Guest guest Posted June 21, 2004 Report Posted June 21, 2004 >But first: Greenfury, I mistook your accent > as being from Minnesota, sorry about that. No problem ;=) Just didn't want to fly under false colours! ;=) >Also, I assume your old > fashioned chile con carne should have had quotation marks around it. Not at all. If you have a look again at my message you will see that I didn't write what you 'saw' *lol*. What I wrote (and I have copied it from the previous message and will now paste in here) was: >Yesterday I cooked up a batch of good old-fashioned chilli non carne in the >crockpot so that we can pick at it if the weather's too hot for cooking. . . . That was chilli *NON* carne. No quotation marks needed ;=) 'Non' meaning there weren't no me*t in it nohow! *lol* - and that's about as oldfashioned as I get these days. And thanks for the intro. On to that! Best, gf Quote
Guest guest Posted June 24, 2004 Report Posted June 24, 2004 I completely missed the " non " carne. It just shows how your mind will fill in things for you if you are't paying attention. It was all a lame attempt at humor;>). , " greenfury2004 " <greenfury2004> wrote: > > >But first: Greenfury, I mistook your accent > > as being from Minnesota, sorry about that. > > No problem ;=) Just didn't want to fly under false colours! ;=) > > >Also, I assume your old > > fashioned chile con carne should have had quotation marks around it. > > Not at all. If you have a look again at my message you will see that I didn't > write what you 'saw' *lol*. What I wrote (and I have copied it from the previous > message and will now paste in here) was: > > >Yesterday I cooked up a batch of good old-fashioned chilli non carne in the > >crockpot so that we can pick at it if the weather's too hot for cooking. . . . > > That was chilli *NON* carne. No quotation marks needed ;=) 'Non' meaning > there weren't no me*t in it nohow! *lol* - and that's about as oldfashioned as I > get these days. > > And thanks for the intro. On to that! > > Best, > gf Quote
Guest guest Posted June 25, 2004 Report Posted June 25, 2004 > I completely missed the " non " carne. It just shows how your mind > will fill in things for you if you are't paying attention. It was > all a lame attempt at humor;>). Mine does that all the time. And my own attempt at humour was seriously lame :=( No problems here - except I take the point that I gotta think of another name for the dish that *won't* be mistaken for me*t by anyone *lol* Thanks for writing ;=) Best, gf Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.