Guest guest Posted June 8, 2004 Report Posted June 8, 2004 Here, here! i know i enjoy some variety served at a spicy meal. Some nice cooling fruit soup is a lovely palate cleanser between the spicy bites of food. This brings to mind a question for this group. What sorts of palate cleanser type dishes do you like to serve at a spicy buffet or dinner? Or maybe you don't do that and just go from one spicy dish to the next? ~ pt ~ Every man marveled mightily what it should mean That a man and his horse should be such colour green. ~ 'Sir Gawain and the Green Knight', anon. Irish poem ~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~~~> , " greenfury2004 " < greenfury2004> wrote: > :=) Well, most sweet things don't have a lot of spice in them - and we do have > a file up for not so spicy mains. I guess I must apologize for adding it without a > disclaimer about the lack of 'spice' but you could always add a little zing to it if > you like, you know ;=) Use your imagination! *lol* > > I'm interested in sweet soups. They often come at the end of a Chinese > banquet, for example. Quote
Guest guest Posted June 8, 2004 Report Posted June 8, 2004 Sweet pickled ginger works for me. I noticed one day after a little too much Wasabi, that the ginger cooled my mouth as well as cleaning the palate. I now use it anytime I over-do it with chillies or hot sauce. Jim " A woman's intuition has often proved truer than man's arrogant assumption of superior knowledge. " Mahatma Gandhi , " Feral " <terebinthus> wrote: > Here, here! i know i enjoy some variety served > at a spicy meal. Some nice cooling fruit soup is a > lovely palate cleanser between the spicy bites of food. > > This brings to mind a question for this group. > What sorts of palate cleanser type dishes do you > like to serve at a spicy buffet or dinner? > Or maybe you don't do that and just go from one spicy > dish to the next? > > ~ pt ~ > > Every man marveled mightily what it should mean > That a man and his horse should be such colour green. > ~ 'Sir Gawain and the Green Knight', anon. Irish poem > ~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~~~> > , " greenfury2004 " < > greenfury2004> wrote: > > > :=) Well, most sweet things don't have a lot of spice in them - and > we do have > > a file up for not so spicy mains. I guess I must apologize for > adding it without > a > > disclaimer about the lack of 'spice' but you could always add a > little zing to it > if > > you like, you know ;=) Use your imagination! *lol* > > > > I'm interested in sweet soups. They often come at the end of a > Chinese > > banquet, for example. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.