IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Peanut Butter

Rate this topic

Guest guest

In a message dated 5/25/04 4:27:54 PM Pacific Daylight Time, SamADemers writes:

is there such thing as vegan peanut butter that isn't all runny and liquidy?

umm

wot's in normal peanut butter thats not vegan??

i don't generally eat the stuff..but...

Guest guest

In a message dated 5/25/2004 4:56:33 PM Pacific Daylight Time, EBbrewpunx writes:

ummwot's in normal peanut butter thats not vegan??i don't generally eat the stuff..but...

you can go grind your own peanut butter at trader joes but i normally just get regular low fat organic peanut butter... ive never seen a regular peanut butter that wasnt vegan

heart,jen.

Guest guest

In a message dated 5/25/2004 6:00:22 PM Pacific Daylight Time, njdoane writes:

I think there are some with honey in them (that "honey nut" combo) but other than that they should just be peanuts either with or without salt. My favorite brand of pb is Maranatha organic peanut butter. It needs a bit of stirring at first but isn't as runny and oily as some other natural brands. It's quite good.nancy

for those peanut butter lovers out there.... i have a good recipe

1 cup chocolate chips (i use the safeway brand dark chocolate chips.. but some of you dont eat sugar) so your choice of chocolate chips

1.2 cuo smooth peanut butter

heat that together in the microwave for about 1 minute

and rice krispy cereal... add in a couple cups (you`ll be able to tell when theres no excess chocolate)

put in a pan and in the fridge and consume

heart,jen.

Guest guest

like i said, never was a big fan of peanu butter..i like my peanuts whole

but..yeah, as far as i know, even mass produced crap peanut butter is still vegan, with like added hydrogenated oils....except fer like the honey ones..but thats sorta obvious...

cheers

fraggle

you can go grind your own peanut butter at trader joes but i normally just get regular low fat organic peanut butter... ive never seen a regular peanut butter that wasnt vegan

Guest guest

In a message dated 5/25/2004 7:10:13 PM Pacific Daylight Time, EBbrewpunx writes:

like i said, never was a big fan of peanu butter..i like my peanuts wholebut..yeah, as far as i know, even mass produced crap peanut butter is still vegan, with like added hydrogenated oils....except fer like the honey ones..but thats sorta obvious...cheersfraggle

it irritates me when "vegans" eat honey,

heart,jen.

Guest guest

-

Samantha Demers

Tuesday, May 25, 2004 7:23 PM

peanut butter

-Samantha<<<

All you have to do to make your own is get some raw peanuts and put them in a food processor til it's the right consistency...dont add anything and its yummmy!!

Tara

Guest guest

, EBbrewpunx@c... wrote:

> In a message dated 5/25/04 4:27:54 PM Pacific Daylight Time,

> SamADemers writes:

> >

> > is there such thing as vegan peanut butter that isn't all runny

and liquidy?

> >

> >

> umm

> wot's in normal peanut butter thats not vegan??

> i don't generally eat the stuff..but...

I think there are some with honey in them (that " honey nut " combo)

but other than that they should just be peanuts either with or

without salt. My favorite brand of pb is Maranatha organic peanut

butter. It needs a bit of stirring at first but isn't as runny and

oily as some other natural brands. It's quite good.

nancy

Guest guest

most peanut butter has sugar in it from many different sources (namely from the distributor domino that filters it through cows' bones) smuckers all-natural sugar-free stuff is good if mixed with some vegan-cool sugar (i use turbinado on everything)~~brii

>xjenisveganx > > >Re: peanut butter >Tue, 25 May 2004 20:55:54 EDT > >In a message dated 5/25/2004 4:56:33 PM Pacific Daylight Time, >EBbrewpunx writes: > >umm >wot's in normal peanut butter thats not vegan?? >i don't generally eat the stuff..but... >you can go grind your own peanut butter at trader joes but i normally just >get regular low fat organic peanut butter... ive never seen a regular peanut >butter that wasnt vegan > >heart, >jen. Best Restaurant Giveaway Ever! Vote for your favorites for a chance to win $1 million!

Guest guest

it irritates me when "vegans" eat honey,

heart,jen.>

Agreed, considering the many deaths to people and bees through honey farming.. it baffles me people call themselves vegan and still eat the stuff.

SimonTo send an email to -

Guest guest

In a message dated 5/26/2004 10:37:50 AM Pacific Daylight Time, SamADemers writes:

rice krispy cereal is vegan?

sure is. I get the generic brand though cause it has less "stuff" in it.

heart,jen.

Guest guest

In a message dated 5/26/2004 1:13:35 PM Pacific Daylight Time, Heartwork writes:

It is in the UK but not in America.

Jo

The kind I have has rice, sugar, salt, high fructose corn syrup, and malt flavoring.

heart,jen.

Guest guest

regular peanut butter has sugar in it.

oh i can make my own peanut butter at the whole foods market over here...i should probably just do that then.

thanks

-samanthaxjenisveganx wrote:

In a message dated 5/25/2004 4:56:33 PM Pacific Daylight Time, EBbrewpunx writes:

ummwot's in normal peanut butter thats not vegan??i don't generally eat the stuff..but...

heart,jen.To send an email to -

Friends. Fun. Try the all-new Messenger

Guest guest

i was at my boyfriend's mother's farm, and as we were walking down the driveway...about a thousand feet long, one of her neighbors, stopped us and we were all talking. he had us come look at some of his beehives. he sells honey. i was expecting an actual beehive, not some box. as far as family farms go, bees and of course killing the animals, are things i really just can't agree with. at night time we had tea and they all had the honey that they got from him.

Guest guest

Jo

-

Samantha Demers

Wednesday, May 26, 2004 6:00 PM

Re: Re: peanut butter

rice krispy cereal is vegan?

Friends. Fun. Try the all-new Messenger To send an email to -

Guest guest

, Samantha Demers <SamADemers>

wrote:

> is there such thing as vegan peanut butter that isn't all runny and

liquidy?

>

> -Samantha

>

I love peanut butter. And my favorite is absolutely, hands down,

Trader Joe's organic crunchy peanut butter. I've tried Maranatha's

(and many others) but TJ's is darker, seems less runny to me, and

seems to have less of a sweet taste to it, even though neither product

has sugar in it. Anyway, those are my 2 cents. :)

Guest guest

yeah, they are a store

they're ok, if sorta yuppie..

and they don't do bulk....everything(in my opinion) is waaaay overpackaged...

but..thats the way the store is run...

the generally have an ok selection of vegan stuff...heck, they had vegan cookies years ago, soooo

but..i dunno..i rarely go there unless i'm travelin and blunder into one

http://www.traderjoes.com/locations/index.asp

trader joe's is a store though right? i live in rhode island, i've never heard of trader joe's...or even marantha's for that matter

Guest guest

In a message dated 5/27/04 8:51:57 AM Pacific Daylight Time, SamADemers writes:

sugar isn't vegan jen

weeelll

depends on the sugar

but, if it just sez "sugar", its safer just to run away...

*demonstrates by running off, arms flailing overhead*

Guest guest

In a message dated 5/27/2004 9:03:24 AM Pacific Daylight Time, EBbrewpunx writes:

sugar isn't vegan jenweeellldepends on the sugarbut, if it just sez "sugar", its safer just to run away...*demonstrates by running off, arms flailing overhead*

im fully aware that sugar isnt vegan. im also aware that there have been reports that it is in fact vegan. but again, its hit or miss. like when a product says letchitin without the soy in front of it. (as with one of the tofutti products) you dont know if its diary or soy. even one of the tofutti products doesnt say soy but it is soy. so yeah. i am aware.

heart,jen.

Guest guest

In a message dated 5/27/2004 9:04:38 AM Pacific Daylight Time, EBbrewpunx writes:

yeah, they are a storethey're ok, if sorta yuppie..and they don't do bulk....everything(in my opinion) is waaaay overpackaged...but..thats the way the store is run...the generally have an ok selection of vegan stuff...heck, they had vegan cookies years ago, soooobut..i dunno..i rarely go there unless i'm travelin and blunder into onehttp://www.traderjoes.com/locations/index.asp

not every store has every product though, which sucks! but they do carry tofutti cream cheese, earth balance butter, and pita bread thats only like 70 cents. yum!

heart,jen.

Guest guest

i've used organic sucanat, rapadura, and stevia before, heck, i've prolly still got em all in my shelves...but..i rarely use sugar, as have nuthin i eat really to put it on, unless i'm bakin cookies..and thats a winter thing

heh heh

i use florida crystals sugar...but i usually don't add sugar into much, i'm trying to stay healthy. a lot of the stuff i eat already has sugar in it...like evaporated cane juice is okay, and raw sugar is fine too...but plain sugar...it probably isn't vegan.

Guest guest

sugar isn't vegan jenxjenisveganx wrote:

In a message dated 5/26/2004 1:13:35 PM Pacific Daylight Time, Heartwork writes:

Jo

The kind I have has rice, sugar, salt, high fructose corn syrup, and malt flavoring.

heart,jen.To send an email to -

Guest guest

trader joe's is a store though right? i live in rhode island, i've never heard of trader joe's...or even marantha's for that matter

-samanthaebippity <ebippity wrote:

, Samantha Demers wrote:> is there such thing as vegan peanut butter that isn't all runny andliquidy? > > -Samantha> I love peanut butter. And my favorite is absolutely, hands down,Trader Joe's organic crunchy peanut butter. I've tried Maranatha's(and many others) but TJ's is darker, seems less runny to me, andseems to have less of a sweet taste to it, even though neither producthas sugar in it. Anyway, those are my 2 cents. :)

Guest guest

i use florida crystals sugar...but i usually don't add sugar into much, i'm trying to stay healthy. a lot of the stuff i eat already has sugar in it...like evaporated cane juice is okay, and raw sugar is fine too...but plain sugar...it probably isn't vegan. EBbrewpunx wrote:

sugar isn't vegan jenweeellldepends on the sugarbut, if it just sez "sugar", its safer just to run away...*demonstrates by running off, arms flailing overhead* To send an email to -

Guest guest

I thought that peanut butter was just vegetable oil and peanuts? maybe I was wrong?!

The Valley Vegan...Samantha Demers <SamADemers wrote:

-Samantha

Friends. Fun. Try the all-new Messenger To send an email to -