IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Help

Rate this topic

Guest guest

make sure you let the mixture soak long enough before cooking it.

if you still are having issues with them crumbling or falling apart, try adding a bit of flour to the mix to help with binding. chickpea flour (if you can find it) works really well.

cheers

fraggle

Patricia Mar 5, 2010 1:57 AM Re: Re: Help

Will they be crisp on the outside if i do that?Patricia--- On Wed, 3/3/10, heartwerk <jo.heartwork > wrote:

heartwerk <jo.heartwork > Re: Help Date: Wednesday, March 3, 2010, 11:48 PM

Hi PatriciaI have made falafels from about three different recipes, with the same problem. I have also made other types of burger/pate, which disintegrate when I fry them. I have found the best thing to do is put them on a baking tray, brush with oil, and cook in the oven.Jo , Patricia <moondreamer64_2000 wrote:>> I used the recipe for falafel that's in Vegan With a Vengeance today and the patties totally disintegrated into the oil. Does anyone know what I did wrong? The dough is the consistency of thick hummus.> > Patricia>---To send an email to -

Guest guest

Actually, the recipe included a little flour and some bread crumbs and i stuck it in the fridge for 30 minutes as per the recipe. I made small patties with the rest of the mixture today and baked them at 425 degrees for 15 minutes for each side. When I get ready to use them I'm going to fry them in a little oil to make them crisp.I'm determined to have falafel.Patricia--- On Fri, 3/5/10, fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:fraggle <EBbrewpunxRe: Re: Help Date: Friday, March 5, 2010, 11:20 AM

make sure you let the mixture soak long enough before cooking it.

if you still are having issues with them crumbling or falling apart, try adding a bit of flour to the mix to help with binding. chickpea flour (if you can find it) works really well.

cheers

fraggle

Patricia Mar 5, 2010 1:57 AM Re: Re: Help

Will they be crisp on the outside if i do that?Patricia--- On Wed, 3/3/10, heartwerk <jo.heartwork@ gmail.com> wrote:

heartwerk <jo.heartwork@ gmail.com> Re: Help@gro ups.comWednesday, March 3, 2010, 11:48 PM

Hi PatriciaI have made falafels from about three different recipes, with the same problem. I have also made other types of burger/pate, which disintegrate when I fry them. I have found the best thing to do is put them on a baking tray, brush with oil, and cook in the oven.Jo@gro ups.com, Patricia <moondreamer64_ 2000 wrote:>> I used the recipe for falafel that's in Vegan With a Vengeance today and the patties totally disintegrated into the oil. Does anyone know what I did wrong? The dough is the consistency of thick hummus.> > Patricia>------------ --------- --------- ------To send an email to -unsubscr ibe