so far this year.

> >

> > Love,

> > Anna

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > To send an email to -

> >

Guest guest

I'm informed that it is Shoshone which they tell me is 45 minutes from

Boise. Of course, eldest son and his wife aren't complaining. Her dad gave

them, free and clear, 10 acres of land that has either a year round creek or

a small river as one boundary. The father has the 100 + acres that it is

cut out of of and her brother has 250 or so acres that are on the other side

of this creek/small river.

Lynda

-

Anna Blaine <anna333

Monday, June 27, 2005 12:17 PM

> Southern Idaho is kind of a pit. Northern Idaho is lovely but has much

> colder winters.

>

> Love,

> Anna

>

>

> > [Original Message]

> > Lynda <lurine

> >

> > 6/26/2005 1:40:12 PM

> > Re: Re: Storms

> >

> > I need to find out where DIL has her property. Her brother and father

> own a

> > ranch and additional acreage in Idaho and her dad just gave her 10

acres.

> >

> > Lynda

> > -

> > Anna Blaine <anna333

> >

> > Friday, June 24, 2005 10:35 PM

> >

> >

> > > We had a really mild winter here in southern Idaho and so far it's

been

> a

> > > fairly mild summer. I remember that last year at this time I had been

> > > running my air conditioning for at least a month. I've only had to

run

> it

> > > once so far this year.

> > >

> > > Love,

> > > Anna

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > To send an email to -

> > >

Guest guest

I'm not sure where Shoshone is, but I know I've heard of it. I don't get

out much and when I do I head north. I really don't like it here very

much. I've just decided to move to New Haven, CT. Or somewhere close by.

Love,

Anna

> [Original Message]

> Lynda <lurine

>

> 6/27/2005 4:24:19 PM

>

> I'm informed that it is Shoshone which they tell me is 45 minutes from

> Boise. Of course, eldest son and his wife aren't complaining. Her dad

gave

> them, free and clear, 10 acres of land that has either a year round creek

or

> a small river as one boundary. The father has the 100 + acres that it is

> cut out of of and her brother has 250 or so acres that are on the other

side

> of this creek/small river.

>

> Lynda

> -

> Anna Blaine <anna333

>

> Monday, June 27, 2005 12:17 PM

>

>

> > Southern Idaho is kind of a pit. Northern Idaho is lovely but has much

> > colder winters.

> >

> > Love,

> > Anna

> >

> >

> > > [Original Message]

> > > Lynda <lurine

> > >

> > > 6/26/2005 1:40:12 PM

> > > Re: Re: Storms

> > >

> > > I need to find out where DIL has her property. Her brother and father

> > own a

> > > ranch and additional acreage in Idaho and her dad just gave her 10

> acres.

> > >

> > > Lynda

> > > -

> > > Anna Blaine <anna333

> > >

> > > Friday, June 24, 2005 10:35 PM

> > > Re: Re: Storms

> > >

> > >

> > > > We had a really mild winter here in southern Idaho and so far it's

> been

> > a

> > > > fairly mild summer. I remember that last year at this time I had

been

> > > > running my air conditioning for at least a month. I've only had to

> run

> > it

> > > > once so far this year.

> > > >

> > > > Love,

> > > > Anna

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > To send an email to

-

> > > >

Guest guest

We're looking at Canada. Either BC or Nova Scotia. I've had it with the

politicians in this country and with the new mandatory mental health

screening plus the eminent domain changes, well, just call it Amerika!

Lynda

-

Anna Blaine <anna333

Monday, June 27, 2005 4:52 PM

> I'm not sure where Shoshone is, but I know I've heard of it. I don't get

> out much and when I do I head north. I really don't like it here very

> much. I've just decided to move to New Haven, CT. Or somewhere close by.

>

> Love,

> Anna

>

>

> > [Original Message]

> > Lynda <lurine

> >

> > 6/27/2005 4:24:19 PM

> >

> > I'm informed that it is Shoshone which they tell me is 45 minutes from

> > Boise. Of course, eldest son and his wife aren't complaining. Her dad

> gave

> > them, free and clear, 10 acres of land that has either a year round

creek

> or

> > a small river as one boundary. The father has the 100 + acres that it

is

> > cut out of of and her brother has 250 or so acres that are on the other

> side

> > of this creek/small river.

> >

> > Lynda

> > -

> > Anna Blaine <anna333

> >

> > Monday, June 27, 2005 12:17 PM

> >

> >

> > > Southern Idaho is kind of a pit. Northern Idaho is lovely but has

much

> > > colder winters.

> > >

> > > Love,

> > > Anna

> > >

> > >

> > > > [Original Message]

> > > > Lynda <lurine

> > > >

> > > > 6/26/2005 1:40:12 PM

> > > > Re: Re: Storms

> > > >

> > > > I need to find out where DIL has her property. Her brother and

father

> > > own a

> > > > ranch and additional acreage in Idaho and her dad just gave her 10

> > acres.

> > > >

> > > > Lynda

> > > > -

> > > > Anna Blaine <anna333

> > > >

> > > > Friday, June 24, 2005 10:35 PM

> > > > Re: Re: Storms

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > > We had a really mild winter here in southern Idaho and so far it's

> > been

> > > a

> > > > > fairly mild summer. I remember that last year at this time I had

> been

> > > > > running my air conditioning for at least a month. I've only had

to

> > run

> > > it

> > > > > once so far this year.

> > > > >

> > > > > Love,

> > > > > Anna

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > To send an email to

> -

> > > > >

Guest guest

may the vegan spirits have mercy on yer soul

:)

Anna Blaine <anna333

Jun 27, 2005 4:52 PM

I'm not sure where Shoshone is, but I know I've heard of it. I don't get

out much and when I do I head north. I really don't like it here very

much. I've just decided to move to New Haven, CT. Or somewhere close by.

Love,

Anna

" God was my co-pilot, but we crashed in the Andes and I had to eat him. "

Guest guest

Oh nice try Lynda, act as if you didn't sneak into my backyard and

drop off your 90 degree sun!

Well, if I send it back, the muggies are going right with it!

Unfortunately though, I cannot convice them to leave!

, " Lynda " <lurine@s...> wrote:

> Hey, you took it, GIVE IT BACK <<bg>> And DO NOT send your

muggies. We

> don't want any of that nasty ol' walk out the door and need

another shower

> stuff!

>

> Lynda

> -

> nikki_mackovitch <nikkimack@m...>

>

> Friday, June 24, 2005 4:48 PM

> Re: Storms

>

>

> > Take it back!

> >

> > :)

Guest guest

Hi Jo

Very true! In fact I heard " everyone " sigh with relief once they got

their first splash yesterday! I may have even heard a few cheers...

BB

Nikki

, " Jo Cwazy " <heartwork@c...> wrote:

> We're a little like that - it rains half a mile away and misses

us. At

> least you can water a little now.

>

> BB

> Jo

>

>

>

> > Thx, that does sound like a great invention. I use a few

different

> > types of items for collecting rainwater, but none that attach to

the

> > downpipe.

> >

> > Unfortunately tho, no rain for quite awhile. Our hopes were up

last

> > night when a major thunderstorm was nearby, but alas it missed

us.

> >

> > Luckily the no water ban is lifted today, and we are back to the

> > smaller watering ban.

> >

> >

> >

> > , peter hurd <swpgh01@t...>

wrote:

> > > Get a water butt ( may loose something in translation so here

> > goes :

> > > A large cask.

> > > A unit of volume equal to two hogsheads, usually the

equivalent of

> > 126 U.S. gallons (about 477 liters). ),

> > > they are easy to attach to any external downpipe and soon

fill up

> > ( in this country anyway!). That way you will have plenty of

> > rainwater for the garden ( much better than the tap stuff )

> > >

> > > The Valley Vegan........

> > >

> > > nikki_mackovitch <nikkimack@m...> wrote:

> > > That's a good idea if it starts getting bad, thx! Except will

have

> > > to be careful to make sure I only get my water and not after DH

> > > washes his hands from preparing his food.

> > >

> > > Nikki :)

> > >

> > >

> > > , fraggle wrote:

> > > > disconnect the kitchen sink drain pipe and put a bucket

> > underneath

> > > > then just use the grey water when you need to water the

> > garden....

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > nikki_mackovitch

> > > > Jun 24, 2005 5:31 PM

> > > >

> > > > Re: Storms

> > > >

> > > > I believe it, we are already at a watering ban. No watering

> > > outside

> > > > what-so-ever!

> > > >

> > > > It was between 7a-11a and 7p-11p odds and evens, but now,

> > nothing!

> > > >

> > > > Going to have to water the garden in secrecy at night! And

only

> > > just

> > > > enough.

> > > >

> > > > Nikki :)

> > > >

> > > > , fraggle wrote:

> > > > > i hear toronto is havin all sorts of problems...

> > > > > we have an office there, and they are basically all losing

> > their

> > > > minds over the heat...

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > nikki_mackovitch

> > > > > Jun 24, 2005 2:12 PM

> > > > >

> > > > > Re: Storms

> > > > >

> > > > > Please send it our way! It's over 100 in Chicago. We've

broken

> > > so

> > > > many

> > > > > records this year it isn't even funny. This month we had

more

> > > over

> > > > 90

> > > > > days than all of last year. And today is the hottest day it

> > has

> > > > been

> > > > > in about a century here in Chicago.

> > > > >

> > > > > Help!

> > > > >

> > > > > Nikki - who's car has no a/c

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > , " Jo Cwazy "

> > > > wrote:

> > > > > > Aaahhhh! We've just had a lovely storm, which hopefully

will

> > > > have

> > > > > put an

> > > > > > end to the too-high temperatures and mugginess.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Jo

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > To send an email to -

> > > >

> > > > >

Guest guest

Hi Peter

herbism, flowerism, fruitism...

BB

, " Peter " <metalscarab@c...> wrote:

> Hi Nikki

>

> > Except for the pumpkins! DO NOT talk to the pumpkins.

>

> I dunno, vegetable racism... whatever next :-)

>

> BB

> Peter

Guest guest

Actually I have heard that. Well, NO MILK for mine. He is gigantic

on his own. And the flowers on this thing is scary.

Besides, even if I believed in giving him milk he would probably

just use it to lure some unsuspecting kitty to his lair!

, " Lynda " <lurine@s...> wrote:

> Silly, of course you had pumpkin problems. Didn't you know they

ARE

> omnivores and LOVE milk?

>

> Lynda, who isn't joking and knows the largest ones are frequently

grown with

> sliced stems laid in a pan of milk!

> -

> nikki_mackovitch <nikkimack@m...>

>

> Monday, June 27, 2005 4:27 AM

> Re: Storms

>

>

> > Your suppose to talk to them all!

> >

> > Except for the pumpkins! DO NOT talk to the pumpkins. Tried a

little

> > pumpkin plant this year, turned into Little Shop of Horrors! I

think

> > it ate the neighbors cat and a few birds. BAD pumpkin plant!

> >

> > The asparagus and pumpkins (new this year) are thriving. My two

little

> > raspberry bushes (also new this year) withered and died. But I

think

> > the dog is the culprit there. He says the pumpkin plant told him

to do

> > it!

> >

> >

> > , fraggle <EBbrewpunx@e...>

wrote:

> > > if i talk to the tomatoes, then the peppers get jealous...

> >

> >

> > marine layer....coastal overcast

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > To send an email to -

> >