IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Introduction

Rate this topic

Guest guest

valley center....why not just say escondido? oh wait, escondido....ewwww......blake On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 11:48 AM, fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

along the same vein....i was found under a hop vine in Torrance....spent a lot of summers in Brea (and for Blake, Valley Center...)

lived in Huntington Beach from '86 to '89..and went to Goldent West College for a bit...

:)

fraggle

CKG Jan 13, 2009 5:35 AM

RE: Introduction

HI-

I grew up, went to elementary school, junior high school, high school, and college in Corona del Mar, California, which was just a little village in Newport Beach at the time (I'm 57 years old on January 28). The city of Irvine had not even been incorporated yet. Welcome to our house. J

Cyn

On Behalf Of homesofbears

Monday, January 12, 2009 3:42 PM Subject: Introduction

Hello everyone!I have been a vegan for 8 years now, 9 yrs on March 20th! :)I am 21 years old and reside in Orange County California. I think OChas some pretty awesome vegan restaurants, if not, then some of the best.

I look forward to veg conversation with you all!

" Will we ever get to the point that we realize that we will be more secure when the rest of the world isn't living in poverty just so we can have nice running shoes? "

Guest guest

because when i spent time in VC, it was only in VC, Escondido was "going to town". Tho, once i hit my mid teens, and got left in VC, it was easy to sneak away to San Diego...

Blake Wilson Jan 13, 2009 1:28 PM Re: Introduction

valley center....why not just say escondido? oh wait, escondido....ewwww......blake

On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 11:48 AM, fraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) net> wrote:

along the same vein....i was found under a hop vine in Torrance....spent a lot of summers in Brea (and for Blake, Valley Center...)

lived in Huntington Beach from '86 to '89..and went to Goldent West College for a bit...

fraggle

CKG Jan 13, 2009 5:35 AM RE: Introduction

HI-

I grew up, went to elementary school, junior high school, high school, and college in Corona del Mar, California, which was just a little village in Newport Beach at the time (I'm 57 years old on January 28). The city of Irvine had not even been incorporated yet. Welcome to our house. J

Cyn

On Behalf Of homesofbearsMonday, January 12, 2009 3:42 PM Subject: Introduction

Hello everyone!I have been a vegan for 8 years now, 9 yrs on March 20th! :)I am 21 years old and reside in Orange County California. I think OChas some pretty awesome vegan restaurants, if not, then some of the best. I look forward to veg conversation with you all!

"Will we ever get to the point that we realize that we will be more secure when the rest of the world isn't living in poverty just so we can have nice running shoes?"

"Will we ever get to the point that we realize that we will be more secure when the rest of the world isn't living in poverty just so we can have nice running shoes?"

Guest guest

tell me again when you lived there dude. b. On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 4:55 PM, fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

because when i spent time in VC, it was only in VC, Escondido was " going to town " . Tho, once i hit my mid teens, and got left in VC, it was easy to sneak away to San Diego...

Blake Wilson Jan 13, 2009 1:28 PM

Re: Introduction

valley center....why not just say escondido? oh wait, escondido....ewwww......blake

On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 11:48 AM, fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

fraggle

HI-

Cyn

Hello everyone!I have been a vegan for 8 years now, 9 yrs on March 20th! :)I am 21 years old and reside in Orange County California. I think OChas some pretty awesome vegan restaurants, if not, then some of the best.

" Will we ever get to the point that we realize that we will be more secure when the rest of the world isn't living in poverty just so we can have nice running shoes? "

Guest guest

I didn't live in Valley Center. i just spent 99% of my summers from 1974 to 1985 in SoCal, and a lot of that time was in Valley Center. (step mother's parents)

I lived in HB in 86 to 89....

Blake Wilson Jan 13, 2009 9:56 PM Re: Introduction

tell me again when you lived there dude. b.

On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 4:55 PM, fraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) net> wrote:

because when i spent time in VC, it was only in VC, Escondido was "going to town". Tho, once i hit my mid teens, and got left in VC, it was easy to sneak away to San Diego...

On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 11:48 AM, fraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) net> wrote:

fraggle

HI-

Cyn

Hello everyone!I have been a vegan for 8 years now, 9 yrs on March 20th! :)I am 21 years old and reside in Orange County California. I think OChas some pretty awesome vegan restaurants, if not, then some of the best. I look forward to veg conversation with you all!

Guest guest

so were you into the punk scene in SD during those years....i mean, at least the early 80s? i know we've had this convo before so forgive me....b. On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 11:09 PM, fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

I didn't live in Valley Center. i just spent 99% of my summers from 1974 to 1985 in SoCal, and a lot of that time was in Valley Center. (step mother's parents)

Blake Wilson Jan 13, 2009 9:56 PM

On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 4:55 PM, fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

because when i spent time in VC, it was only in VC, Escondido was " going to town " . Tho, once i hit my mid teens, and got left in VC, it was easy to sneak away to San Diego...

fraggle

HI-

Cyn

Guest guest

yeah. i saw a few shows down there. tho saw most of my shows in LA and OC.

i saw Battalion of Saints a few times. Saw the Misfits at the Lions Club, etc and so forth

i also moved to San Diego County in '98...for 8 months of hell..before i came screaming back to the bay area!...went to few shows in SD then as well

Blake Wilson Jan 13, 2009 10:12 PM Re: Introduction

so were you into the punk scene in SD during those years....i mean, at least the early 80s? i know we've had this convo before so forgive me....b.

On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 11:09 PM, fraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) net> wrote:

Blake Wilson

Jan 13, 2009 9:56 PM Re: Introduction

On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 4:55 PM, fraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) net> wrote:

fraggle

HI-

Cyn

Guest guest

there we go! i remember the convo now. do you reckon you were at the april or october '82 show? or both? i was at october. b. On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 11:15 PM, fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

i saw Battalion of Saints a few times. Saw the Misfits at the Lions Club, etc and so forth

i also moved to San Diego County in '98...for 8 months of hell..before i came screaming back to the bay area!...went to few shows in SD then as well

Blake Wilson Jan 13, 2009 10:12 PM

so were you into the punk scene in SD during those years....i mean, at least the early 80s? i know we've had this convo before so forgive me....b.

On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 11:09 PM, fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

Blake Wilson

On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 4:55 PM, fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

fraggle

HI-

Cyn

Guest guest

ummm

*thinks*

crap..everything seems to blur together...but...i would have to say april..yeah..april...we went to SoCal when i was on spring break a few times, so it had to have been then. Misfits, with Battalion of Saints..and heck if i can remember who else..

lets see, back then, like i said, not a lot of SD shows, but a few. Fairmont Hall was it called?..adams ave hall..or something like that...oh, and at some record store...but likei said..

a. i was an LA/OC kid mostly...

b. everything tends to blur together now..hahahhahaha

then in '98..ummm some club that began with a C...Casbah? and some all ages club, but can't recall the name, some boxy warehouse type place

meh...wotever

cheers

fraggle

Blake Wilson Jan 13, 2009 10:35 PM Re: Introduction

there we go! i remember the convo now. do you reckon you were at the april or october '82 show? or both? i was at october. b.

On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 11:15 PM, fraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) net> wrote:

Blake Wilson

Jan 13, 2009 10:12 PM Re: Introduction

On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 11:09 PM, fraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) net> wrote:

Blake Wilson

fraggle

HI-

Cyn

Guest guest

Hello Mr Rodney,

Welcome from the Saskatchewan parkland! I'm a vegetarian " wanna-be "

and always on the lookout for satisfying vegetarian dishes.

Kate

http://stubblejumperscafe.pnn.com/6853-the-front-page

On 27-Jan-09, at 9:44 AM, Rodney wrote:

Hello group! I come in peace and with an interest in learning more

about eating more good spicy vegetarian food as well as networking

with other people who share my interests. Thank you in advance for

sharing your wonderful recipes and hospitality.

Rodney

Guest guest

greetings and welcome missie!

cheers

fraggle

>NATASHA HARHOLD <greyhounddog

>Feb 5, 2009 7:57 AM

>

> Introduction

>

>Hello all,

>

>I am new to this group. My name is Natasha, but everyone calls me

>Missie (long, boring story). I'm 37 and live in the Detroit, Michigan

>area with my husband and 2 dogs - Gracie and Jeanie. After many years

>of considering a vegetarian diet, I finally made the change back in

>mid-December. I had read a book and one chapter discussed, in great

>detail, the factory farms and what happens. I knew all of those

>things, but for whatever reason, this time it really hit me. I had

>always been afraid to stop eating meat. I thought I'd miss it too

>much, but I really don't. I'm discovering that I like vegetables and

>foods that I never would have even considered a few months ago. And I

>feel so much better! My husband also made the switch and he isn't

>missing meat, either. My next step is to go vegan. More challenging,

>but better for me and the planet. I'm trying to find the brands of

>vegan cheeses and non-dairy milks that I like best.

>

>I also decided, after reading more on vegetarian and vegan websites,

>to cut out beauty products that have chemicals in them (it never

>occurred to me that those things were being absorbed through my skin!)

>and the toxic household cleaning products I've been using. I'm making

>my own cleaning products and buying scary-chemical free, vegan beauty

>products. If anyone has any great tips, I'd love to hear them - I'll

>also be perusing the archives for this group, as I'm sure there is

>tons of interesting stuff there.

>

>I don't work outside of the home, but I do a lot of volunteer work for

>greyhound rescue. I have since we adopted our first back in 1996. We

>don't have any human children, but we have our girls, Gracie and

>Jeanie <vbg>. They're momma's girls.

>

>I'm happy to be here and I'm looking forward to hearing from other

>like-minded people. A lot of my friends and family think we're a

>little nutty to not eat meat. I'm tired of explaining how I'm going

>to get enough protein, iron and calcium. And I'm tired of explaining

>that no, I don't eat chicken or fish, either, because that is meat.

>Those people are going to lose their minds when I choose to go vegan.

>Again, it's great to be here, and I look forward to getting to " know "

>you!

>

>

>Missie Harhold

>and Gracie the Ibizan Hound

>and Jeanie the Greyhound

>greyhounddog

>

>“Because nothing worthwhile in this country has ever happened unless

>somebody, somewhere stood up when it was hard; stood up when they were

>told – no you can’t, and said yes we can.†Barack Obama

>

>

>

>---

>

>To send an email to -!

Groups Links

>

>

>

So, men are scattered and smeared over the desert grass,

And the generals have accomplished nothing.

-Nefarious War

Li Po (Circa 750)

Guest guest

Hi Natasha

Welcome to VEgan Chat.

I'll let the Americans here answer your product details. I am also

interested in toiletries, cosmetics and cleaning products that are not only

vegan, but also are healthy for us. In the past this has been difficult to

find, many vegan products still using lauryl sulphates, parabens etc. I

believe the situation is improving now, but do check the lists of

ingredients on vegan products, to make sure they are also healthy for us.

Jo

-

" NATASHA HARHOLD " <greyhounddog

Thursday, February 05, 2009 3:57 PM

Introduction

Hello all,

I am new to this group. My name is Natasha, but everyone calls me

Missie (long, boring story). I'm 37 and live in the Detroit, Michigan

area with my husband and 2 dogs - Gracie and Jeanie. After many years

of considering a vegetarian diet, I finally made the change back in

mid-December. I had read a book and one chapter discussed, in great

detail, the factory farms and what happens. I knew all of those

things, but for whatever reason, this time it really hit me. I had

always been afraid to stop eating meat. I thought I'd miss it too

much, but I really don't. I'm discovering that I like vegetables and

foods that I never would have even considered a few months ago. And I

feel so much better! My husband also made the switch and he isn't

missing meat, either. My next step is to go vegan. More challenging,

but better for me and the planet. I'm trying to find the brands of

vegan cheeses and non-dairy milks that I like best.

I also decided, after reading more on vegetarian and vegan websites,

to cut out beauty products that have chemicals in them (it never

occurred to me that those things were being absorbed through my skin!)

and the toxic household cleaning products I've been using. I'm making

my own cleaning products and buying scary-chemical free, vegan beauty

products. If anyone has any great tips, I'd love to hear them - I'll

also be perusing the archives for this group, as I'm sure there is

tons of interesting stuff there.

I don't work outside of the home, but I do a lot of volunteer work for

greyhound rescue. I have since we adopted our first back in 1996. We

don't have any human children, but we have our girls, Gracie and

Jeanie <vbg>. They're momma's girls.

I'm happy to be here and I'm looking forward to hearing from other

like-minded people. A lot of my friends and family think we're a

little nutty to not eat meat. I'm tired of explaining how I'm going

to get enough protein, iron and calcium. And I'm tired of explaining

that no, I don't eat chicken or fish, either, because that is meat.

Those people are going to lose their minds when I choose to go vegan.

Again, it's great to be here, and I look forward to getting to " know "

you!

Missie Harhold

and Gracie the Ibizan Hound

and Jeanie the Greyhound

greyhounddog

“Because nothing worthwhile in this country has ever happened unless

somebody, somewhere stood up when it was hard; stood up when they were

told – no you can’t, and said yes we can.” Barack Obama

---

To send an email to -!

Groups Links

Guest guest

Welcome Missie! Great to have you in the group.

If you have any questions about anything just feel free to ask. I've

been vegan for 1 1/2 yrs and my husband has transitioned to being

vegetarian since marrying me. :)

Debra

, fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

>

> greetings and welcome missie!

>

> cheers

> fraggle

>

>

> >NATASHA HARHOLD <greyhounddog

> >Feb 5, 2009 7:57 AM

> >

> > Introduction

> >

> >Hello all,

> >

> >I am new to this group. My name is Natasha, but everyone calls me

> >Missie (long, boring story). I'm 37 and live in the Detroit,

Michigan

> >area with my husband and 2 dogs - Gracie and Jeanie. After many

years

> >of considering a vegetarian diet, I finally made the change back in

> >mid-December. I had read a book and one chapter discussed, in great

> >detail, the factory farms and what happens. I knew all of those

> >things, but for whatever reason, this time it really hit me. I had

> >always been afraid to stop eating meat. I thought I'd miss it too

> >much, but I really don't. I'm discovering that I like vegetables and

> >foods that I never would have even considered a few months ago.

And I

> >feel so much better! My husband also made the switch and he isn't

> >missing meat, either. My next step is to go vegan. More

challenging,

> >but better for me and the planet. I'm trying to find the brands of

> >vegan cheeses and non-dairy milks that I like best.

> >

> >I also decided, after reading more on vegetarian and vegan websites,

> >to cut out beauty products that have chemicals in them (it never

> >occurred to me that those things were being absorbed through my

skin!)

> >and the toxic household cleaning products I've been using. I'm

making

> >my own cleaning products and buying scary-chemical free, vegan beauty

> >products. If anyone has any great tips, I'd love to hear them - I'll

> >also be perusing the archives for this group, as I'm sure there is

> >tons of interesting stuff there.

> >

> >I don't work outside of the home, but I do a lot of volunteer work

for

> >greyhound rescue. I have since we adopted our first back in 1996.

We

> >don't have any human children, but we have our girls, Gracie and

> >Jeanie <vbg>. They're momma's girls.

> >

> >I'm happy to be here and I'm looking forward to hearing from other

> >like-minded people. A lot of my friends and family think we're a

> >little nutty to not eat meat. I'm tired of explaining how I'm going

> >to get enough protein, iron and calcium. And I'm tired of explaining

> >that no, I don't eat chicken or fish, either, because that is meat.

> >Those people are going to lose their minds when I choose to go

vegan.

> >Again, it's great to be here, and I look forward to getting to " know "

> >you!

> >

> >

> >Missie Harhold

> >and Gracie the Ibizan Hound

> >and Jeanie the Greyhound

> >greyhounddog

> >

> >“Because nothing worthwhile in this country has ever happened

unless

> >somebody, somewhere stood up when it was hard; stood up when they

were

> >told †" no you can’t, and said yes we can.†Barack Obama

> >

> >

> >

> >---

> >

> >To send an email to -! Groups

Links

> >

> >

> >

>

>

>

> So, men are scattered and smeared over the desert grass,

> And the generals have accomplished nothing.

>

> -Nefarious War

> Li Po (Circa 750)

>

Guest guest

Hi Missie, and welcome, glad to have you aboard..........

Peter vv

NATASHA HARHOLD <greyhounddog Sent: Thursday, 5 February, 2009 3:57:27 PM IntroductionHello all,I am new to this group. My name is Natasha, but everyone calls me Missie (long, boring story). I'm 37 and live in the Detroit, Michigan area with my husband and 2 dogs - Gracie and Jeanie. After many years of considering a vegetarian diet, I finally made the change back in mid-December. I had read a book and one chapter discussed, in great detail, the factory farms and what happens. I knew all of those things, but for whatever reason, this time it really hit me. I had

always been afraid to stop eating meat. I thought I'd miss it too much, but I really don't. I'm discovering that I like vegetables and foods that I never would have even considered a few months ago. And I feel so much better! My husband also made the switch and he isn't missing meat, either. My next step is to go vegan. More challenging, but better for me and the planet. I'm trying to find the brands of vegan cheeses and non-dairy milks that I like best.I also decided, after reading more on vegetarian and vegan websites, to cut out beauty products that have chemicals in them (it never occurred to me that those things were being absorbed through my skin!) and the toxic household cleaning products I've been using. I'm making my own cleaning products and buying scary-chemical free, vegan

beauty products. If anyone has any great tips, I'd love to hear them - I'll also be perusing the archives for this group, as I'm sure there is tons of interesting stuff there.I don't work outside of the home, but I do a lot of volunteer work for greyhound rescue. I have since we adopted our first back in 1996. We don't have any human children, but we have our girls, Gracie and Jeanie <vbg>. They're momma's girls.I'm happy to be here and I'm looking forward to hearing from other like-minded people. A lot of my friends and family think we're a little nutty to not eat meat. I'm tired of explaining how I'm going to get enough protein, iron and calcium. And I'm tired of explaining that no, I don't eat chicken or fish, either, because that is meat. Those people are going to lose

their minds when I choose to go vegan. Again, it's great to be here, and I look forward to getting to "know" you!Missie Harholdand Gracie the Ibizan Houndand Jeanie the Greyhoundgreyhounddog“Because nothing worthwhile in this country has ever happened unless somebody, somewhere stood up when it was hard; stood up when they were told – no you can’t, and said yes we can.†Barack Obama---To send an email to -! Groups Links<*> /<*> Your email settings: Individual Email | Traditional<*> To change settings online go to: /join ( ID required)<*> To change settings via email: -digest -fullfeatured <*>

Guest guest

Missie

Hi1 I go through the same thing explaining to people about not eating meat. Just want to be left alone sometimes by others Jerrold

NATASHA HARHOLD <greyhounddog Sent: Thursday, February 5, 2009 10:57:27 AM IntroductionHello all,I am new to this group. My name is Natasha, but everyone calls me Missie (long, boring story). I'm 37 and live in the Detroit, Michigan area with my husband and 2 dogs - Gracie and Jeanie. After many years of considering a vegetarian diet, I finally made the change back in mid-December. I had read a book and one chapter discussed, in great detail, the factory farms and what happens. I knew all of those things, but for whatever reason, this time it really hit me. I had

always been afraid to stop eating meat. I thought I'd miss it too much, but I really don't. I'm discovering that I like vegetables and foods that I never would have even considered a few months ago. And I feel so much better! My husband also made the switch and he isn't missing meat, either. My next step is to go vegan. More challenging, but better for me and the planet. I'm trying to find the brands of vegan cheeses and non-dairy milks that I like best.I also decided, after reading more on vegetarian and vegan websites, to cut out beauty products that have chemicals in them (it never occurred to me that those things were being absorbed through my skin!) and the toxic household cleaning products I've been using. I'm making my own cleaning products and buying scary-chemical free, vegan

beauty products. If anyone has any great tips, I'd love to hear them - I'll also be perusing the archives for this group, as I'm sure there is tons of interesting stuff there.I don't work outside of the home, but I do a lot of volunteer work for greyhound rescue. I have since we adopted our first back in 1996. We don't have any human children, but we have our girls, Gracie and Jeanie <vbg>. They're momma's girls.I'm happy to be here and I'm looking forward to hearing from other like-minded people. A lot of my friends and family think we're a little nutty to not eat meat. I'm tired of explaining how I'm going to get enough protein, iron and calcium. And I'm tired of explaining that no, I don't eat chicken or fish, either, because that is meat. Those people are going to lose

their minds when I choose to go vegan. Again, it's great to be here, and I look forward to getting to "know" you!Missie Harholdand Gracie the Ibizan Houndand Jeanie the Greyhoundgreyhounddog“Because nothing worthwhile in this country has ever happened unless somebody, somewhere stood up when it was hard; stood up when they were told – no you can’t, and said yes we can.” Barack Obama---To send an email to -! Groups Links<*> /<*> Your email settings: Individual Email | Traditional<*> To change settings online go to: /join ( ID required)<*> To change settings via email: -digest -fullfeatured <*>

Guest guest

Hi Jerrold,

I usually don't bring up my choice not to eat meat unless forced. And

I don't really mind explaining so much, it's the looks that some

people give me. Like I'm from another planet or something. Oh well!

They can think whatever they want. I'm healthier and happier because

of my choices.

Missie Harhold

and Gracie the Ibizan Hound

and Jeanie the Greyhound

greyhounddog

“Because nothing worthwhile in this country has ever happened unless

somebody, somewhere stood up when it was hard; stood up when they were

told – no you can’t, and said yes we can.” Barack Obama

Guest guest

Welcome Susan! I'm from Michigan too–Romeo to be exact. Where about

are you?

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

((¸¸.·´ .·´ -:¦:- Terri

-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´

Genesis 2:15 The Lord God then took the man and settled him in the

garden of Eden, to cultivate and care for it.

On Mar 2, 2009, at 10:45 AM, cattycontessa wrote:

> Good Morning,

> My husband and I were vegetarians for many years but quit when it

> became too hard to eat out here in Michigan but recently I lost over

> 150 pounds and decided to go back to eating healthy again and both my

> husband and I are so glad we are now vegetarians again. We are making

> our own soy milk and tofu (because good tofu is so hard to find here).

> We are hoping that we can find some great and interesting new tofu

> dishes here because tofu has become one of our favorite proteins.

>

> Both of my daughters have been vegetarians since they were teens, one

> since she was 12 and she is now 33 and a vegan and the other one since

> she was 16 and she is now 29.

> Thank you,

> Susan

>

>

Guest guest

Susan,

Congratulations on losing 150 pounds, that is awesome.  Do you mind me asking

how you did so?  I'm teaching a yoga for weight loss class and like to use

inspiring examples for my students.  You can email me off line

at pmluton.  Thanks.

Pam

To cure jealousy is to see it for what it is, a dissatisfaction with self.

Joan Didion

Namaste

cattycontessa <hideandsheep

Monday, March 2, 2009 10:45:09 AM

Introduction

Good Morning,

My husband and I were vegetarians for many years but quit when it

became too hard to eat out here in Michigan but recently I lost over

150 pounds and decided to go back to eating healthy again and both my

husband and I are so glad we are now vegetarians again. We are making

our own soy milk and tofu (because good tofu is so hard to find here).

We are hoping that we can find some great and interesting new tofu

dishes here because tofu has become one of our favorite proteins.

Both of my daughters have been vegetarians since they were teens, one

since she was 12 and she is now 33 and a vegan and the other one since

she was 16 and she is now 29.

Thank you,

Susan

Guest guest

Hi Terri,

We live in Mount Morris, which is by Flint.

Do you have problems eating out? We don't have any large cities by

us so it makes it difficult. We are limited to about 3 restaurants.

Susan

, Terri Partyka <tpartyka

wrote:

>

> Welcome Susan! I'm from Michigan too–Romeo to be exact. Where

about

> are you?

>

> ¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

> ((¸¸.·´ .·´ -:¦:- Terri

> -:¦:- ((¸¸.·´

>

> Genesis 2:15 The Lord God then took the man and settled him in

the

> garden of Eden, to cultivate and care for it.

>

> On Mar 2, 2009, at 10:45 AM, cattycontessa wrote:

>

> > Good Morning,

> > My husband and I were vegetarians for many years but quit when it

> > became too hard to eat out here in Michigan but recently I lost

over

> > 150 pounds and decided to go back to eating healthy again and

both my

> > husband and I are so glad we are now vegetarians again. We are

making

> > our own soy milk and tofu (because good tofu is so hard to find

here).

> > We are hoping that we can find some great and interesting new tofu

> > dishes here because tofu has become one of our favorite proteins.

> >

> > Both of my daughters have been vegetarians since they were teens,

one

> > since she was 12 and she is now 33 and a vegan and the other one

since

> > she was 16 and she is now 29.

> > Thank you,

> > Susan

> >

> >

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Hi Susan,

I don't really eat out much. I have three kids and a bil with Down

Syndrome to haul around with me :) and it just seems like more work

going out than staying in to eat. But if I do, I like to call

restaurants ahead of time, if I haven't eaten there before, and ask

them what vegetarian options they have. Whether they use meat stock

in soups, etc. They are usually more than happy to make something up,

if they don't have it on their menu.

I also check out menus online, so I can see whether or not it is even

possible that they have something I will eat.

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

((¸¸.·´ .·´ -:¦:- Terri

-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´

Genesis 2:15 The Lord God then took the man and settled him in the

garden of Eden, to cultivate and care for it.

On Mar 2, 2009, at 12:14 PM, cattycontessa wrote:

> Hi Terri,

> We live in Mount Morris, which is by Flint.

> Do you have problems eating out? We don't have any large cities by

> us so it makes it difficult. We are limited to about 3 restaurants.

> Susan

>

> , Terri Partyka <tpartyka

> wrote:

> >

> > Welcome Susan! I'm from Michigan too–Romeo to be exact. Where

> about

> > are you?

> >

> > ¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

> > ((¸¸.·´ .·´ -:¦:- Terri

> > -:¦:- ((¸¸.·´

> >

> > Genesis 2:15 The Lord God then took the man and settled him in

> the

> > garden of Eden, to cultivate and care for it.

> >

> > On Mar 2, 2009, at 10:45 AM, cattycontessa wrote:

> >

> > > Good Morning,

> > > My husband and I were vegetarians for many years but quit when it

> > > became too hard to eat out here in Michigan but recently I lost

> over

> > > 150 pounds and decided to go back to eating healthy again and

> both my

> > > husband and I are so glad we are now vegetarians again. We are

> making

> > > our own soy milk and tofu (because good tofu is so hard to find

> here).

> > > We are hoping that we can find some great and interesting new tofu

> > > dishes here because tofu has become one of our favorite proteins.

> > >

> > > Both of my daughters have been vegetarians since they were teens,

> one

> > > since she was 12 and she is now 33 and a vegan and the other one

> since

> > > she was 16 and she is now 29.

> > > Thank you,

> > > Susan

> > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

> >

Guest guest

Hi dear Susan,

I am male 60 retired teacher, live in Istanbul, My two daughters SABA (25),

single, SERRA (24), married, both are vegetarians too, but love fishes too much

so we have a dish of fish once a month.

Our country Turkey is rich with vegetables, I am happy that spring at door, so

there `ll alot of vegetables, also we have very wide kinds of herbals, which I

used in my every daylife.

here I am sending you this web address you may find good recipes

http://www.herballegacy.com/Recipes.html wish you all bright sunny and healthy

days.

Love & warm hugs

Muzaffer Esin

Istanbul-Turkey

hideandsheep

Mon, 2 Mar 2009 15:45:09 +0000

Introduction

Good Morning,

My husband and I were vegetarians for many years but quit when it

became too hard to eat out here in Michigan but recently I lost over

150 pounds and decided to go back to eating healthy again and both my

husband and I are so glad we are now vegetarians again. We are making

our own soy milk and tofu (because good tofu is so hard to find here).

We are hoping that we can find some great and interesting new tofu

dishes here because tofu has become one of our favorite proteins.

Both of my daughters have been vegetarians since they were teens, one

since she was 12 and she is now 33 and a vegan and the other one since

she was 16 and she is now 29.

Thank you,

Susan

Windows Live™: Life without walls.

http://windowslive.com/explore?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_allup_1a_explore_032009

Guest guest

Hi Muzaffer,

I'm very interested in any Turkish recipes you have to share -- I live in

Kansas, in the midwestern part of the U.S. I love middle eastern food, and

there is a deli owned by Turkish immigrants down the street from me. They

make great falafel! :)

Audrey S.

On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 3:35 AM, Muzaffer Esin <muzaferesinwrote:

>

>

>

> Hi dear Susan,

> I am male 60 retired teacher, live in Istanbul, My two daughters SABA (25),

> single, SERRA (24), married, both are vegetarians too, but love fishes too

> much so we have a dish of fish once a month.

>

> Our country Turkey is rich with vegetables, I am happy that spring at door,

> so there `ll alot of vegetables, also we have very wide kinds of herbals,

> which I used in my every daylife.

>

> here I am sending you this web address you may find good recipes

> http://www.herballegacy.com/Recipes.html wish you all bright sunny and

> healthy days.

>

> Love & warm hugs

>

> Muzaffer Esin

>

> Istanbul-Turkey

>

> hideandsheep

> Mon, 2 Mar 2009 15:45:09 +0000

> Introduction

>

>

>

>

>

> Good Morning,

> My husband and I were vegetarians for many years but quit when it

> became too hard to eat out here in Michigan but recently I lost over

> 150 pounds and decided to go back to eating healthy again and both my

> husband and I are so glad we are now vegetarians again. We are making

> our own soy milk and tofu (because good tofu is so hard to find here).

> We are hoping that we can find some great and interesting new tofu

> dishes here because tofu has become one of our favorite proteins.

>

> Both of my daughters have been vegetarians since they were teens, one

> since she was 12 and she is now 33 and a vegan and the other one since

> she was 16 and she is now 29.

> Thank you,

> Susan

>

>

>

> Windows Live™: Life without walls.

> http://windowslive.com/explore?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_allup_1a_explore_032009

>

>

Guest guest

Hello Muzaffer,

Thank you so much for your warm welcome and also for the wonderful website full

of great sounding recipes. I will be sure to try many of them. I know Spring

is just around the corner but it doesn't feel that way here with our single

digit temperatures at night. :)

Thank you again and warm regards,

Susan

> > Hi dear Susan,

> > I am male 60 retired teacher, live in Istanbul, My two daughters SABA (25),

> > single, SERRA (24), married, both are vegetarians too, but love fishes too

> > much so we have a dish of fish once a month.

> >

> > Our country Turkey is rich with vegetables, I am happy that spring at door,

> > so there `ll alot of vegetables, also we have very wide kinds of herbals,

> > which I used in my every daylife.

> >

> > here I am sending you this web address you may find good recipes

> > http://www.herballegacy.com/Recipes.html wish you all bright sunny and

> > healthy days.

> >

> > Love & warm hugs

> >

> > Muzaffer Esin

> >

> > Istanbul-Turkey

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > hideandsheep

> > Mon, 2 Mar 2009 15:45:09 +0000

> > Introduction

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Good Morning,

> > My husband and I were vegetarians for many years but quit when it

> > became too hard to eat out here in Michigan but recently I lost over

> > 150 pounds and decided to go back to eating healthy again and both my

> > husband and I are so glad we are now vegetarians again. We are making

> > our own soy milk and tofu (because good tofu is so hard to find here).

> > We are hoping that we can find some great and interesting new tofu

> > dishes here because tofu has become one of our favorite proteins.

> >

> > Both of my daughters have been vegetarians since they were teens, one

> > since she was 12 and she is now 33 and a vegan and the other one since

> > she was 16 and she is now 29.

> > Thank you,

> > Susan

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > _______________

> > Windows Live™: Life without walls.

> > http://windowslive.com/explore?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_allup_1a_explore_032009

> >

> >

Guest guest

Perhaps at 8, you can make deals with him.  If he eats what you feed him all

week, you'll take him to Mc D on Saturday or something like that.  Maybe he'll

start wanting to eat your way but forcing will only make him rebel.  Or perhaps

try some of the " fake meats " that he might like but they aren't the best for

your health.  If what you are fixing is completely foreign to him, he probably

will rebel.  Perhaps you can let him help plan meals.  Peggy

--- On Thu, 3/26/09, Randall Rice <broezekiel2 wrote:

Randall Rice <broezekiel2

Introduction

vegetarianslimming

Thursday, March 26, 2009, 3:50 PM

Hi,

My name is Randy.  I am 52 and I live in Oklahoma (the heart of cattle

country.)  I have been vegetarian, as well as vegan off and on for probably 30

or so years.  My first intro to veganism was by my ex-wife back in the 70s.  She

has stuck with it; I, on the other hand, have been guilty of long lapses of

hedonistic excesses (food being among the last of my vices!)  I have been

fighting diabetes for the last 4 years.  Overweight and with high blood sugar

plaguing me, I have made a commitment to a vegan lifestyle.  There are also

ethical issues that have bothered me for a very long time, but I won't go into

them on this forum.  I have managed to pick up my 27 year-old daughter on this

ride (although her commitment is not as strong yet,) but others in my household

do not share my enthusiasm.  I do all the cooking in my family.  My disabled

mother and my 8 year-old grandson live with me and they are both dedicated

carnivores.  My mother has

been very supportive of my decision as she understands it is good for my

health.  My grandson is another story.  For the time being I have opted to

choose my battles wisely.  I make him try things (which most often he turns his

nose up because he knows it is healthy) but I still allow him to eat the food he

likes within reason.  I don't want him to develop food issues, because he is

OCD.  I have been doing this now (this time) for about two months.  I have lost

weight, haven't went hungry or unsatisfied, and have really tried some great

tasing recipes.  Sorry for being so " talkative " but there just seems to be much

to say.  I am glad to be here and look forward to picking up on some great

recipes!

Randy

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb discussing what is for dinner.  Liberty is a

well-armed lamb disputing the decision.--- Ben Franklin

Guest guest

Welcome to our group, Randy. It's great that you have decided to go vegan. I

myself (69 later this year) turned vegan after many years as a vegetarian (and

longer as an on-again-off-again-almost-vegetarian) and it does indeed make one

feel better :) My change came about because of ethical issues, about which I am

not shy on this or any other forum - it's better for the animals and for the

planet! Still, people come to vegetarianism and veganism for many different

reasons, some of which overlap or are even muddled together. It doesn't matter:

eat a varied veg or vegan selection of foods and you'll improve in health and it

all helps the animals and planet. A win-win situation, eh?

My dh is also vegan, so we don't have your problems really - we negotiate with

family and friends (as in they can eat what they like) but stick to our own

vegan guns (sot to speak!) for our own eating style and also for theirs within

our own home.We live in SW Ontario.

We hope to hear more from you. Don't be shy and ask whatever you want, okay?

Best, Pat (Co-owner with Cindi)

---

http://www.vegandonelight.com/spice

http://beanvegan.blogspot.com

http://river-rambles.blogspot.com

" As long as you derive inner help and comfort from anything, keep it. " Mahatma

Gandhi.

Randall Rice <broezekiel2

vegetarianslimming

Thursday, March 26, 2009 3:50:09 PM

Introduction

Hi,

My name is Randy. I am 52 and I live in Oklahoma (the heart of cattle country.)

I have been vegetarian, as well as vegan off and on for probably 30 or so years.

My first intro to veganism was by my ex-wife back in the 70s. She has stuck

with it; I, on the other hand, have been guilty of long lapses of hedonistic

excesses (food being among the last of my vices!) I have been fighting diabetes

for the last 4 years. Overweight and with high blood sugar plaguing me, I have

made a commitment to a vegan lifestyle. There are also ethical issues that have

bothered me for a very long time, but I won't go into them on this forum. I

have managed to pick up my 27 year-old daughter on this ride (although her

commitment is not as strong yet,) but others in my household do not share my

enthusiasm. I do all the cooking in my family. My disabled mother and my 8

year-old grandson live with me and they are both dedicated carnivores. My

mother has

been very supportive of my decision as she understands it is good for my health.

My grandson is another story. For the time being I have opted to choose my

battles wisely. I make him try things (which most often he turns his nose up

because he knows it is healthy) but I still allow him to eat the food he likes

within reason. I don't want him to develop food issues, because he is OCD. I

have been doing this now (this time) for about two months. I have lost weight,

haven't went hungry or unsatisfied, and have really tried some great tasing

recipes. Sorry for being so " talkative " but there just seems to be much to say.

I am glad to be here and look forward to picking up on some great recipes!

Randy

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb discussing what is for dinner. Liberty is a

well-armed lamb disputing the decision.---Ben Franklin

Guest guest

I am on a high raw vegan diet and have no problems with protein.

Basically if you are going to transition to a whole foods diet you

can throw out counting calories and carbs for example.

Your body will adjust to what you are eating.

Enjoy the lifestyle and never make it a chore.

Check out this link it has a very comprehensive list of everything that has

protein in it.

This a Omnivore list so it covers everyone.

http://www.fatfreekitchen.com/nutrition/high-protein-foods.html

, " Jammi " <jammi.girl wrote:

>

Does anyone know if green beans and wax beans have protein in them?

>

> I have a little fibromialgia type trouble with nuts (possibley nuts in

conjunction with chocolate, but don't the two always go together?), and can only

eat them about every fourth day, so I'm looking for other protein sources. Yes,

beans and whole grains I know. Dairy and eggs. Does that about cover it?

>

> As for the TV question going around...I'm love watching " House " every night.

It's my down time. I sure needed that last night after attending a funeral!

>

> Good to meet everyone. Have a great day!

>