Jump to content
IndiaDivine.org

Spicy-Sweet Melon Salad

Rate this topic


Recommended Posts

Guest guest
Posted

Spicy-Sweet Melon Salad

 

 

 

Ingredients

 

The longer this salad sits and the flavors meld, the spicier it gets.

 

1/2 cup sugar

 

1/2 cup water

 

1/2 small jalapeño pepper, thinly sliced

 

2 cups cubed honeydew melon

 

2 cups cubed peeled cantaloupe

 

 

 

Procedure

 

Combine sugar and water in a small saucepan; bring to a boil, stirring until

sugar dissolves. Remove from heat; add pepper. Chill.

Combine sugar mixture, honeydew, and cantaloupe in a large bowl. Cover and

refrigerate 4 hours or overnight. Serve with a slotted spoon.

 

(serving size: 2/3 cup)

 

 

 

Serving Information

Serves: 6

Fat: 0.2 g

Calories: 104

Fiber: 0.8

Carbs: 26.5

WW Points: 1.9

 

Colleen M. Criswell

)O(

About me:

AIM/AOL: CollMCriswell

: DomesticGoddess_C

ICQ: 204291287

MSN: delaneysmama

My Family's Web Site

My Live Journal

My B.O.S.

My Kitchen Witch Site:

For free Astrology or numerology charts e-mail me

My Pagan Friendly Desk Top Themes

 

Groups I run:

Witchy Weight Loss

Everymom

Little Witch's Hearth (A group for Pagan Children)

 

 

Guest guest
Posted

Sorry it's taken me so long to get around to this :=( I thought I had responded,

but the evidence is definitely otherwise *lol*

 

Thanks so much for this recipe - I can see many of us turning to it in the hot

weather days (at least in the northern hemisphere!) that lie ahead. It's unusual

- I like that - and incredibly simple!

 

I've put it in the Files section - under Sweets, cuz it's sweet with all the

sugar

added ;=)

 

Best,

gf

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...