Guest guest Posted June 18, 2004 Report Posted June 18, 2004 Hi :-) I read PT’s plug on the feralveg group and had to check this one out, since I love spicy foods. My name is Sherri, and I’ve been doing the vegetarian thing off and on since I was a child. This time has been the most successful (I’ve actually made an effort to do it RIGHT this time), and it’s coming up to 3yrs now. I never much liked meat, so it wasn’t a big deal to give it up, and there are some wonderful analogs out there now. I still miss fish though. *sigh* I live in CT, in the NYC suburbs, so I have access to some great stores and lots of restaurants with vegetarian options. It’s much easier eating meat-free here than it was in northern Manitoba. My current favourites are Indian foods and Thai food, but I enjoy lots of others as well. I’m looking forward to exploring all kinds of new spiciness in this group! Thanks for having me. -- Sherri " Pain is fleeting, glory is forever, and scars are sexy. " --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.707 / Virus Database: 463 - Release 6/15/2004 Quote
Guest guest Posted June 18, 2004 Report Posted June 18, 2004 Hi Sherri and Welcome to Vegetarian Spice! Congratulations on going back to vegetarianism - once one has tried it, it really does feel healthier both physically and psychologically, doesn't it? ;=) Well, for some of us anyway *lol* NYC is a great place to eat veggie - and yes, probably a bit better than northern Manitoba ;=) Canada is a great me*t country! We have some decent veggie restaurants here, though (my dh and I have recently moved to Montreal). I don't actually miss any particular food after all these years, but I do miss the convenience of being able to order them in a restaurant, you know? :=( anyway, please look at our recipes - we're a young group - just over a month old - so we don't have a lot up there yet but we are working on it! I'll look forward to talking with you ;=) Best, gf , Sherri <sherria@o...> wrote: > Hi :-) > > > > I read PT's plug on the feralveg group and had to check this one out, > since I love spicy foods. My name is Sherri, and I've been doing the > vegetarian thing off and on since I was a child. This time has been the > most successful (I've actually made an effort to do it RIGHT this time), > and it's coming up to 3yrs now. I never much liked meat, so it wasn't a > big deal to give it up, and there are some wonderful analogs out there > now. I still miss fish though. *sigh* > > > > I live in CT, in the NYC suburbs, so I have access to some great stores > and lots of restaurants with vegetarian options. It's much easier > eating meat-free here than it was in northern Manitoba. My current > favourites are Indian foods and Thai food, but I enjoy lots of others as > well. I'm looking forward to exploring all kinds of new spiciness in > this group! Thanks for having me. > > -- > Sherri > > " Pain is fleeting, glory is forever, and scars are sexy. " > > > > > --- > Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. > Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). > Version: 6.0.707 / Virus Database: 463 - Release 6/15/2004 > > > > Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.